Ch 11. Rewards(2)
96 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Is this my reward?"

I blankly just looked at the short sword in my hand that appeared from the chest.

==

A Well Sharpened Short Sword - E (Upgradable)

Description - A normal yet good sharp short sword that can be used to hack enemies.

Ability - None

==

"Wasn't the chest was of C grade? Then why I got a E grade weapon?!!"

I complained with anger pondering how could it happen. Normally, I should have got some skill or weapon or even an item but at least it should have been of C grade!

"I know it's like a mystery box, but still..."

I didn't wanted to accept it, but it seems fate has a different outcome for me. 

"I still don't understand how can I upgrade it?"

Even in the skill Flow, there was an "upgradable" tag beside it. It's meaning is simple but means are not.

"After all that exploring, I have yet to find it."

Not finding any clues about upgrading, I reluctantly gave it up and tied it on my waist. At least the treasure chest I got from gate was conscience enough to provide a scabbard along it.

"Now, it's time to return."

---

"If something good happened all this time, then it's the schools that are suspended because of the tower and gates."

No matter the world, I never liked to attend schools. The sole reason for attending it was the hope of getting a girlfriend.

"When I first arrived in this another world, I thought that at least I could get a girlfriend with my new "topper" plan."

What is the reincarnator's most powerful cheat? It's not the powers the gods bestowed them, but the mature memories that comes along them making them reach the pinnacle in different worlds.

"I thought by using the knowledge of different world, atleast I could become the top in the school and get the attention of some girls."

I already graduated from school in my previous world, how hard could it be in new world?

In a snap, I would become the top of the school, and then girls would shower me with attention. Of course, most girls wouldn't do, but I am sure that the girls with a bit strict and nerdy nature would approach me.

Nowadays, it's a trend of nerdy girls being the most beautiful under the black rim glasses.

But...

"Who would guess that I would fall into a world more advanced then my previous world?!"

Rather than becoming the top, I am here in the bottom of the class with barely passing grades. Enough low, to make the student council president - Kaguya Shinomiya to reach out to me with anger.

"Well, I don't have worry much about school for now."

It's been more than week since he returned from the tower. And the appearance of towers and gates has made the world go through drastic changes.

For now, the military has somehow controlled the situation but it isn't going to make it right.

"I doubt that upper echelons have never played a game in life."

Even though the story of gates and towers aren't mainstream in this world, games are pretty high-end in quality and influence.

Augmented reality and virtual reality which were just in the beginnings in his previous world are already finished in this world.

Artificial Intelligence is also pretty techy, though it still hasn't reached to the high complex thinking of a humans. The matter of emotions was in hand as well.

Removing the discussion of technology, the fact is it wouldn't take long enough for the uppers in the government to realise that towers are very similar to games.

"I am not the only player after all."

Guns and other modern weapons are working on monsters, but it has it's limits.

"In most stories, modern weapons don't work inside gates and towers and it doesn't work against high class monsters as well."

And just I thought, it didn't take long for the government to understand the real danger of gates.

They were like a bomb ready to explode at any time.

"Fortunately, I cleared the goblin gate just at its birth. If it got a bit of time to grow, I doubt that I would be able to clear it."

Battling against just three goblins nearly made to reach afterlife. And they were of lowest level!

There drop items made it enough clear that the goblins in that gate were of low grade.

"But now it wouldn't be difficult."

I clinched my fist and I could feel the strength in my body. It was very clear that somehow I gained strength.

And it made me understand the connection of the gates and the tower.

Tower is the place to gain power. The more one climbs it, the most he can gain power. And the person who can climb it are called players.

And players are the only ones who can clear gates.

"Since modern weapons don't work in dungeons, players who can gain strength from tower are the only candidates for the clearance of the gates."

Anyone could enter a gate, but it would be in vain unless it was a player. And if I am correct, the gates have grades as well.

"The goblin gate I cleared was of F grade."

The reason I got a treasure chest and of a high grade was because of my achievement of being the first one to clear a gate.

Since government would realise it soon, they would try to recruit players as fast as possible. But they can't force players for it.

"Because we live in democracy!"

The conglomerates and other ambitious players would start to make their own groups, their own guilds and would start to monopolize the gates for good items and artifacts.

"And of course, I would do that as well! Since I already monopolize the memories of the previous worlds."

At first I was indeed a bit guilty, but not now. Looking at the big picture, it's not the time for me to pull down punches.

This is just the start of a new world. And this is also a new start point for my future.

"If I want to make my name, I can't afford to stop at this moment."

I will reach the top and live like a protagonist! 

5