Chapter 18 Give Her A Chance
103 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A look of disappointment flicked across Su Zibao's face. She wanted to help Pei Yi out, but he was not interested at all, let alone let her join Emperor Media.

"Okay, tell me, what exactly are you up to?" Pei Yi was very satisfied with the expression on Su Zibao's face, and a secret arc was drawn at the corner of his lips. This petite woman wanted to stir up his emotions and make him share her hatred.

She must take him as some innocent boy.

Su Zibao pursed her lips, "I want to join Emperor Media, to prove to my dad that Emperor Media has potential, and try to get the 200 million investment, even if it's not all for us, it can't be all for Yucheng Real Estate. Actually, I believe I can make things happen in 2 months, that’s why I have to win over 5 million investment."

"Why?" Pei Yi spat out two words. She insists on joining Emperor Media let him believe that she has another agenda.

Su Zibao took a deep breath and said with all seriousness, "Because I want to break into show biz, I want to make Emperor Media No.1, and I want to show my dad what I’m capable of."

I want to bring down Yunting Entertainment, I want Xia Group to go bankrupt, I want Xia Chengye to die, I want to avenge my parents who died at the hands of a monster, and I want to avenge myself.

That’s why.

Pei Yi swiveled on his heel, his hand pressing on the wall. Now Su Zibao is facing him, her back pressed hard against the wall, watching his handsome face getting leaning over, with a bewitching smile on his lips. His voice has a kind of intoxicated charm: "Why?"

Simple enough words sent a shiver down her spine, which made it clear to her that he didn't believe a word she just said. For reasons unknown to her, Su Zibao knows instinctively what to do when dealing with the world-renowned playboy.

Don't fool him, and don't try to cheat him, otherwise, you will never get what you want.

"I can tell you the real reasons. But I’m afraid that you might not buy it." Su Zibao gritted her teeth and decided to go all out, "I want to avenge Su Zi’s death."

There was a trace of inquiry and interest in Pei Yi's eyes, and the slightly raised corners of her lips signaled her to continue talking.

"I don’t think you know this, but we were very close. Though I was nowhere near her, we used to video chat all the time. I know everything about her, including her deepest secrets. Su Zi didn't die in a car accident. She was killed by Xia Chengye. I don’t have any proof. And you don’t have to believe me, but it’s true. I want to avenge her, I want to get into show biz, I want to bring down Yunting Entertainment, and I want to kill Xia Chengye,” she stumbled out the first part, but when she came to the last bit, she said it with a vengeance.

That kind of deep-seated hatred seems to have been engraved deep in her bones.

Pei Yi's eyes paused for a sec, she doesn’t fit into her rumors. In the past three years of studying in the United States, she’s changed into a completely different person.

"I know you think I'm just a student, but what Su Zi can do, I can do just as well. She taught me a lot, and I’ll make a good director, you have my word. You just need to give me a chance. Just give me 2 months. If I can't make Emperor Media's profit 10% higher than before within a month, then I will drop it. But if I do, I can ask my dad for that investment, then you put me in charge of Emperor Media." Su Zibao raised her drooping eyes, her eyes filled with tears and she was using all her strength to hold them back, "Please, Mr. Pei."

The reason why Su Zibao put her cards on the table is that Yunting Entertainment is his rival. If Emperor Media wants to develop its place, it would go head-to-head with Yunting Entertainment.

This was also the first time she told anyone what she was going to do after her rebirth, and she promised herself that no one else will know.

She knew she just met him. But this man is her husband, and they’re in this together. She could keep all those secrets. And they’re bound to be out someday. In that case, she might as well just be honest with him. That’s how she builds trust.

Pei Yi's long and slim eyes narrowed slightly, it sounds like bullshit, more bullshit than her previous reason.

But he judged the second reason seemed to be her real thought. He didn't care about what happened between Su Zi and Xia Chengye, as long as she had no ulterior motives against him.

The flame of vengeance in her eyes seems familiar. They are from the same lot.

Of course, he hasn’t bought it yet. But even if this woman wants to play tricks, so be it. Her real agenda will come out eventually.

And if she could really do it, maybe she could be a big help to him, worth the shot.

"Call my name." Pei Yi leaned close to Su Zibao's ear, half of her cheeks were numb due to the warm breath.

Su Zibao didn't understand where did this come from. She said in a daze, "Pei Yi."

"Well, come to Emperor Media tomorrow, eight o'clock in the morning." He stretched out his finger and flicked her forehead lightly, with a hint of a smile lingering in his eyes. Then he turned and opened the door and walked out of the bedroom.

Su Zibao touched the place where he had flicked it and still felt a little unbelievable. He said yes.

He wasn't tempted by the 200 million investment, and he wasn't tempted by her promise of making Emperor Media No.1. In the end, she gave up all hope and said that she wanted to avenge Su Zi. Even she herself felt that this reason was complete nonsense and not convincing at all.

But he agreed.

For a moment, that handsome and charming face was so warm.

Su Zibao exhaled lightly. Mom and dad, it begins.

Sitting in the back seat, Su Zibao was dressed in well-tailored professional attire and wearing light makeup. She looked like a businesswoman, with a dazzling diamond ring on her slender finger as the only embellishment.

"Well, Mom, don't worry, as I said. Yes, I'm almost there. I need to go. I’ll take a rain check on that sauna." Su Zibao hung up the phone, closed the documents in her hand, and looked at the Emperor Media Building. Her lips curved into a smile. 

1