6. Reunion
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even after hearing from the announcer, people couldn't help but show their doubtful eyes. I was shocked. Never in my life did I think that I would be a Lightning user one day. Even a few moments ago I was thinking of the worst possible outcome and was shivering from fear. Really, life is full of surprises.

I walked down from the podium and sat in my seat. Mom was so ecstatic that she started kissing my forehead and cheeks as if her only son returned from war. Other parents sitting beside us came to say congratulatory words while their children looked at me with a look of jealousy. But I didn't mind them as my brain was busy fantasizing about my lightning element.

The ceremony continued. More fire, metal, wood, water, and even a total of 17 Light, 2 more darkness element users came to the spotlight. After all day, the list of participants became shorter and shorter, and finally, serial number 413, the last participant of today's event was called.

A petite-looking young girl stepped on the stage and started trying to absorb the essence from the crystals. But she failed continually. After trying every crystal, when she finally came in front of the purple crystal, everyone thought we had another Lightning user. But her failure to absorb essence made me feel sad for her. 

'What's that? No elemental affinity? Such an unlucky soul?'

But the girl didn't look sad but went to that short weird-looking reed flute and tried to blow air from her mouth.

Just when air flowed inside the flute, everyone heard a loud beep which made us more confused.

Richard stood up from his seat and started talking,

"This flute is made from the vocal chord of a sea race called Sirens. They are exceptional sound elemental creatures, strong enough to trap sailors in sensory illusion just by singing. So, this flute is very sensitive to sound elements and only people with Sound elemental affinity can get some reaction from it. You don't have to worry about absorbing elemental energy as the path of sound Elementalist is different from other elements." Then he nodded to the announcer.

After a little introduction from Richard, the announcer did his job.

"Natalia Arrington, Sound element user."

"Another rare case! This awakening ceremony is a unique one. And she shared the same name as Richard! Is Arrington a family of singers?" someone exclaimed.

" Who knows."

"And looks like she was arranged at last by organizers to get today's spotlight."

Public chatter intensified after this. Today, many children awakened an affinity for light and darkness which was a rare occurrence compared to the past ceremonies. Not to mention lightning and sound elementalists. This awakening ceremony would be the talk of the city for at least a few weeks.

On the other hand, Richard continued,

"Now I would like to announce the end of the Redien city Awakening ceremony of continental calendar 3527 AD. Now that you youngsters present here have awakened your elements, you guys should start practicing the Origin arts you have. And try to form a stable Red Origin core before October. It takes roughly 6 months to form a core on average. And you have 9 months before the deadline. Only after forming the core would your element gain a special property corresponding to your very being. And all the academies of the council select students based on that. That'll be enough for today. We will meet again if any of you join the Elemental association in the future."

After the ceremony, we returned home riding a mechanika.

Two moons were showering the earth with their reddish and silvery light, which created a very familiar yet mystical scenario.

Under the moonlight, we returned to Marlow town. I was walking absent-mindedly in the alleyways to my home. But in my head, I was preparing a to-do list for tomorrow. This single event has changed my life routine thoroughly. While I was absentmindedly walking, I didn't even notice my mother who was walking just behind me.

Reaching the house, I opened the locked door and found a silent dark interior.

Just when I stepped in, the Luminous crystals illuminated and 10 figures shouted jointly,

"Congrats on your awakening, Aryan!" This sudden change of atmosphere shocked me enough to shout 'Ahhh' and fall on my butt. This was followed by a burst of crazy laughter.

I could hear Carl's voice, "Wow, I didn't know that our ‘Mama's boi’ is also chicken-livered. Even a little surprise can scare you to death."

 First being shocked, then being mocked. This hit my nerves. I was about to thrash Carl verbally but spotted my smiling father among them and became mute.

Receiving my gaze, my father opened his arms, "Welcome home, son."

I stood up and hugged him. "Same to you dad. Welcome home. I missed you."

"I missed you guys too. It has been a year, huh? Don't be shocked. Even if I am extremely busy, I can't miss such an important day for my son, can I?"

I didn't reply. But I was ecstatic and glad to see him healthy and hearty. After our father-son reunion, I looked at my surroundings. My childhood friend Carl, his parents, and other neighbors came to congratulate me. I gave them polite thanks for their congratulations.

Carl was one year older than me. He was an air user studying at Savant Academy. With his amiable and honest nature, he became friends with many people, including me. We have been partners in crime from the very week we moved into Marlow town.

He asked, "Dude, which element did you awaken? Fire, water, or others?" Everyone else also gave me a curious look. I had a mischievous smile and replied "Lightning ." Hearing this, everyone also wore a smug face.'Go on, we are not gonna fall for your lie.'

Helplessly I looked at mom and others followed my gaze. Mom just gave everyone a simple nod that widened their eyes and looked at me again.

Carl stared at me in disbelief and a little jealous. But soon returned to his usual self. Then everyone started congratulating my parents again as if we hit the jackpot.

So, this is the "rarity value" Richard was talking about. News of my awakening rare element only brightened the atmosphere and the organized feast proceeded as planned.

Only after sending everyone, did the house become quiet. I headed to my room but was stopped by my father.

"Hey, I brought a gift for you" He gave me a medium-sized box.

"Wow. What's in it?"

"Check it yourself."

"Oh, ok. I will check it tomorrow. I need a nice sleep now. A lot of things happened today." Even though I was curious, I decided to look at it tomorrow. Whatever father is gifting me, it must be something good and related to my awakening.

"Okay, sleep well"

"Good night, dad."

"Good night."

We bade each other good night. After laying on my bed, I pondered about today's events. Suddenly the strange dream and gentle voice that inspired me to become stronger and ever-victorious came to mind. But, my eyelids became heavy, and slowly I headed toward the land of dreams.

1