Before Light – Remastered – chapter 17
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1746c23b1d861c04114435338961.jpg

(Note: There are two new images in this chapter, see if you could find them. 

Art source: https://www.pixiv.net/artworks/105675041 )

<ⅩⅦ>

—Hours Before Caesar Skyman’s ascension—

  Trudging down the smooth marble steps of the clean brightly lit foyer leading out of his quarters, Sir Delprim Jargo, Captain of the Delfalak airship, stopped before the gates of his porch, his bald head reflecting the morning hue as he stood face to face with two figures standing outside his humble estate, their silhouettes cloaked under the dim shade cast by the newly risen sun beaming through the tall obelisk skyscrapers lined across the horizon of splendid Skyworld.

 

  “ This truly is a queer hour to ask for audience, dare I say…Captain Bradson?”

 

  Hastily awoken from his beauty sleep, Delprim Jargo still managed to get off bed, despite the rough night before of him being kicked out of the Grand Gathering. Dressing in his usual distinguished attire, Jargo prided much of his status as Master of the fleets under Sky, a title bestowed upon him by the Skylord way back after the battle against the first Scourge of Demon years before.

  A remarkable rank that was rumored to have been Captain Bradson’s, if he had not refused the Skylord’s offer.

 

  Thus was the root of his competing notions against this Bradson Captain, who seemed always to be the better man despite Jargo’s unrelenting ego to stay lesser.

 

  But this meeting of dawn had started with a different note, one that seemed to be in Delprim Jargo’s favor.

 

  Darrovid, Jargo’s close Starbreaker aide was already settled on the side of his porch, clad in full dark silver Starbreaker armor as always, watching the two unexpected visitors through the runed visor that never once was deactivated to expose the illusive face inside the helm.

 

  “ What can I do for you two, Captain?” Delprim Jargo inquired, his palm upon the lock of his fence, not yet unlatching.

  “ Or should we adjourn indoors?”

 

  “ I recommend a place without ears nor eyes.” Captain Bradson replied, motioning for Delprim Jargo to follow him. The other captain, blond of long hair, handsome and young of excellent features nodded in agreement.

  “ Out of the Skylord’s scrutiny.”

 

  Delprim Jargo sensed an ominous plot at play. 

  “ What is this? Are you attempting to lure me somewhere to be involved in your fowl deeds?” Jargo wasn’t a man to easily trust others.

  “ I am not leaving my porch unless any of you come clean and elaborate on your silly act!”

 

  Without a word, Bradson produced his beam pistol in protest and fired in Delprim Jargo’s direction.

 

  Darrovid the Starbreaker aide remained calm, instead of dashing forth and apprehending Bradson before his shocking action, for he knew by the way the old captain pointed his weapon, he was not after his master, Jargo.

 

  A muffled whiz rattled before a crash of metal and fire sounded near the rooftop of Delprim Jargo’s abode, then seconds later, a punctured droid dropped down with heavy momentum, lying in the center of the stately porch.

 

  “ Nicely shot, Captain Bradson!” Sir Valentine Vanodai, the handsome Captain of the Hydrangea ship standing by clapped in genuine applause.

  While Captain Delprim Jargo was on his buttock, trembling all over on his own estate, blinking blankly not sure if he was still present or sent to the afterlife.

 

  “ Before the next pair of eyes and ears take its place, let me elaborate a little further on the objective of our meeting.” Bradson calmly put his pistol back into his trench coat pocket.

 

  “ Captain Delprim Jargo, I am planning to revolt against the Skylord, starting now. 

 

  Are you willing to join this plight?”

.

.

 

  “ Are you serious Captain Bradson?!?!” Delprim Jargo uttered as soon as the four gentlemen, consisting of three captains and one reserved Starbreaker knight, settled at a safe spot on the outskirts of the capital.

  “ Or are you drunk overnight and dragging me out for more of your nonsense?!”

 

  “ Captain Bradson is not drunk!” Captain Valentine vouched for Bradson’s well-being.

“ He is a chivalrous man! A virtuous man who seeks to end the tyranny of this unscrupulous Skylord!”

