Aftermath (1)
541 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The birds chirped as they welcomed the next day. 

The sun rose from the horizon and rays of light illuminated the bedroom.

Touma woke up to the sight of crimson hair scattered on his chest while feeling the warmth and softness on his right arm. He turned his head and saw Rias sleeping peacefully while using his arm as a pillow, burying it between her bonkers. 

He looked at the clock and saw that there were still a few hours remaining before breakfast, meaning he still had free time. 

Touma looked back at Rias ‘sleeping’ on his arm as his lips curled up. He leaned forward and pressed his lips against her forehead.

Rias’s body twitched slightly and a smile appeared on her lips.

Touma chuckled and then poked her nose causing Rias to giggle and open her eyes. 

“Good morning, Rias.” 

“Good morning…” Rias greeted back as she rubbed her eyes. Then a yawn escaped from her mouth before she made herself comfortable again on his chest. “So we are officially a couple now?”

Touma raised his eyebrow and embraced her within his arms.

“Are you really asking that after everything?” 

“What’s wrong with me asking this? I dislike being vague about our relationship.” Rias pouted and playfully poked his chest with her index finger. 

“Sorry, sorry, I was just joking. I also think the same, leaving the relationship vague generally acts as a bad omen for both parties. And that’s why, my answer to your question is…” Touma closed the distance between their faces and gave her a passionate kiss. “Yes.”

They kissed again and stopped when Touma pointed his finger towards the shower.

“We still have time, so why don’t we continue in the shower?” Rias nodded excitedly at his question. Then he carried Rias in bridal carry style, which made her giggle.

After the little session in the shower, they cleaned the bedroom and changed to new clothes. 

“Rias.” Touma called out his lover. “Today I am going to tell my parents about the supernatural.”

“Why so suddenly?” Rias raised an eyebrow and asked curiously. “Don’t misunderstand, I am not against it or anything like that, but why so suddenly?” 

“I thought it would be easier for us to do our activities without being afraid of being discovered. And also the fact I don’t feel comfortable using hypnosis on them when we can solve this with a simple talk.” 

Rias smiled fondly, feeling warmth in her chest as she saw her boyfriend's deep care for his family. 

“I don’t think they will react to it in an exaggerated manner, so rest assured.” Rias said as she put her palm above his. 

“Thank you.” Touma said. “Now let’s go down and have breakfast

Touma walked downstairs earlier than he usually did and decided to make breakfast for everyone.

Opening the fridge, he took out eggs, mushrooms, onions, ham, green onions and leftover rice.   

That’s right, he was going to make the iconic omurice. 

Due to his inhuman cooking abilities, the fragrance of the food spread throughout the house, forcing those who were sleeping to wake up and those who were already awake to drool at the scent.

It didn’t take too long for a series of footsteps to approach the kitchen. Several heads simultaneously popped up at the kitchen door, watching Touma attentively. 

“The breakfast will soon be ready, so why don’t you go prepare the table?” 

In the corner of his eye, Touma saw Koneko speeding through the cabinets and putting the spoons in place before anyone did anything.

‘Someone is hungry.’ Touma chuckled silently but didn’t say anything loud. 

Soon, everyone gathered at the table waiting for food. 

“Food is ready!” Touma said as he distributed the plates with omurice on them.

“They look amazing!” Asia praised and others nodded in agreement. 

“For some reason, I am losing confidence as your mother in terms of cooking.” Rika said with a fake cry as she ate the omurice. 

Touma smiled and didn’t say anything as he sat next to Rias. The atmosphere was lively which made their meals more enjoyable.

After the meal, Touma called his parents before they left.

“Mom, dad, I have something to tell you about.”

“Yes?” They both looked at each other in confusion, while wondering what their son had to say. 

“The truth is that…wait, showing you directly is a faster and easier way to explain than explaining in words.” Touma said and grabbed a cup. 

Under the curious gaze of his parents, Touma tossed the cup into the air. This action surprised them and out of human instinct, they jumped back and closed their eyes.

A second passed, two seconds passed and three seconds passed.

No matter how long they waited, the sound of glass breaking never reached their ears. Once they reopened their eyes, they saw the cup floating above what they could describe as a magic circle on the floor.

“Touma, this is…?”

“That’s what I wanted to tell you.” Touma caught the cup and dismissed the magic. “Magic is real and there is a supernatural side to the world. Dragons, gods, devils, angels and other mythical creatures are real and…”

Touma proceeded to explain the general knowledge of the supernatural world to his parents, giving more details about Japanese and Abrahamic pantheons, because they were more important at the moment.

“To think such beings walk among us…”

“Then…” Rika looked at Rias with a questioning gaze.

Rias obviously noticed the stare and smiled confidently.

“I am a high-class devil of Gremory pillar and they are part of my peerage.” Rias said as she unfolded her devil wings and her peerage followed alongside her.

Her action took the parents by surprise and this sparked their curiosity as they started to ask even more questions.

“…But son, how did you discover all of this?” Rika asked curiously and concerned.

Almost immediately, everyone’s attention was on him.

‘Now that I think about it, Touma never said how he got to learn about the supernatural side of the world while coming from a normal background!’ Rias thought as she listened attentively to his next words.

“It’s hard for me to put it together into words, but if I had to describe it, it would be that…one day, I suddenly woke up with fragments of memories that weren’t my own, knowledge that seemed foreign yet familiar to me.”

“That could be…a Spirit Carrier if I am not mistaken.” Rias said after a brief pause.

“What exactly is a Spirit Carrier? Is it harmful to my son?”

“There are some cases when the souls of ancient heroes are carried by beings and their influence on them usually manifests during their childhood, but that isn’t an absolute fact.” 

“Basically reincarnation but not exactly that either.” Akeno elaborated.

“Then which hero resides inside Touma?” 

At that question, they looked at Touma, waiting for an answer.

Meanwhile, the young man in question was accelerating his thoughts to give an appropriate answer.

‘Due to the gacha, I have to be careful with whose name I will say. And I already can foresee that feigning complete ignorance isn’t the best choice here either, so I will…’

“Actually, I think there are two spirits possessing me.” Touma said, which alerted them immediately. “The first one is Percival, one of the knights of the round table.”

“The Holy Knight of the Dove?” Rias asked, to which Touma nodded. “That is…unusual I have to say. The previous Spirit Carriers had some relation with their hero, like nationality or a Sacred Gear, but you aren’t British nor a Sacred Gear user.”

“Maybe it’s due to the second hero?” Akeno asked while tilting her head, but Touma shook his head.

“Unfortunately, I haven’t digested enough information to decipher his identity, but I can confirm that that person was a famous wizard when he was alive.”

‘I could get away with Percival, but Julius isn’t a historical figure that exists here, so I had to resort to this.’ Touma thought.

“Maybe Merlin?” Akeno asked from the side, which made Touma sweatdrop as he was reminded of Merlin from the nasuverse, but thankfully it went unnoticed by everyone.

“That would explain the origin of his powerful time-magic!” Rias said excitedly.

“…Maybe.” In the end, Touma didn’t deny or agree with her.

Then Touma revealed his relationship with Rias to everyone, which wasn’t really a surprise to everyone except for his parents, still, everyone congratulated them.

…………

In ORC’s room, an orange magic circle appeared on the floor and a blond girl with twin-tails appeared within it.

“Good morning miss Gremory and her peerage.” Ravel greeted them politely and then turned towards the only human in the room. “Also good morning to you, lord Touma. My elder brother is…ready to receive you.”

_________________________

A/N: Hello, long time no see :D 

 

25