Side Story: Several burials
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So this is were the rest of her is. I wonder why not all the laws and truths came to me. Par also got one, Jovanna and Johann comprehend it themself though."

She was perplexed there were still many question she wanted to ask Sect Master. He was sure to have all memories of her brother.

She sighed and touched her bossom but the thing she was looking for wasn't there.

"Little bird?" She searched her memories and rememberd that the little girl, Aura, took it out to show it the island.

She sighed heavily. "Was there a reason she was accepted by you? If you only knew how many problems that girl already did.."

She opend the door and walked the stairs up. She didn't look at the scrolls. Her path was different.

When she came to the top floor and unlocked it she was perplexed.

"Its open?" When she looked inside she was stunnend. She knew what this feeling was but what was worse was who was inside.

"Aura, little bird! Get out of here instantly!"

Aura was pouting but still took the bird and walked out. What the girl didn't expect was a nauseating feeling overcoming her.

Nadia catched her from falling and instantly scannend her.

"Our little Demon Empress.. how long were you in there?" 

Aura didn't hear her the first time because her whole body was trembling. Nadia used some power to let the energy course through the girl better.

Aura calmed down after Nadia guided her energy. "Big sis Nadia! More this feels good! Almost as good as Grandpa's fishes!"

Nadia still gazed at the girl before shaking her head. "And I wanted to just spend some time alone. Seems we got a solution to a problem but a new problem too."

The girl in her arms was at the peak Energy Storing realm! When she saw her last morning she was still at the 8th Body Forging realm.

Nadia thought to herself for a moment before her eyes landed in the middle of the room. "The circle is gone? Wait...when I woke up I didn't understand my powers yet..could it be..

She scannend the little phoenix and saw that he hasn't any cultivation realm.

She took the girl in her arms and put little birdy on her shoulder, teleporting themself into the Sect Hall.

PoV Saphur

"To be tricked at my age, what a crafty women."

The hall was silent, only Saphur and Shezui were in it. Saphur gazed at the latter saw his eyes absently starring in the air.

"My friend, what is wrong? I needed your advice and you look like a dead fish. You have the most experience in ruling a group."

Shezui came back and his eyes looked for a second at Saphur before trembling and looking away. Saphur was perplexed.

"You? What do you want to say? Did something happen that should be known?" Shezui didn't answer, making Saphur stand up.

At that moment did Nadia teleport in the hall with Aura in her arms. When she saw that Saphur was here she smiled, making the latter have a bad feeling. More work?

Before either Saphur or Nadia could speak did Shezui stand up and bow towards the both. His gaze fell on Nadia.

"Vice-Sect Master, let Jovanna and Johann in first. It would help the cause. It doesn't help to brea-"

Blood splattered out of his mouth before he could finish.

Saphur was shocked but Nadia was faster. She tried to circle his energy and was astounished at what she felt.

"Y-you?!" Shezui whipped away the blood on his mouth before sighing wrily. Nadia saw the resolutiin in his eyes.He forced himself up and continued.

"It doesn't help for the breakthrough to the Divine real-" Saphur casted a bubble around Shezui which turned blood red. Shezui was no more.

Saphur was trembling, his old friend was gone just like that? What happend and what did he mean?

Nadia got one message from Shezui through his eyes. She didn't know why she understood it. She just did. "I'm sorry. Let me atone for my sins."

PoV Shezui

"And you are?" Shezui was looking at a man with white hair and eyes. Not remembering seeing anyone like this yet.

"This is not the question you want to ask. At least not the one in your heart. When Saphur calls you for helping out. Don't speak, just wait. When Nadia comes tell her this. Jovanna and Johann should go first. It only helps until the Immortal Emperor realm." Some blood streamed down the man's eyes and Shezu was shocked. Did he knew?

"Come clean, don't be a puppet no longer. We both share some similarities. You and I."

The man turned around and left Shezui standing with widend eyes. So there was someone who knew..

PoV Nadia

Nadia watched the bubble slowly fade. A gory scene before her. Saphur walked with trembling steps towards the puddle before caressing it.

"Old friend...why?" Tears were dropping down mixing into the puddle. He hanged his head down and after some seconds gazed at Nadia. Furry in his eyes. He wanted answers!

