13. Revenge
180 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I zoom through the sky with a violent gush of wind. 

"Hahaha!!" I shout with glee. I never thought I could fly so freely. 

I land myself on a building near Kaito's group of people at the park.

Hm?

They are congregating around a pale woman...wearing dark red?

Is that Hanabi? Her complexion reminds me of...

...

I glare at the situation; it reminds me of something unpleasant.

"What do you want?" Kaito asks.

"Why are you doing all of this?" Hanabi mumbles.

Kaito glares at her. "Bitch, you should be glad I didn't do anything to your family. Do you think you can just date me and break up whenever you like? Fuck! I've even done so much for you!"

Hanabi grits her teeth as she returns the glare. "Bastard...bastard..."

Kaito clicks his tongue. His subordinates punch Hanabi in response, causing her body to be flung back rolling on the ground.

...

She wipes the blood off her nose and gets up.

Kaito smirks. "What? Are you trying to retaliate? With all of us here?"

Her hand in her pocket glows in dark blue and she pulls out 3 javelins of blue crystal spikes, throwing them at Kaito.

!!!!

Kaito rapidly erects a wall of thick titanium that explodes upon contact with the spike.

Hanabi takes advantage of that and jumps through the cloudy aftermath.

!!!

She tosses three javelins at Kaito, one at the head and two aiming for his heart.

Kaito, however, sweeps his hand aside and gushes out a powerful blast that disintegrates Hanabi's javelins and throws her back.

"ARGH!" She crashes into the seesaw. 

Hanabi grasps her mouth as she coughs out the suffocating blood stuck in her throat.

"Fuck! S-She tried to kill me! That was killing intent!" Kaito exclaims.

Kaito and his subordinates stare at her in fright. 

"W-What are all of us afraid of? There is only one crazy bitch!" Kaito shouts. His speech makes everyone gulp and braces themselves. 

As they approach Hanabi, Hanabi quickly materializes a few more sharp crystals in her hand and points them at the group. 

...

Using Hanabi as bait, I swoop in and attempt to bash Kaito unconscious.

!!!!!!

However, he realises my presence and reacts in time to erect a triangular metal structure, diverting the wind to hit all of his surrounding subordinates. The powerful shock knocks them all down.

"Guess it's not that easy huh..." I mumble.

Everyone quickly turns to see me standing atop a pile of unconscious bodies.

Kaito widens his eye. "Ayato!!" He exclaims.

Instantly, they ignore Hanabi and proceed to apprehend me.

I duck as someone behind attempts to grab me. I take that chance to jump aside away from the crowd.

A boy glows in red and his physique bulks up into a giant, he charges at me but a simple sweep of wind trips him, forcing his face to strike the ground.

Two subordinates jump in from above with daggers in their hand. I control two paths of wind to strike their body, expelling them away.

I whistle.

Ayato's power has improved immensely. But I should stop playing around and end this quickly, I don't have time on my side.

A hurricane of wind explodes from my body, carrying countless glitters of red, blue, and green. 

Everyone was thrown back from the violent momentum.

*BOOOOOOOM!!*

!!!

...

Kaito looks around. "He is just one person..." Kaito mumbles. 

All of his subordinates fall unconscious as they lay on the ground.

"STAND UP! WHAT ARE ALL OF YOU DOING?!"

But nobody did. Everyone is foaming at their mouth with their eyes rolled back.

Kaito raises his brow. A hero shouldn't fall with just that amount of impact as his or her body is trained. What is going on?

Now there is only Kaito left. Even if he is two ranks above me with better senses, what can an inexperienced fool do?

Kaito stares at me, twitching his eyes with his jaws dropped. "W-What is this...?! No no no this is impossible! Did you go through an awakening-"

Wind explodes under my feet, ejecting my body towards the panicking Kaito.

!

A thick layer of metal forms around his arms as he raises them. However, my swift manoeuvre of wind instantly throws me behind Kaito and I punch his back.

*BOOOM!*

"Arck!!?"

The result is Kaito being flung across the floor.

"Ack! Fuck! It hurts!!!!" Kaito screams in agony, wriggling around on the floor.

"Ah? Did I break a bone or two?" I ask.

As expected, even when Kaito has a stronger power, his power control, battle instinct, and everything else are average. 

Kaito lifts his head to look at me. I respond by walking to him.

!!

As if vicious suffering is approaching, Kaito musters his remaining strength to pull himself across the floor, getting as far away as possible.

Yet with one stomp on his back, he screams out again. This time, I strike the pressure point at his throat.

"Arck...? Uck...ah..."

He couldn't shout no matter how much he try.

Kaito looks out at me with pitiful tears rolling down his eyes, face filled with mucus and sorrow.

"P-Pl...e...a...s..e" he tries to say. 

...

Three sharp crystals suddenly appear above, raining down on Kaito.

!!

My brutal gust breaks and throws the spikes away.

Hanabi widens her eye. "Ayato? Why?" She asks.

"It's too merciful of a punishment to give him a swift death," I say.

I throw my glance back at Kaito who is shaking his head, begging me to let him go.

I smirk and dust gathers in my hand. I grab his face as my hand glows brightly in green.

"Arch...skka...euus...ahh..." 

Every plague I can summon rushes into his body through his mouth, nose, and eyes, causing Kaito to gag and gasp for air. 

"Ack! Ack!!...ugh..."

With that, Kaito falls unconscious on the floor. 

I touch his body and do a thorough check. 

My virus has already infiltrated every part of his body. For now, I turn them into hibernation mode. 

Throwing my glance at Hanabi, I say "you might want to go now, we attracted too much attention. I will handle this guy."

...

Hanabi nods. 

"Oh, and wearing red won't hide the blood stain," I add before pulling Kaito away from the scene.

Hanabi continues to stare at the floor.

=====================

"ARGH!!" Kaito screams awake after an agonizing headache attacks him.

It's dark and Kaito is being tied to a metal pole. When he tries to move his eyelid, he realises he is being blindfolded.

"Hello, Kaito." 

!!!!!

The sound of my voice sends a chill down his spine. Kaito starts trembling.

11