12. Incoming Storm
191 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kaito clicks his tongue in annoyance. Ayato has not come to school for 1 week.

"He must has ran away. Who would come back after offending you?" One of his subordinates says.

That ticks Kaito off and he extends his hand, a layer of titanium engulfs it before shooting out a spike towards the subordinate.

!!!

The subordinate places his hand above his head by reflex but the spike pierces the wall beside him.

"Shut up," Kaito says. "That bastard dare run away?! I want to torture that nuisance! I will not let him go for that humiliation!!"

Kaito gazes to the left to see a pile of unconscious bodies stacked. They are the bullies who lost to Ayato. 

"Useless," Kaito mumbles.

...

"Can I suggest a method?" A man with white short hair and red eyes says. 

"What is it?"

"I have a way to lure him out."

The man whispers into Kaito's ear, who reacts by smiling. 

!!

His subordinates stare at Kaito's delighted expression.

Kaito swipes out his phone and looks through his messages to stop at one contact named: Glenn Roselle.

"This foreigner will be perfect," Kaito smirks.

================

One week later

================

"Phew..." 

Waves of blueish energy exude from my body, which is in the lotus position. Surrounding items are floating in the air from the condensed atmosphere.

And finally... 

*THUMP*

*THUMP THUMP THUMP*

I grit my teeth as my heart beats faster. 

"Ugh..."

Veins are erected around my abdomen as the pain spikes below my naval. 

Now!

I quickly gather every energy around my core to integrate and form something like a delicate crust. Energy swirls around my body aggressively until all is eventually absorbed into my body.

"Huff..."

Opening my eyes, I realise my breath is dark green with hints of scarlet dust.

Red? 

...

Whatever. I've reached the D rank.

I stand up and look attempt to materialize some viruses. A big ball of green dust immediately gathers in my palm.

Closing my eyes, I connect my consciousness with every virus in the vicinity. The flu virus that I released has infected an increasing amount of people but... The rate is too low. I've only infected 4 neighbourhoods after 2 weeks. 

Is it because of...sanitisers? Their hygiene improved.

D rank cannot allow me to modify the genetics of my plague.

However...

I can feel the consciousness of my plague throughout Sapporo to Chitose; my range and control increased. 

Now then...

I gather some wind around my hand and shape them into a dagger. 

Nice! My control over the wind spiked. 

With ease, I create another dagger of wind. And another one. And another one. 

In the end, the room becomes filled with many thin blades of devastating hurricanes. 

There are about 30 daggers here. This is my limit.

*growl*

...

I haven't eaten anything for 2 days. I walk to the fridge in the dark and open it, the light from it illuminates part of the darkness.

I take a bottle of soda out and unscrew the cap, gulping it down. 

...

*growl*

My stomach hurts... I probably shouldn't drink sugary on an empty stomach...

Going to the toilet, I can see a noticeable difference in my body in the mirror: I've grown taller, my jawline became sharper, and my brawny physique. I tie my long hair up into a ponytail.

?!

Abruptly, I can feel two presences outside with malicious intent. They are holding...something rectangular?

The two presences throw the object into my apartment.

*PINGGG!!*

I catch it in time to realise it is a brick. Papers with "Monster!" And "Kill yourself!" is pasted to it.

?

I look out the window to find two female students wearing the hero academy uniforms glaring at me. 

...

I step on the open window and jump out of the apartment, landing right beside them.

"EEK!" The short hair woman screams.

"M-Murderer! Stay away!"

???

Did they find out about Youta? Or is it about the smugglers? Those are the only people I killed.

"Who did I kill?" I ask.

"Stop feigning ignorance! Because of you...my friend..."

Their body glows in red and blue respectively, they are planning to use their powers.

Hm...

"So it's Kaito," I mumble. It's impossible for both options as the first to come to me would be the police or Hero Association. Kaito must have done something and pinned the blame on me. 

"Where's Kaito?" I ask.

"W-Why do you want to know?!"

I sigh. Gathering wind around my feet, I launch myself into the sky and onto the roof. 

Sweeping my hands aside, I send out wave after wave of virus that travels across Sapporo in my stead. 

Although I risk exposing my plague powers, I've made precautions and disguised it as the new variant of the flu. 

All around me, the virus sticks onto surfaces and even mass infects many people. But I still can't find Kaito.

My virus quickly sweeps along the breeze and goes to Ishikari. Nothing. 

"Mama! Play with me!"

"Honey, what do you want to eat for dinner?"

"Damn it! I'm late for work!"

I start to hear the thoughts of my infected and see the Sapporo through their eyes. As the virus travels, I become conscious of everything as if I am moving with the wind.

The virus reaches Ainosato and a park.

!!!

I smile as I finally found Kaito. His subordinates are guarding the area; controlling the public such that nobody enters the area. He and his friends casually sit on the playground and smoke cigarettes. 

====================

At Ainosato Park

====================

Kaito grumbles as he blows the smoke out of his mouth. He taps the cigarette and the ash falls to the ground.

"How is the progress?" He asks.

"Going incredibly well. Almost everyone on the campus has a grudge against Ayato. If he dares to come back, he will die."

Kaito smiles. Kaito had spread Ayato's address throughout the Academy, some students will find him and vent their anger.

"By the way, boss. Your ex-girlfriend is trying to get in..." Another subordinate says.

?

Kaito has brought his entire gang to the park, what does Hanabi want with him?

"Let her in."

They give way for Hanabi to enter. 

"What do you want?" Kaito asks.

Hanabi stares down at the ground, she is hiding something in her pocket. Her long and messy hair covers her face, something seems wrong. Her outfit consists of nothing but a red t-shirt and short grey pants, on her visible arms and legs are filled with plasters and bandages. 

13