Nadia gazed back at him with eyes full of emotions. Saphur also saw some rage in it which faded to sadness therafter.

"Let's hold a meeting...He sacrificed himself to show us that we forgot one important thing. After that we will hopefully only have one burial to hold."

Saphur realized what was going on and couldn't help but sigh. So his friend here never told the real truth why he took all the elders of his clan to ascend.

It didn't take long for all the higher ups to meet in the hall. Without a word did Nadia tell Elder Red to give the pearl around she made. At first he was stunnend before realizing it. They never looked after seeds in their own homeground!

Luckily there weren't any reactions to the pearl. Nadia let out a breath of air and told them what happend.

Pontir's eyes focused on Saphur after what they were told and the latter nodded.

The chair that Pontir was sitting on was crushed. "Gime that pearl thing." Red looked at Nadia and she didn't say anything against it. She knew that if Saphur was a good friend of Shezui than this being was his best buddy.

When Pontir left the hall did Saphur sigh and told the rest he will watch over it.

Kopion didn't know how to change the topic. They should move on in his opinion now that the fate of those seeded couldn't be changed anymore.

"Vice-Sect Master, could I ask what happend to my daughter? Why is she in the Energy Storing realm?"

Those who knew the realm of the little girl were listening closely. They saw the energy circulating in the girl, sleeping in her fathers arms.

"That is the second thing on the agenda. Johann and Jovanna, I need you tro to try something. By the way, why aren't you sitting Jovanna?"

The person in question had a wry smile on it, she would like to, it was just that it hurt.

"Pray tell Vice-Sect Master, I believe it has something to do with the jump in cultivation by the little Empress?" Johann tried to help his sister. He knew why she didn't sit.

"Yes, I think we have a solution for those who want to come with us but...I don't know if there would be any problems."

She had some more time to think about what was wrong with the top floor of the library. She came to some conclusion.

First, it did help the person advance in cultivation stages but only those who are based on energy.

Second, if somebody hasn't reached a high enough level of body cultivation it won't work. See the little phoenix.

Third, it had something to do with the element of time. She didn't know exactly what but Aura getting nauseaous was a good hint. It didn't accelerate the growth, else Aura would have been older. Her skelletal age was still the same.

Fourth, if all of these factors are combined with the situation they were in there was only one explanation. Somebody else had their hands in it too. She may be the reason why the lement of time was imbued in the floor but she surerly wasn't the reason for that effect. Neither was Sect Master!

"....what kind of problem are we talking about?" Johann didn't like the way this was going.

" I don't know, I don't even know why you two should test it?"

The hall became quiet, those who knew Elor just had one thought. It really was a curse in their sect! Every being with the title Sect Master in it was just too carefree with some things.

"I guess.. I will trust you Vice-Sect Master. Also I hate to report something. Well two things." Johann waited for some time because he didn't know how to explain.

"First of all....Luor..the statue of Luor is gone. I made my rounds this morning after the fest and didn't saw it anywhere.."

Par was the only one in the hall who had a stronger reaction, even if he changed. She was still once his guardian.

Nadia was already knew that. There was only one person who always said things for the future. She thaught why Shezui knew about the floor but now it was confirmed.

"I wouldn't think too much about him. If I am right he will show himself when he wants to." She couldn't do anything. No, she believed even Sect master couldn't do anything about him if he was still here.

"What is the second?"

This time did Johann not hold back and tell everyone about the Dragon Gate, what was inside and what they heard. Jovanna confirmed it too.

Elder Red was stunnend, the gate wasn't there to test dragons? Nadia on the other hand was silent and searched her memories bit found nothing.

"What did that dragon say?"

"Something about a final battle and a contract or promise it made. I didn't listen carefully enough, I am sorry Vice-Sect Master."

Nadia gazed at Juna who was half asleep. When the later felt the gaze of her mother did she look up and shake her head. "Never heard of it. It was said that the Dragon Gate is to test mighty dragons who want to ascend even further? I am already confused why these two were able to awaken it."

Without fuether ado did the little women nestle hear head in her arms again. She had too much fun in the fest, she wanted to sleep.

