Ch 6. Floor 0 – Tutorial(2)
115 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Zombies are coming!"

And with that familiar voice, the quest started. Quickly I went to the first lane and started to dig it without any hesitation.

"Even though I don't plan to plant in all of them, at least I should dig them open for emergency."

Since click and drag won't work, it would be better if I dug them beforehand.

This way I can just threw a seed into the patch making it come out instantly.

"Two sunflowers."

Like in the game, I have 100 sun points from start. Sun points are indispensable for the plants. So, the best way to secure them is to plant sunflowers, since they provide a stable sun points unlike the random ones from the sun.

"Here is the first one."

I quickly took out a seed and planted it in the first lane and as soon I placed a seed, a sunflower came out of it.

"Good."

The sunflower just kept swaying under the sun, bouncing with a smile making the tension went away for a bit.

Sun Points - 50

And using the rest I planted another sunflower in the second lane just next to the first one. The recharge time for sunflower is quite fast, so I didn't needed to wait for a while.

With that both of them sunflowers were on the plot ready to produce sun points. But now there is a problem.

"It seems they arrived. The zombies."

I looked down at the road, and zombies were slowly walking down as they advanced towards the house.

"Is it because of game that they seems to be a bit cute?"

The zombie seemed very similar to their designs in the game giving me a bit of cuteness instead of fear.

The zombie entered the top most lane and started walking with its own weird rhythm. The lanes are quite long with nine patches capable of planting nine plants in one lane.

So to reach upto the house, it would take the zombie a bit of time. And this time is very crucial, since I have to plant some attack plants.

Sunflowers are support plants with zero attack power. They can only produce sun points which in essential for using plants but that's it.

Even though the quest is to protect the house instead of defeating the zombies, it is not bad if I can protect my house with defeating them.

"A sun!"

I quickly walked down on the fifth lane and collected the sun that was falling down from the sky.

Sun Points - 0 → 50

"Should I use it or wait a bit?"

50 points are enough to use an actual attack plant, but I can get a bit more proper plant if I wait a bit.

"What should I do?"

The sudden cry of the new zombie which entered the third lane startled me. 

"Damn! Now is not the time to be indecisive."

The first zombie was just a four patches away from the sunflower. It would take not much time for it to reach and gobble up the sunflower.

But I also have to prepare a counter for the zombie in the third lane.

"Tsk! It's seems I have no choice."

I quickly took a seed and went to the third lane. I quickly dug up the third patch in the third lane and planted the seed.

And a small tower with a red bulb on top of it came out from the ground, as if it was indicating something.

It a very powerful plant which can blast off most zombies.

The Potato Mine - 25 Sun Points

The low cost plant with a very high attack power. The only cons is that it takes time to fully mature unlike the other plants which can grow immediately.

"Potato mine can take care of this zombie."

Even though the zombie is yet to stop, it will be enough time for the potato mine to mature.

I quickly returned back to the first lane where the zombie was just two patches away from the sunflower.

"Shit! The manual work is killing me!"

By this time, the sunflowers glowed and two suns came out of it.

"Sun points!"

Sun Points - 25 → 125

I quickly collected both of them and then quickly took out a seed and planted it the third lane, just in front of the zombie.

And then, a big brown coloured nut with round eyes appeared out of nowhere.

The best reliable plant in critical times, the Walnut.

Crunch! Crunch!

The zombie stopped and started to each the walnut which blocked it's road to the house.

"Safe!"

The walnut took 50 sun points, which left me with 75 points, a bit short of 25 points from 100. But at that moment, a sun fell from the sky making the points exceed the 100 mark.

"Finally, it's time to lay a proper defense."

I quickly took out a seed and planted it in front of the first sunflower. The first lane already has a shield - Walnut, and though it is blocking the zombie, the zombie has yet to received any damage.

Behind the Walnut, the very first plant of the game came out.

The first attack plant - The Peashooter.

With the cost of 100 sun points, it came out and started firing peas at the zombie.

Each pea has a damage of 20, so it would take 10 peas to kill the zombie which would take roughly 15 seconds.

While all of it was happening in the first lane, the zombie on the third lane was already near the potato mine which already matured.

And as the zombie stepped on it...

Wa-pow!!

And the zombie got destroyed with a blast and it's head fell down on the ground.

"Finally, a zombie died."

But it was only the start. Since the death of the zombie, more zombies finally entered the plot.

A new zombie appeared in the first lane walking to help it's fellow zombie whose hand had already fallen due to peashooter.

While more zombies randomly appeared in the second, fourth and fifth lane, all walking towards the house to eat my brains.

Just looking at all of them made me remember the days when I played Plants vs Zombies.

"It really makes my blood boil."

7