Chapter 16 – Heaven’s Ward
2.5k 4 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Well then, I will prepare all the documents. What do you want to do, Rei?”

“I will walk around the area, Ami. Thanks for giving me a job.”

“Don’t worry. See you later, Rei.” Ami waved her hand and walked away ahead of me.

I stood silently in front of the store for a moment as I watched her leave. When I couldn’t see her anymore, my smile fell from my face as I swiped my hair back.

“Now then…”

‘Ami has finally left me alone. I now have time to be alone. I don’t know why she took me to this place if she wanted to make me a Secretary, but… Well, let’s not think about a useless thing. More importantly…’

“Let’s see my points and allocate some of them into my lifespan,” I muttered as I walked away from the store and fiddled with the Upgrade Shop.

I had calmed down and could think clearly now. Knowing you could die if I didn’t drink a girl’s milk didn’t make me feel better. I was like a frog in a well.

“Thinking about it, it’s funny how I made those stupid decisions because I was so desperate. Staying with Ami is nice, but I would like to have a nice home and maybe invite my mother to live in this city after I cure her disease.”

My goal in this life was only to survive. I still felt responsible for what I did to Ami, and I wanted to pay her back too, for essentially saving my life. If she didn’t find me in that alleyway at that time, I would be dead already.

“But her obsession and her family are strange. I… kinda like her now, but I can’t depend on one girl to survive. She’s cooperating, but who knows when she will snap? There is also Rena…”

Thinking about that girl sent a shiver down my spine. I hugged my body and looked back as I felt a gaze penetrating from behind.

“L-let's not talk about that girl. She’s a bit strange in the head. But she sure gave me a lot of points. It’s 1938 now, thanks to her.”

As I’ve said before, the Yomemiya family was a bit strange. I would work as Ami’s secretary for now to get money. That was my plan from the beginning since I moved to this city.

‘I also need to upgrade my power.’

I continued to allocate my points as my feet moved in the direction I was familiar with.

To be safe, I added 7D to my lifespan, cranking it up from 2D to 9D 16H.

Then, I continued. This time, I was eyeing to upgrade a superpower and a skill. This would prove to be useful in the long run.

“Let’s upgrade it.”

I bought the upgrade for 1000 points, leaving me with a measly 238 points for insurance. The superpower I upgraded was Liquid Manipulation, and the skill I upgraded was the Milking Room.

[Purchase Successful! F-Rank Liquid Manipulation upgraded to E-Rank Liquid Manipulation.]

[Purchase Successful! Milking Room upgraded to Level 2! Duration increased from 30 minutes to 45 minutes. The cooldown has been reset due to the upgrade.]

The duration of the Milking Room increased from 30 to 45 minutes, and the cooldown was reset. But I had no idea the difference between an F-rank superpower and an E-rank superpower.

“Only one way to find out.” I stopped my feet as I arrived at my destination. It was the gym that I visited yesterday. “Let’s try out this Liquid Manipulation. After that… I think I need to visit some shady place.”

***

“Fuu…”

I let out a sigh as I sat in the lounge of the gym again. I had finished trying all my superpowers. Honestly, the difference between F-rank and E-rank was really obvious.

I also tried something earlier. It was about the fire that covered my hand when I faced the 3 thugs and got scared a little bit due to Ami saying they were E-rank Villains.

It turned out that my physical ability and concentration influenced my superpower. When I used the Physical Enhancement, my F-rank Fire Manipulation could cover my whole fist, but I still couldn’t shoot it at my enemy. But when I didn’t use Physical Enhancement, I would only be able to create a small fire.

I tested the Liquid Manipulation next. I was able to move a cup of liquid with my usual E-rank superpower. But when I used Physical Enhancement, I was able to move around 1 liter of liquid. That was amazing.

Obviously, I also tried to see how strong I was in the gym using a bench press. Without Physical Enhancement, I was able to lift 80KG weights, albeit a bit hard. But with F-rank physical Enhancement, I was able to lift around 90KG.

The most obvious improvement could be seen when I tested my grip strength. Without and with PE activated could be seen clearly in numbers. It was 60 against 66, an increment of 10%. That was why I concluded that F-rank Physical Enhancement increased my physical ability by 10%.

“That’s already a lot. They say E-rank is 2 times better than F-rank, and D-rank is 2 times better than E-rank.” I muttered, drinking the clear water I got from the shop. “That’s settled then. I really need to drink more milk than what I drink now if I want to have a nice life.”

I stood up and stretched my sore body. I had already showered and rested. It was enough. Then, it was time.

