Chapter 31 – Catgirl falls for a bad catgirl
1k 3 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Roses are red, violets are blue

Hey, have you forgotten

About what you're supposed to do?

“Felicia, Felicia,” Cleo is calling you. “Hey!” 

“What? What happened nya!?”

Feeling a hit on your head, you exclaim, finally return to reality.

Oh no… you just realize, that was what happened when one looked into the eyes of a DeathWhizkersz! It’s just like how Lizz’s grandmother was stunned when she saw the past Felicia. You were stunned when you saw this new catgirl too! 

Yes, literally stunned. Just by looking at her, you are charmed. Of course, as a catgirl enthusiast, there was no way that you could escape that charm. Catgirls sure are your biggest weak point, aren't they?

Lucky for you, Cleo was there to help you snap out of it. 

“Are you okay?” she then asks. “Did she do something to you?”

“I'm… I’m fine nya,” you reply, still trying to get yourself together. “I just didn’t expect to see a DeathWhizkersz nya…”

“Right.” Cleo agrees. 

After all, in many many stories that Lizz told you, DeathWhizkersz were always portrayed as the hero. Never once did they become a villain.

But… this girl…

She is the suspect of that Corruptor attack. If that was true, then she hurt you, and hurt Lizz. Such crime is unforgivable. Back then, you even swore that you would murder anyone who dare to hurt your best girl.

But now… knowing that this beautiful catgirl is possibly the culprit, and having lost your souls just by staring into her charming odd-eyes…

…  

There… has to be a misunderstanding… right?

Right?

No way a catgirl this beautiful is a criminal!

Just no way!

And just like that, without any reason, you convince yourself to believe in what you want to believe.

Ahhh… what a hypocrite you are.

Are you giving her a privilege? Just because of her looks?

Well, you probably don’t really want to admit this truth, but yes.

Yes you are.

After all, you are the biggest catgirl simp. You are guilty.

If Lizz knows, she won’t be approving this.

“Felicia, you are spacing out again.” Cleo suddenly interrupts your train of thoughts. She is now using your first name because there are two DeathWhizkersz.

“Ah… sorry nya…” you apologize and sigh. “So, do you know anything about her, nya?”

But Cleo shakes her head. “I tried to question her many times but she didn’t answer. So I thought maybe you can help. I was hoping that you at least know something, but judging from your reaction just now, that doesn’t seem to be the case.”

Yeah, Cleo is right. You don’t know about this girl either. However, “I see… But, let me try nya," you say and ask for permission to talk to the girl. She didn’t answer Cleo’s questions. But maybe, she will answer yours? Because you two are both DeathWhizkersz?

“Go ahead.” Cleo replies. 

So you step forward.

“Hello, what is your name nya?”

You ask politely and wait.

But… there is no response.

“Where do you from nya?”

"How old are you nya?"

“Why are you following me nya?”

“Did you attack us nya?”

You keep asking questions after questions. But in the end, you receive no answer. The girl just stands there quietly like a doll, staring at you. Her face is as cold as ice.

But then…

“What do you want, nya?” you ask another question.

However, this time, the girl suddenly holds out her hand.

Without her saying anything, you instinctively hold out your hand too. The pendant on your neck starts to shine. You suddenly have a strong urge to come to her side. You want to touch her hand. You have a feeling that something will happen if you two touch each other…

So you move forward a little bit more. Just a few more inches… but…

“Hey, what are you doing?” 

Cleo raises her great sword to block you and interfere.

So you explain, “I… I feel like she’s wanting me to get closer nya. Maybe, if I…” 

But Cleo instantly disapproves. She doesn’t allow you to take such action.

“Like I said, that girl is too dangerous!”

Cleo repeats her warning, and to prove her point, she then rolls up her shirt, showing you what’s underneath.

There are bandages warped around her stomach… and blood.

A LOT of blood.

“Cleo…” you are in shock. “You… you are injured nya?”

No wonder you can pass her training test today. You were able to see her movements and thought that it was due to the newly enhanced sub-zero domain effects, but no, it was actually because of her injuries! 

“Don’t worry, I’m fine.” Cleo replies. “But as you can see, even me is not strong enough to be her opponent. We needed two other S rank to capture this monster.”

“What? Two more S rank nyaa?” you exclaim.

If it isn’t because of Cleo showing you her injuries, you would have laughed and think that she was joking.

You thought that Cleo is already impossible to beat, the peak of the peaks, that no one should be as strong as her.

But now…

You turn and look at the other girl again.

Three people as strong as Cleo to capture her, yet her body doesn’t even have a scratch. Yes, it’s all healed up. You can already tell, she has a ridiculous regeneration ability. Then her real power level… you can’t even imagine what it’s like.

So you take a step back, as you don’t want to put you or Cleo in any more danger if something bad happens. 


Shortly after, another knight then enters the basement. He is human, blonde hair, quite young, looking to be around 25 years old.

“Cleo, The Grand Master is looking for you,” he says. Then, as he notices you, “Oh, and you are…”

“Felicia, nya.” you reply and bow politely. 

The young male knight bows back. 

Cleo then introduces him very briefly. His name is Carmian. Despite being so young, he has already reached S rank, the same rank as Cleo.

Thus, with Cleo being summoned by the Grand Master, you have no more reason to stay. You excuse yourself and follow Cleo upstairs to leave. She will be going to the Knights of Merton’s headquarters next, while you will be going home. Cleo says that she may not be home for dinner today, so there will be just you and Lizz.

As you step out side, the stars are already up while the sun is setting. Today has been a fruitful day. You cannot wait to tell Lizz about how you passed her mother’s training test.

But then, as soon as you walk pass of the prison gate…

For a very short few seconds, your pendant glows bright. Cold wind breezes, a creepy and dreadful feeling suddenly hit your body like you’re being haunted. You shiver, your ears and tails stand up stiff.

What is that!?

It feels like someone or something really bad is right there, behind you. 

Something really sinister...

However, when you turn around and look, you see nothing. The pendant also stops glowing, and the creepy feeling quickly goes away.

Cleo asks you what’s wrong. You tell her what happened and ask if she felt anything weird. But, she says no.

Ah, so it’s probably just a false alarm, a hallucination maybe. You heave a sigh of relief.

Cleo’s senses are much sharper than you. If something is wrong, then Cleo should be the first one to notice. That's right, there is nothing to worry about!

So you just brush it off, and go home.


Inside the prison, not long after you two left...

A shadow enters the prison basement, making no sound. Having no physical form, its presence is invisible to mortal eyes.

Swiftly, it gets past the guards. Carmian, the S rank knight who is keeping an eye on the DeathWhizkersz girl, also shows no sign of noticing it.

The girl makes an unpleasant face as soon as she sees it.

It then approaches the girl and whispers something.

“Kill her…”

And to that, the girl replies.

“Yes.”


26