9. Twist of Event
286 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chosen one and fate value? I will learn more about it later. Let's focus on the task at hand.

Since I am creating a cultivation pill, only the cultivation accumulated by the ingredients is required, the other properties must be burned away. 

...

I throw a glance at Choi Inyoung, she is paying attention to Xie Mo, everyone is.

...

If I use Choi Inyoung's technique...

System, give me information about how Choi Inyoung obtained her alchemist techniques.

---------------------

The blue flame below Xie Mo's Cauldron gushes out and engulfs the entire Cauldron. 

!!

Aside from me, the others stop what they are doing and look at Xie Mo.

The flame turns purple as a gold light explodes from the cauldron. The flame disperses as Xie Mo composes his breathing and wipes the sweat off his forehead.

"It's done!" He says.

"What kind of method is that?" The elder mumbles.

A blinding light is still emitting from the cauldron. 

As Xie Mo smirks, the other candidates are glaring at him, it's jealousy and fear.

Xie Mo opens the lid to the Cauldron and 5 yellow pills levitated above the Cauldron, there are subtle stripes of glowing red around the pills. 

"P-Perfect tier 3 Qi Condensation pill!!" The elder exclaims. "Extremely pure Qi that is not too potent for a Qi Condensation cultivator. This can even help a peak Foundation Establishment cultivator!" 

Alchemists or cultivators near the room sensed the energy and came to check it out, the elder and seniors didn't stop anyone. 

One candidate's Cauldron explodes because he was distracted by Xie Mo, it was seen by everyone.

...

I block out all sounds and concentrate, I finished reading the details I requested from the system. 

Taking a deep breath and I place my hand against the hot cauldron.

The flame under the cauldron starts to whirl around me, dispersing the gathered crowd. That caused everyone to place their attention on me.

!!!!

Choi Inyoung froze when she notices that the technique is something she mastered.

"..."

After a few minutes, the whirling fire goes into the Cauldron as a light burst out. Similar to Xie Mo's performance, blinding light is emitting from the Cauldron. But, there is a clear difference between the intensity of the light, Xie Mo's one is stronger. 

I open the lid and look inside, I have created 4 pills, each pill is bright yellow and has a hint of blue dust surrounding each pill.

-------------------------

Mission complete!

-Create 3 perfect Qi Condensation Pills at once. 

+5,000 evolution points

--------------------------

--------------------------

System level up!

System level: 6->7

[Upgrade] unlocked. The host can now use points to upgrade the martial techniques learnt. 

---------------------------

Xie Mo stares at me. The elder walks to it and nods. "Not bad. 4 perfect pills. Although the quality is slightly lower than Xie Mo's it is still a perfect pill nonetheless."

"What? Who are they? We have two legendary geniuses here!" The audience mumbles.

Xie Mo smiles. "I am Xie Mo from the Heavenly Divine Dragon sect."

!!

"That run-down sect has such a genius?!"

"Will this be the era that sect regains its former glory?!" 

Audiences gossip among themselves, some are fearful of us, some are excited to witness a legendary age. 

"It seems like there is no need to continue the examination any further, rejoice I will take you in as a disciple," says Jang Ki Nan to Xie Mo. Xie Mo ignores him and walks to Choi Inyoung. 

"I'm sorry, but I want her to be my teacher." Xie Mo says.

!?

"What? Are you doubting my skills-"

"Yes." Xie Mo bluntly says. "You are not worthy, all you have is reputation. Where did your reputation come from? Your ancestors. You are not worthy of your title and fame with that level of skill at your age."

"Y-You!"

Inyoung turn to Xie Mo but sighs. "If this is a normal circumstance, I would have gladly taken you in with gratefulness that you think I'm more capable than Jang senior. But I'm sorry I will have to decline."

...

"H-Huh? What?" Xie Mo looks very confused, his brow is raised and his mouth is wide open. Choi Inyoung's act is similar to finding a fortune but leaving without taking the treasure. 

Choi Inyoung walks to me. "You are...Wang Ji... Where did you learn that technique?"

...

"I learnt it from Choi Hyunseok," I say.

!

Choi Inyoung froze again. 

...

"...That decides it, I am taking Wang Ji as my disciple."

"Wait! Why?" Says Xie Mo. "I can bring you to fame and success, I can even help you in revenge and-"

"Silence. I don't care about that." Says Choi Inyoung.

"I...made a promise with your ancestor, I would bring you to the highest peak of alchemy, you will regain your eyesight and-"

"I said silence!" 

...

Xie Mo clicks his tongue. "Looks like I won't be able to uphold that promise."

