Chapter 2 – Deity
171 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I went through the races I had pretty much decided on which races I wanted to select but out of curiosity I asked Tom “Are any of these races native to my earth?”. “Go to the last race,” Tom replied, with a very serious expression on his face. I saw trolls, satyrs, leprechauns, gnomes, and giants amongst the races until finally reaching the end of the race list. What I saw genuinely shocked me.

 Race: Atlanteans

 Intelligence: 15

 Agility: 12

 Strength: 25

 Lifespan: 50-70 years

 Racial Traits: Xenophobic and Imperialistic people, that believe themselves to be the greatest race.

 Racial Abilities: Some Atlanteans are born with the ability to control minds, of other races, intelligent or not.

“How…….?” I asked, bewildered and mindblown by what I had just looked at.

Most of the other races had their intelligence, agility, and strength added up to 19 approximately. The Atlanteans however, were quite literally monsters.

“What on Earth happened to them….? How could such a race die out?” I asked Tom. Tom sighed deeply and it seemed as if there were no good memories there.

“The description does them justice quite frankly. They were a very xenophobic race. They attempted to conquer the world and enslave humanity. In the beginning, I didn’t do anything to stop them, I figured they'd eventually learn that they were wrong and stop treating Humans as little more than animals. I was wrong, it only kept getting worse. They would use humans as your people used domesticated animals. They would eat humans, use them as gladiators occasionally and all other manner of base things. I was forced to step in to prevent them from doing more damage to your people. Even as I killed their kind to free the humans they refused to change and in the end, I killed the last Atlantean with my own hands.” Tom replied refusing to say a word further despite my asking. I let it be not probing any further and chose to go with the five races I saw right at the beginning.

Now that that was out of the way and the world was all set to start, I asked Tom for a more in-depth explanation. “According to Legend, the universe was created by the Dragon Clan and all the realms were first ruled over by Dragons. Over time as the number of realms increased, The Dragon Clan created the first elves to help them oversee some of the worlds. Now, how exactly humans came to be is not something I know myself but what I do know is that eventually the Dragons disappeared and the Elves alongside us Humans became the new Realm and Stellar Lords.” Tom started his explanation with a little history lesson.

 

“Now that you know something about what’s going on let's move on to something more relevant to you. As the Realm Lord, your job is to oversee your appointed realm and help life thrive on your world. To help with doing that you are allowed to appoint Gods, create Gods and you are allowed to descend in person as any race that currently inhabits your Earth once every millennium. For example, if any of your races are lagging behind the others or in a potentially dangerous situation, you may choose to help them unite under a chosen leader if you think it would be beneficial for them, you could also help them explore new lands or help them interact with other races. Also, should it come to pass that any race of wild creatures evolves to the point that they gain sentience you may choose to include them under your dominion or not and they will be included in the records of the Realm Lord. Speaking of the Records of The Realm Lord, all the information regarding Earth in your past as well past Earth’s is in there. ”

Okay, now that was a lot to process. “So there aren’t any dragons left any longer?” I asked, wondering where all those myths came from. “ I descended as a Dragon a few times, that’s where a lot of your world's myths came from. You can do the same but understand that you are only assuming its appearance and physical features. You won’t be able to display any of the actual magic a real Dragon possesses.” Tom replied clarifying up that point. “Don’t I need to select the wildlife for Earth?” I asked wondering why there hadn’t been more information regarding that point. “No, the wildlife should be similar to the wildlife on Earth except for the fact that Magic might cause some of those species to evolve a little differently,” Tom said in a very matter-of-fact tone.

 

I took some time to think to myself digesting everything Tom had explained to me. I also took a look at the pop-up menu to see what showed up next.

 

Realm Name: Earth

Intelligent Races: 5

Nations: 0

Actions Possible: 5

 

I looked through the available options and there were a few interesting ones.

Actions Possible:

  • Appoint Deity
  • Choose Additional Race
  • Time Skip
  • Descend
  • Access Archive

 

I clicked on the appoint Deity option that was right atop the list and there were 4 options present there with one of them being grayed out. Myself, Tom and any recorded personality were the options I could choose from, whereas any inhabitants of my planet which didn’t have any inhabitants as of right now was the last one.

“Tom……c-can I make my sister a Goddess?” I asked him, my voice hoarse and breaking from excitement. For all my life, my sister Jasmeen had been my reason for living.

I’d always regretted not being able to let her live a good life, devoid of the constant gnawing hunger we suffered through and the paranoia of our time. “I was wondering when you’d ask?” Tom chuckled.

God, was I relieved. I immediately chose the third option and went through the records of Earth and after a rather short period I’d found my sister’s record which I chose to re-create with all her memories.

The second I confirmed it I looked around waiting for her to appear like an idiot before Tom rather dryly pointed out that I still hadn’t finished. I looked back at the screen which hadn’t gone back to the initial menu but instead was asking me to choose her domain. “………..Any suggestions Tom?” I asked speechless at my stupidity.

“Well, there are some really obvious ones, like an element, the Earth itself, the sky, the Sun, Time, Magic, I mean I could go on all for the rest of the day with theoretical concepts. I’d recommend the Earth, or the Moon personally, those are good ones, not to mention you can always add on to her domains, should you want to.” Tom advised and sure enough, I took a page out of the Greek Myths and made her the Goddess of the Moon and the Hunt.

There was a blinding light right in front of the two of us, it was pretty annoying. Imagine if someone cam and turned on the brightest light in the room while you were trying to sleep cause that’s basically what it felt like.

After what seemed like an eternity, the light was finally going on and there she was, my sister, clutching at her head, her eyes unfocused. “Jasmeen it’s me.” I practically screamed at her while enveloping her in a bear hug. “Brother….?” She replied no doubt still somewhat confused.

 

 It took a solid twenty minutes to finally get her on the same page and soon enough she couldn’t wait to get started with her new Goddess duties. “Can I be an elf brother? Please……” she asked me all the while pulling off the most adorable moping look possible. I'd forgotten how much of a bookworm she was and how deep Jasmeen's love for fantasy ran.

I'd missed the little minx. “ I don’t know. You’ll have to ask Tom” I replied shrugging my shoulders.

He glared at me seemingly not appreciating being dragged into the spotlight as Jasmeen rushed towards him no doubt to make him help her turn into an Elf. Speaking of which I decided that if I was gonna be stuck babysitting five different races might as well make Tom a God again and let him do some work too.

So I went ahead and made him the God of Magic and Knowledge and sure enough he started to glow too, after which he gave me the dirtiest glare possible but didn’t protest verbally. I finished up by making myself the God of the Sun. It was time to get on with the beginning of Earth.

Trying to cut down on the tables. I don't intend to take a system route on this story so it's just gonna be like an interface. Do leave a rating if you like what you've read so far or hold off if you want to reserve judgment. Thanks for reading and Gig'Em.

So New Update as of 17th October, I ended up changing some stuff withing the story Just revised some details that didn't match up to what I wanted or intended for the story further on. 

 

2