Ch 12. Floor 1 – Flows
340 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"A modern civilisation?"

I opened my eyes to find myself on a road with buildings and houses around me.

I wasn't in some medieval era, but in the modern world that wasn't necessarily advanced than my living world.

It was a normal day to day life type of world. A real, simple world.

But, it was for the rest not for me, a player of the tower. Because I could see the interface and understand the reality.

==

Floor - 1

Type - Exploration

Quest - Find out the Mystery of the Apocalypse

Time Limit - None

Rewards - ???

Floor 1 Hint* - The Tutorial

==

The interface in front of me told me that this peace I was looking at the floor was nothing at most but a facade.

Since the words "apocalypse" meant the real problem was just around the corner.

Rather than the matter of apocalypse, what shocked me the most was the people.

The floor harboured people, proper living humans! 

"I thought the floors would be filled with different monsters but it seemed I am mistaken about it."

I guessed the floors to be filled with different monsters and the players being the ones to level up after killing them.

But it seems quests are something more than that. 

"First, I need to find more about this floor."

The type of the floor is exploration. It means I have to find out the roots of the apocalypse that is going to happen.

This way I might have a huge advantage against most players. 

Since the apocalypse is yet to happen, I can gather information more safely and easily.

"That's why the tower gave an advance ticket. I will use it to its fullest."

I walked a bit and looked around the floor, to find out more about it.

It seemed like any normal city. But from the lack of huge buildings, I could conjure that it wasn't much of importance in terms of economy.

But...

"I can't go past it."

I looked at an invisible wall that prevented me from advancing forward. 

"Is the quest needs to completed inside a specified area?"

The people living inside could go through it, but I couldn't go past it. The people nearby looked at me with weird gazes, so I didn't tried much and returned back to investigate more about it.

I wandered a bit more under the weird gazes of the people towards the short sword on my waist, but I guess the excuse of being a cosplayer bore it well.

"It's already the time for the sunset."

I looked at the orange sky and realised that I needed to find a place to stay for tonight.

"But were can I abode... Oh! That girl seems to be of same age. I should ask her about some lodge or some internet cafes."

I looked at the girl with long dark violet hair walking in front of me with a long kendo bag in her back. For some reason, I felt her a bit familiar but ignoring that minuscule feeling I called her out.

"Hello, excuse me."

"Yes?"

"Can you tell me... Y-You..."

Those sharp eyes and with a v shaped bang in front made up of dark violet hair. So, that's the case! 

Apocalypse...

A normal world...

The tutorial...

I finally understood the world I am in. This is the world of high school of dead!

But I still needed to be sure of it. If I can get her name...

"Is your name Saeko Busujim--"

Before I could tel anything more, Saeko already took out her wooden bamboo sword and striked it towards me.

[Skill - 3rd Person's Perspective Activated!]

All the sudden emotions of fear calmed down instantly, and my hyperactive brain became rational.

Rather than dodging it, it's best for me to face it on.

In the tower, fighting is imminent. It's something that I have to get accustomed. For a newbie like me, the best way to get used to fighting is to fight as much as possible.

[Skill - Flow Activated!]

With not much hesitation because of my perspective skill, I quickly grabbed my short sword and took it out and grabbed the scabbard with my left hand. And instantly I rose my left hand and blocked the straight strike from the bamboo sword.

Bang!

"Oh! It seems you are not a normal stalker."

"W-wait! I am not a stalke... Damn!"

Ignoring me pleas, Saeko just started to strike her sword towards me with different angle to inflict damage on me.

'Damn! You sadist!'

Being someone who knows her true nature, I easily deciphered it from her thirsty smile that she didn't intend spare me.

'The strike I blocked from before already was quite a heavy strike. Even now my hands are a bit numb.'

It was already a miracle that I even blocked her attack. Saeko Busujima is a kendo prodigy being quite famous for winning many kendo tournament.

How could he, a normal person block her attack? 

'It's good that I am a player.'

When I returned back to real world, I already understood the changes in my body. It was something drastic but still it was apparent to me that I got stronger than before.

I didn't become a superhuman, but at least the strength bestowed by the tower for clearing the tutorial was enough to compete with the athletes.

And the other reason that helped me to block her attack was my skill - Flow.

'I underestimated the skill.'

I should have realised it from the time I saw its availability - Unique. Unique doesn't mean the skill is strong but it means that it is only available to an unique individual.

'I judged it because of its low rank but now I understood it's real power.'

Flow. As it's name describes it helps me to perceive the different flows around me. When I first activated in real world, I was about to go insane.

The huge amount of information rushing inside my head made me lose my sanity, but perspective skill stopped it at the crucial moment.

After a bit of practice I was able to control it. And now, it is the most needed skill in my slot.

It's because that I could see the flows of the air around her.

Any movement makes the air flow around it. And I can see it. The flow of air around the sword.

'Left!'

Quickly I moved my hand towards my left and blocked the sword incoming towards me. 

"You..."

I could see the surprise in her eyes. I also smirked at her.

As long I see the flows, I can block any attack!

7