Side Story: Do you still remember?
28 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Four storm dragons were hoovering above the Forlorn Continent. Two adults and two young ones. The difference in scale wasn't big but one could easily see it.

Meanwhile on the coast was a big project going. Disciples were seen like ants running around. Chopping trees and making makeshift tables and stools.

The group of Ascenders was split in three. One group was just enjoying their life, another was helping here and there to flaten the land.

One group, the smallest one, was with Nadia in the Sect Hall. There were only a few of them but all their names could shacke the world.

Saphur was sitting beside Nadia with a grim face. Beside them sat a middle-aged man with a long beard. The patriarch of the Dragon Clan which took his fellow members to ascend. 

A young women with a tiny body, she wad happy drinking tea made by Nadia. When she first laid her eyes on her she was happy. To think that an elemental still existed! She made them with the intent to be true children of the world.

Beside the women sat a buffed up man, many scars showed his past fights. He was the bear which frightend most people.  A Terror Bear was not an easy opponent. Not only were they sturdy, they took the slightest insult to the grave.

They all had the highest stages and were also the four leaders, with Saphur the highest, of the group which was caged on the island.

Nadia told them all about the things, from who she now was to what her plan was.

The only one wholly disinterested in the hall was the elemental. A trait of them was to be, nicely said, living carefree.

The dragon patriarch was the one to speak first. "So you want us to believe that you created us? That we are still imprisoned and there is another world out there?"

The buffed man, the bear, gave a slight nod to this. They knew that someone was doing something but this whole story seemed to be a fairy tale.

Saphur gazed at the two and his eyes fell on the tiny women. "Juna, what do you say?"

Everyone in the room gazed at the girl happily sipping tea. She didn't answer.

"Ehem, Miss Juna?" The drahon patriarch tried to get her back into reality.

The girl put down the cup and gazed at the patriarch, making him shiver. He may be stronger than her but he knew very well the end of annoying that devil. The bear beside him could tell many tales of it.

"Annoying!" The girls eyes changed to a silvery white before spatting out a golden pearl. Nadias eyes opend wide when she saw the pearl.

"Thank you little girl, if those three do annoy you just tell me. I will not let my darling be interupted." Nadia took the pearl in her hands and motes of light began to vanish into her skin.

Juna smiled at Nadia. "Hmm its ok mommy. You changed, why is that?"

Nadia glanced at the girl and sighed. " I'm not her, well I am but only her memories and powers. You could say that I'm her and not. My name is Nadia but I got her dream. You know it, right?"

Juna sighed. "Mother told us that we may not be able to see her again...but for Juna you are mommy now. Juna believes that the rest would be happy that mom is now free."

Nadia trembled for a moment. It seems like..

Saphur was silent the whole time but his gaze wandered to Pontir and Shazui, the Terror Bear and the Dragon Patriarch.

"Is this proof enough for you two? We already knew that something was amiss. We were just like fish and didn't know about the blue sky. Give us your plan, Vice-Sect Master. I will let the others know about it."

The two trembled when they heard Saphur, the words of him were akin to the words of their parents. If even he accepted her, who were they to disagree?

"There are three main points. First, we need to get stronger, second, we need to cleanse the worlds from the influence of It and lastly...the final battle in the Upper World."

Saphur nodded, the women who was in charge of keeping them imprisoned was a Crowned Divine. They didn't knew how many beings there were in the Upper World with that level.

"Is it still possible to descend or ascend, Vice Sect Master?" Shazui asked Nadia an important question.

"That is where our advantage lies, because the framework of the world was shacken it is nearly impossible to descend. Ascending is still very much possible though."

This time did Pontir talk. "Hmpf! Master Saphur trusts you, so will I. If descending isn't possible we should just sweep this world now and think about the next world. If we have the unity of all continents we can strenghten ourself more! If I know one thing from my battles, it is that many ants can kill a bird!"

It was an old memorie of his while he still was roaming freely on the Beast Continent.  A deerkin did offend him so he gave it a lesson. Who would have thought that it died that easily? The problem came afterwards.

His attackers weren't strong. Most only in the Soul Forging realm with some Transformation realm deerkin. But there were too many! He slew dozens but hundreds came. He slew hundreds and thousand came! That was why he ascended, well tried. Being hunted down by maniacs wasn't fun!

Nadia shacked her head. " I don't want to use anyone as canon fooder. This is not an option."

Pontir laughed. "Who said canon fooder? Ask them! Ask the world if they would wage war, a war which many would die anyway! I still believe that there are many who would gladly take part in it!"

Nadia gazed at the others and saw even Saphur nod his head. She may have the memories of her bit her experience of fights wasn't existing. She didn't know about the real brutality of war.

"Fine, let them decide themself but first. Lets go and enjoy the feast. Lets enjoy life." Nadia stood up and walked out. Juna jumped to her feet and followed her.

The trio left behind was silent. Saphur stood up and walked towards the door.

"Master Saphur?" Pontir didn't think that this man wouldn't just be quiet. They all understood that this women was not versed in war. No probably didn't see war or any real battles.

"What? Didn't you hear Vice Sect Master? Come and enjoy the feast. As for your worries. Aren't we here? Don't forget that we finally refound our calling! Why did we even begin to cultivate? Do you two still remember?"

Pontir began to laugh making Shazui flinch. His laugh made the whole hall tremble.

"Thank you Master Saphur! To think all those years on the island made me forget bahahahah. I could eat some fine meal bahahahah."

Shazui was left alone in the hall, his head hanging low. "Why did I began cultivating? I have long lost mine but...but my children should still have it.. "

He stood up and slowly walked towards the door. When he saw the thousands of beings, meaningless of cultivation stage or being of different races. He smiled.

"Yes..the dream which we all couldn't achieve, I hope you all will."

He wanted to walk away but a hand on his shoulder stoped him. When he turned around he saw a man which he didn't recognize. White hair and white eyes.

3