 

  “ Let Bradson speak for himself!” Delprim Jargo waved the noisy young men away annoyedly.

  “ Bradson! What is it that you seek?!”

 

  “ Vengeance.” Captain Bradson replied tersely, the word like a gong ringing soundly in their ears.

  “ The Skylord has committed crimes that can no longer be ignored. He has hurt my crew, and those I cared for the most. I have to stop him, with as much help as I can muster.”

 

  “ Ridding the Skylord benefits me nothing and shall cost both my life and status!” Delprim Jargo argued, realizing he was not the man they seek.

  “ None of you will succeed. Not even if you have gathered all the Captains and Starbreakers. The Skylord has powers that surpass imagination and exceeds the mind! I’d rather die slaying Demons than operating a coup.”

 

  “ Perhaps you are unaware, Captain Jargo, for you, were excluded from the Grand Gathering the night before,” Bradson cleared his throat as he continued solemnly.

  “ The Skylord has forbidden all actions to exterminate Demons. All Captains are relieved of their duties from this day onward.”

 

  “ Huh?!” Delprim Jargo had not heard of such chickanery.

 

  “ Not just that, but even our ships! The Skylord has confiscated all our ships!” Captain Valentine added with furious fervor.

  “ We are but forgotten warriors deprived of our glory! But most unforgivable of all…He dares take all of lady Reina’s Memories away!!!”

 

  The young captain stomped the ground, beating his chest with unrivaled rage.

 

  “ Take away ships…and Memories…???” Delprim Jargo guffawed, looking at Bradson’s grey stern eyes for confirmation.

  

  The old Captain nodded back solemnly.

  “ Those that oppose him are snatched the will to Remember.” Bradson’s voice steamed with deep anger, like a raging sea with tides high like mountains.

  “ He seizes the Light in our hearts and either alter them…or destroys them entirely. And by taking our ships away, he dimmed us unable to retaliate.”

 

  “ But you, Captain Jargo.” Valentine Vanodai exclaimed hopefully, eager to persuade the distrusting man.

  “ You weren’t present that night, like me! Thus your ship hasn’t yet been confiscated. We will have two ships if you would lend a hand, Captain Jargo! At least we would stand a chance—”

 

  “ No way! Two ships to battle against hundreds?! And go against the power to snatch Memories and reshape our Light Hearts?! I’d rather leave myself out of this, thank you very much!”

  Delprim Jargo turned to leave.

 

  “ Captain Jargo,” Bradson called as the bald captain took his leave.

“ Let me remind you that you are a Captain with the knowledge of our coup, someone with the ‘Memories’ of a dangerous revolt.”

 

  “ What you are saying…is you won’t let me leave this room?!” Captain Jargo snarled.

“ Even if I swear to never tell a light soul of our meeting of paramount secrecy?!”

 

  “ We would be most glad that you don’t foil our plans, Captain Jargo.” Bradson nodded courteously.

  “ But it is the Skylord you should consider that may see through your Mind, with his Memory seeing eyes, and dim you a cohort of our plot.”

 

  Delprim Jargo stopped short, halting his steps at the doorstep, teeth gnashing, eyebrows twitching. He had been set up, the very moment he agreed to follow. Now with this Memory, with this past of conversing with Bradson and Valentine, he has automatically marked himself a criminal against the throne. There is no way for him to escape now. Either be caught and executed by the Skylord, or perish in this hopeless revolt.

 

  “ But let me remind you, Captain Jargo,” Bradson added with a silent chuckle that resembled a feigned cough.

  “ That my intentions are to avenge. Not the Throne. This city still seeks a rightful ruler if our coup is somehow, successful in the end. Who better lead the legions of Starbreakers and command the array of starships, than a Master of the fleet himself?”

 

  Bradson’s words seized Delprim Jargo’s heart the moment he finished. As competitive a man as Jargo, surely only one position can he finally be literally unrivaled, unsurpassed.

 

  To become the Skylord himself.

 

  “ And…and you, Vanodai?!” Delprim Jargo guffawed nervously, stepping back into the room again gingerly, eyeing the young blond captain suspiciously.

