11. Organisations
192 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A television with a cracked screen stands alone in the middle of a dark room as the only source of light. The walls are filled with yellowish mould to the brim. Two chairs are positioned near the chair and two mysterious figure sits on them, a man and a woman. Their facial features are hidden behind the curtain of darkness, however, their attire can be vaguely made out, they are wearing the hero academy's attire.

"The death of A-Rank Hero 'Dragon Brawler' has exploded a wave of anxiety. The culprit is still currently on the run." The news reports on television.

...

"The first warning has been sent." The woman says. 

"Good, everything is going smoothly. How is the plague research?" The man asks.

"We are seeing a breakthrough, we can finally mass produce and integrate the plague harbinger's diseases into Power Poison." 

The result is an exponential increase in lethality. The plague will act the same way as any other plague but will have properties of the Power Poison.

The man smirks. "Hehe... Those foolish heroes thought that the era of war is coming to an end. But no, we will be the Plague Harbinger's legacy." 

"Sure sure." The woman adds. "Anyways, one of our Power Poison orders has been seized by an unknown entity. Is it a hero?"

The man shakes his head. "The hero association received no information about it. All 'we' know is that both subordinates died from a brain haemorrhage."

The woman places her hand on her chin. "Brain haemorrhage...? What?"

...

"There are no signs of power used." The man says.

"What is going on?"

----------------------------------

Ayaka enters a big conference room. A giant oval table lies in the middle; several middle-aged men in business suits sit around it. 

"Take a seat." One of them, the man with a white beard and hair, says.

Ayaka takes the seat nearest to the door.

"Thank you for taking the time to come here. We have something to tell you."

Ayaka stares at them. "Cut to the chase, I want to return home."

Some of them flinch at her rude behaviour. However, they are at fault here for calling her so suddenly.

"About that. We apologise. Canada's Hero Association have requested Japan's help and we have decided to send you."

!!!

"What?!" Ayaka exclaims. "Why me?"

"You are the only SSS-Rank hero we can deploy. Please understand."

Unlike other SSS-Rank heroes, Ayaka is under a "mercenary" company instead of the Hero Association. Mercenary companies are organisations that hire and provide assistance to heroes to the government or the Hero Association. Needless to say, they are a profit-orientated business.

Ayaka grits her teeth.

"Miss Ayaka, remember who paid for your brother's hospital bills; you still have a debt of 300 million yen." Says another man.

...

"Fine. But can I at least have one day-"

"No, the situation is dire. Canada's heroes are planning to launch an attack against the main base of a notorious villain organisation; You must leave immediately. Blue Shield will update you on the mission objective and layout."

...

Ayaka stares down. "At least one message." She mumbles.

The old man gazes at his colleagues. "That is fine." He replied.

Ayaka stood up and bowed before leaving the room.

A slim, handsome man with blue hair and eyes is leaning against the wall outside. Ayaka glares at him, it's Blue Shield.

"Persistent bastard." She says.

"Ugh... It's not like that; I won't take up such a dangerous job just to pursue a lady." Says Blue Shield.

"That says a lot about your personality and dedication." 

"Wha-...hah...whatever. Let's go, four heroes will be going along with us for the operation." Blue Shield replies. 

"Wait," Ayaka says as she sweeps out her phone.

---------------------------------

At Sapporo...

---------------------------------

"Now we welcome the legendary hero, Golden Justice, himself!" The man with a mic says. The television is broadcasting a show that invites popular celebrities to do some weird challenges for comedy.

A blonde man with crimson eyes enters from the side, wearing a simple light blue shirt and jeans. He waves at everyone as he appears and cheers of jubilation follow his gesture. 

"Hello everyone! I'm the hero Golden Justice, nice to meet you here." He says, shaking hands with the emcee. 

I glare at the television while munching on the pizza. The taste turns sour.

"It's my pleasure, Mr Golden Justice!"

Golden Justice sits on the chair opposite the emcee. 

"Before we start, many people have been questioning your expectations of the current generation of heroes. Do you have any comments to make on it?" The emcee asks.

"Haha, not very much. I am expecting many fabulous young heroes that will thrive." He simply answers.

"I see. For aspiring heroes, do you have any word of encouragement for them?"

"Hm...well." Golden Justice turns to the camera and frowns. "Although it might seem like the era of war is coming to an end, you must know that a villain can be anywhere. As long as someone is enlightened, there will be a chance of supervillain. Therefore, I do not agree that heroes are becoming irrelevant in today's society despite every professor talking about that."

Suddenly Golden Justice smiles. "Thus, I plan to continue the legacy of the Hero Association and my personal Hero Group: Saviours. The most promising fighter will be scouted by the Saviours."

!!!!!

I froze at that remark and smiled. I see an opportunity.

*bzzzt*

?

I take the phone beside me and check it out. It's a message from Ayaka. 

=====================

Sorry, Ayato. I will be gone for 2 weeks. Something important came up. 

I am very sorry. I will try to make it up to you when I'm back!

Please try to eat healthily and check that the doors and windows are locked before you go to bed. I love you<3

Ayaka

======================

...

This is good for me. I will skip school for the next two weeks to absorb the energy; I should be able to reach the D-Rank soon...

12