02. First contact
1.5k 21 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘I’ve been grinding my telekinesis skill for about a month now and have managed to open up the hole in the front wall of the cave in with relative safety. It’s about 1 foot in diameter and I can sort of see the outside through it. I am really high up, likely on a mountain in a mountain range from the looks of it and snow is starting to fall outside. I can’t really feel the cold, which I guess is a blessing since I can’t move right now and I don’t want to waste fuel, but it IS kind of lonely out here. I wonder what it’s like out there and what kind of people are out there. Plus, considering there was a poisonous porcupine, it’s likely not the same world I came from.’

As I was thinking this, I started hearing the sound of crunching snow getting closer rapidly, like someone was running in my direction. Actually, it sounds like several people, and they are running fast.

‘Wait, but who are they, what are their goals, and what would they do to me if they find me?! This could turn south very quickly if these people don't mean well. Although, if I have to, I am not against killing these people.' The footsteps got closer, and I could finally make out some voices shouting outside.

"Get back here bitch! A demi like you should feel grateful for us offering you food and shelter, especially with those cursed eyes of yours. Your people don't want you, so come with us like a good girl and help us relieve some stress!"

'Shit, it just had to be people with bad intentions. It sounds like they want to enslave someone, and slavery is one of the worst crimes there is. I should be able to get eyes on them momentarily. Oh, Shit!'

As I am peering through the hole in the wall of rocks, the face of a young girl about 8 years old appeared just before morphing into that of a cat. The cat(?) comes barreling through the hole, crashing into the ground in front of me. Then *poof* she turns back into a small child with cat ears and a tail. So that's why they called her a demi, they meant demi-human. She managed to drag herself over to the side wall of the cave before she passed out from exhaustion. I looked back towards the hole in the wall and could finally see her pursuers come into view.

Four rough looking men wearing leather armor are shambling through the snow in my direction, not appearing to have seen where she went. This is my chance to take them by surprise, but I can only use three metal darts per hour. If I can at least scratch two of them with one spike, the poison should hopefully take care of the rest.

‘Steady now, can’t afford to miss the shot. 3…2…1…Now!’

*Thwoomp, Thwoomp, Thwoomp*

Two of the darts go straight through the necks of two of them, killing them instantly. The last dart goes through the right arm of one of them and pierced the chest of the last one, but it’s shallow. Then, I see something I wish never to see again. Their flesh starts melting off, turning into goop, as the rest of their skin turns purple. Boils and cysts start appearing all over their body and black blood comes pouring out of their eyes, spilling on the pure white snow. Their screams…I don’t think I will ever forget those screams of terror and fear as the two of them melted and boiled alive, watching as their skin turned into a purple-black goop before their eyes exploded into a white mist. Then, they were gone, their bodies disintegrated into nothing by the poison. Can that even be called a poison? From now on, I will NEVER use that skill again. No one deserves an end like that. Looking over at the other two, their bodies melted in the same way, but at least they didn’t suffer. All that remains of them are their weapons and gear. Now that I think about it, that porcupine was a lot more dangerous than I first thought if it can disintegrate a person. No wonder it qualified as an enemy.

Alert: Einoore Kingdom slavers killed (3), Einoore Kingdom slaver Captain killed (1); Skill obtained: Swordsmanship Lv. 5

Swordsmanship: improves learning ability and speed with a sword by 10% per level.

Alert: Skill cannot be used by host, troubleshooting. Correction found. 

Skill obtained: Share skills Lv. 1

Share skills: Allows for the sharing of skills from you to an ally. (Current level = 1 person/skill)

I use telekinesis to bring the smallest bag, a satchel, through the hole in the wall since it’s the only one that fits. Inside the bag, I find some basic food rations of jerky and hard bread along with a canteen full of water wrapped in a blanket to keep it all warm. There is also some flint and steel and some dry sticks in a separate pocket of the satchel. I immediately threw the blanket on top of the girl and used the sticks to make a small fire next to her, just big enough to not let her freeze to death. After all, there aren’t many sticks left so I have to ration them out through the night. The sun is starting to set and it will just keep getting colder, so hopefully I can make the hole big enough to get the other bags in here and maybe find some more stuff to keep her warm until the morning.

‘I hope I made the right decision, since this could turn out pretty badly for me if people realize I’m a sentient train before I am capable of properly defending myself. Then again, if she is a grateful person, maybe she can help lure enemies over here for me to kill so I can get stronger. I know it’s not the most kindhearted thing to do, but I can only protect others if I am capable of protecting myself.’

‘Well, all I can do is keep clearing this rubble and try to get the other bags in here while I wait for her to wake up. Here’s hoping she doesn’t die on me.’

A/N: Just in case people didn’t see the message in my profile, I plan to update a new chapter every Wednesday. However, I may publish more chapters per week if I make enough of them ahead of time to do a back-to-back release. Thanks for all the support and I will see you next week.

55