Chapter – 2
305 8 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Why is my divine level one but my mortal level is hundred?”(Iona)

“One divine level is the same as hundred mortal levels. This is done to make sure mortals don’t come more powerful than gods. It usually takes a mortal at least eighty years of dedicated training if not more to reach level hundred and you start there.”(Nyta)

“So, I’m cheating then. People spend their entire lives getting there but all I have to do is exist.” (Iona)

“It’s your divine right you need this power to do your job effectively. The mortals only need it because they keep fighting each other. If they stopped fighting each other they could relax more and let us do our jobs properly.”(Nyta)

“Fine I will accept it for now. What do I have to do first?”(Iona)

“First I need to show you to where you will be staying.”(Nyta)

“I get my own room?”(Iona)

“You get more than your own room and when you gain power it will increase.”(Nyta)

I follow Nyta as she shows me to her room. With my new skills I have started walking with my back perfectly straight and a perfect stride for a maid.

We eventually reach what I assume is my room. Nyta opens the door and on the inside is a large room with a four-poster bed, a desk and chair and a wardrobe with large windows on one side. Nyta shows me around the room apart from the main room there are three rooms coming of off it. The first one is a bathroom, the second is a room designed for my duties as a goddess, and the third is a tea room.

“What do I do now?” (Iona)

“First get me some tea.” (Nyta)

I just tilt my head to the side in confusion.

“You’re a maid aren’t you? To level up you have to do something related to your domain. My office is next door over there is a hidden door to my office.”(Nyta)

She points to the wall where a door handle can be seen.

I give her a bow.

“Yes mistress.”(Iona)

“You don’t have to call me mistress.”(Nyta)

“But mistress if I were to call you by name I would not be a proper maid would I. There’s also a possibility that it will affect how fast I level up. Now go to your office and wait.”(Iona)

I walk over to the bow and open it and mistress Nyta walks out to her office. Now let's get started on that tea. Moving into the tearoom I look around at what I have. On one side there is a cabinet filled with every variety of tea you could think of. Next to the cabinet is another that contains tableware next to that is a cabinet containing teapots. In the centre of the room is a table for preparing the tea and at the end of the room is a fireplace.

What type of tea would mistress like? I will have to ask her later for now I will go with some earl grey tea. I move over to the fireplace and using magic I start a fire. How did I know how to use it? Maybe it is natural for gods to use magic like this. I fill a kettle with water and put it over the fire. While that is boiling I prepare everything else I put a tray on the table and move over to the cabinets I take out a teapot, a cup and saucer and a pot of sugar. After placing both on the tray I move over to the cabinet with the tea and take out the pot with the earl grey. Then using a teaspoon, I put some of the tea leaves in the teapot. After the water boiled, I poured the water into the teapot. I then place the tray on a trolley and push it towards the mistress’s office.

“Mistress I brought your tea.”(Iona)

“Thank you, Iona.”(Nyta)

“Would you like any sugar mistress?”(Iona)

“Two teaspoons please.”(Nyta)

I put the trolley next to the mistress’ desk. I pour the water into the teacup through a strainer I then add two teaspoons of sugar and stir it. Picking up the teacup and saucer I place them on the desk next to mistress.

“Thank you Iona.”(Nyta)

Ding

You have levelled up

“Status.”(Iona)

Name – Iona Yamanaka

 Gender – Female

 Race – goddess

 Job – Goddess of maids.

 Divine level – 2

 Mortal level – 200

 Stats – N/A

Skills – [Perfect maid] – [Unrivalled tea maker] – [unrivalled cleaner] – [maid blessing] 

 

So the experience only counts when I serve the tea to my mistress. So will it only count when I finish cleaning or while I am cleaning? I better get to work then. After looking at my status I look around the room to see that it is a dusty mess. Mistress has clearly not been cleaning the room at all.

 

“Mistress I am going to clean your office.”(Iona)

 

“What? Wait don’t.”(Nyta)

 

I turn to her and give her a stern look.

 

“Mistress as a maid it is my job to look after you and as the goddess of maids I can’t let you work in such terrible conditions. You're not trying to stop me from doing what I exist to do are you?”(Iona)

While saying this I release my maid aura and my mistress instantly sits up straight with a slight look of terror.

 

“I’m not Iona it’s jus-“(Nyta)

 

“Good now I need to get to work.”(Iona)

 

After collecting some cleaning supplies I get to work.

 

“I have finally finished and it didn’t take that long.”(Iona)

 

“Iona you know it has been twenty years.”(Nyta)

 

“What? I have been cleaning for twenty years.”(Iona)

 

“Don’t’ worry about it I do the same thing but for hundreds of years.”(Nyta)

Now I should check my status.

 

Name – Iona Yamanaka

 Gender – Female

 Race – goddess

 Job – Goddess of maids.

 Divine level – 50

 Mortal level – 5,000

 Stats – N/A

Skills – [Perfect maid] – [Unrivalled tea maker] – [unrivalled cleaner] – [maid blessing] 

 

I levelled up forty-eight times by cleaning one room. Either mistress’ office was unclean or cleaning gives me a lot of experience. 

 

Now that that is done let’s have a look at this new world.

Announcement
Discord - https://discord.gg/aERmF6tEdX
12