He throws his glance at me. 

!!

"You... You are that guy from before at the inn..." He finally remembers me. "I will remember you."

Xie Mo storms out of the room, not even considering Jang Ki Nan's presence.

"M-Master! Wait!" The elder says as he runs after Xie Mo.

-----------------

Xie Mo failed to be part of the Alchemist Association and the disciple of Choi Inyoung.

-1000 fate value.

+2000 points

-----------------

"Let's go." Choi Inyoung says to me as she gestures for me to follow her. I take the pills inside the cauldron and follow her to another room in the tower. This time, a room on the fifth floor. 

It seems to be a personal lounge for Choi Inyoung and her disciples as her name is pasted on a board above the door. 

Behind the door reveals a large spacious room with a few cauldrons lined up on the right side of the room. To the left is three wooden windows for ventilation and tables lined up against the wall. The floor seems to be constructed using some polished wood. 

Other than that, the room is just a blank space. 

Choi Inyoung sits on the floor once she enters, I sit opposite her. 

...

"How is he?" She asks me, referring to Choi Hyunseok.

"I'm not sure," I say. 

---------------------

10 minutes ago

---------------------

System, give me information about how Choi Inyoung obtained her alchemist techniques.

------------

100 points consumed.

Her alchemist techniques are obtained from her late father who disappeared after going into the abyss region. Her father, Choi Hyunseok, is a famous alchemist in the East region, known as the Tiger pill king, due to his ferocious alchemist techniques. 

Choi Inyoung only managed to comprehend a small part of his technique before his disappearance. 

--------------

-----------------------

Present

-----------------------

Inyoung sighs. She takes a metal plate out of her coat, it is painted in a shining ruby. 

The symbol of the Alchemist Association is carved onto the plate, a picture of a cauldron. 

"This is proof that you are a disciple of the Alchemist Association and an official grade 1 Alchemist. If you have any questions, you can ask me now. Otherwise, return here tomorrow in the morning." She says.

Questions...

"Does the word Korea ring a bell?" I say.

"Korea? No..." 

She's not Korean. But the name...

I don't get it, I still need to learn more about this world before I conclude.

"Are you asking me that because of my name? I've been told by a lot that my family naming is very unique." She says.

"Yeah it's fine, I will be back here tomorrow. By the way, do you mind if I take the pills?"

Choi Inyoung shakes her head and passes me a red container and a book. Inside the container is the pills I created and the book seems to contain information about the association.

I left the Alchemist Association and walk to a pharmacy. Directly in front of the doorway is the counter desk. Behind the desk is a man dressed in white with a moustache extended from the sideburns to the chin, further behind the man are wooden cabinets.

He clicks his tongue when he sees my attire and says "The cheapest thing here costs 10 silver."

I place a container on the desk.

?!

Potent energy is flowing out of it. The pharmacist gulps as he opens it.

!!!!!

"Perfect Qi Condensation pills?!"

...

"A-Ahem. 1 gold for all the pills."

I stare at him with my eyes shrinking. I sigh and take the container off the desk.

"W-Wait! Fine, 2 gold!"

I smile. "Deal."

He takes the container and throws 2 gold on the desk. I pocket it and left the pharmacist. I should have enough to last a few months now.

I return to my Inn and check out the new menu.

----------------

System level: 7

Current Cultivation Realm: Sixth Stage of Qi Condensation.

Infect 9122 more people to advance to the next stage.

Virus Slot 1: Virus Rank E

[View Evolution Tree]

The number of Infected people: 21,954

The number of people killed: 108

Evolution Points: 34,670

[Martial Techniques]

[Special Infected]

[Locked]

----------------

----------------

Special Infected:

-Xie Mo

Reincarnation of a Supreme master from the upper realms. 

Despite his arrogant attitude, he is a master in every single field such as being an array master, alchemist, and of course martial arts. The only thing holding him back is Xie Mo's body and cultivation.

Threat to host: Low(Medium if offended)

Fate: 49000 fate value remaining.

Love interest: Li Xing.

-------------------

What is the fate value?

-------------------

Every chosen one is fated to succeed in the Murim and leave its mark on history. 

Thus, the higher a chosen one's fate value, the more significant the chosen one's impact on the world will be.

Killing a chosen one with a high fate value will result in a vicious backlash from an unknown entity. To lower the fate value of a chosen one, interfere in their plans and prevent them from succeeding. 

For example, even making his allies an enemy of him can result in a decrease in fate value. 

It is recommended that the host extract whatever they deem to be useful from the chosen one before they kill them. (Provided that the chosen one is infected)

-------------------

16