Ch 5. Floor 0 – Tutorial(1)
131 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Really, such a clear sky."

Currently I am standing wearing a straw hat with a shovel in my hands.

Ren Kobayashi with full farmer set portraying the proper farmer life.

As for the reason for it, then it's quite obvious. I am currently planting plants.

Kyuu!

I looked down at the sunflower which seemed to smile at the sun rays falling down at it.

Looking at the stage, my eyes just twitched. I just couldn't believe it.

"Seriously? Are you telling me that the tutorial is this!"

Anyone from previous world would realise the tutorial which is given by the tower as a task for the so-called chosen ones.

The very familiar sunflower which seemed to smile as it swayed in the sun accompanied with some peas with a weird funnel shaped mouth from which they seemed to fire green peas.

They is no way Ren can't remember it. 

"It's freaking Plants vs Zombies!"

Sunflower and Peashooter turned their head as soon they heard their owner seems to shout about something. Well, it has nothing to do with them so they returned back to soak themselves with the warm sun rays.

"Damn it!"

Rather than a desperate note, this time I was cursed with a grin in my face.

Because this stage for me is a easy peasy. Since it is a tutorial, it won't be too hard and taking that in an account I am sure that at least I won't fail.

"Though still feeling it in person is different."

Right now I am not using some sort of device to play, but is standing in front of the house which is supposed to be mine according to the settings.

In front of me is the very familiar green plot with five rows stretched upto the road from where zombies invade the house.

"But the manual work is still a bit of pain."

Normally, I used to click and drag to plant but now doing it manually is a kind of pain. 

I turned my head and looked at the floating panel in front of me showing the specifics of the quest.

==

Floor 0 - Tutorial

Type - Protection

Quest - Protect your house from the invasion of zombies

Time Limit - 20 minutes

Reward - ???

Tutorial Hint* - Read the diary of the previous owner Crazy Dave

==

"Even though it's easy for me, I am sure many of them are going to fail."

And the reason is very simple. And that's because the process of protection is no explained in the quest window.

Who can guess that we need to use plants to protect the house?!

If I didn't played plants vs Zombies, even I wouldn't think about it!

"Quite a dirty trick. But it also means that it tells us to find it ourselves. Maybe because it is a tutorial, it gave a hint."

Crazy Dave. The man who originally made those mutant plants through experiments to stand up to the zombies.

In the game, he comes and teaches the ways to play the game. I guess he is working the same but instead of direct, this time a diary is left behind as a tutorial guide.

"Though it doesn't make much difference to me. But is this farmer get up is important?"

A farmer set is given by the tower to equip in this tutorial. A straw hat, a shovel and a shirt with a trousers with many pockets.

Roughly there are eight pockets, and in each of them there are different kind of plant seeds.

There is sticker of the plant's face on it's respective pocket which makes it easier to not confuse.

According to diary, the way to use the plant seeds is very simple.

Choose a patch and then use the shovel to dig it. And then plant your choice of plant which will grow instantly and help in aid.

Though before you could plant the same plant would take a bit of recharge time with some sun points.

Recharge time and Sun points are understandable since both of them are concepts used in game. But I was a bit doubtful about the planting method.

In the game, the click and drag method made it much easier but here I have to do it manually. It is indeed a relief that for some reason as th shovel touches a patch it is dug instantly, but maybe that's the feature of the tower for easy digging.

"The main problem is the collection of the sun points."

Sun Points. The fuel to grow plants. Collecting them from sunflower is easy since I would standing behind them, but how could I can get the random sun points which falls from the sky?!

"I guess, I will abandon the ones that falls near the zombies and try to collect the ones that falls in the empty space."

I looked up at the top where there was timer for the quest to start.

Since I already know the plant properties, I don't have much to revise. Failing is out of question, though the absence of lawn mower kind of make a bit insecure.

Even though the most optimal way to clear it is by using plants, it's not like it can't be cleared through sheer force.

If someone can defeat the incoming zombies bare handed, then they can pass as well. Though that is out of question.

Timer - 00:30 Seconds...

Timer - 00:29 Seconds...

Timer - 00:28 Seconds...

The seconds went down one by one making everyone who chose to be the one as a player a bit nervous.

Even I am a bit a nervous, maybe because I am doing it with my life is in line.

"But that's alright. I have no regrets. I came to tower to have fun, and to do what I wish."

Listening my own words kind of made me laugh, reminding me that I am talking like Monkey D Luffy.

And why wouldn't it sound same? After all, I am also climbing tower to have fun and gain power to live as I wish.

It might be insignificant to bet life in line for just fun, but that's what we call a man's romance.

Timer - 00:00....

"Zombies are coming!"

8