Chapter 158 Hei Bai Mao (3)
127 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Happy New Year!!!

Updates will be one chapter a week~

---

Some of the students went to their own rooms after the celebration. They are all excited and happily talking about Hu'er.

While the rest of them went to the book room to study. They are determined to learn something as most of them have figured out that if you are capable enough females will choose you and they don't need to be worried that they won't be unmated.

Hei Bai Mao, on the other hand, have different thoughts. All he thinks right now is to go home. He wanted to go home as soon as he could and send a message to his parents. He has all these plans on his head as he goes out of the Fox Tribe.

"Hey! Going out? Hunting?" A student who plans to hunt saw Hei Bai Mao and ran up to him.

This student is also under Qiang Li, named Shi Tu. They are both students under the same teacher and so they communicate the most. They also became partners when dealing with powerful wild animals.

He shook his head, "No. I'm going back to my Tribe."

Shock, he nodded in understanding. Shi Tu thought that Hei Bai Mao was envious and wanted to go home so he can also be with his family. "Oh! Good luck with your journey. I'll be off then."

Hei Bai Mao nodded, "Have fun hunting."

Shi Tu waves as he walks away. "Now, I understand why those students took their things and went to visit their family. They must have felt that they needed family love just like how loving Teachers' family is," he muttered.

Three whole days of walking towards his tribe, he kept on thinking what to bring back. Then Hei Bai Mao remembered a huge fish pond nearby.

He rushed toward the pond and saw three Pelican Beastmen cooking fish at the side. One of the tribes he would often encounter when going to his tribe was the Fox tribe.

Pelican Tribe is a small tribe they rarely join any tribe gathering. They like to live on their own and just eat fish.

"Going to fish?" They immediately saw Hei Bai Mao going toward the pond. They know who he is. The Pelican Tribe have been very cautious towards The Main Coon Tribe when they first got to know that they relocated near their Tribe but soon warmed up to them, especially when they all talked about how delicious fish is.

"Yes." He nodded at them.

The beastman saw that Hei Bai Mao didn't bring anything to catch his fish. He stood up and went towards Hei Bai Mao. "You can borrow this."

"Thanks. You are?" He took the bamboo fishing rack.

The beastman grinned. "Weng Ken."

He nodded and gave his name, "Hei Bai Mao."

"Do you also need buckets? We won't be using it anyway." He pointed at the two empty buckets on their side.

Hei Bai Mao looked at it and saw the other two beastmen nodding at him as a greeting. He nodded back. "Sure. I'll give it back as soon as I can."

He waves at him, "No worries."

Weng Ken left and went towards his friends. They are still cooking as the three of them watch Hei Bai Mao catch fish. The food is all cooked, yet Hei Bai Mao is still catching so much fish that the bucket is full and he is filling another bucket.

They are very good at fishing but compared to Hei Bai Mao, they could only admit their loss.

Weng Ken said something to the two other beastmen when they were already eating. The two nodded and waved at him. Weng Ken stood up and went towards Hei Bai Mao.

"Do you want some cooked fish? We cooked a lot just now." Weng Ken pointed at two pots of fish soup and those fish on a stick.

Hei Bei Mao could smell the food. his nose twitched. He has been keeping his mind busy as he fishes so he wouldn't smell it. Now that someone was actually willing to give him some fish, he wanted to immediately say yes. Yet, getting something just like that made him uncomfortable.

Weng Ken saw him hesitating so he said, "We will surely not be able to finish all the food. It will be a waste to throw out the leftovers. Our tribe members wouldn't want it either. You know how we, Pelicans, like to hunt our food on our own. Sometimes even our females will go out and fish for their own food. We mostly only fish for ourselves and our hatchling."

"Hatchling?" He never heard that word.

Hei Bai Mao's eyes are full of curiosity that made Weng Ken chuckles. 'He is still indeed a kit.' he thought.

Weng Ken, then explained to him. "Yes, hatchling. Three whole seasons ago, oir tribe changed the name we call out young ones. Hatchling are the younger Pelicans that just hatched. They can only eat soft food. When they grow up, we call them juveniles. Some juveniles can catch fish, but most can only walk around, so we need to feed them. However, they have strict food. Tribe leader is very strict with what our little ones eat. Our food won't be accepted."

His eyes shined as he beamed. "Oh! Just like how we call our untransformed beastmen a Kit!"

Weng Ken chuckled, a glint flashed through his eyes as he nodded. "Yes. I heard the Fox tribe is thinking of choosing a name for little ones. Will they really change it?"

Hei Bai Mao didn't answer for a while before waving his hand, "Oh that one? No. They will still call them cubs. They would just change how beastmen and females are called."

When he heard that, Weng Ken was stunned. "Really? That's a big move. Do you know what name they decided to change into? Do they have one already?"

"Yes. Vixen for females and Tod for beastmen." Hei Bai Mao grinned.

Weng Ken jumps when one of the beastmen yelled at them, "Hey! You two should stop talking there! Come here and eat!"

He laugh, embarrassed, "Shall we?"

6