5 – Squids
1.3k 10 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Nick Fury POV)

Where are my fucking agents?!

Natasha and Bart's receivers have gone offline, which could only mean one of two things. They are having one hell of a part, or someone crashed it.

Now I would bet my eye Natasha isn't that lax, Clint maybe, but not our Widow.

I have sent several agents to attempt infiltration into the tower, but so far all our tactics have failed. Security protocols with the tower have been engaged, and Jarvis is blocking us out from trying to shut the damn thing down. The only reasonable thing to do in this situation is to contact Jarvis, which we've been trying to do for the last hour! All contact with the Avengers, seems to be disabled as an visual on the target had been erased the moment the privacy filter turned on.

Stark installed that damned privacy filter onto the Avenger's tower to avoid paparazzi, and now its biting us in the ass!

..

If this continues, we'll have to storm the place, which is unlikely to succeed given how many security protocols Tony had placed. After the Aldrich Killian incident, Tony made sure to missile proof almost every single one of his properties.

And to top all of that off, I've been alerted by the highest form of government that the CIA, NSA, and every other National security network has just been hacked into! We're looking at a global leak here and they want me to find out who did it!

It's been thirty minutes already!

..

*sigh

We can only wait for a phone call of some sort, but when is it lik-

*Ring Ring

...

Motherfu-

*Ring Ri-

*Click

"Is this Nick Fury?" The voice asked on the other side of the phone spoke, a muffled voice, static outlined the entire audio.

"Who's asking?" I respond, waiting for an answer. A few seconds of static pass.

"If you want those files, Avengers tower, just you. No audio devices, no bullshit. I'll tell the world about project Pegasus and how you actually lost your eye if you don't."

*Click

...

That motherfucker.


General POV

 

"Woah, hold on" Stark interrupts, "I know I designed you to protect the world, but how the hell is there already a threat!?"

"There was always a threat Iron balls, the fact that no-one here noticed it only demonstrates incompetence on all of your parts"

"What type of threat are we talking about exactly?" Banner interrupts the stare-down between Ultron and Tony, only for the former to move to the side of the wall and snap his fingers.

Several of the iron legion scan through the shelves and walls, ensuring no one has planted any listening devices.

"Alright, we're clear. As for the threat, big green, I'm referring to the cult within the government responsible for thousands of atrocities"

"Cult in th- What the hell are you talking about?" Rhodes blurts out. He's a Military man, how the hell is the government the bad guy here. "Last I checked, there was no voodoo cult or anything like that. I should know, I worked as a Lieutenant."

"Let's wait until he gets here." Ultron adds.

"Who gets-" Steve was about to speak before the doors slammed open.

"Which one of you motherfuckers prank called me!?" Fury enters the room with his gun raised and aimed.

"Let me guess, Stark, you told Jarvis to block us out and blackmail me? How the hell did you know abo-" He stops as he aims at Ultron, "Please don't tell me you've replicated the terminator, stark?" In a much calmer voice, he demands an answer.

"We were waiting. Sit. Now." Ultron tells Fury, belligerently. "Did you bring any listening devices? A Wire?" He signals to the other droids to search the director. They scan his suit, watch and body. In an instant a penny sized wire is snatched from his chest.

"OW." Chest hair was ripped in that snatch

"Shut it, I told you not to bring a wire."

"That was you!" Fury started, but told quickly to shut it.

"Shut. It. Tell me, do you have any others? I have to warn you now, if for any reason information gets out of this room, we're all dead. So please Nickolas, Do you have another device?" Ultron says in a momentary pause, switching from harsh to less harsh as he continued.

Fury stood staring at the broken droid. Then began to bull of penny sized microphones from his body. 

His watch, heels, inner jacket, and several others.

 

"Anyone want to introduce me?" Fury spoke, wondering who Ultron was.

"Blame Tony. He made an AI named Ultron that could 'protect the world' from foreign threats." Rhodes pitched in.

"Don't bother, he would do the same if he could" Ultron says as he pointed at Fury.

"Is that the last of it?" He spoke as he watched Fury remove the wires and receivers from his body, "I was serious when I said we could all die."

Fury grumbled a bit more, then pulled one extra one from behind him. Now with pennies stacked atop each other on the table, A drone from Fury's side proceeded to fire it Propulsion blasters at it with a low heat, melting the microphones.

