Ch 13. Floor 1 – It’s Fun!
52 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At this moment, I don't need any more identification from her.

From her sword skills, I was already sure that the girl in front of me was Saeko Busujima. And it further let me to fact check that this world is indeed the famous apocalypse anime in previous world - High School of Dead.

But...

'She doesn't intend to stop at all!"

With a crazy smile, she continues to smack her bamboo sword at me with no rest!

Bang! Bang!

Looking at the flows of the air, I used my scabbard and blocked all of her attacks. Her reach was bigger than me, but I was a bit faster because of my weapon.

"It's good that I am wielding a short sword."

Unlike long swords, short swords are far more better for me. It require more strength to use long swords more effectively but it isn't the same for the short swords.

And for a beginner like me, it was far more suitable since I could use it to fight a veteran. Beacause of it's lightweight, I was able to react and block the incoming heavy strikes.

If I had a heavy sword in my hand, I doubt that I would be able to block Saeko's fast and heavy strikes.

'But I can't stall her attacks anymore.'

My left hand was already quite numb and I didn't had much stamina unlike her.

'I didn't attack because I wanted to talk to her with peaceful terms but it seems I can't get through her without defeating her.'

For the first time, I moved away from my defensive posture and took a step ahead towards her.

'If I can't mediate through words, then I will do with force!'

---

Weird.

It is too weird.

Saeko looked at the boy rushing towards her to attack her. She in a glance figured out her intention.

What she couldn't understand that how that boy seemed to block her every move?

'His hands are soft and smooth. His body seems to be a bit strong, but there isn't any sign of him being athlete. How he is blocking my attacks?'

Saeko Busujima lives upto her name. Within these minutes of assault, she easily discovered the characteristics of her opponent.

But still she didn't understand the method her opponent was using to block her.

'He is able to block my attacks with perfect precision. Even before my attack could reach him, he seems to able to predict it beforehand.'

Normally, fighters move according to their opponent's movements. But Ren wasn't like that. Just her attack was about to began, he moved and was ready beforehand to block it.

'He doesn't have experience yet is able to block it.'

A smile crept on her face, and a fighting intent rose around her.

'Interesting!'

Before she attacked with the intention of him being a stalker and her sadist tendencies were also a part of it, but now she looked at him with a pure competitive spirit.

Despite having an older sister figure, Saeko is a person who doesn't like to lose, at least not in her speciality - swordsmanship.

"Huh? For some reason the atmosphere around her changed. What it is?"

His flow who could only detect the subtle changes around her made him a bit perplexed. After all, spirit is an abstract, something that is not existent.

Yet, his flow could feel it but he himself isn't sure about it. It is too philosophical for him to think about it at this moment.

Throwing away his mind from it, he ran ahead like a pure warrior not afraid of death.

'If I am going to fight, losing isn't in my option!'

With a ferocity to win, I just rushed ahead towards Saeko.

"I can see it. The flows of the wind."

I didn't understand the feeling myself. But instinctively I followed the flow of the wind with my sword.

Better to say, the wind was supporting my sword. At that moment, I didn't knew myself but a kind of green trail was forming on my sword.

"From above."

I could see the bamboo sword falling towards me from above. To this point, I am already used to her swordsmanship. Like an instinctive reaction, I raised my left hand with the scabbard up to block it.

'I can block it!'

I didn't know the reason but I can feel that I am at my highest moment.

But...

"Wha?!!"

Saeko just didn't completely striked her sword down but carried the momentum and turned her sword from above to sideways.

"Shit!"

I looked at her face and could see her crazy smile. At that moment, I realised that I underestimated her.

'She got me!'

Because of the flow, I can see all attacks because of the airflow. It means that feints and real attacks are under my sight. But it doesn't mean I can distinguish among them.

People with experience can understand the difference between feints and real attacks in split second. But I am an amateur!

'What to to?!"

My heart started to beat faster because of the predicament. And like a switch, my skill activated once again.

[Skill - 3rd Person's Perspective Activated!]

All my palpitations calmed down and my mind started to work for a method to stop it.

Can I block it?

No.

Then, can I dodge it?

Yes.

Then I am going to dodge it! But it was easier said than done. Her strike was very calculated. No space to dodge nor the timing to block.

But...

'Its time for a gamble!'

As if the story was repeating from the times of tutorial. My life most times is based on gambles.

'Fun! It's fun!'

I don't understand myself, but at that moment a large smile was plastered on my face. I could feel the joy all over myself.

"Ah...! This is what I sought from the tower!"

A life of adventure, full of danger yet with a tinge of fun within it.

"Damn! I am happy that I got to enter the tower!"

---

Support and read additional chapters in - [email protected]/kurato6180

2