“Let’s find another girl on the street. Who cares about being a Hero or Villain? I will take them all. It is for my survival, for my own sake.” I mumbled alone and walked out of the gym.

Right, I was a selfish guy. I would become one even if the world didn’t agree with me.

They rejected me, so I shouldn’t care about them. I would only care about those close to me, the girls that were willing to stay with me. Of course, I already thought of Ami as one of them. That was why I listened to her these past two days, but I should say my opinion to her after this.

I believed she would appreciate me too; she said so herself.

“Let’s go to District 2, then. More Villains and Heroes are in that District compared to a peaceful District 1. Meaning, there will be a lot of good superpowers too.”

My Milking Room was ready. I was confident I was able to get one or two girls with my Snake Eyes without getting hurt as long as I didn’t make a stupid decision again.

***

To get to district 2, I needed to take a train for 2 hours. The train ride was a bit cheap, only $5, because the government purposely lowered the price so people could travel easily. I arrived at the train station in District 2, in a city called Mai City, a city developed for one purpose only: entertainment.

“Woah, there are more people here compared to Solace City,” I exclaimed as I stood in front of the station, looking around the area.

“There are more billboards and fancy buildings too. No wonder the crime rate in this city is higher than any city in District 1. This city screams ‘please rob us!’ from the buildings alone. Now then, let’s find someone in need of my assistance.” I began walking down the street while looking around.

Thanks to my Snake Eyes, I could estimate a girl’s strength just by looking at them. It was a rather cheating ability, but it would not help me to get ladies. However, the other effect of Snake Eyes was enough to help me to get the girl if I wanted to.

I tried my best not to go to a shady place such as an alleyway or quiet street alone. I learned from my experience that I shouldn’t act brave if I wasn’t confident to do something. I would only seek death in that case.

Surprisingly, I found a lot of girls with superpowers. I didn’t spot any Heroes yet, maybe because I was in a place filled with police officers standing here and there to guard the street.

Some of those police officers were girls. From my estimation, most of them had a D-rank superpower. I used Ami as a base of power, as her superpower was C-rank, right in the middle of the ranking.

Then I arrived at the place that I wanted to visit. I stopped on my track in front of a street entrance and looked up at the sign hanging between two buildings.

“Here it is.” I looked at the sign and read it in a low voice. “Heaven’s Ward.”

This was a place where an adult had fun. I noticed some Heroes walking down the street of this Heaven’s ward in their bodysuits. Most of them were burly and muscular men, which I had no interest in. I only held an interest in girls.

‘It doesn’t matter whether they are Heroes or Villains. As long as they want to do it with me and can be affected by Snake Eyes, then either is fine.’

“I must get stronger and get a lot of money. That way, I won’t need to depend on Ami and can have an equal relationship with her. Though if she wants to be dominated, that’s fine with me too.”

My train of thought had changed a little, or maybe a lot after I got my System. I put my survival on top of my list and money on the second of my list now. Power was listed after money, as I could run fine with my Milking Room, but it wouldn’t hurt to get stronger.

This Heaven’s Ward was a perfect place to find the girl I was searching for. The security here was a bit lacking, but still good due to the Heroes patrolling around.

Not all Heroes took their jobs properly, however. The Heroes in Heaven’s Ward were those who could be swayed by money; hence a villain could still enter the area.

It was a win-win relationship for them. The Heroes got money, and the villains got a pass to have fun in this Ward. That was why this place was perfect.

“Some villains are girls who love gambling. I will target them for today.”

Then I entered the Ward, walking down the street that was smaller than the main one. Although I said small, it could still fit 6 people standing side by side, so it wasn’t that small.

I put my hands in my pocket, holding my wallet and phone so they wouldn’t be gone when I realized it. I went to a place in my mind. Before I went to pick up on girls, I needed to have money.

There was a place perfect to increase the $200 that I had to a lot more. I now had a cheat called Milking Room, after all.

Stopping in front of the place I had in mind, I looked at the neon light that decorated the building and smiled. This place was a casino.

“Let’s do this.”

I entered the establishment and was greeted by a pink-haired girl in a sexy bunny suit. Her cleavage was exposed as she bent over and smiled.

“Welcome to First Roll! Is this your first time?”

My eyes widened a little when I saw her, and I couldn’t answer her greeting.

No, it wasn’t her large breasts and sexy cleavage that stopped me. It was because I felt she was a bit stronger than Ami. At that moment, I knew that I had found a perfect target for today.

‘She’s perfect.’

Support me in my patreon: www.patreon.com/marudeossan
I have advanced chapters and polls to decide the scene there!

Join my discord: https://discord.gg/4E4qgYrCrZ

64