Heaven Port City
28 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A long line of different carriages was standing outside. Elor looked at them in wonder. He now knew that they all ran on energy. Better said on energy crystals. 

The currency in the True World was them. They were all minend on planets like the one he was one. He was shocked when he got to know that there were several star systems. Everyone of them with several dozens of habitable planets.

He saw a massive metal object in the sky slowly landing within the city and knew what it was. 

"Thats a ship of the Nandayo Firm. They mostly transport people but also some rare goods. Next lesson, don't look at everything in such a dumbfounded way. These things are normal."

Numia was beside him and gave him a message via mental energie. Elor didn't trust this man as he knew his secret but Numia was really teaching him many things.

"Just say I'm a countrybumbkin. My world didn't have these things, no we didn't need it. We had flying ship but the cost alone to have one flying was insane."

Elor replied back via mental energie. This was the first thing he learned from Numia yesterday. It was much better and secure to talk like this instead with the mouth.

Their turn soon came and a female dragonoid came forward in metal armor.

"GalaDe and reasons." She sounded monotone. Who wouldn't be if you had to say this several thousand times a day.

Numia took out his GalaDe and gave it to her. When she scannend it did her eyes immediately pop big.

"Sorry to have taken your time Mylord. Please proceed in." She bowed humbly and gave the GalaDe back with both hands, trembling.

"Seems like your name spreads far and wide, eh?" Elor wasn't as stunnend. He knew that this group was in the top 5 most influental group on this mining planet.

"Just some rumours and what not. I don't care about that." Numiatook out a flask and drank some from it.

Elor could only shake his head. This man was special, that was for sure. As the two carriages slowly drove in did they park on the side at a firm called "Heaven Port Exchange Center".

A man in good clothing came walking with two buff beastkin with horns behind him.

"Master Numia, its good to see you again! I hope you have some excellent goods for us like last time!" The two guards behind the man instantly stood more upright. Master Numia!

"Mahahhaha brother Blo, how many times should I tell you not to adress me like that? Yes, I even have the thing you were searching for Mahahahah"

Blo bowed towards Numia, Elor saw a glint in the mans eyes appear. "Master Numia, if i didn't work, I would gladly call you brother. How about I offer a toast after I'm done?"

Something was wrong Elor knew that. His hunch was on the thing that the man Blo, was searching for.

Lorelei came out of the carriage behind them and Blo instantly trembled. Luckily for him he was ignored and she walked straight to her father, putting out a hand.

Numia sighed and took out a ring and gave it his daughter.

"500 crystals, nothing more! Also you need to take Elor and Horan with you. Horan was the guard captains name, he was a little grumpy but actually very soft inside.

"What?!? Why him!?" Lorelei was pointing at Elor and trembling. Why did she need to take that bloke with her? She really thought to have finaly a inspiration for her...

Horan was preparing his things when he heard that, a smile on his face. Finaly he wasn't the only one anymore to be punished like this!

Elor just sighed, he knew why he had to accompany her. Numia's brow fell and he took the ring back.

Lorelei had an O-shaped mouth and could only swallow hard before turning towards Elor. "Fine! Just don't make my good name go bad!" She took back the space ring from her father and turned around.

The people who heard her had all a twitching mouth. What good name?!?

Elor only understood the immense name that girl had to her when they were walking around the stalls.

Everytime the girl took a liking to somwthing she would...brgain with the owners. Bargaining in the sense of talking.

A necklace for example, she actually asked if the former owner was in a relationship or if the necklace was worn once when the act was done! 

When the shopkeeper realized who was before him he gave it for half the price. Lorelei dien't see Horan bowing to the owner after she left, giving him the other half of the price.

Lorelei was standing before a clothing shop with sparkling eyes. When she turned towards her two companions she had a menancing look and entered the building.

Elor wanted to follow but was halted by Horan. " Don't,trust me Elor." He pointed to a stall beside the shop and spoke again. "Lets go grab a bite and drink, she will take some time."

Elor was puzzled but followed, when they reached the stall did the owner, an elderly women, smile towards Horan.

"If it isn't it little Ho-Ho, is the young miss inside the Flower Shop again? The same as always?" She began to prepare food and a drink without waiting for the answer.

