Chapter 7 Freshmen
1.4k 2 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why does it have to be a sad thing to be separated from your family? Think of it differently, it might be a good opportunity to gain some freedom." The boy with a few freckles on his face and bright red hair said casually.

"I'm not just being separated from my family!" The dark-haired boy with red eyes, who had obviously just been crying, screamed, "They've all forgotten about me! They've forgotten that I'm their son!"

Tears streamed from his eyes once again.

"It was only yesterday that Dad and Mum were celebrating with me for getting my acceptance letter to Eton, but today they ended up looking at me like I am a stranger."

The boy with a round face, blonde hair and a firm gaze different from the other kids, patted him on the shoulder to reassure him.

"There's no way around it Justin, Professor McGonagall is doing this not only to protect you but your parents as well. If those people find out they have a son like you who can do magic, then maybe they will be in a danger in the future."

He obviously had to act a lot more maturely than the other children, and his reassuring words made the boy named Justin stop crying, and he looked at the blond boy with misty eyes.

"So will I ever get to see my mum and dad again?"

The blond boy fell silent, obviously knowing that the chances of that happening would be low, very low.

"Yes, you will! Justin!"

The only girl in the room said firmly and loudly.

"My mum and dad have always told me that good will triumph over evil! The day when Professor Dumbledore leads us back to reclaiming what was rightfully ours with our equal status! You'll be reunited with your parents!"

Jon had listened to the conversation between the four children without saying a word since he had been sent to this room by Professor McGonagall.

He had already rudimentary recognized two of them just by their appearance and the information in their words.

The red-haired boy who had spoken at the beginning had obvious external characteristics; only the Weasleys had such bright red hair in the wizarding world.

It is only natural that this boy is Ron Weasley, the youngest son of the Pureblood Weasley family, one of the original protagonist's golden trio.

The fact that he showed up here meant that the Weasleys stood firm as they did in the original, willing to be "blood traitors" and to betray their own class in order to support Dumbledore for the sake of justice.

The weeping, dark-haired boy known as Justin is Justin Finch-Fletchley, the Hufflepuff student who was petrified by the Basilisk in the second part of the series.

He, just like Jon, is also a Muggle student whose parents are of Muggle origin.

As for the other blonde boy and the girl

Just as Jon turned his gaze to Neville, Neville also turned his head to meet his eyes similarly.

With a smile on his face, Neville extended his hand.

"Hello, my name is Neville Longbottom, and I'm also a new student at Hogwarts this year. Sorry, Justine was in a bit of a bad mood just now, and we were comforting him."

Jon felt a slight pang in his heart, but on the surface, he calmly extended his hand and shook Neville's.

"That's fine, my name is Jon Green, just call me Jon."

"This is Justin Finch-Fletchley, this is Ron Weasley, and that girl is Lavender Brown, I guess there will be just the five of us going to be this year's freshmen at Hogwarts."

As Neville and Jon introduced each other, Ron and the rest of the group greeted Jon in turn, even Justin, who is still in a downbeat mood, greeted him with a "Nice to meet you."

"Are you brought in by Professor Potter?" Ron asked curiously.

Jon nodded.

"Yes, she's the one who brought me here."

"Well, then it doesn't look like they've managed to nab many students from the other Hogwarts this year." Ron shrugged and said, "Justine was brought in by Professor McGonagall this afternoon, and they only brought back the two of you."

Jon looked at Ron, and although he could guess the reason as to why he still asked with an air of curiosity.

"What about the three of you?"

"Me and Neville's family are members of the Order of the Phoenix and have always been with Dumbledore." Ron said with a wide grin, "According to the Ministry of Magic out there, the whole of our two families are wanted criminals, and from a young age we are destined to attend this Hogwarts at the age of eleven. Because there is no other wizarding school that could possibly even consider enrolling us."

"I am here because my father insisted on sending me here." Lavender said proudly, "He firmly believed that I could only get the best education here, and for that reason he even went as far as to take my mum with him and fled to Iceland, abandoning the family business in Britain!"

The name Lavender also rang a few bells in Jon's mind.

In the original story, she happened to be Ron's first girlfriend, but unfortunately, she didn't end up with a happy ending, dying in the mouth of the werewolf Fenrir Greyback at the Final Battle.

As for her bloodline, there is no way he would remember that much of a detail of a cannon fodder character, but from what she said, he could tell that at least her father is a wizard.

Jon felt at once that the combination of the four freshmen he had enrolled with is quite interesting.

He and Justin are muggle students brought back from the outside by their professors, Ron and Neville are both purebloods by root, and Lavender is most likely a half-blood.

There are only five freshmen here, but they have gathered all the various classes of the magical community together at the moment.

And Justin, who clearly sensed that Jon is the one with the most similar experience to his, blinked and asked.

"Were you also brought here after your mum and dad had their memories wiped?"

Jon could quite understand his desire to find someone in this strange place who shared a similar circumstance to his own so that it would be somewhat of a psychological boost, but unfortunately, they didn't share the same circumstances.

"I was taken from an orphanage by Professor Potter and grew up without parents, so I don't really feel that bad about it."

The way Justine looked at him turned pitiful all of a sudden.

After all, he still has had a family once before he lost it today, while Jon has never had one since he was a baby, and he is obviously worse off than he is.

"Look at it like this, there's nothing wrong with being an orphan, at least it's not sad and hard at a time like thi..."

Before Ron could finish his sentence, Neville slapped him on the back and interrupted his blabbering, all the while looking over at Jon with an apologetic face.

"Sorry Jon, he always talks like that without paying attention, Ron's intention was not to mock you."

Ron, after Neville's reminder, realised at this point that what he had said without thinking about it was pretty vague and immediately apologised with an embarrassed smile as well.

"I'm sorry Jon, I didn't mean it that way."

Of course, Jon didn't care much about this matter, he shook his head with a smile and said "it's okay", and Lavender opened her mouth with gusto and redirected the conversation elsewhere.

It was only while they were talking that Jon without drawing any attention from anyone else, looked deeply at Neville.

The polite, generous, attentive and gentle boy in front of him seemed a far cry from the timid and cowardly Gryffindor from the original story.

---------------

#Mathias Zink, Thanks for all your love and support.

Read advance chapters on Patreon. If you have some extra pocket money, Support me at Patreon: www.patreon.com/Crazy_Cat.

Happy Reading!!!

54