2. Release
359 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I skin the boar with a knife and hang the boar meat on the drying rack.

"Xie Li, I will be going to the nearby village for a while."

"Alright, Wang Ji, come back before evening." She says.

They start to call me Wang Ji(Forget)because of my "amnesia". I do not mind.

I look at my reflection in the river. Red, shoulder-length hair and black eyes. The scar, stitches and wrinkles from my face are gone. I am a different person now.

Following the river stream down the mountain, I reach the end of the forest and am greeted by rows after rows of buildings. Instead of a village, it looks more like a town. 

Every building looks like a historical one. I feel like I am in China's heritage site.

There are two tall pieces of architecture that I assume are brothels or inns.

I descend the mountain and reach the outskirts of the town. There's a huge wall surrounding the place.

Cracks and signs of moss, the wall has been poorly maintained, how lucky. Some parts are slightly protruding out, I step on them and climb over the wall.

I land behind a building. The smell of rubbish here is exasperating.

I smile. I know that the hygiene in this era is terrible, but this specific town exploits that to the fullest.

The perfect place for a virus infection. 

From poorly maintained walls to unorganised rubbish. I look at the quality of the marble wall, it's deteriorating.

To confirm my suspicions, I walk into the streets and look around. People are eating food off the ground or even preparing a meal without washing their hands. 

I am aware that cultivation can increase your immune system but for them to be this careless. 

They won't die from my virus but will easily spread it.

Hmm...

I walk to a person sitting on a sheet of cloth, he seems to be selling some rocks or antiques. He seems to be a drunkard,  I can smell his odour mixed with beer.  

"Hi, may I know if those two tall buildings are brothels or inns?" I ask.

"Oh? Does a poor useless brat want to indulge his life savings into a night of a lifetime? You don't even have a cultivation base."

I sigh. "I am just asking for directions. If you do not know, it's okay to be embarrassed."

"Y-You! You are lucky we are in Nielong, I would have beaten you to a pulp. That building over there is the brothel, get lost!" He says.

Hm... I walk closer to the brothel. The ladies at the entrance glare at me in disgust when I approach. Both of them have appealing beauty that can be considered a model in my original world.

"Sorry, sir. I am afraid you will not be able to afford it, one night stands even with the ugliest woman costs about 1 gold coin." The woman to the right says.

One gold coin...

The economy of this world is simple. 100 copper coins can be traded for 1 silver coin, and 100 Silver coins can be traded for 1 Gold coin. 1000 Gold coins, however, can be traded for 1 gold ingot. According to Ming Li, even nobles have a hard time obtaining one gold ingot and for commoners like me, having 1 gold coin can be equivalent to a lifetime's savings.

I walk away from the entrance and scout the entire tower. That's when I caught a glimpse of an employee walking out of the tower from the backdoor. He walks to a carriage nearby and unloads one barrel from it before carrying it back into the brothel.

Perfect.

I walk to the carriage, it emits an odour of beer. 

The employee steps outside again and unloads a barrel of beer. 

How do I infect it? Do I just think about it?

----------------

Successfully infected the beer inside the barrel.

With Virus Rank F

-----------------

The barrel that the employee is carrying starts to glow. 

Good. The chance of spreading a virus is higher at a brothel because of all the..."intimate" contact. 

Although infecting the river might seem to be a better idea, it is counterintuitive. The current of the river is too strong, the virus might be swept past the town as it is not guaranteed that the people will be collecting the water at the moment my virus is present.

At the brothel, the virus will be passed on from a guest to a prostitute. The prostitute will become my strongest factor in starting the spread.

...

I wonder, if I get infected by my virus, will I be affected?

-----------------

No, the host has natural immunity to all kinds of diseases. 

-----------------

How convenient, thank you.

*ding*

A notification pops up when I climbed over the wall to get into the forest.

------------------

The first person has been infected. 

The host can only start an infection in one person/one place. Your fate lies in your decision, good luck.

+1 Evolution Point.

Evolution tree have been unlocked.

-------------------

Heh...

I smirk. It's starting.

While walking back I decided to check that evolution tree feature.

---------------------

System-level: 1

Current Cultivation Realm: Mortal.

Infect 94 more people to advance to the next stage.

Virus Slot 1: Virus Rank F

[View Evolution Tree]

The number of Infected people: 6

The number of people killed: 0

[Locked}

[Locked]

[Locked]

------------------------

------------------------

Welcome to the evolution tree. You can enhance your virus here.

Note: Evolution is permanent. You can choose the unlocked traits for your next virus if you choose to create another one.

For more symptoms, Properties, or character, you will need to level up. Current system level: 1

Evolution Points: 7

Symptoms:

-Fever(100 Points)

-Headache(50 Points)

-Muscle Aching(90 points)

Properties:

-Water-resistance 2(900 points)

-Heat-resistance 2(900 points)

-Qi immunity 1(10000 points)

{Attempts to destroy the virus by using normal Qi circulation prove to be futile, only effective for medicines or remedies made by doctors of Qi Condensation Realm}

Character:

-Patient 2(2000 points)

[Symptoms show up even later than (patient 1)]

-Cruel(5000 points)

[Fatality Rate is boosted]

-Qi Hunger(100000 points)

[Absorbs a small 0.1% cultivation base of infected and passes them to the host.]

--------------------------

Hmm...not bad.

Will I get any Evolution Points if the virus kills someone? How do I level up?

--------------------------

You currently get 4 Evolution Points if someone dies from your Virus. The number of Evolution Points gained depends on the grade of your Virus, the higher the grade, the more Evolution Points you gain.

To Level up the system, simply infect and kill as many people as you can using your virus. 

Your current progress till level 2: 5%

-----------------------------

Alright, thanks. Now I just have to play the waiting game.

23