4. A Day
260 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"P-Please!!" Youta pleads and crawls away. 

!

"Huff...huff...w-what..." He grasps his chest and throat. "I-I can't breathe... I can't..." He mumbles.

It's Pneumonia, the perfect symptom for strangling my victims.

"Huff huff huff...no...I..."

I then turn around to his friends, they jolt in fear.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"A-Ah!!" 

All of them get on their feet and run for their life. 

*click*

!!

"Uah! Hag...ahhs..."

They start foaming in their mouth and fall flat on the ground, dead, with one snap.

*thud*

I turn my attention back to Youta. 

"Mph...guck...ugh..." His face is purple as he grasps his throat tightly, strangling himself to death.

"Idiot, that's not how you get air," I mumble. 

I go back to the ground level and look around, there are several pits around the cement floor.

Perfect.

Pulling all of their body, I dump them into one pit and find a bag of cement beside a shack at the edge of the construction site.

After pouring every content in I manipulate the wind and dry it in under 10 minutes.

Phew...

This is why I like killing with plagues, there is no blood or messy gore to take care of; the clean-up is simple and easy.

There is no video surveillance in this area but I remember one being at the doorway of Ayato's apartment.

Well... They can't exactly pin this on me and I doubt the workers will find the body any time soon.

I walk out and close the gate. The lock has been bashed open but I doubt they will care that much when they don't know the culprit. There are no valuables here in this abandoned place anyways.

Surveying the area, I swiftly left when no one is around.

------------------------------

*BOOM!!*

A helicopter was shot out of the starry dark sky and crashed into a building. Many people started to run as debris and explosion ejects from the place of impact.

"Kanna!" A father shouts as a fragment of rock is about to hit the young girl.

However, a superhero wearing blue goggles, a visor, and a fully armoured blue suit from his neck down flies in and casts a barrier, keeping the debris together.

"It's Blue Shield!" People exclaim with glee.

"Uck...Run!" Blue Shield says to the citizens who comply. When the coast is clear, he releases the barrier and the debris lands on the road, creating fractures of destruction.

"HEHEHEHEHAHAHAHA!!" A masked woman wearing a Hannya mask drives across the busy city of Kyoto on a motorcycle, dashing across the massive traffic with a swift and precise manoeuvre.

Behind her is a floating Katana, slashing and cutting whatever at her will. Every nearby vehicle explodes when split into many parts. 

"This is not a drill. A C-rank villain has emerged near Sanjo Keihan, citizens please evacuate your vehicles and find help." An announcement echoes through the night.

"Hm?" The villain gazes at every empty vehicle. "There aren't any more people?" 

She clicks her tongue and slashes down from above, creating a trench and path. "Where is everyone!!" she shouts. 

"Enough of this," Ayaka says. A torrent of water crashes down from above, revealing Ayaka.

!!!

"W-Why is an SSS-Rank here?!" The villain panics and quickly attempts to escape. She sends her katana after Ayaka and zooms off on her motorcycle. 

One sweep of water rips through the katana into nothing and shoots towards the escaping villain, wrapping her waist.

Ayaka pulls the villain back as her motorbike crashes into a tree.

"Uck! You damn...why are you after a mere C-Rank villain?!" the woman exclaims. 

"C-Rank or not, you are still a villain, it should be given that I stop you," Ayaka replies. 

Wrapped by layers of water in the air, the villain still attempts a futile struggle. 

"The hero association will decide what to do with you. Depending on your actions and speech, your punishment will be decided at a later date." Says Ayaka.

"As expected of the Water Saintess." Says Blue Shield.

"Save your flattery," Ayaka says.

A few suited men come onto the scene with a modified van and lock a neck collar around the villain, restraining her powers before pulling her into the van.

"Now then, are you free to-"

"No." Ayaka rejects Blue Shield's advance.

?

"Isn't it past your working time?" 

"Yes, but I'm going home for the day." 

Blue Shield stares at the cold Ayaka who takes out her phone and logs all the damages. He takes out his phone and helps Ayaka. "What a pity, I will ask you out another time then." 

Ayaka ignores Blue Shield.

*Ding!*

"Hm?" Ayaka mumbles. A message was sent by her neighbour.

She checks it to find a picture of Ayato being dragged away by a group of students. 

!

Ayaka clicks her tongue. "Those fuckers again?!"

Without warning, she rushes off back home. 

Blue Shield stares at her back. 

...

"I guess I will be writing the report then." He mumbles.

------------------------------------------------------

*click* 

The door unlocks as Ayaka opens it, panting and sweating.

"Are you okay-" 

?

I am sitting on the couch watching the news and munching on some truffle chips. I tilt my head at her.

"A-Ah...nothing." Says Ayaka. "Our neighbour saw you being dragged away by a group of hooligans. Did anything happen?"

I smile. "They are my friends, we simply talk about our past life and they help me reminisce a few things."

Ayaka furrows her brows. "You are still saying that? It's clear bullying."

The past Ayato will tremble and beg Ayaka to not do anything. Truth be told, Ayaka probably can't do much either way too. Ayaka has massive backing but those old geezers view Ayaka as a money machine, not a valuable hero to protect.

I shake my head with confidence. "You can check my body if you don't believe me," I say.

...

She sighs. "Well, I'm glad you are fine. Sorry, I had to take care of some stuff and came home a little later."

"It's alright. You were awesome."

Ayaka notices the news. They were broadcasting her fight just now.

Ayaka sits beside me. 

?

Afterwards, she hugs me and smiles. "You seem a lot more confident as compared to the past. I'm happy but you must ask me for help okay? We are family."

Family...the sound of it is abhorrent.

"Sis, your pants are dirty and you haven't taken a shower," I say.

!!

"A-Ah! I'm so sorry. I will clean the couch later. it's getting late, go to bed soon. You will be returning to the academy soon." She says.

I nod and she went to the bathroom to take a shower.

...

The academy...I've been to one before. It brings back bad memories. 

I go to bed.

18