  “ What are your motives in this coup??”

 

  “ I too am here to avenge lady Reina, and retrieve her Memory back from that tyrant.” Captain Valentine replied chivalrously without hesitance.

 

  Bradson rolled his eyes but kept silent.

 

  “ Sure, sure…” Jargo clasped his hands, brooding his path of majesty with a grin apparent to the eyes.

  “ If it is so…Let me fetch my ship, then. Jolly Cooperation, Gentlemen?”

  Bradson sighed quietly in relief.

 

  It took old Bradson Captain some minutes to return to his abode by foot, where his trusty commander Firren and new Starbreaker knight Momo were already there waiting at the front quarters, preparations all set, when suddenly—an explosion none would ever expect erupted miles away, thundering through the heavens, shaking the whole capital left to right, up and down, shuddering the strong-walled fortress of Skylord palace, leaving one large aperture in the castle gates.

 

  “ Is that part of your plan, captain…?” Firren uttered in awe and shock, staggering back up to his feet after the violent rumble.

 

  “ No…it is not…!” Bradson’s face did blanch for his intuitions sensed an unease in the whole flow of happenings. Someone had also planned to assault the Skylord, earlier than they had planned. Something was clearly amiss.

 

  “ We stick to the plan. Hold our horses and observe.” Bradson gave out the order discreetly, ushering Firren and Momo to follow him.

  “ We have only one chance…We have to make things Right!!”

 

  “ Yes, Captain!” Both Firren and Momo answered with bright fervor.

   Neither of them, not even Bradson Captain himself, would expect things to go terribly wrong.

.

.

.

 

—Present Moment—

—Within the Realm of Memories—

.

………

…………

.

    92%

  That was indeed, wrought deeply into his despondent mind’s visual, the amount of data he had managed to transmit into his USB cartridge, of the secrets, blueprints, journals, and insights, that his mentor had left behind, stored once inside the Solar Industry headquarters.

 

  It was not all.

 

  Not all of them were retrieved…

  Caesar Skyman scanned the stored data through his dingy laptop, set at the inner side of his stuffed unorganized secret lab underneath the school grounds, clicking open files and folders, pouring upon his wide eyes the long-lost teachings, convoluted graphs, and illusive tactics that surpassed his imagination that all seemed too surreal to be true, acknowledging one ultimate message amongst all the distinct technologies combined.

 

  It is possible.

 

  The current world can still be saved.

 

  Caesar slumped back onto his chair rest, astonished, dumbfounded by the series of astounding reveals that his eyes had been blessed to feast upon.

 

  It was as if his mentor was there by his side, guiding his hand, focusing his vision, 

 

  showing him the way.

 

  Amongst all the sea of message files and data prints, Caesar scrolled slowly, one particular file format caught his eyes, sticking out among the rest.

 

  It was a video file—possibly a visual recording of the Past!

 

  No way…Caesar double-clicked intensely, without even the courage to speculate what he was about to witness.

  His laptop flickered in a split second, before dying into darkness.

 

  Exasperated, coming to a rash conclusion without even waiting for a second more, Caesar quickly attached his laptop to a secondary screen fearing that his old laptop wasn’t working as it should. But the secondary screen was dark as before.

  Clicking countlessly to test if the file had deteriorated his whole computer, Caesar realized the file was running. The footage was playing.

 

  But nothing visible!

 

  He must see it. He must make sure nothing is left behind—but as he wired all the screens he could find in his to his antic laptop, a chilling dreadful thought surged up his veins and froze his heart.

  Is this the 8% that he had not brought back from Solar Industries…?

  Can it be…that this footage, this recording, is all that he needed to know, to connect all the dots, all the secrets and teachings inside this hard drive…?! The most fundamental part of his mission…his task to save the dying world, restore humanity, squandered by his blunder?!?!

 

  “ No…” Caesar could not help but utter, collapsing onto his seat, close to tears.

 

  The puzzle is close to completion…yet the last piece…gone, forever—

  “...Is this thing on…?”

  Caesar jolted back up, shook, and tremendously startled by the sudden voice ringing out of the speakers at the back of his many collective screens, echoing across the occupied enclosure.