Horan sighed. "Hello there gran, make it two portions." The elderly women and looked up again, gazing at Elor. He saw...pity in her eyes?

"Ahjaa seems that you're not alone anymore with this. My condolesence! The first drink is on the house!"

Without further ado were two drinks put before them and Horan took a seat. "Come, no worries. It may be alcohol but even if one drank hundreds of cups you won't be drunk. Gran here is known as the sober maker in this street. Her food works wonder!"

Elor sat on the chair and glanced at Horan. When Horan saw that he only sighed. "Yes its as you guessed. What protection? There would nobody dumb enough to agonize Mister Numia. We just have to run behind her and pay for what she calls "bargaining". This stoo here is..different, her clothes are all from them."

Elor slowly understood. No wonder he said babysitting and not guarding.

"Not many people can just buy clothes from the Flower Shop. The clothes there are masterpieces for women! Its sad to know that this girl probably never finds a husband if she doesn't change." The elderly women came back with two plates and sat them before the duo.

"Ohh you didn't deink yet boy? No worries, it isn't strong!"

Elor heard Horan laugh and lift his cup. "Cheers brother Elor hahah, welcome to the worst job in the galaxy!" Horan downed the cup and let out a breath of hot air. Elor gazed into the cup and followed. 

Some grunting could be heard from Elor. What the hell is this? Not strong? Horan took a meat piece and placed it in his mouth before patting Elor's back.

"Hahahha, this is called 'Whiskey' gran doesnt want to sell the receipt but many people like this strong smell."

Elor could only hold back a churning stomach and also eat a piece of meat. As if some healing spell was done did his stomach quiet down. That was..addicting!

Elor looked up and gazed at the elderly women which instantly smiled. "Seems that i got another customer. Bussiness is good these days!"

They ate and drank for about an hour or two when Lorelei came back and humpfed.

"Now there are two addicts! I hope you gave them the weak one this time?"

The elderly women smiled at Lorelei. "Of course young miss. I wouldn't dare to disobey yourself."

Lorelei smiled and wanted to heave the two men up from the chair when she suddenly rememberd something.

"Get up, we're going back! See you Gran!"

The elderly women smiled again and winked towards Lorelei. "Whenever you need me, just tell me and I will look after them."

Elor and Horan weren't drunk. How could they? The meal instantly would sober them up.

Elor looked towards Horan and asked via sense. "Brother Horan, what did they mean?"

Horoan hung his head down and looked left and right. Some stall owners who knew what was going on smiled at the duo.

"You see... Lorelei doesn't like to be known to have guards or..even worse things. So I made a deal with gran here. She makes it look like I have to be babysitted. Well now its us two hahah? Don't worry we are here only every 15-20 years."

Elor almost stumbled. Why did he ever accept this..

Lorelei was happily walking before them, Horan couldn't help but ask her why.

"Lorelei, it seems that you are happy! I believe that the new clothes you got ahould make you even more charming!"

Elor wanted to facepalm, what the hell? Lorelei on the other hand didn't mind nor really hear him.

"Yes but not because of clothes! I made a new friend today! Her name is...oh well, she is easily spotted. I can ask her next time. She didn't have a GalaDe though, weird." Lorelei looked at Elor in disgust.

"Still many times better than you! She said that there is even someone she would want to marry but she sounded sad...ohh what experience did she have?!  I need to write that down heheheh!"

Elor wanted to gaze at her GalaDe but was covered by Horus. A message was instantly in his head.

"Never do that! That wouldn't be just the doom of me or you! She wants to be a wri-"

"Horus...pray tell what you two are talking about behind my back?"

Lorelei was standing face to face to the duo which shuddered. What kind of instinct did she have? Scary!

"I..we.. talked about how we would like to go to a certain place.. I don't think you would want to come with us to that establishment." Horus brain was running on full trothel.

Lorelei gazed at the duo, switching from Horus to Elor.

"Disgusting! There is no love in that places! Well he is a virgin, so give him some advice before going in." Lorelei turned around and took out her GalaDe again.

Elor glanced at Horus with malice, Horus gazed at Elor with a surprised face. They didn't talk the whole way back.

Numia was waiting with Tanya at the Exchange building and waved at the trio when he saw them.

2