Chapter 9: Open Wounds [RE UPLOAD]
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Well, this is a bit annoying.'

Sakura Haruno thought whilst trying to run away from the Ninken Kakashi had summoned.

'No, scratch that. This is very annoying.' Sakura thought taking in deep breaths whilst trying to run away from the pack of Ninkens.

'That damn Kakashi-sensei had to do this?' Sakura thought in frustration.

When the Kakashi clone had taken Sakura aside, which was three days ago now, he told her to unseal the scroll that she was holding.

Out of the scroll had come out 2 items. 

A small piece of paper with a very complex seal on it and another scroll.

Apparently, that small paper with that very complex seal on it was a Gravity Seal.

It was supposed to make her stronger or something. 

The other scroll was a Taijutsu Style called "Muay Thai" or something.

Apparently this Taijutsu style was both offensive and defensive. It was a lot like boxing in Sakura's opinion. 

Nevertheless, she took it as it's techniques sounded quite cool.

Muay Thai was also known as the "Art of the Eight Limbs." 

It used both of your arms and legs. It also used you knees and elbows for striking. 

Pretty much, if a body part could be used to cause harm, that body part would be used. 

Well, that was Sakura's explanation for the style anyway.

Kakashi also mentioned about some Chakra control exercise called 'Tree Walking' and 'Water Walking.'

Too bad Sakura had already mastered this Chakra Control exercise along with Sasuke and Naruto.

It was also worth mentioning that Kakashi was very shocked at this predicament.

So he slipped onto his other training. 

It was a physical exercise that aimed to increase her physical energy for a larger Chakra pool.

He had also made her do some meditation for better spiritual energy, which in-turn, also increased her Chakra pool.

Currently she was doing just that. Training her physical energy by running as fast as she could from Kakashi's Ninkens.

Kakashi also made her do some other physical exercises in order to strengthen her body. 

"Okay, that's enough." Kakashi said suddenly.

At this, all of his Ninkens stopped chasing Sakura and said girl dropped dead on the ground.

"Let's have some lunch. Go meet up with the others." Kakashi said as he dispersed.

With a deep sigh, Sakura got off the ground and dusted herself.

'Who does he think he is?' Sakura thought with a snort.

'I don't need this training! If I'm ever in danger, Sasuke-kun will protect me!' Sakura thought.

============

"Okay, everybody's here. Sit down." Kakashi said to his students with a eye smile.

Without a word, Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura sat down and took out their lunch.

For a couple of minutes the 4 man team were silently eating.

"Sensei, I have a question." Sasuke said suddenly.

"Hmm? What is it, Sasuke?" Kakashi replied.

Everybody looked at Sasuke.

"Why does Naruto have the Yondaime's personal Taijutsu style? I know he and the Sandaime are very close but... it still doesn't make sense. This is a very prized technique. I don't think they would give it away to some random kid." 

Naruto turned pale at that and looked at Kakashi for an answer.

Kakashi just shrugged his shoulders.

"It's not my place to reveal such information. It depends on Naruto. So.... what's your choice?" Kakashi said as he looked at Naruto.

At this, the rest of the squad looked at Naruto, expecting an answer.

"You guys are a team now. You should trust eachother in these matters. Or else, how are you going to trust eachother on the battlefield with your lives?" Kakashi said. 

This was the straw that broke camels back.

"I-It's my birthright." 

"Huh?" Sasuke let out.

"It's my birthright. I'm the Yondaime's son. So naturally, everything that belonged to him belongs to me." Naruto finished looking away.

Sasuke and Sakura were both gaping at the mouth like a fish.

Naruto was feeling nervous but at the same time, relieved. It was as if, a large weight had been lifted up from his chest.

Sasuke was the first one to snap back into reality. 

".... If that's the case.... why do the people in village look at you with such hateful eyes? You're practically royalty!" Sasuke exclaimed.

".....That's the other thing...." Naruto trailed off looking at Kakashi.

Kakashi in-turn just shrugged his shoulders.

"What's 'The other thing,' Naruto? Tell us!" Sakura chimed in.

"..." Naruto remained silent.

'If I tell them.... won't they start hating me? Like the rest of them?' Naruto thought.

A few tears started to wet the ground below them.

The tears were coming out of Naruto. 

"*sniff* P-please tell me you won't treat me any different. PLEASE!" Naruto shouted in desperation. 

The tears were flowing down freely from his eyes now. Not just a few droplets anymore.

"H-huh?" Sakura let out in confusion.

'This isn't like him.' Sasuke thought narrowing his eyes.

"W-what do you mean, N-Naruto? Of course we won't!" Sakura said trying to console Naruto.

"I-I..... Ah.." Naruto let out sniffling.

"It's okay, Naruto." Sakura said holding his hand trying to console him.

"You can tell us. We're friends, right?" Sakura said as she looked at Sasuke.

At this, Sasuke let out a 'Hmph' and looked away.

"We're friends, right?" Sakura said growling at Sasuke.

"...Yeah... we're friends." Sasuke said.

