1. A New World
414 6 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Any last words?" The officer says as he grips the lever firmly.

My body is strapped to an electric chair, unable to move a single muscle except for my eyelid. 

I smile. "Thank you for everything."

The officer clicks his tongue as he glares at me. "Fucking monster." He says.

He pulls the lever down. 

A pulse of electricity shoots into my body. I immediately jolt and convulse as several sharp pain arose in my body, like a thousand needles being stabbed into my body. 

However, the pain disappears after a while as everything goes black. 

I was sentenced to death. Why? Because I released a deadly virus that killed more than 100 million people. 

Is it for revenge? No.

There's no reason why I released it. 

Hmm...

I simply released it for fun, if that is counted as a reason. 

I was an Orphan born in the countryside. My parents were killed in front of my eyes when I was nothing but a newborn by a group of terrorists...or at least that's what they told me.

Do I hate them? I don't. After all, they took me in and raised me. They fed me, taught me how to read and write, taught me survival skills, and everything else.

To me, they are more of my "parents" than my biological parents.

My life isn't anything special, I just simply did their dirty work without any motivation. They said that they are doing all this because of something about beliefs and cause, but I simply did it because it was boring. 

Well, let's not talk about my life anymore. It's all over.

...

...

...

Huh?

Something is weird.

...

This is the smell of soil?

I rub my fingertips. The feeling of the small crusty balls, why is there soil here? 

Was I not at-...

No... Sounds of birds chirping, the heat from the sunlight, and the feeling of ants walking over my arm.

I open my eyes and find myself in the middle of a forest.

"What?..." I mumble.

Is this a dream?

No... It feels real, all of my senses are working.

This cannot be...

------------------

The host has met all conditions to unlock the virus system.

------------------

A holographic blue square thing abruptly pops up.

"Huh?! What is this..."

I extend my hand out but it goes through the blue square panel.

!!

"What happened to me!?"

I realise how short my arms are. I stood up and look around my body. My legs are skinny and my ribcage can be seen, signs of malnutrition. 

In addition, I seem to be in a body of a teenager, someone at the age of 17.

What is going on?!

Did I go into someone's body?

----------------

The host has unlocked one virus slot. The host can attempt to create a virus and infect others with it. Infecting others will provide evolution points to upgrade your virus. 

The stronger your virus, the harder it is to cure it, and the more people will be affected.

The host can become stronger as he infects more people.

Current Cultivation Stage: Mortal. 

Infect 100 to reach the next stage

More information can be obtained in the status menu.

-----------------

This...panel thing. Is this hallucination?

No no, where even am I? Why am I wearing these weird clothes?

It looks like an eastern robe that they wear as a tradition.

...

Let's look around first.

There are subtle sounds of water splashing, there's a river nearby.

I follow the sound until I reach a stream flowing downwards before walking along the riverbank.

I have no idea what era I am in for the original owner to wear these ancient clothes but if I'm currently in a past era, there should be some villages or residences located near the river.

My instinct was right as I see several racks with clothes hung on them. 

The racks are improvised ones made out of two wooden logs with some ropes. What era am I in? The 80's?

"Oh my!" A lady says from behind. "A boy?!"

!!!

A young lady in her 20s wearing similar robes to me shows up. Brown long hair with black pupils and a moderately slim body. 

I didn't detect her presence?!

She's holding a basket with several laundries on it.

If she wanted to kill me, she would have done it. I don't sense any killing intent. 

"Hi, ma'am. May I ask where am I?" I say.

"You are at the Fuhua province, are you lost?"

Fuhua? I have never heard of it...

"Sorry, I have a bit of amnesia, may I ask for the date and time?" I say.

"Time? Uhm..." She places her basket down and places a twig on the ground. "It's almost evening. As for the date, today should be the 51st day of the Tiger year."

??

"What's wrong?"

"No, thank you. I will be on my way. Do you mind telling me the direction to the nearest civilisation?"

"Follow the stream down even further and you will see a village." She says.

"Thank you-"

A shadow flew over me. 

?!

When I glance up, the figure is already gone. 

Although I only caught a glimpse of it. The shadow does not seem to be a shadow of a bird...it seems to be like a human?

"Oh, that should be my brother! He is back." 

A figure flying along the stream while standing on a sword stops in front of the lady.

!!!???

I widen my eyes in surprise. 

How?! What?

"Who is that?" The man says. He is wearing a huge black hat with a black robe.

"He seems to be an orphan that has lost his memory. Alas, he even forgot about cultivation..." The lady says. "Look at his face."

"Hmm... Let's bring him back."

"Huh? Brother, did you forget how poor we are? You are not planning to take him in are you?"

"Take who in? We are just looking after him until his memory returns. What do you say, young man?"

I nod. 

I follow them back to a cabin in the middle of the forest.

-------------

I help them chop some wood down in my free time and even hunt animals for meals. I've been living in the wild for my entire life so I'm used to all these.

They allow me to use their small guest room but I must never enter each of their room.

I grip the wooden spear I made as I throw it with all of my strength. The spear pierces through a boar's head and the boar went limp.

Carrying the boar, I slowly walk back to the cabin. From what I discovered, this world isn't the original world I was in. Cultivation exists in this world. 

Cultivation is the process of absorbing atmosphere particles called Qi into your meridians and storing them in your dantian to reach a higher realm. The more cultivation you acquire, the stronger you are, and the longer you live.

According to Ming Li, that cultivator, my meridians and dantian are in a huge mess and I can never cultivate in my whole life. 

But... 

Status. 

--------------

System-level: 1

Current Cultivation Realm: Mortal.

Infect 100 more people to advance to the next stage.

Virus Slot 1: Empty.

[Create Virus]

The number of Infected people: 0

The number of people killed: 0

[Locked]

[Locked]

[Locked]

---------------

This system says that I can acquire cultivation if I infect more people.

I press "create virus"

----------------

Choose your symptoms.

Unlocked:

[Cough]

-----------------

There's only one...

-----------------

Choose your properties.

Unlocked:

[Water resistance 1]

[Heat resistance 1]

------------------

Water...

I've seen the lady, Xie Li, collect water in the well or river for water. A great way to infect someone is by contaminating their water or food with a virus; it directly goes into their body.

I choose water resistance.

-------------------

Choose your Character.

Unlocked:

[Cautious]

(Virus is harder to detect and it might be passed off as a common cough.)

[Patient]

(The symptoms of the virus only show up after a while)

---------------------

Both are good but my main objective is to infect as much as possible. The second one will be a better option.

----------------------

Congratulations! The Virus has been created. 

Virus Slot 1:

[Virus Rank F]

Information:

-Cough

-Water-resistance 1

-Patient

{Choose your person/place to infect}

Be careful! The host will die if the number of infected people does not reach the target in time. 

Target: 100

Time Left: 30:21:03

--------------------------

!

Death? I am not afraid of it... But this new world seems rather interesting, it is not the time to die yet.

Besides, it's fun...and satisfying to kill people by doing absolutely nothing. 

25