Chapter Thirteen – The Triplets
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

May floated up offering Harbor a hand. Harbor, forgetting May was in fact a ghost, reached out to grab it, his hand went through theirs. They both stared in momentary silence. 

“Forgot you don’t have hands.” Harbor broke the silence looking up at May with a wobbly grin. 

May huffed, “Well are you just gonna sit there or are we gonna look around?” They asked, hands on their hips.

Harbor stood whipping the dust off his pants as he stood. “I guess we should start looking around, we did come here for a reason.” Harbor straightened up meeting May’s eyes, “Where to first?”

While he waited for a reply his eyes ran along the place before him, there were two doors on either side of the staircase leading to the third floor he hadn’t noticed before. Then, like the ground floor, there were two doors to the left and to the right. The left door frame was missing its door while the right hung loosely on its hinges peering open slightly.

“This way.” May decided, floating off to the left.

Harbor followed in step. Together they passed the door frame missing a door and into the next room. Harbor lifted his food higher to get around the debrie that littered the floor, smashed china, splintered boards, the works. The room itself seemed to be the remnants of a bedroom.

The wallpaper peeled off the walls as bugs scurried across and beneath it. A large bed rested in the corner by the window. Glass scattered across it from the shattered window. The sheets were torn and a moldy hole dug by bugs littered it. The dresser besides it slumped over with two legs on one side having snapped off.

Harbor cringed at the state of the room. “Let's move on.” He muttered, hand over his mouth and nose.

“I feel like I’m going to get tetanus just looking at this place.” May added nodding along as the duo made their way into the next room, May flying through the door leaving Harbor behind.

Harbor huffed moving to the door cringing as his hand touched the rusted doorknob. “I really feel like I should not be touching this thing…” He muttered to himself.

The door opened without much fanfare, lucky enough. This room appeared to be a bedroom much like the first, only larger. Harbor stepped in farther. There was yet another bed off to the corner, the wallpaper peeling off like the first room, the floor relatively empty compared to the other rooms, next to the large window paintings hung or lay, and the windows were smashed, bordered up, or otherwise damaged. Unsurprising. 

Harbor moved closer to a painting that still hung on the walls he squinted at it trying to make out what exactly or who exactly it was. The colors had drastically faded since it was painted and the water damage done to it did nothing to help the image. 

From what he could make out it appeared to be a married couple, a man and a woman. They look rich and dressed in over the top clothes. Other than that he couldn’t make anything out. Not the details of the faces or what the couple was holding.

Harbor hummed moving away.

“Our parents.” A voice whispered into his ear. 

Harbor leapt into the air with a shout. May snapped her head his way, zipping over at top speeds. 

“What happened?!” They cried, looking their friend over.

Harbor shook his head, “I’m alright just heard that voice again.”

“What did it say?”

Harbor gestured to the painting he had been previously looking at, “Those people were their parents.” 

May floated closer, peering at it closely, “What are they holding?” They asked, squinting at the picture.

“No idea.” Harbor replied with a shrug.

“Do you think they're still listening in?” May asked as they floated to their friend who was rounding the corner, making his way to the next room,

“Maybe.” Harbor called back as he avoided a few bits and pieces of debrie.

“Ayo ghost!” May called looking up at the ceiling.

No reply.

“I think they're ignoring us.” May huffed looking back to their friend.

Harbor smiled slightly, “I wonder why.” He paused at the door, May not noticing and floating right on through.

A muffled, “Is it because were annoying?” Made its way past the door.

Harbor huffed a slight laugh, “Perhaps!” He called out fiddling with the door.

“It’s probably you.” May replied, voice still muffled.

Harbor leaned on the door opening it with a surprised shout as he nearly fell going through it. The room before him was smaller than the second, but larger than the first. Yet another beaten up bedroom.

“Dang are all of the rooms on this floor bedrooms?” He questioned not bothering to take much of a look around. 

“Think so.” May replied, shrugging as they joined their friends' side.

The door to the next room hung open allowing a solid view into the room before they entered it. It was in fact a bedroom.

“Yep all bedrooms.” HArbor nodded to himself, simply walking carefully past it and back into the room he started in. 

A frown stretched across his face as he looked up to the next set of stairs. May grimaced as well.

“Really don’t want to go up those, the last ones tried to kill me.” Harbor admitted gesturing to the stairs before him.

“Yeah neither do I.” May agreed.

“Oh stop being such babies.” A voice hissed all around them.

May and Harbor screamed, clinging to each other, kinda, ones a ghost.

“Genesis! I get it you can stop yelling!” The voice shouted again, rather aggressive, but alright.

