Chapter 37 – Catgirl fights a bad catgirl
594 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The heterochromia catgirl approaches you, slowly, her face is cold and her eyes showing no emotion.

“Nightingale,” you greet her by smiling and saying her name. “Are you here to kill me nya?

“Huh?” Nightingale’s eyes wide open in surprise. She stops for a second, but then quickly regains composure. Both of her eyes glow. “DeathWhizkersz magic, weapon creation,” she says the chanting for her spell. "Scythe."

Temperature drops. A red freezing mist materializes, swirling around her body, then concentrates onto a single spot in her hand. Then, from that spot, a huge scythe appears, with its blade made of ice, but red, ruby like, unlike the clear ice that you create with the usual DeathWhizkersz magic. 

You are quite mesmerized upon seeing that. An edgy catgirl with demonic eyes and big scythe? Heck yeah! It’s like she is holding the crimson crescent moon in her hands. Very pretty and epic, but extremely dangerous. You can sense the sinister aura that the weapon is emitting. All of your cat senses of danger are ringing. You can feel it in your bones. That weapon, it’s thirsty for your blood! You have a feeling that even with just a little scratch from that scythe is enough to be lethal. 

Therefore, you will have to avoid getting hit at all costs. Meanwhile, you also finished your weapon creation spell. With two copies of your favorite weapon, the Refrigerator Katanas, you are ready. 

Sub-zero domain activates. Other boosting spells are casted too.

But suddenly, time feels much much much slower.

You… can’t move?

All you can see is Nightingale approaching.

Why… you ask yourself.

Why isn’t your domain working? 

Oh no… you immediately realize what happened.

It’s simple, Nightingale can use sub-zero domain too! Her domain is much stronger than yours. Both of you are slowed, but you are slowed more. So, the only one who can move now is her, not you!

Nightingale then raises her scythe over her head, ready to strike.

Meanwhile, you are still unable to move even a finger, totally helpless.

Is this it?

Is this all you can do? 

No.

From what you’ve learned during the training with Cleo, there is a way. 

And that is…

“Sub-zero domain, enhanced nya!!!”

Concentrating all the mana to enhance and modify the spell, you sacrifice uptime for strength! Sub-zero domain is now three times stronger!   

The scythe strikes down, but misses. 

You have escaped in time!  

But that means, it can now only last 10 more seconds. You only have 10 seconds to defeat her! If your sub-zero domain duration runs out and you haven’t defeated her, then it will be over for you.

So now, you need a plan. And out of nowhere, a voice suddenly enters your head.

“Felicia, can you hear me?”

That voice! It’s her!

Nightingale! 

But Nightingale’s mouth didn’t move just now, so it must be some kind of telepath! 

“Yes, I hear you nya!!!” 

You shout back, surprised to see that you don’t have to move your mouth too, and you can exchange information with her instantly in just fragments of a second. It’s like you are a computer that is connected directly to Nightingale.

“I'm is going to use Ice Step! Be careful!” 

You hear the warning, so you immediately cast Ice Step to back away! Instantly when you arrive at your new location, you see your afterimage getting sliced by the deadly blade.

“Th-thank you nya!” you say to good Nightingale. Without that warning, you would have been split into two by now. 

Bad Nightingale seems to be quite surprised by what happened. She stops for a bit, stares at you with her cold eyes. And well, let's just call her like that for now, since there are 2 Nightingales. The one talking to you is the good one, and the one fighting you is the bad one.

“What are you doing, nya?” you then ask good Nightingale, since it has been two seconds without any attack. 

“I'm waiting for your sub-zero domain to run out,” good Nightingale replies.  

Ah, of course…

If good Nightingale keeps warning you about the upcoming attacks, then bad Nightingale won’t be able to hit you. So there is no reason for her to attack you anymore.

After all, only 7 seconds until your sub-zero domain’s duration is over. Therefore, she only needs to wait 7 more seconds.

You are screwed.

“I’m sorry, there’s nothing I can do now…” good Nightingale says.

But “No, not yet nya,” you reply, with a smile on your face.

If she is waiting like this, then it means she is just assuming that you have no way to attack her, or to get out of this situation. To her, you are already like a fish on a chopping board! Yes, she is looking down on you, and doesn't even consider you as the smallest threat.     

This is perfect.

When an opponent underestimates you like this, it will be the perfect time to strike. You have one chance, so better use up all your trump cards here.

Your muscles tenses up, your pupils dilate, blood is boiling inside your veins. 

This is the effect of Lucarias’ unique bloodline skill, a gift from your girl Lilia.

Blood break - Unyielding will.

This allows your body to go past any physical limitation.


19