"Another unclear factor...wait.." Nadia suddenly got an idea. Why did Luor tell Shezui to tell them that these two were the best to cultivate in the library? Dragon Gate!

She didn't say it out loud but she was scared how much did Luor knew? What did he knew? And most importantly how?

"Go to the top floor of the library to cultivate. Juna go with them, you can sleep there." 

--------

The Sage Sect was in uproar. Elder Pontir suddenly swept over every being in the sect, holding them by the neck and putting a pearl in their hands.

Those unlucky ones to let the pearl turn red were instantly killed.  Why did this happen? Weren't they just partying before happy together.

Only when saphur arrived did he tell them the reason and they shuddered. Especially the immortals. Shezui was dead! The dragon clan wanted an explanation bit the only thing they got was a cold stare from Saphur.

Explanation? Just hope you all aren't seeded too! When the immortal group came to be tested it was as if all hell broke loose.

With every neck he had to break did Pontir's rage became bigger and bigger. How many of them were like children to him! 87! 87 Immortals were seeded!

Even Saphur was shocked at that number, that was almost one tenth of their group!

The Mortal realm disciple were better of, 37. All in all, there were 125 seeded in the sect. Pontir gazed at the horizon and rose up but was halted by Saphur.

"Not yet! Don't let your rage consume you! Who knows what kind of traps will await us!"

Pontir was trembling and gazed at Saphur. "Master Saphur, this is the only time I can't follow your request! Don't you get it? If that many are already seeded in some thousand people. What about the rest of the Lower World! What about the families of these disciples! What about the members of our dead companions! Not only do they now know that we can search for them they will habe time to prepare those traps of yours! I will sweep them! Every single continent I will sweep!" Space began to crackle around Pontir and Saphur took a step back.

He was really angry. His race didn't make it better. If this bear befire him could, he would probably ascend and wage war alone!

"Let him go...Pontir...Go to the Beast Continent. Saphur, catch." Nadia appeared and threw another pearl towards Saphur. Making him puzzled. He knew that there was no going back anymore when he saw her eyes.

If Pontirs were full of burning hatred, hers were a cold flame flickering in the dark.

"Vice-Se-" before he could finish did Nadia talk again.

"You go to the Dragon Continent. I will personally go to the Apex Continent." Nadia tried to turn around but did Saphur hear again.

"Vice-Sect Master, don't forget that the people being seeded arent the ones who want to harm us.. please kill them quickly without pain."

Without a word did Nadia vanish, when Saphur turned towards where Pontir was. Nobody was there. He sighed.

"If only there was another way."

As If some higher being heard his words, something shockingly happend in the lower world. Left and right did people die. Nobody knew the cause, what they knew was that everyone died the same exact moment. Only when the trio did land on their targeted continent did they find out though.

PoV ????

In a throne room did a man shatter several vases and interior decoration.

"First did something happen to the Lord and now we lost contact with the lower worlds! Bullshit! The divine ascencion shall not be halted!"

A voice entered in his ears and when he turned around he was shocked than overjoyed.

"Prepare for their invasion. Every being in the Upper World is under controll from the Lord, why are you so scared? Wouldn't it be best to deliver the meal to us themself?"

The man kneeled and was almost crying. "Divine Envoy! I'm glad that you are back! The lord he-he"

"Enough, do you think I don't know? Don't worry, how strong is our Lord? This is nothing more than a ploy of his to make it more fun."

"I see! Yes yes I see! To let those ants think they have hope and let them deliver the meal to us willingly! I should never have doubted the Lord!"

"Mhm, now go and ready everyone. They should be here in less than 20 years. Their ascencion point will be the Frozen Desert."

"Hahaha good good! We have several thousands Divine beings! How could they even dare to think to beat us!"

The man jumped to his feet and vanished, he needed to prepare.

The Divine Envoy stayed in the room his eyes starring at the door. "You didn't think about this happening, right? Serves you right, to have given me life...I hate you for that!"

The Divine Envoy punched out and the door rumbled a bit. The white cloak he had on moved and one could see two white eyes emotionless starring.

Who to trust? I would say like Numia said. Don't trust anyone!

1