May and Harbor screamed louder.

“Harbor HARBOR!!” A voice called. 

Harbor recognize that voice, it was Liam. Harbor siverled around, scream cutting off. 

“Liam!” May cried zooming to the door.

“Liam!” Harbor cried getting closer to the edge of where the stairs were.

“Harbor! Are you alright!?”

“Yeah!” Harbor swallowed his saliva heart still racing in his chest, “Just some rats!” He added.

“Alright, we go the ladder, but the door won't open!” Liam shouted back, relief in his voice.

“Ok, how about the windows? Can you get in through those?” Harbor questioned, desiring to get the hell out of this haunted house. His eyes briefly flickering over to May as they zoomed off, presumably looking for an open window of something.

“Ellie and Katie are looking for a way in now! Hang tight!”

“I will!” Harbor sat back on his knees. 

“There not going to be to get in.” A voice muttered into his ear filled with venom. 

Harbor gasped, spinning around and backing away from where the voice had come from. His head spinning as he tried to familiarize himself with his surroundings again.

“There’s no entrance!” May cried from behind him.

Harbor breathed a sigh of relief as he turned to face them. “What do you mean?”

“All the previously broken windows, they're all boarded up now!”

“Wha-  how?”

“No idea.” May seemed to be panicking.

Harbor moved closer, “Alright, we can still get out of here.” He said in his best reassuring tone.

May took a deep breath, “ALright, ok.”

Harbor nodded.

“Oh for heaven's sake!” The voice the duo had heard earlier sounded even more annoyed than before. 

Twisting to where the voice had come from Harbor and May found themselves screaming in horror.

“I’m not that scary.” The voice muttered to itself. “WOULD YOU STOP SCREAMING?!” It snapped at the terrified duo.

The duo shut their mouths, entire bodies quivering as they clung to each other.

“GHOOOSSSTTTT!!!!” They cried once more. Tears welling up in their eyes.

“SHUT UP!” The ghost demanded pieces of sharp wood flying to her side, sharp points pointed dangerously at the sobbing duo.

“I think I may have peed a little bit.” May whispered to Harbor. 

“You don’t have a bladder.” Harbor hissed back.

“Seriously dear sister, you must get your temper under control, you’ve terrified the guest!” A new voice, a new ghost.

Harbor and May’s eyes flickered between the two. The first ghost was taller, and significantly more terrifying. She had white skin, small streaks of blood made its way down her face. Her eyes were black unlike anything they had seen before a small pinpoint of white in them making them all the more eery. Her hair was sparse and blood read.

The second ghost had ware an elegant white mask. The eyes were voids like the first ghost. The mouth was open showing a blood red lip with razor sharp teeth. The mask seemed to be attempting to connect the entire mask, stretching like string cheese over the creepy mask.

“We have guests, why did no one tell me?” A new voice.

Three ghosts! Harbor was gonna lose it if there were four. May huddled closer. The newest ghost had a beautiful white mask that had a skeleton-like toothy grin, a skeleton nose, and black soulless eyes like the other two.

“Ah, Trouble, we were just on our way to tell you…” Grave says drifting off a bit at the end of their sentence.

“No you weren’t you were going to play with our guest without me!” Trouble stomped her foot.

Grave sighed, relenting to the third ghost, “Sorry about her love, I’m Grave.” Grave introduced. “This is Fatal.” Grave gestured to Fatal, “and this--” Grave was cut off by Trouble

“I’m Trouble! We’re triplets.”

The two friends looked at each other and then at the ghost.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!” They screamed together scrambling to their feet and darting off through the rooms they had come through.

“Ah, we got runners!” Grave cheered causing the two friends to run harder, looking frantically for a way out.

“Don’t get to excited.” It was Fatal that spoke this time, reprimanding Grave

Outside Liam frantically tried to open the door as Harbor screams overtook the mansion, flowing out in a terrifying cacophony. Ellie and Katie ran to him as he slammed his entire body against the door, determined to get in.

“Liam no!” Katie begged, grabbing his arm and attempting to pull him away from the door.

Liam refused to listen, yanking his arm back and slamming into the door once more.

“It’s no good, we’ll find another way in!” Ellie tried to reason, helping Katie pull Liam away from the door, which hadn’t budged an inch since they had found it locked. 

“No! Harbors in trouble!”

“We have a ladder! Maybe we can get in through the second story window?” Katie reasoned.

Liam didn’t seem too sure, but stopped trying to break away from the two womens grip. “Alright.” He relented.

Ellie and Katie breathed a sigh of relief.

0