"I-I.. have a DEMON IN ME!" Naruto shouted.

"H-Huh?" Sakura let out.

'A demon? He means like.... a real demon?' Sasuke thought in confusion. 

"W-what do you mean?" Sakura asked. 

Naruto wiped his tears away and took a deep breath. 

"13 years ago... when the Kyuubi attacked, my father and mother died fighting it. Most of you are told that the Yondaime killed the Kyuubi. The truth is.... it was sealed in a new-born baby. That was me. I.... am a Jinchuriki. A Human-sacrifice ." Naruto finished. 

Done. It was out. It was out to the people who treated him like a human. But what now? How were they going to react now? 

What if his so-called-friends started to treat him diffrently? What if they pushed him away? What if they abandoned him? Just like everyone else. 

No. He can't take it anymore. If they leave him, he would be finished. 

He spent the last 7 years training, studying with them. 

Sakura was a kind girl. Yeah, she had quite the temper but she treated him better than most others. Everyone had their flaws. Sakura had hers but she also had many good things about her. Most of the other girls made fun of him but never Sakura. She was always like an older-sister. She and Hinata. But the latter one never had the voice to cheer him on. 

Then there was Sasuke. In the earlier days, Sasuke was a lot more cheerful, happy. Always smiling and kind. All that changed after the masacre of the Uchihas. Now he was cold, mean and cruel to others. What happened to the boy who was eager to get along with others?

But Naruto had always felt a kindred spirit towards Sasuke. He and Naruto were very similar but different at the same time. 

"So what?" Sakura said suddenly. 

"Huh?" Naruto let out confused. 

"So what if you have a demon sealed inside of you? You're not evil like the Kyuubi. You... well you' re you. There's no way you're that blood thirsty Kitsune." Sakura said crossing her arms.

"Nevertheless, those damn villagers should be greatful that you're saving their ass from that Being of Destruction." Sasuke said. 

Suddenly, all that stress and worry of being thrown away left Naruto.

Just like that. It was all gone. 

Suddenly Naruto embraced both Sasuke and Sakura. 

"W-what the hell dobe! What're ya doing? Let go!" Sasuke shouted. 

At this, Naruto tightened his hold. 

From now on, he was going to cherish these two. He would never let anything happen to them. He would do anything, even give up his own life for these two. Why? Because they accepted him. They didn't push him away, insted they embraced him with kindness. 

"I'm soryy.." Naruto said letting them go. 

"Wah, wah, its okay." Sakura said waving her hands. 

"Hmph " Sasuke let out.

"Now, didn't that feel good?" Kakashi said. 

"Yeah... it did." Naruto said.

"Well, lets finish eating!" Kakashi said.

Everyone continued eating their lunch in silence. This went on for a couple of minutes. 

"Sasuke-kun, can I ask you something?" Sakura said suddenly. 

"Hm.... sure." 

"Who is this man that you want to kill? Y'know, like you said on our first team assembly?" Sakura asked. 

Sasuke tensed up as he heard that and started to grit his teeth.

'Oh no.' Kakashi thought worried. 

"I..... don't want to talk about it." Sasuke said bitterly. 

"Sasuke, letting out all those pent up feelings might actually help y'know? I know it sounds cliche but, it really does work." Kakashi said. 

"Fine...... The man I want to kill is my brother..... Itachi Uchiha!" Sasuke let out. 

'The one who killed Sasuke-kun's clan is his own brother?' Sakura thought. 

"Hey... uh sorry but who's this Itachi guy?" Naruto asked. 

"Naruto!!" Sakura scolded. 

"He's the one Who killed my entire clan. It's because of him that nobody other than him bears the Sharinga..... Wait. Kakashi, how do you have the Sharingan!?" Sasuke said pointing towards Kakashi. 

"Wah?" Kakashi let out.

This caught him off-guard. 

"Are you somehow related to an Uchiha? Tell me!" Sasuke said. 

That didn't sound like a question. It sounded more like an order. Kakashi didn't blame Sasuke though. Because he was thinking that Kakashi could be distant relative. 

Sasuke's voice had a lot of anger. But it also had hope. The hope of finding someone like him. 

"Well its a long story. Not sure you wanna listen." Kakashi said touching his left-eye. 

"I don't care." Sasuke said with a glare. 

"Let's see now...... it was during the 3rd Great Shinobi War. I was assigned to Team Minato, Naruto's father, along with Rin Nohara and Obito Uchiha. Rin was a sweet girl like Sakura. Except all that anger and obsesiveness."

"What do you mean by 'anger', huh?" Sakura said menasingly. 

"Wah wah, I was just kidding. Anyways, then there was Obito, a happy-go-lucky, smiling, eager to help others and to prove himself like Naruto. He also had the same dream. To become Hokage but he lacked the skill to do so. Lastly, me. I was a brooding teeneger. Way too serious. Much like you, Sasuke. I, at the time, was quickly getting promoted. Soon, I became Jonin at the age of 13. I was chosen to lead my team during the war. We were to destroy a bridge that helped the enemy Shinobi's supply themselves with food."

