Ch. 7 Level one?
106 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**I am sorry for the delay, but I was at a birthday party, and it would be a bit rude to start doing things on my phone.**

At first I wanted to run, scared shitless, but the greedy goblin in the back of my brain found a new thing to be excited about. 

In the span of two seconds of me deciding what to do, the Wolfbear had closed the distance between us, and I instinctively attacked it, while using 'Light infusion'.

It had its front limbs outsretched, with it's claws out, as it was trying to attack me. But with my agility, I managed to dodge the attack, and punch it in it's snout. 

It growled, and strutted back a bit, but before it attacked, Demiur- I mean, Pearl had attacked it while using 'Blood claws', after gathering herself up. She slashed it's skin twice, before she had to jump back. 

Now, the beasts snout was a bit burned, and I am quite sure I broke it's nose, and the right side of it's ribcage was slashed. 

It tried attacking Pearl, but since she jumped back, it failed. This gave me another chance to attack, and I managed to get another hit in, this time to it's ribs. It gave off a quite satisfying cracking sound. I am sure I broke it's ribs, but I didn't have any time to dodge the incoming attack from my left. 

It hit me, and I flew back a bit, stopping once I hit the floor, not like in some books, where the character flies around twenty to thirty meters. 

After managing to pick myself up from the hit, I looked at the Wolfbear, and saw that De- I mean, Pearl was attacking it, and dodging it's attacks. When it did a swipe attack at her, I expected her to duck, but she instead jumped at it's back, and digged her claws and fingers deep into the beasts back. 

I already was close enough to attack it, but I notice it didn't move since Pearl had jumped at it's back. It was just standing there, as if something paralyzed it. 

It looked like that for about a minute, then it suddenly dropped to the ground, dead, right where it stood. 

Pearl stood atop it, her breaths short, as adrenaline stopped giving her energy. I noticed that it was happening to me too. 

I walked over to her, and asked her "What the hell happened to it?" 

She looked at me, a bit apologeticly, and answered "I forgot to tell you, but Vampires have a natural passive skill. It's called 'Vampirism', and it makes it, so that when you touch fresh blood with your skin, it absorbs into you. I'm sorry." 

Right then, a ding sounded out. I quickly said "Don't worry, I could have expected something like that." and checked on what the ding was. 

Right when I thought about it, a half-translucent screen showed up. 

************

You have defeated your first enemy! 

Your level ups:

Level ### (null) ---> Level 2!

Monk lvl.1 ---> Monk lvl.3!

Mage lvl.1 ---> Mage lvl. 2!

Light infusion lvl.1 ---> Light infusion lvl.2!

Due to you becoming level 2, all of your stats have gained two point, andyou have gained 12 status points! Spend them wisely! 

Due to you becoming level 2, you have gained 0,2 skill points! Spend them wisely! 

Due to your class [Monk] becoming level 3, you have gained 0,2 skill points! Spend them wisely! 

Due to your class [Mage] becoming level 2, you have gained 0,1 skill points! Spend them wisely! 

Overall skill point value gained: 0,5

Shorten the point gain?   YES/NO

************

I immediately pressed yes when it appeared, since the 'Spend them wisely!' was getting on my nerves already. 

I then opened my status, and put my stat points into my attack, magical attack, and agility. Now my attack is on seventy eight, magical attack is on seventy three, and agility is on seventy five. 

"Now, Pearl, can you tell what that Wolfbear thing was? " 

Her answed was at the very least helpful, "They appear, in southern regions of the Akalari princedom. They are strong, but slow. I was lucky for having my passive skill, which attacks directly the inside, because it has very strong hide. My claws made only small cuts on it." 

"So we are in the Akalari princedom? That's bad, we will have to go through at best two other nations." 

We then talked a bit about our options, and decided, that we will be walking by the road, until we get to a village or a town.

1