Chapter 112: Igniting Nidavellir
2.6k 6 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 112: Igniting Nidavellir

Hearing what Benjamin said, the dwarf merely gave him a sideglance and sighed.

“If you’re here to play, go play somewhere else..”

“Well, I supposed I’ll restart your star first before we talk.”

Benjamin shrugged and began to think how to light up the star again.

With his current capabilities, he can actually think of multiple ways to do so.

One, to do it the same way Thor did in the movies. Benjamin was confident he could replicate it and also not get burned to a crisp.

Two, he could use the power of Nature to basically ‘reverse’ the dying process of the star. Currently, the star isn’t actually completely dead. It still has some fire in it but is slowly diminishing.

Benjamin thought that he could ignite it again with Nature’s power, considering that stars were also a part of Nature.

Of course, this was just a thought and he wasn’t completely sure he could do it. Although Benjamin is considered a God of Nature, his authority on Nature may not be high enough to restart a star.

He is still far from controlling Nature the same way Death governs over Death.

Three, another way was to use the Necklace of One. Benjamin hadn’t used it for a while since there was no need but with the word ‘Ignite’ or something, he could use its magic to reignite the star.

Four, he could use the Reality Stone to just will it to light up again.

But all those options are boring!

Benjamin thought of something and wondered…will Hellfire work on Nidavellir?

Will the whole structure turn into bones or something?

Benjamin wanted to try it!

As for wether Hellfire could transform something as big as a star…well, it should be fine if he were to use the Soul Stone to amplify it!

Eh? Consent from the dwarves? It’s fine!

Benjamin stopped thinking about it as he was terribly curious how Nidavellir would look like with Hellfire.

The Infinity Crown lit up with an orange hue as he used the power of the Soul Stone.

Then, Benjamin’s head started to burn.

His skin and flesh turned to ash as he was left with a flaming skull with a golden crown.

Selene and the dwarves’s eyes widened in shock and confusion as they watched this scene.

The next moment, the flames from Benjamin spread out like shockwaves from under his feet.

As the fire traveled, the floor began to transform into what looks like a dark metal. The pillars turned into bones, the furnaces into huge burning skulls…all in all, the surroundings turned into what looked like an evil lair of a Demon King!

When the Hellfire reached the core of the star, the whole star burst into orange flames at first before slowly turning into blue flames.

Nidavellir was now…Hell Nidavellir!

Benjamin, still in flaming skull mode, laughed in amusement. However his laugh turned into an eerie laugh, sending chills down everyone’s spine.

“There! I’ve restarted your star!”

“...”

The dwarves were speechless.

Selene was also speechless. This was her first time seeing Benjamin in this form.

Her eyes lit up.

So handsome!

…It seemed that it had awakened something in her…

Not knowing what Selene was thinking, Benjamin continued talking to the dwarves.

“Well? How is it? Can you forge now?”

“...”

The dwarves still can’t snap out of it!

What…happened to our forges…!?

At this moment, two figures appeared. It was the two Deaths, Mors and Mara.

Mors looked at the surroundings in amazement.

“Ben, you…really think of doing the wildest things…”

“To think you would transform a star like this…as expected of our husband!”

The two Deaths smiled.

For some reason, they felt very relaxed in this place.

They could feel the aura of Death all over the place even though no one was dead.

In simpler terms, they felt as if they were in their natural habitat!

“Oh, glad you two liked it.”

Benjamin chuckled.

Selene glanced at the two Deaths and felt a shiver crawl down her spine.

They’re dangerous!

Her whole body seemed to be screaming that.

Mara noticed her as well and seemed to have remembered something.

“Come to think of it, Mors has Hela as maid while I still don’t have one. I see this girl is quite adept at dark magic, she can be my maid then.”

“Huh?”

Selene was confused.

Maid? Was she talking about her?

Benjamin was also a bit speechless.

Do they really need to have a maid?

Benjamin smiled wryly and shook his head.

He knew that this was just a case of ‘since Mors has one, I want one too’.

Benjamin decided to introduce the two to Selene first.

When Selene learned their identities, her face paled and she felt even more afraid!

What the fuck!? These two are the physical entity of Death!?

And the biggest surprise to her was that Benjamin actually dared to fuck both!

He’s simply courting death!...Literally!

Is he not afraid of death!?...No wait, they are Death in the first place…this is too confusing!

Selene couldn’t wrap her head around the idea of Death having a physical form and the fact that Benjamin fucked Death. Two of them at that!

Also, Death wanted her to be a maid!?

Selene began to think.

From now on, she’ll be known as Selene, the Maid of Death!...Well, it’s not so bad?

No matter what, this is such a big background! She won’t have to worry about her future!

…Besides, she feels that if she refuses, she might die.

As if reading her mind, Mara commented with a smile.

“Relax, you can refuse if you want. Although I’ll kill you once, I’ll bring you back to life again so don’t worry.”

“...”

So you’ll still kill me once!?

Selene no longer hesitated.

“Master! This maid is at your service!”

“Good choice!”

Mara nodded in satisfaction.

While the two started to chat, Benjamin turned back to the dwarves.

“Have you guys snapped out yet?”

“Y-yes…but umm…will our forge now be like this permanently?”

“Ah, no. It will return to its previous state after I deactivate my power. At that point, I’ll just ignite it normally. I was just curious to see how it will look this way and how it will affect your forge.”

The dwarves sighed in relief.

One of the dwarves then stepped forward.

“Our hands are still crippled. However, we will do our best to forge your weapon. Tell us, what kind of weapon do you want?”

“Oh, I forgot your hands. Here, take these.”

Benjamin tossed them a bunch of Medium Recovery Pills to heal their hands.

Soon, their hands were back to normal and good as new!

“To think that you’d also return our hands to us…my lord, you are our benefactor! We shall build a statue in your image for us to worship!”

“Uhh, no need for that…”

Benjamin felt awkward and refused but it seemed the dwarves weren’t listening.

Benjamin sighed and turned to Selene.

“Anyway, I don’t need a weapon so I was wondering if you guys can make her something instead.”

“Me?”

Selene was surprised.

She was initially just here to tag along but now she suddenly became Death’s maid and now she’s getting a weapon crafted by the greatest smiths in all the nine realms!?

“Yeah. I don’t need it anyway.”

Benjamin shrugged.

He already has tons of weapons on him so he really doesn’t need a new one.

Just the Necrosword alone was already enough for him.

“Well…in that case, rather than a weapon, how about a helmet? Something that can boost my mental powers and also protect me from mental attacks.”

Benjamin looked at Selene curiously.

“Was that why you were eyeing Proxima’s helmet?”

“No, I was genuinely curious why her helmet was that shape and it was still on my mind so I just thought of it…”

“Ah, it doesn’t really have to be a helmet either. I don’t want a full helmet that covers my whole head too.”

The dwarf nodded.

“In that case, will a crown do?”

“Crown?”

Selene blinked for a bit then turned to look at Benjamin whose head was a flaming skull with a crown.

Usually the Infinity Crown is hidden by Benjamin but this time, he felt it would look cool to show it so he undid the invisibility spell on it.

Seeing the crown on Benjamin, Selene quickly nodded.

“Yes! A crown is good!”

At the sides, Mors and Mara looked at each other knowingly.

“Hey, I don’t think she’s in the group chat yet?”

“Seems we need to add her too.”

Benjamin heard the two and was speechless once more.

 

61