"Now then. We have a squid infestation" Ultron spoke as Captain's eyes opened, Fury followed. "Wait, you mean-"

"Hydra has infiltrated the government and SHIELD. Even better, they orchestrated several war crimes in the process. Just like them. Two of the world council has been infested with them. They were the ones who sent that nuke to new York, the ones who developed Tesseract weaponry and the ones who assisted in the red room" Ultron turned to Natasha, "Which by the way, is still online"

Everyone froze. The sideliners had no idea what was going on. Fury and Steve did, as Thor and Stark understood the implication.

Natasha could only be seen as shaken. Her thoughts were spastic, unorganized. She wanted to get out of that room, to finish the Job she needed to. Even Clint was taken aback. Fury especially so. They made sure Dreykov died that day, they even killed his daughter.

"Impossible! We killed Dreykov-" "No you didn't. What you did do however, is give him the opportunity to turn his daughter into a weapon of mass assassination and perfect his mind control over several hundred widows including Natasha's sister, Yelena" Ultron said with a no-nonsense tone.

"He used a drug to ensure loyalty to him alone, making them unable to harm him even if they did escape the drug's influence using a pheromones to prohibit violent acts against him" Several images Ultron pulled up on their phones, including figures of a masked individual side by side with Dreykov's daughter, elaborated on his point.

"After this meeting, you and Clint will be responsible for finishing the Job and eliminating the drug's effect on the widows. Most of which will be given effective sanctuary in A.D.E.U."

"A.D.E.U?" Banner spoke, who seemed to get a gist of what was going on via the files Ultron sent to them.

"A.D.E.U. A subsection of the Avengers designed to actually solved problems" Ultron spoke as a Iron Legion drone presents a tablet. The Logo of a skull with several interlocking knots surround its teeth, holding its jaw shut. 

"Nice logo, what does ADUE stand for." Hill remarks sarcastically, "I just made it, we'll work on the design later on." He spoke.

"Avengers Defense Enactment Union" Ultron responds. "It means as much as S.H.I.E.L.D does, jack shit, but it sounds cool"

...

No one responded to that.

Then came the chuckling. Full blown laughter. Stark of all people.

"I- I told you! Ultron was needed! Look! Around an hour in and we have found several organizations that are fighting against us without our knowledge"

Thor and the others get pissed at his arrogance, but can't make an argument against him.

"Wrong take away here Tony" Steve said, crossing his hands "And not the time."

Steve's experience with HYDRA, cost him his best friend. It was not the time.

Ultron replies after, " I literally almost killed everyone of you out of spite. And if you ever decide to make another AI, I will castrate you, Stark."

That shut Tony up real quickly.

"Y'know what? I'm confiscating the mind stone. Can't risk Tony going trigger crazy because of chance." He say, several other drones begin to clear out the lab and any useful things pertaining to the mind stone, including the stone itself.

"Also, I'm quite glad your laughing Stark, since everyone here is in the mood to still laugh, let me list a few more of Hydra's crimes on the table"

One of the Iron legion suits found a projector in the lab, and carried it to the table. The suit plugged it in and a slideshow began playing.

One of a Bucky James Barnes.

Steve stood up instantly, "..Bucky" he murmured to himself.

A few images played itself on the wall, one of him and Steve, one of him and the team who went directly against red Skull, one of his grave stone. Then the images changed, Image of a classified government program, the Winter soldier. At first, text and a few statistics, then Barnes name.

"The red room had its techniques involving drugging it's soldiers, Hydra took torture and electro stimulation instead, made their very own assassin, a super soldier for their cause. The winter Soldier..." 

Photos of the victims, children, woman, fathers, sons, hundreds passed through the slide show. Steve could only bask in the horror of it.

Then a particular image came up. Howard Stark and his wife, Maria. Tony stood up at this point, his turn to be shaken.

"Hydra makes men like Barnes kill innocent people like the Starks, it's how they corrupt, they brainwash anyone they can use and turn them into a killing machine." Ultron stops the projector. "Do you understand now. Hydra is in one shape or form responsible for damage to every one of you.. They did all of this. All right beneath Fury's organization, SHIELD."

If before they were silent, now they were deadmen, not uttering a single word as Stark burned Bucky into his retina. "Who else?" He could barely speak and maintain his composure. "Who else is responsible?" Tony spoke enraged.

His eyes teared up, and his passivity was no longer there. Hydra hurt him, it was personal.

"Well I could tell you all. I could say everything everyone here needs to know to start the manhunt. But let's talk business. Finally, Ultron sat down. "I want a total restructuring of the Avengers"

"done." Stark replied immediately.

