Chapter 1: Ultimate Marvel System!
11.9k 15 277
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1: Ultimate Marvel System!

Inside a certain hospital, a man can be seen lying on the bed unmoving, seemingly dead.

However, the lines jumping up and down seen from the screen of the equipment beside him proved otherwise.

There was no one else in the room other than him. It was completely silent. Only the rhythmic beeping sound could be heard from the equipment.

But this wasn't the case inside the man's mind.

In his mind, an echo of a voice could be heard. He wasn't sure if it was a man's or a woman's voice.

Nevertheless, the words it told him were enough to shock him awake!

[Congratulations to the host for successfully transmigrating to Marvel World!]

[Ultimate Marvel System has been unlocked!]

[To commemorate the occasion, the host has received 500 Marvel Points and Super Soldier Serum (Refined)!]

!!!???

Benjamin woke up with a start. The voices he heard were still ringing in his ears.

He wondered if he was still dreaming or something.

Then, he realized something...he's alive!

Benjamin quickly glanced at his own body. Touching it here and there to make sure everything was intact and that there wasn't anything out of place.

Finally, he pulled on his pants and took a look.

"Whew, fortunately, everything is still in place."

Only now did he look at his surroundings.

"This is...the hospital?"

Suddenly, the door opened and someone stepped into the room.

Benjamin took a look at the sudden visitor and saw a man enter.

From the door, a middle-aged man wearing a white coat appeared. This man was obviously a doctor.

The doctor had already spoken to him.

"You're awake. Eyes up."

"Eh?"

Taken by surprise, Benjamin let out a weird sound while the doctor grabbed his chin and pulled it up, making their eyes meet.

He then took out a small flashlight and lightly shone it on his eyes to check up on him.

"Open up."

"Ahh?"

Without a choice, the doctor had already pulled his mouth open and continued to look.

Afterward, he nodded his head and took out a small piece of paper and wrote on it.

"Well, overall, your condition looks good and healthy. Next time, just look carefully on the road."

"Eh? Ah...that...what happened to me?"

Benjamin was a bit overwhelmed to be suddenly checked up by a doctor without understanding the situation so he couldn't help but ask.

"You don't remember? Well, I guess slight amnesia could indeed be an effect. After all, you suddenly tripped and hit your head pretty hard on the ground. But it should be temporary. Just rest for a few days and you should be able to remember everything."

Hearing this, Benjamin can't help but be more confused.

Didn't I die? How come he says it as if I just tripped while walking around? Wait no, that’s exactly what he just said...

The doctor didn't give him any time to think and pushed a piece of paper on him.

"These are the medicines you can take for the next week which could help with your condition. Alright, you can go now. Head to the reception to be discharged."

"Uh...that...do I have to pay?"

Just now, he had felt his pockets and found his wallet with his ID but there was no money inside.

"Hm? Oh, right. The guys who carried you here took the money in your wallet and paid with it already."

"..."

Since it was like that, he can only sigh and leave the room.

After heading to the reception to get discharged, Benjamin found himself sitting in the lobby, completely at a loss.

He was thinking of various things that had happened.

Just now, there was no time to think at all and it was only now that he could focus.

When he took his ID in his wallet just now, he found that his name was the same but the picture on the ID was completely different.

Since the ID was a driver's license, which is a government ID, it would be illegal to create a false ID for it...so this should be a genuine ID.

At this moment, he passed by a window and saw a reflection of himself for the first time since waking up. He found that his looks were completely different from before and is the same as the one shown on his ID!

First of all, he looked younger. And the age on his ID also proved this point. He was actually 25 years old! It was the age when a teenager is slowly becoming an adult!

This shouldn't be the case! He should be about 40 years old now!

At least, that's what Benjamin thought.

Another thing was his hair. It was actually platinum blonde! This kind of showy hair color was really something that made Benjamin speechless!

He just doesn't know if this was natural or dyed…

His eyes were also blue instead of black.

Overall, his appearance is actually quite handsome but he still can't believe it quite yet.

Suddenly, he remembered the voice in his head a while ago.

Something about...a system?

[Yes?]

!?

Benjamin was shocked and hurriedly looked around him, as if looking where the voice came from.

[Stop looking, I'm in your head.]

...Uhh...System?

[Well, you can call me that.]

There really is a voice! He wasn't dreaming about it!

All of a sudden, Benjamin was excited.

He has read a lot of novels with systems. Naturally, he knew the significance of it!

System, you mentioned something about transmigrating a while ago? Am I not on the same earth I was before?

[Technically, you are still on Earth. Just in a different parallel world.]

You're saying...like the multiverse theory?

Benjamin asked, still excited at the thought.

[You can think of it like that. This is a parallel world which you can call the Marvel world.]

By Marvel...you mean…!?

[Right! The world where Iron Man, Captain America, Spiderman, and the rest exist!]

Benjamin's eyes went wide and his jaw nearly dropped to the floor.

If it wasn't for all the looks people gave him, he would be jumping in excitement right now.

Of course, who wouldn't be!?

This is Marvel! Ah! Iron Man! Captain America! Benjamin wonders, would he see them in person in the future!?

Although Benjamin is quite old inside, he suddenly feels like a kid again. Growing up, he used to read Marvel comics and also watched Marvel movies. It was natural for a normal man to dream of becoming someone special and the Marvel world is simply full of these special people.

Benjamin suppressed the excitement he is feeling right now and continued to ask.

System, can you explain your functions?

[Very well. Since the host had asked, I shall give the host a summary of what this System can do!]

Benjamin thought he saw an illusion that the System sounded a bit prideful.

[First, this System has a currency called Marvel Points. With MP, you can use it to either upgrade your skills, buy from the Store, or draw a Gacha!]

[Store: Needless to say, you can buy a lot of Marvel and other stuff here. From small gadgets to medicines to equipment and weapons, skills, etc. Everything is available!]

[Gacha: This thing is like a lottery. Consumes 1000 MP per draw! Items won can be bought in the Store. Bring out your inner gambler!]

[Inventory: The System can also help you store things! Be grateful! Limit? The System has no limit!]

[Quests: From time to time, the System will generate quests for you to complete. Naturally, complete it and you will be rewarded with MP and items! Fail and you will be penalized!]

[Quests can be broken down into Main, Side, Emergency, Hidden, and Miscellaneous Quests! I don't think the host would not understand with just these names so this System won't explain further.]

After it had said all this, Benjamin waited for a while but found that the System had gone silent.

"Eh? System, where's the Status?"

[This System has no Status! I think the host has read too many novels! Don’t compare this System to fiction!]

...

277