Side Story: The Sage Sect Part 2
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Is this really true? You saw the Ancestor? Don't lie to me!" A handsome male was berating Jovanna and Johann kneeling on the ground. How did it turn out like this?

At first did their family have a good reunion but it all turned weird after they were asked how their tribulation went! Even their mother was gazing them with a probing look.

"Mom..dad..we don't dare to lie! Its true! If it wasn't for Sect Master we wouldn't have made it but--"

Johann was packed at his head and pulled up. He saw the fierce gaze of his father and trembled. 

"So you want to say that my child couldn't even jump over it but needed help? Hmpf!"

The next thing Johann saw was the sky. He didn't dare to intervene, sure his father was a True Immortal and was stronger. That wasn't a problem though. He feared his mother! He even thanked his father and prayed for his sister.

The sister in question was trembling. Before her stood a women in the prime of her life. Coldly gazing at her.

"M-mom..please?" It didn't help. What followed was screams from inside the forest. The man stood there silently and gazed into the horizon, whispering. "That's all I can do for you son..."

The fest was going on with much elan. Some disciples even were listening to the new group of immortals about their life. The immortals were happy to be the center of attention, better said to have such a lively commotion.

Nadia was looking at it from the highest point with a smile. "If only we could always be like this..."

"I may not be in the position to say this. I am sorry to say this, truth be told. Life would be meaningless without hardship. If everyday would be as carefree as this, we wouldn't be walking on a path. We would rot at an inn."

Nadia turned around and saw Saphur smiling with a bowl with soup in his hands. 

"Without hardship there would be no meaning... Maybe, but only hardship would be nothing more than a nightmare." 

Saphur beside Nadia laughed. "Well spoken! There are always more side to a thing than one! Doesn't make that life meaningfull on the other hand? If we always knew that an action had the same result, for example a failure. Why even try!"

Nadia understood ehat Saphur implied with that. She held her cup towards Saphur and waited for him. Saphur was stunnend at first but realized what she wanted.

"Cheers Vice-Sect Master! To the day that our hardship will be over!"

The feast was going on for some hours. It wasn't until morning that Nadia made an announcment.

"Listen everyone! From today onwards I will assume the position of Vice-Sect Master as long that Sect Master is away!

There will be several position made official now. First will be the Grand Elders! That would be Grand Elder Saphur, Shezui, Par and Kopion!

Followed by Elder Lau, Elder Red, Elder Pontir, Elder Aura, Juna, Lin, Lena Jovanna and Johann."

Loud cheers were heard from the crowd, most of these people were Immortals!

"Next up will be specific position of internal structure.

First...we have the Department of fun, lead by elder Aura and elder Juna....." Nadia couldn't believe herself when she said that. It was hard to not agree to that demon. Especially when Juna heard of it tonight. She instantly clinged to her with puppy eyes.

Most people, the immortal group and the Phoenix Sect group didn't know the names but the others all shuddered when they heard Aura.

Nadia continued. "Thi department is in charge for the food, merchandise and having..fun."

When food was said did most immortals cheer, only those who knew the evil empress didn't. Can we not, Vice Sect Master?

"Next up we have the department of internal affairs, lead by Elder Red and Elder Pontir. They are in charge of discipline and making the sect work as one!"

Cheers erupted this time from no one. Some immortals told stories about Pontir. Nicely said they were scared. If they had to tell the truth, they wanted to go home.

"Next is the last department. Lead by me and Grand Elder Saphur. Department of growth! The task of this department is to oversee and guide members!"

Cheers rang out from everyone when they heard who was in charge of developing their strenght! He wasn't just a legend but THE legend! Most didn't believe at first that he truly was that man but after some interaction did the word spread. 

Saphur the Sword Sage!

"Listen up! Now we will divide the several members! Everyone who is below the Immortal real is an outer disciple! Everyone in the Immortal realm is a inner disciple and for those above, which sadly none of you reached yet. Will be an core disciple!"

It was silent. Not even the immortal realm crowd said anything. Come again? They were only inner disciple?

"Ehem, let me give you some more intel to that!" Saphur rose up into the air and smiled at everyone. He looked over the crowd and saw many different emotions. He looked at Nadia and she nodded to him. They foresaw this.

"You all may ask why its like this but let me tell you something most of you don't know. We are at war. War with not any sect or clan. We are at war with beings in the Upper World, which has Beings who stand at the top of the food chain here. Some of you may know what I mean."

Those normal disciples didn't understand but the immortal group who didn't know about it had a cold sweat.

"Those beings want to offer our world to a deity! We are being used as food! Do you all want to accept this? I don't think so, right?"

Some shouts were heard denying this, Saphur nodded at that.

"Now let me ask you this! Why the hell do you think a mere title in a sect should hold you back?!? Teuth be told this isn't for you all to have some more ressources! Everyone who works hard will have the same! It is about where your battelfield will be! 100 years! In one hundred years we will begin our war! Those who will be still under the Ascencion realm will be staying here! The rest will follow us to the Middle World! After another 300 years we will do it again! Those who will still be in the Immortal realm will stay there! Only those, who will have reached the Divine Realm in 400 years are eligable to fight along side everyone to free ourself!"

It was dead silent, a Immortal from the dragon clan wanted to stand up but he was a second later than a tiny Energy Storing disciple.

"I won't accept this! If we really ar at wary why can't we, who would never reach the Immortal realm, let alone that thing called Divine realm, not be able to participate!"

Several eyes fell on the disciple and Elder Lin saw that it was one of his. He wanted him to know when to shut up but was stoped by Nadia beside him.

Saphur smiled at the disciple. "Ohh and for example me, fight me now. What would be the outcome?"

Only now did the disciple understand with who he was talking, he didn't think straight for a second there. Even his senior and junior brothers were giving him the dead eye.

"I...nothing.. but what would be the purpose of living as nothing more than food if you can give the one who wants to hurt you a scar! It may not be a big one, only itching. No not even a scar but they would need energy! What about the rest of war? War isn't only about fighting! Information gathering, ressources, assasination and all!"

In for a penny in for a buck, right? He already offended him. What worse could happen than be banished. What he didn't expect were the next words of the Grand elder before him.

"Good good! Thats the spirit! Don't think in a box! If you are in a box, think about what may be outside! What is your name?"

The disciple didn't know what to say so he could only stutter what most people called him.

"T-this one is called Sun, Grand Elder." 

"From now on you will be in charge of a new department, department of intelligence, understood Elder Sun?! I will let Elder Jovanna and Lin help you with that! Now, who else says that Elder Sun was right?"

At first did nobody stand up but soon there was a mass of people standing straight. Some older ones did have a new flame in their eyes, their gazes ablaze. Right! Why did they only think about the status! It was about how far they would walk alongside everyone else!

Saphur turned towards Nadia with a smile. "Now what do you say?"

Nadia shoock her hand and just told. " I'm at the top of the Library if anybody needs me. Take care, see you in a hundred years."

The smile of Saphur slowly turned sour, did she just? Johann, back from his zrip was looking at Saphur with pity.

"It seems that its a curse to be not in the top position in this place.. would be bad if somebody had...more work to do, right? Heheheh"

For those interested, Jovanna is lying in her bed atm, on her belly...mothers are scary! Is it just me or did Johann became a Sadist? At first he was a shy man with a goal in his mind... I think he slowly turns crazy from all those misunderstandings

1