Chapter 6
60 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sara looked down at Cass after he had just jumped from the cliff.

“Is this what you really wanted?, Is this what you’d rather choose over me?”, she says.

“I-I just want to be free”, Cass tells her.

“Free from what? From me?!, Sara says angrily.

“That’s not it. You just don’t get it”, Cass says.

“Then explain”, she replies.

“I’m not good enough. I’m nothing”, he says.

“Chhh”, Sara feels nothing but disgust towards him.

 

His emotions have only felt completely shallow, they’re hardly noticeable at all and most of his powers will rely on his emotions.

Even now, I can barely notice them.

They’re too suppressed, his old life made him this way, it’s a given for familiars.

I know it’s my job to bring it out of him but if he’s the runt of the litter then he’ll likely be useless to me.

 

“Maybe I should just put you out of your misery”, she says.

She levitates him up and puts him back with his stomach on the ground.

He groans loudly from being moved.

Sara puts her foot on the side of his head, she increasingly applies pressure over time. She uses her powers to increase the intensity of weight and force pressing down against his skull.

 

“It’s what I deserve. Crush me like a bug. That’s all I am”, Cass quietly says in a pathetic manner.

Sara can imagine that his skull is likely to break soon.

If I destroy his brain, he won’t be able think anymore. It’s as good as being dead.

Another witch can revive him if he’s found but he’ll never be of any use to them so it doesn’t matter.

 

Tears begin to run down his face.

“I’m just a bug… a bug… bug… bug… bug”, he starts repeating slowly.

She starts to feel his despair.

A witch is an empath to her familiar, she can feel her familiar’s emotions.

It’s an intense, empty, hollow feeling.

It overwhelms her.

She did it, she thought to herself.

She completely managed to break his mind in the process but she was able to do it.

I can use this, she thought.

He needs to understand and experience this feeling more.

I’ll come back for him later.

He can manage with a bit more suffering for now.

I can rebuild his mind later.

Sara leaves Cass there.

 

Sara’s presence was requested by letter earlier by a grand witch.

She had to leave abruptly from her meeting to deal with Cass but she is meant to return.

She imagines the location of the grand witch in her mind and teleports herself there.

She appears before the grand witch.

The grand witch has long straight white hair, hazel eyes, pale skin, a perfect figure like a Kpop idol or dancer/JAV star, the same as all witches, they all have the same physique.

All witches also retain their youthful appearance forever, they have eternal youth and beauty.

They also all have the appearance of being all the same age, but they may have actually lived for thousands of years.

As was mentioned before, a measurement of time is not something known or kept track of in this world.

 

“You’re back”, the grand witch says.

“I had to deal with him again”, Sara responds.

The grand witch is sitting in an armchair with another empty armchair facing diagonally towards each other.

In this room of the grand witch’s realm, everything was mostly pure white, the furniture, the floor, the walls, the ceiling, everything.

A witch can teleport to another witch’s realm if she’s been there before and is welcomed to by that witch.

That’s how Sara is able to teleport here.

 

A grand witch can be of equal standing as any other witch in terms of power.

It’s a bit of an honorific title.

A grand witch has always been, an original.

Any other witch has come from another world into this one.

A grand witch has a higher social standing.

Although, Sara is a bit special compared to other witches also.

She’s a bit of an elite class of her own.

 

Sara takes her seat next to her.

“Is he really that much of a nuisance?”, the grand witch says with a smirk.

“You don’t know the half of it, Sara says with an annoyed expression.

“As we were discussing earlier…”, the grand witch starts.

“Tell me again about your familiar’s appearance and characteristics”, the grand witch finishes.

“As I said, about his eyes, one is hazel and the other is blueish green, his skin is pale white, he has thick, curly light brown hair, he’s tall and has a skinny athletic build”, Sara explains.

Sara continues with describing Cass’s personality.

 

“It has to be him”, the grand witch says.

“Who?”, Sara asks.

“Do you remember your history lessons about the war between witches and wizards?”, the grand witch answers.

 

Grand witches have the task of teaching new witches as new witches first enter into this world. Sara had finished her lessons long ago. This grand witch was one of her teachers and Sara had always been her favorite student.

 

“What about it?”, Sara asks with a curious expression.

The grand witch begins, “This isn’t mentioned in our histories but there was once a famous and very powerful wizard. He had the very same appearance and personality as what you had just described. In the war between wizards and witches, he didn’t care for siding with his own kind and wasn’t particularly friendly toward witches either. He was a part of a third faction, an offset of other wizards that made themselves enemies of both witches and the main faction of wizards alike during the war.

“Why?”, Sara interrupted.

