Chapter 100: Benjamin’s Lackeys
1.9k 7 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN: 100th chapter!

Sorry for the delay, had some stuff to do last weekend. I'll try to post another chapter tomorrow or Friday, then another on the weekend.

That's all, enjoy!

----------------

Chapter 100: Benjamin’s Lackeys

After a period of rest, Benjamin continued to train Silk.

At some point, another person appeared. It was Kaine.

Seeing him, Benjamin figured he might as well train him as well but like Silk, he was too proud and arrogant to accept it.

The result was…Benjamin gained another lackey.

Currently, Benjamin stood in the middle of the room with both hands in his pockets while Silk and Kaine tried to get close to him. However, countless symbiote tentacles as well as several other powers constantly activated around Benjamin, forcing them back.

Occasionally, he would look at one of them and activate his newly acquired power, Laser Eyes, to shoot bright red energy beams from his eyes.

Caught off-guard, Silk frantically dodged and backfliped to create some more distance.

“What the fuck is that!? Are you a robot or something!?”

“Haha, I haven’t even shown half of what I can do, don’t get surprised now.”

“...What a monster…”

Kaine’s eyelid twitched as he muttered.

“I heard that.”

Benjamin rolled his eyes and shot another energy beam at Kaine this time.

Time passed and soon, another person appeared.

“Hey, it’s time for dinn…er…what happened here?”

Gwen looked at Silk and Kaine who were sprawled on the ground and Benjamin standing quite relaxed in the middle.

It feels like she missed something interesting.

Benjamin just chuckled and tossed two Small Recovery Pills to the two.

“Eat it, it will heal you back up.”

Silk groaned first and looked at the pill, then at Benjamin.

After sighing, she took the pill.

As for wondering if it was poison? Is there still a need to harm her in such a roundabout way?

Seeing Silk take it, Kaine looked at his pill and also tossed it into his mouth.

Soon, they felt refreshed and the tiredness was immediately gone.

After taking the pill, they both stood up and followed behind Benjamin.

Gwen still looked at them in surprise.

What happened? Why are the two problem spiders following him so obediently?

However, after thinking that it was Benjamin, it felt like it made sense so she just shrugged.

In the canteen, Benjamin saw a wide variety of Spider People gathered in groups over the tables as they chat amongst themselves.

This sight was still something that he needed to get used to…

“Capt Freed! Over here!”

An energetic voice called out to him. It was the Peter of his world.

With him were Leah, MJ, one of the Miles, and the other Gwen.

Regarding the two Miles, Benjamin figured that one of them was the PS4 Miles and the other was the Miles from the movie, Into the Spider-Verse. Benjamin just decided to call that one movie Miles for simplicity’s sake.

The other Gwen was naturally from that world as well and will be called movie Gwen while the Gwen he knew before will be just Gwen.

Benjamin walked towards them with the others.

“Capt! You can’t believe it! I met so many of me! But at the same time, different from me!”

Peter started to talk excitedly as if he only just arrived here.

Benjamin rolled his eyes at him.

“Peter, that’s kinda the point of the multiverse.”

“That’s not it. You don’t get it. Look, there’s like, a me that’s a lego! There’s also one that looks like a Japanese anime! And oh! Look at that one! It’s a me that looks straight out of a comic book!”

Peter pointed at one of the passing Spider-Men behind them.

Seeing him point, Gwen and the others quickly tried to stop him.

“No no no don’t!”

However, it was too late.

The comic Spider-Man saw Peter pointing at himself and pointed back.

“Did you just point at me? How rude!”

“What? No that’s not- wait, you’re also pointing at me!”

“You pointed at me first!”

“Stop pointing at me and then saying it’s rude to point!”

“Dude, did you just point at him?”

“What? Why are you pointing at me too?”

At first, it was just two of them, then another one joined in, then from there, it began to spread like a virus as everyone started pointing at each other…

Even Silk and Kaine had unknowingly joined in after two Spider-Men shoved their fingers at their face.

Annoyed, they started shouting while pointing back at them.

Leah also joined in, laughing happily while pointing at everyone.

Gwen sighed and facepalmed.

“Great, this again…”

On the other hand, Benjamin was speechless.

