Chapter -3
404 6 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I leave the mistress's office and go back to my room and then enter the room designed for my work as a goddess. In the centre of the room is a circular table with what looks like a mirror. Walking up to it I look in the mirror and find that I can look through it. Looking through it I can see what looks like the surface of a planet. It looks like if you looked at earth from space.

Around the table are buttons and controls. I try pressing one this results in the image zooming in pressing the button a few more times I end up zooming in on a village. The village consists of about ten houses that are all about the same size with one being slightly larger than the others. The entire village is surrounded by a wooden palisade with a ditch around that. In the palisade are two gates opposite each other both connected to dirt roads. Inside the village, the people are going about their day whether it be farming, blacksmithing or running a shop. They all look to be happy with their lives.

The one person who stands out to me the most is the young girl who is wearing a black and white dress coming from the largest house. At first, I thought she is the maid of whoever lived there but I then notice that she has wolf ears and a tail whereas everyone else looks human. After leaving the house she heads towards one of the gates and leaves. Was she visiting or was she a messenger?

She heads down the road on her own. Is she not scared of bandits or monsters? Well, I can’t let a maid get hurt so I will watch over her for a bit. I watch her as she moves through the forest nothing has happened so far which is good but why do feel like that is a bad sign?

(POV maid)

I am currently walking through the forest returning to my lord’s mansion after delivering a letter to the village chief. I am a combat maid in service to count Silvain Laurenet. He is the lord of the area.

As I am walking through the forest, I have this feeling of being watched but it is not uncomfortable it feels like something is watching over and protecting me. Could it be the goddess of maids has returned after all this time?

“PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR”(??)

I turn to the voice and see a man wearing brigandine armour carrying an arming sword. From the forest come more men and women wearing similar armour. Bandits. I look at their levels to see if I have a chance against them. They are all human the lowest level among them is twenty and the highest is forty most are around level thirty. They shouldn’t pose too much of a problem as I am a level eighty combat maid assassin.

“Why should I?”(Maid)

“If you give us everything you have we will let you live if you don’t we will kill you then take everything you have.”(Bandit Leader)

“I refuse.”(Maid)

“So be it.”(Bandit leader)

The bandit leader walks closer. He is the highest levelled at level forty but still not a threat. He steps forward raising his sword to strike at me. I step back draw my two daggers and his swing misses. I step forward putting mana into my step which makes me move faster than the eye can see. As I move past the bandit I cut through his armour and through his artery. I then leave him to bleed to death. I then run around the other bandits cutting their arteries and throats faster than they can see. And that’s the last one. I have now killed all the bandits. They should have chosen their targets better.

As I am about to continue my journey, I hear strange noises coming from the trees. I decide to keep walking and hope whatever it is passes by. I also keep my daggers ready.

RAAAAAAR

Whatever it is jumps onto the road in front of me from the trees pushing me down. I cross my daggers and stop its claws from hitting me. Whatever it is it is very strong I muster all my strength and push it off me. I jump up again and step back. I immediately analyse it to see what it is.

Wendigo – level 200

I can’t fight a level two hundred wendigo I haven’t even seen a wendigo before they are supposed to be extremely rare. What is one doing here? All I can do is run. Before I can the wendigo runs at me. It goes to strike me with its claws I immediately block with both of my daggers, but I am pushed back by about four meters. I can’t fight it. It strikes again and I once again block pushing me back further. While the wendigo is preparing to attack again, I step forward and then swing at the wendigo. The dagger hits it and starts to cut through until it shatters. Pieces of metal fly everywhere with some hitting and wounding me. I stumble forwards past the wendigo and fall to the ground. Please whatever god is out there please help me I don’t want to die yet. The wendigo slowly walks towards me raising its arms for the finishing blow.

CRAAAAACK!

Before the wendigo can swing at me lightning strikes it and it falls to the ground. Was that the gods? Before I can do anything, the wendigo starts to get up. I move back holding out my dagger ready. Even if it is injured, I will likely still lose especially as I am injured myself.

As I am about to give up a blinding golden light comes from the sky and hits the ground behind the wendigo with extreme force. From the light comes a young woman wearing a maid uniform.

She holds up her hand and then from it comes lightning. lightning, that engulfs the wendigo and turns it to ashes within seconds. Who is she? She just killed one of the strongest monsters by raising her hand.

(POV Iona)

That was close. I made it in time before the wendigo could kill her. When I saw the wendigo, I knew she couldn’t fight it so I franticly searched for a way to help I eventually found a button that allows me to smite an enemy with divine lightning. The lightning's strength is based on how many followers I have as I do not have any followers it doesn’t have the power to kill the wendigo. After that, I found a way to descend to the mortal realm and help her.

When I used my magic, I greatly underestimated the strength of a goddess who is level five thousand. My lightning magic disintegrated the wendigo in a matter of seconds. What will my magic be like when I level up?

Now it’s time to talk to this maid I just saved.

Announcement
Nearly forgot to upload this chapter, I got distracted by roleplay on Paytoechips server.
13