“The grand witch continued, he was very rebellious and mischievous. He was in disfavor of how controlling and orderly wizards tend to be. He never sided with witches either because he also felt out of place, unbelonging around them. He was always a bit of a loner. The faction grew among other wizards with the same mindset. He was responsible for the way the offset faction originally organized, he was a founding member. There was no set of hierarchy or class but respect, fame and fear was something very prized within their faction but was something that had to be earned.

“Earned how?”, Sara asked.

The grand witch continues, “If one was challenged in any sort of way, they must fight the challenger to the death. If they lost face and appeared weak, they would be cast out from their faction.

“What ever happened to this wizard?”, Sara questioned.

The grand witch continues, “This offset faction was very small, extremely outnumbered but there were very strong wizards within their faction. Despite their low numbers, they would still cause as much disruption and chaos as they could.

 

In a battle towards the end of the war, this wizard was entrapped in a fight, encircled by a total of about a dozen high ranking wizards and witches. He managed to kill a portion of them but eventually it was too much and he had been slain in the battle.

“And the rest of the offset faction?”, Sara asked

“After the main faction of wizards lost the war, they and the offset faction were all hunted down and executed. Only five of the grand wizards from the main faction remain and are being searched for in order to be executed to this day”, the grand witch finishes.

“And you think Cass is a reincarnation of this wizard?”, Sara asks.

 

After the war, a curse was placed on all wizards.

In their reincarnation, they would be born into a world without magic.

This curse made it so they would live out their lives in complete solitude and isolation, in misery and despair.

When a new witch comes into being she is connected and paired with one of these wizards in essence.

When the reincarnated wizard in this non-magical world falls enough into their own despair and asks for help in any sort of fashion, they will be summoned back into the witches world where they will be enslaved by their witch as a familiar.

 

Sara and the grand witch continued their discussion until…

 

Sara had been keeping an eye on Cass by seeing through his eyes.

He was being eaten by wolves.

“It looks like I need to take care of my familiar again”, Sara says.

She excuses herself from the meeting.

The grand witch smiles and nods.

 

Time had extended at a long enough pace for Cass that it had been what seemed to be days. In comparison to being in the grand witches realm, it may have seemed like only a short amount of time.

 

Sara teleports to Cass.

She imagined one of the wolf’s neck being snapped and forced it into happening then she made it be pushed away.

The other two wolves turned to face her and began to move towards her in a threatening manner.

She imagined two giant spikes extending out from the ground at a rapid pace up from under the two wolves.

She made it happen and impaled them in the middle of their abdomens.

The two wolves hung lifeless on the spikes.

 

She walked up to Cass.

He was in a mangled mess.

His guts were out of his stomach.

A chunk was taken out from his leg and neck as well.

She placed her hand on his forehead and forced him into falling asleep.

 

If he had been completely eaten, his bones and some of his flesh would likely remain.

She would still be able to put him back together.

 

First I need to repair his mind.

I can’t have him remember all of this.

Just the feeling he had so he can draw power from it.

Sara closes her eyes and dives into Cass’s mind.

She begins to gather pieces of his memories.

She takes away his fear of her knowing what he’s thinking and the memory of it.

She takes the memory of her threatening to take his eyes.

She takes away the memory of her nearly crushing his skull.

She replaced memories with their argument remaining similar, the torture in the cabin still took place. he fell and twisted his ankle, the wolves chased him, he falls off the cliff, the wolves continue after him, he still fights one of the wolves in the water, the wolves catch up to him again, and Sara comes to his rescue.

She had finished repairing his broken mind.

She opens her eyes.

 

Cass is sat up, still asleep.

A key hole is now on the back of his head with a key lodged inside.

Sara turns the key to lock his real memories away.

She places the key in her mouth and swallows it.

She forces Cass to lay back down with her powers.

She wasn’t extremely gifted with healing magic but she was pretty good at it, none the less.

She knelt down at the side of Cass and placed her hands over the parts of his body that she needed to repair, moving her hands over his body as needed.

As she did so, she imagined the tendons, muscles, ligaments, organs, skin tissue, veins, everything about the build up of the human body, all of it rebuilding itself.

She continued this until Cass’s body was back to appearing unwounded.

He may feel some discomfort when he wakes up but his body should be able to naturally take care of the rest of the healing process.

She used her powers to clean him off from all the dirt, mud and everything else he had acquired from being out here in the wild.

She then grabbed his hand and teleported them both back to the cabin.

Sara was sitting on the couch with Cass’s head lain on her lap.

She ran her hand through his hair and smiled down at him.

She eventually fell asleep.

0