Chapter 3
1.4k 5 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I opened my eyes, I found myself in an unfamiliar room. However, instead of being confused, I accepted this situation calmly.

"Was that a dream?"

I could feel my body was sweating and the corner of my eyes were a bit wet.
Recalling the dream I saw earlier, I let out a deep sigh as I get out of the bed.
It was too real to be a dream, and yet here I am waking in this place instead.

Maybe it was a manifestation of my regret. Or perhaps, I unknownly possessed my lingering spirit back on earth for a moment.
Whatever the case, it will not change the fact that right now I'm here as Rain Scarlet.

I walked towards the window. The glowing orange sky with the sunset on the horizon. The trees swayed by the wind. The birds flying in the distance.
The scenery that I saw right now reflect that this is my current reality. It might be hard to get used to this world, but at least the scenery here is much better than my old place which was surrounded by apartments.

I opened the window and inhaled a deep breath. Fresh air without polutions and the gentle wind that hit my body felt comfortable.

Growl.

Ugh. The sound of my empty stomach
pulled me back to my sense. I hadn't ate breakfast today. Not even a single bread. It wasn't strange that I feel hungry now.
I closed the window and head to the dining hall.

There was no one here as it's not the time for dinner yet. I asked one of the maid to prepare meal. It was the same maid that I saw when I first woke up in the morning. Her name is Mari. She was a young woman on her 20s.
Whether I like it or not, it's better for me to live just like the past Rain in order to avoid suspicion. Rain Scarlet was a selfish, arrogant, spoiled, timid and lazy guy. In short, someone who hasn't been beaten by society. But even so, no one in this household including the servant ever looked down on him.

It's a good news for me since I don't need to act like some crazy bastard who beat the servants to avoid suspicion. Since I was reincarnated into "War of Generations" as Rain Scarlet, there is no guarantee that no other people from earth got reincarnated here.

It's fine if there are other people reincarnated here too as long as they stay as a bystander, but if some chuuni or psycopath bastard were also reincarnated here and disrupt the storyline then I'm doomed.
Before long, steak, mashed potato, bread, vegetable soup and some fruits are being served.

I took a bite and enjoyed the food slowly instead of gulping it down at once. Even though I'm hungry, I still need to act like Rain. If words got out that I ate like a hungry barbarian it could spell trouble.

Luckily, this body remembered manner. Should I call it muscle memory? at least I don't have any uncomfortable feeling with this manner. Although it's uncomfortable mentally, as someone who spent my time in front of computer, I have a habit of finishing meal as soon as possible so it doesn't get in the way of my gaming time.

I have to say though, the meal was delicious. As expected from a noble household I guess? Now I'm curious of what kind of meal the royalties ate. It must be delicious, considering the imperial chefs need to be skilled to be hired.

Anyway, after I finished the meal, I went back to my room. Before going back, I told Mari she don't have to call me for dinner as I'm going back to sleep.

I locked the door as soon I went back to my room. I searched some stationery items. Luckily, the room was tidy so it was easy to find a pen and a notebook. Unlike me who had a messy room as a privilege of living alone.
And so, I started to organized my thoughts and write down the knowledges about "War of Generations".
A great man once said, "knowledge is power". It is the only weapon I could wield as a mob to survive in this world.
∆ ∆ ∆
"War of Generations" mainly tell a story about a war between two kingdoms struggling for power. Eurasia was a raising kingdom with the ambition for hegemony and Laurasia was an old kingdom that has been around for a thousand years on it's last stand after a civil war.
Amidst the conflict between the two kingdoms, hidden dangers looming in the dark. The hungry monsters who treats humans as food, the dark society who uses the people lives as an experiment for creating ultimate weapon and the demon race watching behind the scene.

The war was started by the monsters suddenly attacking the royal academy where the main characters were studying. Be it royalty, noble or commoner, no one can escape from it. A storm that pulled everyone into hell. Status has no meaning as only the strong will survive and the weak will perish.

Just like a stone was thrown into a frozen lake, the calm was disturbed as the ice began to crack. With the demons pulling the string from behind, the conflict soon expanded to the neighbouring kingdoms, dragging the innocents into a nightmare. All for a single purpose of reviving the demon king.

Leonhardt Elsword is the male protagonist of the story. He is the son of the current head of the royal knight. Elsword is a long standing aristocrat family that used to be a duke. In a certain generations, there was a civil war in Laurasia kingdom. At that time, the Elsword household stood on the wrong side and lost their noble status, pulling them down from the duke position into a mere knight family. Due to their past deed, they were spared from execution, but their power was diminished greatly and was sent to guard the border.

After countless years of service in the border, they managed to gained back a little bit of power. 20 years ago, Reinhardt Elsword helped the current king won the throne in the civil war and earned him he title as a hero of the battlefield.
As rewards for his service, the Elsword family status was raised into a count and Reinhardt was appointed as the head of the royal knight.

Reinhardht always wanted the family to return to the peak. So he raised Leonhardt strictly with great expectation. He even arranged a marriage for Leonhardt. The Einsworth family is a long standing household on par with the Elsword household on its peak. The marriage between Leonhardt and Claudia were put to strengthen their ties and standing.

As the only daughter of a duke family, Claudia Einsworth is a girl who was raised strictly in order to become a perfect lady. She not only has a beautiful appearance, but also a graceful bearing. In the game, she was described as the embodient of a noble. She was the role model of many people before she turned into a villainess.

Leonhardt who was burdened with his father expectations to be the next hero and his dazzling fianceè since he was a child, felt like his life was chained. Deep down, he hates nobility and yearned for freedom, but he never showed it.

One day, when he was walking in the city, he met a girl around his age named Lily. Lily, who is a commoner treated Leonhardt kindly just like how she treated all her friends. The two soon became close friend. Leonhardt felt like he was being released from the chains that binded him when he was with her.

Leonhardt who hides his identity as the hero's son, felt like he was being treated and seen as Leonhardt, and not Leonhardt Elsword for the first time.
The more he spent time with Lily, the more he yearned for this feeling. Everytime he did something, everyone around him always said the same thing.

"As expected from the son of the hero"

And when he failed, everyone always said that he was lacking compared to his father.

The stigma of the son of the hero always stick with him. No one ever recognized him for his effort. As times goes by, he who usually spent time with Claudia started to neglect her. He started with visiting the city secretly. Rumors started going around that the son of the hero secretly visited the town to meet a girl. Claudia was raised to fit as the wife of the next hero, slowly felt irritated by his treatment.

She felt it was unfair. She spent her time doing her best to fulfill her status and expectations given to her. But she endures it, as getting mad and yelling does not befit a lady.
The small irritation slowly turned into jealousy and hatred.

She, who doesn't know about jealousy was annoyed with this feeling. No one ever teached her about this feeling. So, she never spoke about it to anyone.
On the other hand, Lily was actually a child from a fallen noble house of the neighbouring kingdom. After learning about Leonhardt's identity, she wanted to use him to rebuild her family.

A naive young man who yearns for recognition, the ambition of a fallen noble daughter and the jealousy of a young girl. No one expect these little things were the sources of the tragedy that will befall the whole world in the future.

35