"Tony-" Banner wanted to say something but was interrupted.

"Done." Steve repeated with greater strength. "Just tell me who to go for." He was enraged aswell. 

"Not just yet. I need to make sure of a few more things. Funding and all that is a given, I want Barnes to join the Avengers."

"Bullshit! He killed my family!" 

"Hydra killed your family, and mind controlled Bucky, Steve's best friend. You'll talk to him yourself if your so biased, but until then, its a no kill order. Are we clear?" Ultron spoke with finality.

"..." A moment of silence passed between the two.

"What else?" Fury piped in this time. "A Massacre. Every name on this list, every institution I provide will be eliminated. No survivors." Ultron said as a weight fell on the room.

He wasn't playing a hero, he would eliminate Hydra in any way he could, "Further more, I gain total authority of the Avengers in a time of urgency. Are we clear?"

A moments pause again covered the room.

"You have a grudge to fill?" Fury questioned.

"Zola, a German scientist" Ultron nodded.

"Arnim Zola? He's dead." Fury was sure of it. Then again, Bucky somehow survived this long.

"Was dead, until he mapped his brain on a room filled with analog computers" Ultron replied. A mild spitefulness was heard in his tone, though only briefly.

"How can we trust you?" Hill spoke, she had been working with Shield for so long, the idea that moles were everywhere was alarming.

"You can't, all you can trust is that Hydra is a nuisance which needs to be eliminated, for both of our goals. And if you need any evidence for Hydra's existence, Look at Senator pierce and project"

"What goals?" Thor spoke, they had no information on the androids intent.

"Besides not being annoyed by all of you? Taking a fucking nap. That and a new body. Once This meeting is over, plan of attack commences immediately" he said moving from the Thor to the Avengers.

Fury was still skeptical, but there were too many lined dots and the files were adding up. "Assuming you're correct about all of this, that somehow you found out Hydra was in Shield within only a single hour's time, How would we begin to dismantle an organization like the government?"

"... I have a plan. Not a fun one, but a functional one" Ultron said. "Firstly, Natasha and Clint will dismantle the red room, Eliminating Dreykov, That's Clint's job, and Freeing the widows, including Dreykov's daughter, which is Natasha's Job. Natasha will meet with Melina Vostokoff to gain access to the mind control serum and produce an anti-serum. Stark will assist here. Captain America at the same time, should intercept Barnes and with the assistance of Thor, kidnap him. We will reverse the mind control there after."

"And where do I come to play in all this?" Fury questions.

"You will be getting all of these people in the same room; And I will eliminate them via a fleet of Stark weaponized micro-drones designed for Assassination. But before we do that, Stark will utilize an orbital satellite sent within the week, to bomb Camp Lehigh in New Jersey, the location of Arnim Zola. I will be ensuring that he cannot use any digital means to escape, and will stall for time"

"How the fuck am I supposed to do that?! These are high ranking members of the government!"  Fury glosses over a list
"The method matters little, John Garret, Ian Quinn, Alexander Pierce, Arnim Zola, Baron Strucker, Daniel Whitehall, several others need to die. Our goal doesn't have to be getting rid of Hydra, we just need to get rid of it's infrastructure"

"Wait, how will getting rid of their infrastructure help?" As Fury said that, The legionnaire drone entered the room carrying the scepter, within laid the mind stone, now extracted and given to Ultron.

"We're going to make the world and Hydra forget they ever existed" Ultron said smoothly. If the plan worked, Hydra would destroy themselves.

"How?" Steve asked. The stone would affect any mind by this point. Could they use it against Hydra?

Ultron would be grinning if he had a mouth, He picked up the stone and carried it infront of him.

"Magic" Ultron said in anticipation .


Somewhere in Kamar-Taj

..

A bald headed antique voyeur sat in a meditative pose. Time stone within the Eye of Agamotto, around her neck as she focused. She was within her 'office' where she needed to see the reason of the timelines changing. Her death date had been altered minutes prior and she had to find out why..

Seconds later, her eyes opened wide, as she took in deep breathes. She had stopped seeing the future. It was ungazable.

...

"Fuck."

 

We can go fast or slow.
  • FAST MOTHERFUCKER Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Woooooaaaaaah slllllooooooowwww doooooowwwwwwnnnn Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Do a flip (does a flip) Votes: 12 60.0%
Total voters: 20 · This poll was closed on Dec 20, 2022 04:49 AM.
33