Chapter 19 They All Quit to Scare Her Off
99 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After she convinced Pei Yi, Su Zibao tried to talk her dad into it over the phone again. Anyway, the cooperation with Yucheng Real Estate is still early days, and her dad agreed to give her time so she could prove herself. If Emperor Media's revenue can increase by 10% within two months, Su Guoqiang is willing to invest 50 million yuan. With this money, she could do whatever she sees fit, whether it’s investing in TV dramas, making movies, or headhunting artists.

Although there’s nothing special about Emperor Media, it is under the Pei Group. Sitting in the Beimen District of Haicheng, it owns several office buildings and dormitories. Even though Emperor Media is not doing particularly well, but the pay is good and with other perks, people are clamoring for a post here.

Su Zibao got this file from Pei Yi. In it, there’s a company profile and personal information about senior members.

"Miss Su, welcome to Emperor Media. My name is Xu Fan, the special assistant." Just as the car pulled over, a man in a black suit and gold-rimmed glasses took a step forward respectfully and opened the door for Su Zibao.

Su Zibao smiled politely at him, "Su Zibao."

"Mr. Pei has briefed me. Welcome. We throw a welcome party for you. Do you want to pop over there quick or take a rest in your office before you come along?" Xu Fan asked.

Su Zibao was slightly taken aback. She supposes that she needs to say hi to the guys. After all, she got preferential treatment. Besides, it’s a common practice. She nodded at Xu Fan, "I’ll go over now."

In the office on the top floor of Emperor Media, Pei Yi, who was standing in front of the French windows, looked at Su Zibao who came out of the car and looked down at the watch on his wrist. Seven thirty, half an hour early, a good sign.

"Mr. Pei, you haven’t been home last night. She must think you won’t come to the company today." Song Yingjie obviously has a bad night. He yawned, "Anyway, it's Su Zibao's first day at work. I mean, shouldn’t you be there for her? I told you how hard they take it. If your new bride finds it hard to swallow, don't blame me. I’ve warned you. She’s just a college kid for god’s sake. "

Pei Yi didn't answer, his eyebrows raised slightly, "You, the director of the art department, should you be getting ready for the meeting?"

"Yes, Mr. President." Song Yingjie yawned again, rubbed his red eyes, and said with a tired voice, "Drink with you in the night, go to work with your wife in the day. What did I do to deserve this? I’m going. Oh, right, should I tell her that you’re here?"

"No need." Pei Yi sat back on the leather sofa, a thick stack of resignation letters and joint pleadings were placed on top of the rosewood table, including much senior staff. If they all quit as threatened, Emperor Media could not even function properly. They all rose against the new director, who doesn’t deserve the post in their mind.

He doesn't care whether the company is losing money or making a profit. But she promised to turn things over in 2 months. If she can't handle this, she won’t be able to deliver her promise.

He wanted to see what she would do.

After stepping out of the elevator, Xu Fan reminded her with his voice lowered, "They might be a little hostile given that you landed on top of them out of nowhere."

A little hostile is an underestimate. Goaded by some, they threatened to quit if she were to become the director. Only responsible for the CEO, she has ruffled some feathers and stepped on some toes.

Su Zibao hasn’t shown any sign of timidity. She replied to him with a smile, "Thanks for the reminder."

The moment Xu Fan pushed open the door of the meeting room, he was embarrassed. It was completely empty. What the hell is that? He told everyone about the welcome party.

Su Zibao frowned slightly, and heard a familiar voice coming from behind: "Aha, I thought I was late. Well, it turns out that everyone hasn't come yet. It just so happens that I was the first one here."

Looking back, it was Song Yingjie with a hippie smile on his face.

"You are really eye-catching today, a beauty in the workplace." Song Yingjie smiled and praised, looked around, and shrugged, "However, it seems that I am the only one who gets to appreciate you today. Bad luck for them."

He clumped along to his seat and sat down, stretched a bit, and leaned his upper body on the table, "I'm really worn out. Oh, by the way, I saw a bunch of resignation letters in the CEO's office and their joint pleading for you to step down. What are you going to do about it?"

So that’s how they greet her. She’s already seen this coming, though she has to admit, it’s a bit rough on her.

"Xu Fan, did everyone come to the company today?" Su Zibao asked without changing her expression.

Xu Fan immediately replied, "Yes, they should be hard at work now. Director Su, why don't you wait a moment, I'll go and inform them to come here now."

"Don’t bother." Su Zibao sat down at the head of the table in the center of the meeting room, took out her notebook from her bag, and smiled politely at Xu Fan, "I know you are Pei Yi's special assistant, really good at computer. I assume you could easily hack into the company’s computers, right? I’ll give you ten minutes, can you get it done?"

Xu Fan was stunned for a moment, and threw his hands in the air, "Ten minutes, no problem."

But how the hack did she know about that?

1