Chapter 004 : Arrival
363 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Back?" Lady Yielliath asked while looking at a small piece of crystalline material in her dainty palm, making Kilure do a double take in slight surprise.

"You retrieved the exhausted power crystal?" Kilure asked. The Reliant Dawn didn't hold facilities that would allow them to recharge the crystal so it wasn't useful to them at all.

"Yes, the natives of this world... humanity. They use power sources harmful to themselves and their home world. If we wish to remain here undisturbed, I'll give them a gift." Lady Yielliath spoke while tossing the crystal on to a hastily generated table made by Kilure.

"While it isn't useful to us any longer, the remnant power in the crystal can, at the rate of human energy expenditure last them a while." Kilure said and Lady Yielliath nodded and gave Kilure a look.

"I know I left discretion of negotiations to you, but why do I have to meet them?" Kilure blinked innocently and gave Lady Yielliath a look that said she didn't understand the question.

"Fine, remain mysterious. Help me choose an attire." Lady Yielliath ignored Kilure and changed focus. Kilure was excellent in all ways except she didn't seem to enjoy letting Lady Yielliath remain idle.

"Yes Lady." Kilure generated several outfits, and after an hour of debating back and forth, Kilure decided to agree that although Ieln'ai clothing weren't very human looking, they did have aesthecis that human clothing didn't have.

"My Noble attire, seriously?" Lady Yielliath asked with a slight groan, almost imperceptible to anyone but Kilure who nodded and began to speak.

"My Lady's Noble attire was made with your beauty and safety in mind. If my Lady Yielliath wore this, not only will it encompass your beauty magnificently, it will-" Kilure found herself enjoying Lady Yielliath's slightly embarrassed expression.

"Fine, stop talking." Lady Yielliath said and resigned herself to wearing the outfit. Even the previous Lady Yielliath didn't wear the attire often unless she was on official business.

In a few moments, Lady Yielliath's clothes were changed to a mainly white outfit, with overlapping black sections that appeared to be armor but covered such a small part it appeared to be more aesthetically pleasing than anything else.

"Wake my security detail and ensure their stasis chambers aren't leaking air." Lady Yielliath saw Kilure flicker and sighed when the AI didn't leave but split herself to carry out the tasks.

"They'll be ready in a minute. Will we take weapons?" Kilure didn't consider humans kinetic weapons a threat. Even Lady Yielliath's Noble Attire didn't stand a chance of being breached by such weak weapons.

"Yes, just for deterence though?" Kilure gave Lady Yielliath a nod and conveyed her command to those who guarded Lady Yielliath and then idled for another hour while prepping Lady Yielliath's personal transport ship.

"We should head over now." Kilure said and a small crystal floated out of the ceiling of the bridge and Kilure blinked as she switched herself to the projection crystal to accompany Lady Yielliath.

"Your personal transport ship has already been repaired of minor damages. Your personal detail is waiting in the hangar." Kilure chimed in as Lady Yielliath maneuvered through the hallways, some with flickering lights that reminded her of how badly the Reliant Dawn impacted.

"Lady!" When she entered the hangar, several hundred meters of neatly lined ships, some more damaged than others, her personal detail bowed to her respectfully, their combat armor aside from the ship, was probably more futuristic than anything she'd seen discounting Kilure.

The armor was dark and glossy, with four places on the helmet that covered their entire head that gave off a light. There were three females and a male, but the armor unless someone was good at observation didn't reveal much.

The Ieln'ai used both a mixture of energy weapons and spacial weapons. Unlike projectile weapons, energy weapons used up more energy, but did more damage as well while spacial weapons locked on to coordinates in space and sent attacks through, bypassing most armor and defenses.

"Let's go." Kilure spoke as the fifteen meter long transport ship emitted a low hum as the engine started up. The entrance opened and the previously inaccessible entrance had a platform materialize.

"Ship ready for departure." When the Ieln'ai boarded the ship, Lady Yielliath watched as the previously enclosed hangar brightened and the several hundred meter long hangar now had an exit just as long but covered by a hazy blue barrier.

"Take off." Because the Ieln'ai were so particular about Nobility and such, the Ieln'ai often separated the Nobles from the rest. She had a section to herself and sat quietly as the ship lifted off and exited the hangar, the hundred meter long entrance vanished.

"You have the coordinates?" Kilure nodded and didn't use active cloaking on the ship, because although it would be easier, shocking the natives wasn't something she wanted to do.

Lady Yielliath played with the power crystal in her hands and looked out at the landscape sometimes covered with habitation and other times filled with urban centers.

...

"We have an unknown ship flying across the United States at twenty times the speed of sound in our direction!" Both the NASA Director and the Chief of Staff of the Air Force wanted to sigh at the disparity between the two species.

"The President is asking everyone to come out to greet our guests." An assistant guided all the various Secretaries and Directors to the field outside the White House and watched as a sleek silent ship hovered a few hundred meters in the air and then touched down in less than a few moments.

The President stepped forward and stiffened a bit when the ship's smooth exterior and a platform appeared, and two being in sleek black armor walked out, their weapons that appeared to be guns made the guns the soldiers of humanity had seem like obsolete trash.

Then after those in armor gave everyone a glance, a being followed and her clothes were so alien but matched her so well, it seemed to be normal. Her flowing hair was long, almost to the floor, and glowed with a hazy purple like her thick eyelashes.

Her eyes were purple, like glowing gems that glittered. Her features weren't human, but she was beautiful. She had pointy ears and a mark between her brows that none could decipher. Her skin was a warm chocolate color that matched both her hair and eyes perfectly.

"You must be the President. I've read the history of your country and find it very exciting." She said, although she was short and appeared young, her presence and the two more guards behind her made no one take her lightly.

"You must be Lady Yielliath, it's an honor to welcome you to our home world on behalf of humanity." The President extended a hand and saw a guard step forward but was waved back by Lady Yielliath as she took his hand lightly.

"You have a very nice home." Her hand was soft and seemed boneless, but the President didn't lose himself and took his hand back and watched Lady Yielliath look at the surroundings curiously.

9