Ch 2. The First Gate(1)
148 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The space started to distort more and more, to the point that it no longer resembled like a cyclone.

"This..."

Yes. Nobody probably here to understand this phenomena, not could I but still I knew what this weird space is in front of me.

It's a Portal. Or better to say a Gate.

The Gate was shining blue, giving off a very otherworldly feeling to anyone looking at it. 

The students were a bit nervous... not a bit, but too much nervous but the beauty of gate stopped them for a bit.

It enchanted them and soothed them. 

But it was no way a good thing.

Because...

"What are these...!"

In the midst of it, only I was somehow a bit sane. Maybe, being a reincarnator is a key for it. But I wasn't thinking about that.

My mind solely was looking at the creatures coming out of the gate.

Holding a wooden club in hands, one by one, it came out in group of three. Small and green, with very ugly features having big and dirty nails and a long elongated nose with big round eyes with vertical pupils on the face, well matching their small stature giving the monstrous look to them.

For the clothes, other than a old red coloured rag covering the nethers, the three creatures well pretty much naked.

The concept of fashion seems to be lacking for them, though it also gives the impression of them as savages.

Kekeke....

And with that ugly laugh three of them stepped inside, licking their lips while looking at all of us.

It is one of the most iconic known monster - Goblin.

And it roared. 

And the first seat in the front, the boy in front of the gate shivered in fear.

"W-What are..."

And before he could even ask, the goblin slammed his big club directly into the head of the boy smashing it into pulp with a single strike.

And at the moment, all the classmates realised that the event in front of them is not some dream.

It's reality.

The death of that boy truly triggered the classmates.

And what came after it is without a doubt - Chaos.

The splashed blood made all of them run in herds, not caring about anyone else. Truly a chaos.

And I was standin still in my place. And the reason of course...

"I am so scared!!"

Shit! Even though I wanted an adventure, I didn't imagined it like this. 

The sudden change, and from heaven it turned to hell in matter of seconds!

"What should I do?"

Even though I was shivering with fear, at least I was able to think rationally. I wasn't overwhelmed by that fear.

Maybe dying once did wonders to me. 

"Hori-san..."

I looked at front where the goblin trios were in rampage. The table was already squashed into pulp with their wooden clubs, while some students who sit in front rows are dead.

And Kyouko Hori and Yuki Yoshikawa, both girls who were coming from the door were standing in the middle, under the reach of the goblin.

Without a doubt, both of them were in danger.

Take a step, Ren!

Even though I was a bit afraid, I took a step ahead making the desk fall with a sound.

It might be a small sound in midst of this chaos, for some reason it truly calmed me.

With no more hesitation, I grabbed the desk by its leg and lifted it up with my strength.

It was unbelievable that I could do it, probably it is the work of adrenaline.

And then I shouted at both of the girls, standing still in fear.

"Hori-san and Yuki-san. Run!"

My shout worked! Hori-san looked at me, and being a decisive one, she quickly grabbed Yuki-san and ran with her might from there goblin.

"Take it, goblins!"

And I threw the desk at the goblin. It went up in air and the desk smashed into the goblin in front making it fly back.

Pant! Pant!

It worked! It seems the goblin are weaker than I imagined.

Maybe, it is possible... killing the goblins.

And I decided to put it into practice. After, there doesn't seem to be any other way to escape from the gate.

--

"Kobayashi-kun..."

Hori looked at Ren who stood in front of this danger, with a tinge of courage unlike anyone else.

Being someone having a secret side in her life, she never judged anyone from their appearances. In this class, most people ignore Ren, being a head of class even though she doesn't mingle with him much, she might be one who tries to talk to him.

And she also kind of feel a bit envy of Ren who is able to live freely unrestrained by the surroundings.

She took Yuki with her and like others ran towards the door to escape.

At that moment, she looked at one of her classmates, Yuuki Asuna who is just like her was shivering in fear.

"Asuna-san!"

She tried to call her, but her voice didn't seen to reach her. The creature was about to pounce of Asuna, but Ren came with a vase and quickly smashed it in goblin's head under surprised gaze.

"Kobayashi-kun...!"

--

If I was a confident protagonist, what would I do?

I asked myself. In this predicament, what is the best course of action?

To survive, the best is to adapt. Let the nature take it course, and he should adapt to it.

But at that moment, I will be in nature's mercy. And if time comes, I might die powerless.

If that's case, then the best course of action is to become the apex in this new forest.

"This gate is not some kind of one time thing. If it occurs once, then without a doubt it will occur again."

And if that happens, I need to have power to deal with it.

And for that...

"Die, goblins!"

I don't need to adapt, but I need to rebel. I need to kill them.

7