Ch. 8 The Adventurers Guild
81 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I could have included the next few days of our adventure, but we were either walking, or fighting. On the next day after our first fight, we fought another Wolfbear, and two horned wolves, who were the harder bunch of the two. 

With this however, Pearl has managed to estimate our location, since horned wolves rarely live anywhere near any other apex predator. 

We also found a stream, and Pearl filled a bottle with water. She explained that she had the bottle always on herself, but it was already empty when we met at the academy. 

The next two days we fought another three horned wolves, and I decided to gather their meat to try to make some food over a campfire.

We also leveled up. I am now level eight, and my classes 'Monk', and 'Mage', are respectively eleven, and ten. Pearl is on level nine. I think her 'Blood warrior' class is currently on level twelve. 

However, the best day was the fourth day after defeating our first enemy. It was because we found a town. 

The town was named Kavaneh. We decided to go to the a guild, then ask for some place to stay in. 

We were wondering which one, when the adventurers guild came up. Adventurers could take on various commisions, and take money for completing them, but also  give you some money when you start. 

This seemed like the best option for us, since we had no money on us except for some copper pieces, that I had on myself. 

So we went there, and once we were in, we walked to a receptionist, who was inder a sign, labeled 'Registration'.

"Hello! What can I do for you?" said a woman, who was, I presume, twenty five years old. 

My answer was immediate "Hi, we would like to register ourselves as adventurers." 

"Of course, just wait a second as I prepare your Status cards, and guild emblems." 

And there she went. Dissapeared for a few seconds, and when she was back, she had two necklaces, and cards. 

"Right, miss, we don't really need status cards, since we are both newly ascended." 

"Alright then, I suppose. But we still need to be able to read your status, to figure out your rank."

Right. That has to be done. "Of course." 

Something that I thought was surprising, was that Pearl was completely silent the entire time. I suppose she opens up much more easily, when you know her for at least little bit. 

So, the receptionist took us to a special room. Inside it was a crystal ball, to which we were walking. 

"Alright, put your hand on that ball, and pour some of your mana into it."

I did as she said, while she walked over to a stone tablet, put on a stand. 

When she looked at it, she groaned and murmured "Ugh, another noble forcing an ascension on themselves."

Then she looked over at us, and said, this time normally "Okay, you can stop now, I will tell you your rank back at the reception. You, come here and do the same thing."

Pearl did it, and the receptionist said, while sounding quite surprised "Demiurge? Isn't that a male name?" 

And that was the moment when Pearl said her first words to that receptionist "Well, uh, you see, I was born a man, and then when our ascension happened, I was suddenly turned into a girl, and now I am calling myself Pearl." 

"Ok then, let me change this up a little for you." the receptionist said that after listening to Pearls explanation. 

'What. They can do that? No wonder they have the reputation as the biggest, and most spread up guild at the time.' those were my thoughts during that process. 

After some more necessities fulfilled, we went back to the reception, and got our emblems. They were made of bronze, since that is currently lowest rank. If we were travelling for longer, we could be copper ranked adventurers, but either is good. 

We also got some money, which we used to get a room in an inn, to sleep on a bed and not on the forest floor.

2