Was the meme from his original world so powerful that it became an actual phenomenon across the multiverse?

Meanwhile, MJ thought it looked funny and quickly took a picture with her phone.

On the picture was a dumbfounded Benjamin in the middle, surrounded by Spider People pointing at each other.

This picture will definitely be front-page material!

The whole pointing incident finally calmed down after Cosmic Spider-Man intervened and stopped everyone from pointing at each other.

Only then did Benjamin and the others finally sit down to eat dinner.

While eating, Peter asked.

“So Capt. What’s the plan?”

“Plan? Didn’t Captain Universe Peter say we’ll discuss it tomorrow?”

Movie Miles asked.

Peter blinked.

“Oh…right. I forgot.”

Benjamin smiled wryly.

He knew that Peter was used to following him and not others so he naturally assumed that he would lead them.

Benjamin shook his head.

“Don’t think too much about it. We don’t know much about the Inheritors yet and where they are in the multiverse.”

“We do.”

Kaine answered.

“Oh?”

Benjamin turned to him, urging him to continue.

“We know where the homeworld of the Inheritors is. However, that place it too heavily fortified so we haven’t been able to do anything.”

Kaine grumbled.

Silk also clicked her tongue in annoyance.

Benjamin nodded.

“Then that makes things simpler.”

“Huh?”

“Tomorrow, I’ll go and pay them a visit.”

“...”

Everyone was speechless.

Why do you sound like you’re going to visit a friend’s house or something?

Although he made it sound easy, Benjamin wasn’t planning on letting his guard down.

He wasn’t worried about the Inheritors, but other beings in that world.

Whether it is another world’s Death, another world’s Galactus, or another world’s Beyonder…those beings might intervene if he were to recklessly meddle in this.

He hasn’t forgotten how the System acted before, seemingly foreshadowing a great danger if he were to meddle in this affair.

It seems I need to prepare a lot more tonight.

Benjamin thought to himself while glancing at his System interface, showing the hundreds of millions of MP he has.

He has been saving it, hoping to reach 10 trillion to get another System Infinity Stone, and also since he has a lot of redundant powers from doing gacha and not getting any good one for a while.

Having such bad luck and always getting Untainted Symbiote in the 10 pulls Guaranteed Red rarity and no Gold rarity for a long time made him stop pulling for a while.

Now, however, knowing that he might be facing something dangerous enough for the System to raise a flag, Benjamin has decided to go all in!

So what if my luck is bad!? If I pull a thousand times, there’s bound to be something good at least once!

I don’t believe I’ll get repeat drops all the way!

Unaware of Benjamin’s thoughts, Peter protested.

“Capt! I’m coming too! I’ll just tag along and beat up the stragglers behind you!”

“I’m coming too! I need to cover the whole story!”

MJ added.

Benjamin chuckled at the two.

“Fine fine. Don’t stray too far from me when the time comes.

“Copy that!”

Peter saluted exaggeratedly while MJ just rolled her eyes at Peter.

Movie Gwen nudged at Gwen.

“Hey, say something to them will you? This is nuts!”

“Huh?”

Gwen snapped out of it and remembered.

“Oh! Hey! I’m coming too!”

“...”

Movie Gwen was speechless.

Gwen just shrugged at her.

“Don’t worry about it. Since Capt’s taking action, this is pretty much dealt with. All that’s left is to tag along and join in the fun.”

“...”

Movie Gwen opened her mouth to say something but didn’t know where to start.

As for Silk and Kaine, they just looked at each other and decided.

“I’m going too!”

“Me too.”

Movie Miles looked at them in confusion.

Why are they also tagging along with this? They know full well how dangerous this is!

However, Silk and Kaine didn’t care.

They just wanted revenge.

Also, remembering Benjamin’s power, they were filled with excitement.

After all, unlike Captain Universe who can only be powerful in his own universe, Benjamin…can remain powerful even in other worlds!

They weren’t able to see even half of what he was capable of…so what does Benjamin’s full power look like?

Silk and Kaine can’t wait to see it.

Besides…they’re Benjamin’s lackeys now.

If Benjamin goes, doesn’t his lackeys also need to follow?

If the others could hear what they were thinking, they would be even more speechless.

94