Lorelei, the talking beast
33 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Numia was eating at a bonfire with the rest of his group. It wasn't a big one if you knew how influent he was. Three "guards", one chef and two drivers.

It was the norm for most small groups. This group only did it because their boss, Numia, wanted it.

The drivers were in the Gold Immortal realm. The chef, Lorelei the daughter of Numia, was at the True Immortal Realm. The guards were all in the Middle Immortal Realm. Numia himself was a King Immortal realm cultivator.

In any city on this planet they would be more than enough to rule one. Most city rulers were in the Low Immortal realm. The bigger cities, like Heaven Port City, had King Immortal realm cultivators.

The Nunada Star System had several planets with Divines but the highest ranked on had only a Named Divine.

Lorelei filled the bowl of her father with a happy smile and give it to him. She had the same pointy ears as her father.

"Dad, what about the guy you picked up?" Since she could remember was she always on a journey with her father, from planet to planet just buying and selling things.

This made her have not many true interaction with others beside their little group. She didn't dislike it but she earned for a friend. Wouldn't this be a golden opportunity for it? They still had more than a day to Heaven Port City! 

Numia took a sip from the bowl and sighed. "Just let him rest, he is awake but he needs some time. Don't go and talk his ears off little girl."

The rest of the group laughed. Even the newest member,the guard which barged into the carriage, joined this group over 600 years ago. They were all a little family of their own.

The group earing heard a whosh sound and the door to the carriage opend. Elor came out with steady steps.

He walked towards the group and bowed to Numia. "I didn't thank you yet for saving me. Thank you for this gesture."

Numia nodded and let another pillow appear and put it beside him.

"No worry friend. Sit, it seems you had enough time to think."

Elor sat down beside Numia and gazed into the group. One of the others did he already knew. The rest were new to him. Two women dressed in some leather clothing. Three man with metal armors bur without the headgear.

Elor was perplexed, now that he thought about it. Metal armors wouldn't be good in battle. Except the metal they were made of was something which could negate energy. It was just that he never heard of metal with that abilty, well it was a new world for him.

Like the carriage, if he had to explain it in simple words, it was made out of metal with round things touching the ground. He didn't see any beast pulling them, maybe it run on energy? That would be too much, right?

The last person he saw was a women with emerald hair. Pointy ears like Numia. What made Elor shiver was her gaze. Why did he feel like a prey being gazed at?

Lorelei tried to stand up but was held back by her father. She had almost tears in her eyes when she glanced at him. Numia could only sigh and look towards Elor.

"Friend Elor, I know this may be uncalled for as you only woke up. Could you still talk with my daughter? She can't sit idle when there is something new. I don't know where she has it from, her mother isn't like this and I'm sure that I am neither."

Elor understood now. "Didn't you just say I shouldn't trust anyone? Why should I trust her not to be inatructed by you to get some information out of me?"

Numia and the rest were stunnend. Lorelei's eyes flashed and she had an idea.

"We make a deal! You will ask first and I will answer and than its my turn!"

Elor was stunnend, not because of the sentence though. Her speed! What was this speed? 

Lorelei covered her mouth and closed her eyes. Soon did they re-open.

"Calm, need to be calm! Do you accept my deal or not? We can also change the content of the deal? How about I answer two of your questions for every one of mine? No, that would be my loose. You tell me one part yof your story and depending on how good I find it I will answer one of your questions? No no that is als-"

Elor was scared, that girl didn't have a break!

"Enough! Don't you see that you are drifting away again? Seriously, the name which you are known as isn't for show!" Numia was the one to intervene, he couldn't let her go on!

Elor saw the wry smiles of the group and knew that this girl was most probably always like that.

"Could I ask what her name is?" Elor really wanted to know, even though he had an idea.

Numia sighed while Lorelei made herself as small as possible, her face red.

"Hmpf, go to the west or the east. Go to the north or the south. Lorelei, the talking beast, is known far and wide! Hear little children and be prepared, talk too much and be punished by her neverending mouth!

I believe that one bard did sang something like that after she almost crippled his earfell."

Lorelei became smaller and smaller while Numia was talking and the rest of the group couldn't help but chuckle.

Elor was astonished after hearing the story. A bard was even singing tales of her? How much did this girl love to talk?!

"Haha..haha..well, it seems that the bard didn't lie there." Elor could only give a little nod to Numia and the rest out of respect.

"If you really want to talk, we can make a deal. You like deals, right?" Elor gazed at the wrapped up Lorelei with a sigh. He needed informations and this girl would probably cover most. He didn't know their cultivations stages but he had an inkling.

Lorelei instantly sprung up witj stars in her eyes and was right next to Elor, hanging on his arm.

"Really?!? I will accept everything except my body as a bargain!"

Several mouthfulls of soup were spat out when they heard her words. Numia had a twitching eye.

"......no, its simple. Ask one question and answer one. The only rule is to not talk more than neccesary.."

next chapter of Elor PoV wil be long and still needs some fine tuning, world building and everything. Except the next chapters to be from Sage Sect PoV

2