Chapter 30 Trading? (2)
372 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jiu Hu is sitting on an old fur blanket and Hu'er is on his lap. He is folding the fur blankets and fabrics that were given to Hu'er on her birthday. This is the last one that they need to arrange as everything is already organized.

Half of the fabrics, wool, and fur are gone too. They asked for some beastmen to help them create a good blanket, clothes, shoes, and a ribbon for Hu'er's hair. Her Daddies didn't ask for any beastmen but only Old mom's mates, Shun Su's Dads, and Aunt Qiao also shamelessly took some for Xin Hua's Daddies to make a pretty dress. Most of it is made by Jiu Lin and Yi Fu, Hu'er's Daddy who made all the baby clothes and helped Jiu Lin make her birthday dress. The two of them are the best when making clothes in their family.

Watching them do their thing made Hu'er yawn. But she didn't want to sleep at all. She still wants to accompany her Dada. "Dada, can you tell me about the things you did while hunting?"

"Oh? It seems like you're getting bored again. Alright, I'll tell you everything." Storytelling will always make Hu'er sleep. He wants to use it so that Hu'er would nap.

"We went to the forest. Fought the wild animals with our fists, dagger, sword, bow, and arrows…." As Jiu Hu's story goes on, Hu'er yawns again. He made his voice gentler and lower making it a lullaby to Hu'er's ears.

She slowly closes her eyes and her head starts bobbing. Jiu Hu picked Hu'er up and put her gently on soft fur blankets as he continue his story. "The Panda tribe leader apologizes and will come to the tribe soon. We decided to go home with the foods we hunted and gathered as well as those we traded with the Panda tribe. I took a bath immediately and made sure I'm clean before looking for you. I miss you Hu'er…" Hu'er was too deep in her sleep to even respond to him. Jiu Hu is just caressing her hair.

Hu'er woke up when the sun was already rising. Jiu Hu didn't go away and guarded her. They only hunted for three days. He didn't even do much except heal the beastmen after one fight.

"Dada tell the story again!" Hu'er is energized and eats the dried fruit.

Jiu Hu didn't have anything to do so he agreed. "Do I start from the top or where you fell asleep?"

She chose, "When I fell asleep." Hu'er can still remember the beginning of his story. To be honest, adventure and action are not the types of stories she likes.

Jiu Hu thought about when she fell asleep, "Hmmm. Okay. We wanted to go around the vicinity of our tribe after we finished hunting and gathering deep in the forest. It is a coincidence that we need to pass the Panda tribe. There are two options; go around the panda tribe which will take us half a day to do so, or go in the panda tribe to maximize the time we could go home."

Hu'er pops the dried berry into her mouth. "What did you choose?"

"We went in. Everyone wants to go home earlier. Plus we could trade there too with some materials." Jiu Hu wipes her face.

"Did Dada trade something? I don't like the Bamboo bed." She puffed her cheeks. Sometimes even with fur blankets, her back will hurt.

"We did. Bamboo can be made into threads and cloth. Besides that, just five days ago they got a new idea on how to make chairs, beds, and even a box that can store clothes. However, we can only trade fruits for threads and clothes. The leader of the Panda tribe even apologized because they couldn't trade it. But it will be available once they get here. Do you want to trade for their materials?"

"Can we?" Hu'er tilted her head. She also tried to remember if there was bamboo furniture back in her old life.

"Of course. Panda Tribe can trade the materials with gems, graphite, fish, and small wild animals. We have small wild animals but we didn't do the trade because we need the wild animals now. But don't worry, there is Fall Hunting Season. Before the Trading commences the tribe already has stocks of food and materials." He patted her head.

"Trading?" She looks so interested.

Jiu Hu chuckles. "Yes. There will be a Seasonal Trading Center that will happen. Seasonal Trading Center is once every three whole seasons. The place where it is held is not the same. Last time, it was at Panda Tribe. Right now, this season is our tribe's turn to hold the Seasonal Trading Center. Tomorrow is the start of Fall. Every Beastmen will go to the tribe leader's front house to build tables, chairs, and some shades that will be used at that time. Only three beastmen will be left with females. But since we are physicians, all physicians will be left to the female instead, and one beastman who is good at fighting." Jiu Hu isn't focused on talking to Hu'er. He is also thinking about who will they choose to be left with Hu'er.

They need to choose well. Their responsibility will make them go out whenever they are needed. Two physicians will be going to the center, in case something happens they could treat it immediately. Two will stay at their temporary houses; one to the east and the other to the west. There are two physicians left. If they suddenly need their help, they could do anything but rush there. The other two from the south will surely stay with their females.

"Dada?" Jiu Hu snapped out of his thoughts. "Can I go and watch my Daddies work?"

He shook his head, "It might be too dangerous as there will be trees and some materials that can hurt you. If you want to go out and wait for the Seasonal Trading Center, we will take you out by then."

Hu'er eyes shine and nod at him excitedly. The Seasonal Trading Center will surely be interesting. She would see different beastmen and there might be females too.

8