Chapter 11 Where’s my Mommy?
649 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Daddies went up and took Hu'er from the arms of Jiu Lin while glaring at him. All of the Daddies of Hu'er coincidentally have the same thoughts 'Need to be cautious. Take Hu'er away from beastmen, including Jiu Lin.'

With how rare the female is, mating with siblings is normal. Jiu Lin hasn't given any of the female babies a gift, and when the Daddies remembered that, it made them raise their wall. No one shall pass. However, the Daddies indeed kept their guard up with any movements from beastmen and even Jiu Lin but they forgot if someone can go in, someone too can go out. Hu'er eyes are still on Jiu Lin, thinking about how hard his chest was and how it became like that.

Hu'er snaps out of her thoughts when the sunlight suddenly flashes her eyes. Blocking the sunlight with her chubby hands, she squinted her eyes to see. Her Daddies block the sunlight to help her out.

Greens, that's what she sees. The trees, grass, and bushes are green. It looks so healthy. Some flowers are blooming. There are some berries too. The air is fresh. Everything is so calming.

Looking around, there are beastmen who look shocked staring in their direction. They are a lot, yet not one of them is female.

'Too beautiful! What is this place?! We seem to be in a town. Might even be in the middle of a forest. However, what I like the most is these handsome beastmen! Oh my!' She waves at them and smiles.

Meanwhile, her Daddy's face is black already. Seeing their daughter's eyes shining as she waved and smiled at those sticky men made them want to go back in.

Hu'er, who felt her daddy's oddities, points at the berries. "That's your berries. I, your Daddy, replanted them!" One of her Daddies said as he raised his hand.

"Sweet Daddy, thank you." The berries he planted are the sweet ones, even the Daddy is sweet, might as well call him sweet daddy.

He blushes, "I-it's for Hu'er. You can tell me what other berries you want, I'll plant them."

Hu'er nodded and agreed. Look back where their house is. Her Daddies spoke the truth, their house is inside the big tree. She looked up and didn't see the top of the tree. It's so tall and big. Looking at other houses, some trees have holes, and there are those normal wood small houses too.

Hu'er Daddies started to tour her around the tribe. Many beastmen watched them go around, and some followed them. Anyway, they couldn't give her the gift yet. They need to wait before Hu'er gets welcomed and blessed by the tribe leader.

The Daddies planned to immediately run to their home once it was finished though. It is still unknown if they can give it. If the female baby is still outside after the meeting, they could give it and her daddies can't reject it. However, if they are already at home, the Daddies will have the right to reject it.

That rule was passed down from their ancestors. When the females get rarer most of the female babies could understand that they must let the female baby get gifts. But Hu'er Daddies didn't care. The advantages they could get are what they also could do.

When the time came, Hu'er, her brothers, and her Daddies directly went to the middle of the tribe where a large house was built. Hu'er looks confused. "This is the house of the tribe leader. It's the one who leads and manages the tribe," scholar daddy explained and smiled at her. She nodded.

Once they went in, an old man was sitting in the middle and busy reading all those square rocks, looked up, and went toward them. "Is this the new beautiful female baby going to be our family now?"

Dada greets him, "Elder Wu. She is Hu'er and yes, she will be the newest female member."

"That's good, that's good. Come, let's go out and start welcoming." This elder is called a guide. He guides all the new females to the tree of life where the tribe leader is waiting.

While walking in a very slow manner, the elder starts telling Hu'er some information and the responsibility she must do.

"I heard you are very smart. If ever you don't understand, ask your Daddies later. I will start now.

There are three thousand one hundred seventy-five beastmen, including females, in the Fox Tribe. There are one hundred eleven females, you are one of them.

According to an old writing one, one, one, this number changes the fate of the Fox Tribe. If the female lives our Fox Tribe thrives. If she dies, the Fox tribe will suffer. Unknown if it's true, but this is the first time there are one hundred eleven females in our tribe. We are very glad to see you alive for nearly two whole seasons now Hu'er.

I feel like the curse is now broken, and I hope it is. Old females would suddenly die when the female population turns one hundred eleven, which is why our female population is always one hundred ten. My mate is old now, I don't want her to suddenly die." The elder stops and drinks water from the bamboo he holds.

"When you turn ten, even if your father doesn't want to, you need to choose one mate, a fox one. You can add mates whenever you want but if you don't want to, it's fine. However, you will again need to choose a mate when you are fifteen. Then, eighteen, twenty, and the last one is twenty-two. After that, you will never be forced to take a mate. We would be very thankful if you mate more fox beastmen. We never want to see a beastmen die because of not being able to get a mate. But don't worry Fox tribe isn't poor yet, we can afford to trade some females. Some tribes are lucky to have females. No need to be pressured. My daughter is thirty whole season old now, she only has ten mates, the least amount of mates in our tribe.

Next will be the lifespan of the beastmen. Beastmen dies at the age of forty if they are not mated. Beastmen die 'naturally' at the age of a hundred when they have a mate. Females are very fragile at this stage, from birth to two winters. When two winters passed and you got welcomed into a tribe and got a blessing, you will slowly get stronger. The more beastmen you mate the longer you live. Of course, some beastmen die when hunting, traveling, mining, or in an accident.

I will give you your Mommy's history now. Your mommy has thirty-five mates. It's an average number of mates. Some died and there are twenty-two alive and is your Daddy. She gave birth to eighteen beastmen and one female, which is you.

Well, I think that's all. Do you have a question?"

"Where's my mommy?"

16