"You became a Jonin at 13? Wow..... what the hell am I doin'?" Naruto shouted. 

Kakashi chuckled at that. 

"Anyway, Obito, as usual, didn't want to acknowledge me as his superior. I didn't care and we went on with the mission. We departed for Kusagakure where the bridge was located. During the war, this bridge was a vital pathway to Iwagakure's line of supply. During the mission, one of my teamates Rin, was captured. Caring for his teamate, Obito sugge- no, demanded that we go rescue her. I, being an over-serious dumbass put the mission above my teamate."

"What!? Why would you do that!?" Sakura exclaimed. 

"Some events that occured in the past had led me to that path, Sakura." 

"What events? Nothing can be an excuse for such an action!" Sakura said. 

Naruto and Sasuke nodded in agreement. 

"Haaaah... Fine, I'll tell you. I was the son of Sakumo Hatake, the White Fang. He was a powerful shinobi, renowned throughout the world. Some said that he was even stronger than all the Sannin. While I was still in the academy, Father and his team were sent on a mission of great importance to Konoha. When his team-mates' lives were endangered, he chose to abandon the mission in order to save them. The impact of the mission's failure caused him to be vilified by the Land of Fire the villagers of Konoha, and even those he had saved. Dishonoured, father fell into a deep depression, which caused his abilities to suffer as a result. Eventually, he committed seppuku." Kakashi said with sad eyes. 

"I idolized him. I wanted to be like him. But when he killed himself, I changed. I hated my father for valuing his comrades more than the mission. His suicide drove me to live strictly according to the Shinobi Rules."

No one uttured a single word. 

"That's why I acted like that when Obito suggested we Rin. When I said no, he told me 'Those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their comrades are worse than scum.' Paying no heed, I went away to finish the mission. But those words kept playing in my mind. Eventually, I couldn't take it and started to search for Obito. I found fighting a bunch of Iwa shinobi's. I jumped in to save him. During the battle he awakened his Sharingan. But my left eye was heavily damaged and hence blind in that eye. Soon, we found Rin bound in a cave with another Iwa shinobi interogating her with genjutsu. We quickly killed the shinobi, or so we thought. After rescuing Rin, whilst we were getting away, the shinobi that we hda just fought used a Jutsu to make the cave fall on top of us. Since I was blind in one eye, I couldn't see a rock aiming for my head. Obito had pushed me away in time but in-turn, got crushed under the rocks. In his dying breath he gave me one of his Sharingan as a gift." Kakashi finished. 

"I'm sorry......for asking." Sasuke said feeling guilty. 

"Ah....no no, don't be sorry. It's good to sometimes talk about it. Now quick, finish your lunch." 

[1 week later]

Sounds of metal clashing, fists wooshing could be heard. 

Naruto and Sasuke were currently engaged in a sparring match. Naruto was masterfully slashing with his katana, Minazuki.

Sasuke on the other hand was purely relying on his Taijutsu prowess. Sasuke had his Sharingan de-activated. Even with it off, he was still holding.

Sasuke dashed towards Naruto performing multiple punches and kicks. Roundhouse kick to the head, Naruto dodged by ducking. Sasuke did a sweep kick but Naruto jumped slightly to avoid. This left Sasuke open for attacking but Sasuke knew that. 

Seeing this, Naruto performed a quick kick to Sasuke's face. Seeing this coming, Sasuke grabbed the shin area of Naruto's leg and yanked him far. 

Naruto performed a flip to balance himself. He summoned a Kage Bunshin. The original put out his hand and the clone started to create something on Naruto's hand. 

"Incomplete Rasengan!" Naruto shouted as he dashed towards Sasuke with blinding speeds as he had enhanced himself with Chakra. 

In turn, Sasuke started doing some hand seals. 

"Katon: Azure Dragons!" Sasuke shouted as his fists were covered with blue flames. 

It was his first custom made jutsu. 

The hand seal went: Dog → Horse → Monkey → Ram

Sasuke himself was surprised. He didn't know his Katon was so strong. When he was testing this jutsu, he was thinking of a warm cup of tea and for some reason, the Fire was stronger because of it. He had two theories on why this had happened. 

Maybe emotion played a factor in the potency of the jutsu. Since Sasuke loved a hot cup of tea and it made him happy, the jutsu was stronger because of it. 

Maybe if you think of something related to the jutsu, the jutsu would get stronger....? Well, the tea was hot and fire is.... also hot.

Sasuke wasn't sure. He didn't have a full-proof theory. He'll need to test more. 

Back to the fight. 

Sasuke also dashed towards Naruto, intending to cancel out that 'ball of chakra or something.'

When they clashed, insted of canceling eachother out, the impact of both the jutsus caused a large explosion. 

The two were sent flying back due to the explosion. 

"Okay, that's enough you two. We have an assignment!" Kakashi said ending the fight. 

==============

AN: LAND OF WAVES STARTS NEXT CHAPTER!

1