Chapter 7 Smart Baby
681 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No snow can be seen now. The plants start growing slowly too. Some females went out to breathe some fresh air. Some males are working or serving their mates and the others are hunting. The fox cubs are loitering around.

Meanwhile, in the tree house, "Eight, Nine, and Ten!" Huli Jing claps her hands, proud.

"Good Job, Hu'er!" Elder also clapped his hands and gave her a fruit.

"What's after Ten?" Huli Jing is still on for more lessons but the Elder shook his head.

He smiled at her and said, "Tomorrow, I will teach you more. I still need to teach other little females."

Shocked, Huli Jing hurriedly went in front of Elder. "Elder is teaching other little females? How many?" Huli Jing has never seen any females in this place. She only interacts with her Daddies, the little foxes, and the elder.

"Yes, there are four of them." The Elder then shows Huli Jing his four fingers.

She nodded, "Little or Bigger than Hu'er?"

Thinking that he can go there a little bit later, the elder sat down, "Bigger. You can say Younger or Older instead."

Huli Jing repeated it until she got it right before asking again, "How older?"

"It's 'How old?'. Little Hu'er is one whole season old and will be going two whole seasons old. The older sisters are all Eight to Ten whole seasons old."

Before she could even ask what a whole season old is, a man called the elder. "Elder, the little females are all in the class already!"

"Okay!" The elder stood up and looked at Huli Jing. He could only say, "See you tomorrow Hu'er." Even though he still wants to teach her, he couldn't.

Huli Jing nodded and wanted to see him off. However, her father carried her before she could even stand up. Until now, they didn't let Huli Jing stand up and walk. Crawling is fine though.

When the elder is gone, "Daddy." Huli Jing put both of her hands on his face.

"Yes?" He gently puts his hand to her hand as his head tilts a little.

"Where are we going?" Huli Jing put her hands down.

He chuckled, "Upstairs." As he continues going up.

She hesitantly asks, "Can we go out?" Huli Jing looks at him hopefully.

"No." The man is still smiling. He thought that Huli Jing wanted to go out because she now knew there were other sisters.

Huli Jing feels that she might be able to convince him, "Pretty please…" she blinks and acts cute.

But the man chuckled and shook his head as he put her down, "Not now. You will be able to go out soon though. Be patient." He taps at her nose.

Huli Jing pouts. This is her fifth time asking to go out. But she only did it once every person and not every day.

She tried to beg him but it didn't work. She can only sigh in disappointment. "Will I see the other sisters?" Huli Jing didn't want to see the other sister that much. She just wants to see what the place looks like.

He nodded, "Yes. You will go to their class too."

"Can't it be tomorrow?" Again Huli Jing looks at him, hopefully.

"No, Elder needs to teach you a lot of things before Hu'er can join the class. The class is studying different things now, you won't be able to understand. But don't worry, Hu'er can go out much earlier than that," he patiently explained to her.

"But–but maybe I can?" pushing her luck. Huli Jing tugged his arm.

"This—"

Suddenly, they heard someone coming up, making the man sighed in relief. "Hu'er? I got some fruit!" The man rushed towards them and gave the fruit to Huli Jing.

"Thank you." She took the fruit from him and looked at the Daddy who she was with earlier, "Bye-bye."

"Bye-bye, Hu'er." The man went away. The Daddy who just came sat down with her.

"How's the lesson going?" he inquired.

"I know colors and how to count now!" Huli Jing proudly reported.

"Really? Such a smart baby!" Her Daddy hugs her.

"Yes! Daddy, I'm a smart baby, right?" Huli Jing's eyes flashed. She saw another opportunity.

"That's right!" He chuckles and continues, "Very obedient too, will not make trouble for Daddies." Yes, the man saw how mischievous Huli Jing looks. In addition, he heard them talk earlier, that's why he interrupted them.

Huli Jing was stunned and couldn't say what she wanted to say. Her Daddy changed the topic and reviewed all lessons she learned for the day. Huli Jing yet again failed to go out.

It has always been like this. All Huli Jing's Daddies will take turns. When she wakes up someone will come and give her a fruit, wipe her body and wait for the elder to come. Then another Daddy will come to accompany her while learning. When it's done, he will bring Huli Jing up and wait for the next Daddy. Next, Daddy will review her lessons and answer some questions. The fourth Daddy will make sure she's full then take her to a nap. Most of the time she will wake up with another Daddy, they will eat, and so on and on. But if it does not lesson time, review, and nap time, other Daddies will come and visit her.

Fifty days have already passed since the day Huli Jing lived in this place. She feels lucky that learning is one of the best things she can do. After all, from the time Huli Jing can sit, she was already taught how to tap some drums.

From curing her sickness, not knowing how to converse, acting like a child, and the conflict of suddenly living in a strange place and never coming back from what she is now. It was a struggle, but she will never dwell on it too much.

Huli Jing still has no idea what happened or what she has become. Afraid someone will be suspicious of her if she ever asks, this lets her patiently wait and gather information. Huli Jing's mentality of thinking positively and keeping her life, kept her going. Of course, it's a plus that Huli Jing uses all the handsome men here to become her motivation to live. It's been her obsession.

17