The World is Unfair
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Boom! Boom! Boom! Blast!!"
The explosions were never ending and ruthless. Screams of agony and despair all around me. What was this terrifying power! I don't know what to do i don't want to wait here and wait for my death.

Likus saw the situation was getting out of hand, he had created a defensive shield around him, with the curse energy of his severed arm. He had also hardened his body since the defensive shield was not enough against such devastating onslaught. Still he was still taking heavy damage and everyone around him was dying. Ironically the caravan goods were the only things not getting blasted. I guess Kinis is really deadset on fighting Recondos. Likus braced himself, he started gathering all the energy in his body. Cursed energy, his powerful Vitality energy, the Golden blessing Force he had gotten as a boy. All was coming together, he condensed it at his core, all ready to violently burst. It wasn't ready yet, to even scratch the monster that was in front of him he needed to pour every ounce of his being into this attack.
Kinis new what it was to be afraid. He new it more than anyone. Once as a young genius Warrior, with the blessing of a celestial force he was fated to shine bright. His arrogance new no bounds, regular warriors could not compare to his brilliance. He had reached the pinnacle of C class at the young age of 18 and his future was bright. Then he met it. A strange creature, no being, from another dimension. He was helpless in front of it, couldn't even touch it, he became its lab rat, constantly studying his blessed force within, excruciating dissections, ruthless experiments. Then at the end of it all he gave him a weird curse. Something that binded to his life-force and turned him into a monster.

Many people think curses only belong to the field of Magic, but that is untrue, a curse is the imposing of a will from one individual to another, usually through a medium, most commonly magic. Many other conditions also need to be met, a curse is difficult to carry out, since the implementation of a curse is more often worse than death. Only the most powerful individuals are capable of cursing others in Potestera.

After being released from that nightmare, Likus roamed around aimlessly trying to not let the monster control him. He committed many atrocities. Still he had become stronger almost no one he met was his match. And even those that tried to harm him became terrified of his ridiculous regenerating abilities. Then once again he was shown the vastness of the heavens, the The Dark Sovereign himself appeared before him. He offered him a home and a place among his generals. He couldn't meet him at his eyes. he was probably the most terrifying being he had ever met. Nevertheless this time he had something precious to him. Someone who little by little was helping him regain his humanity. He could not disappoint this person, he had found love. It took all the courage in the world to refuse this tyrant, sadly he paid a dear price, the woman that he loved was taken from her and enslaved. He tried to go rescue her but when he saw her again, it was too late, she had been corrupted. He almost lost himself at that point, it took him many years to shake off those traumatizing memories and gain a new leash on life. But once he did he had changed no longer arrogant and vain. Life had humbled him, in the years he took to recover he had lost his place in the rankings, it didn't matter all he craved for was peace. He settled down in Beans village and started a family and cherished the relationships and bonds he created through the remainder of his life. But Surprisingly sometimes he did miss his Ranker days. The days when he aimed for the summit. The celestial being had blessed him but other forces in the world had dictated otherwise. All he truly wanted now was to clear his conscience and to protect his family and loved ones. For them he would do anything. Today he was ready to put his life on the line, to destroy all the fear, anger, sorrow, and helplessness he felt in the past, and that the man in front of him reminded him of. Today he took control of his destiny, he would ride the wave until the end, it didn't matter if he was small, the universe was indeed vast, he was nothing but a drop in the bucket, but to those to whom he mattered, he was determined to make them proud. To show them the path of a strong Will. Honor to his family for a thousand Generations!

He opened his mouth and screamed,"Life, blessings, curses, all come hand in hand, to those who seek power these are the tribulations one must overcome, now bear the force of destiny, LIFE TRIBULATION TRIALITY BEAM!!!!"

Likus closed his mouth and puffed out his chest, once he opened it again a massive tricolored beam of light emerged with the force of a breaking damn.

After i heard Likus ferocious words i did my best to look up to see what was happening, but it was useless, the destruction and chaos was just too much. But among the sound of explosions, i heard the sound of a bigger explosion, and consequently a massive gale that almost blew me away. After that everything was silent the explosions had stopped. Finally i felt a massive sense of relief. But once i looked up that feeling immediately vanished, i strongly wished i had just stayed lying down and pretended i was dead. In the middle of the battlefield there was a massive crater, right at the center of the crater stood Kinis with what looked like a glowing weapon in his hand. He was raising it towards the air, no he was impaling something above his body. Once i saw who it was i shuddered. Right there pierced in the heart by the tip of the weapon, was Likus, looking as if he was paralyzed raised in the air. Why! What happened! How did things end up like this. Why is the world so unfair. Damn that Kinis and his broken cheats!

0