 

  It was a voice of power, of confidence. A voice he could never forget, intonations that stirred his emotions and rippled his memories.

 

  It was his mentor speaking.

 

  Passing her voice and knowledge through time.

  Tears no more could his eyes hold back as they cascaded freely down Caesar’s cheeks.

 

  As always…Hoshino Sensei never disappoints—!!!

  “ Oh, it IS on! Gomen, gomen…here, let me adjust it right—Here.”

  And all the screens, all the monitors Caesar had attached to his laptop in a frenzy, all lit up in bursting light altogether in unison, flashing the lab like dozens of suns at full rise. illuminating the already-lit room into a holy space of pure white, and bluish glow.

  Caesar tried to shield his eyes, but the want to witness, to see his mentor once more barged the thought as he stared, staring with eyes so wide as his vision slowly adapted to the astounding blooms of blue gentle light.

  At first, Caesar thought it was a hand moving slowly in the middle of the screen. But the longer he stared, the more randomness the moving entity exhibited, drifting, grasping to the side until finally, the lens of the shooting camera readjusted its focus and the floating thing before him gradually resembled a certain form.

 

  “ Is it clear? Anyways,” His mentor’s voice chuckled as if she had expected her apprentice Caesar Skyman’s look of utter disbelief way back while she was recording this bit.

 

  “ This here, is the Turritopsis Dorhnii, in the flesh! The Immortal Jellyfish, once lost, now found!

 

  Caesar nodded quickly in answer, his mind reflecting on the pages of his diary, notes he made during his learning years.

 

  “ But this is not just any Turritopsis Dorhnii. You see the glow?...umm…The screen’s too small…Anyhow, this one is infused with something different. Something…not of this Earth. Something out there had caused its mutation, and enhanced its healing abilities, so as to withstand the Scourge. 

  Yes, indeed…It repels the Nano Scourge.

 

  Caesar Skyman felt like a student again, sitting through his favorite class of techno-biology and engineering. listening to his beloved teacher’s lecturing. His hands trembled with excitement, struggling to find a pen to hurriedly scribble down what he had heard onto parchment.

 

  “ It’s the genes, the mutated ones that show such behavior. The ones that this…Force embellishes. I call it—Light. It is Light. And extracting this Light, I made—

  “ …Mommy?”

  Caesar Skyman did a double take, not by the sudden appearance of the voice that seemed to not cause any interruption to the speaker within the many screens.

 

  But by how the child’s call seemed so close, as if right behind him—

  “...Yuri…?!” Caesar Skyman gapped, as there, his wide eyes so beheld, standing a meter away behind him, those wide eyes gazing at all the screens flickering that one familiar silhouette.

 

  Eyes of the young child, light blue dazzling locks of hair twinkling in the shadows of the cramped storage space, staring with a gaze of- longing, earning, to see her mother once again.

  That was when the mentor panned the screen to a wide drawing board behind her, where the blueprints of a massive, circular establishment were revealed alongside many military arsenals and 2D flying battleship models.

  “ This, is the container, the ultimate engine to power this neverending Power—

  “ No...Yuri, what are you doing here ?!” Caesar rashly rose up from his seat, sprawling his way across the over-cumbered room.

 

  But small Yuri couldn’t care less of what Caesar Sensei had to say.

 

  She was trying to listen to what her mother was saying—

  “—This Light of Miracles—

  “ You are not supposed to be here… Yuri !” Caesar’s shadow loomed over the young child, an arm reaching out towards her.

  And that was when Yuri first heard of the word, 

 

  when Caesar Skyman too, 

 

  when they both heard of the exact name for the first time in their lives—

  “ —Let’s call it, The Herunis Carna.

.

………

……………

.

  A violent jolt brought Caesar Skyman back from another spontaneous Memory that had just flashed through his mind as he stood, upon the rivers of Stars and Blaze, amongst the void eternal, locked in a standstill between this young girl, this Starbreaker of wonders before him. 

  The powers of the Herunis Carna, is it…? Caesar slightly adjusted his stance, reminiscing what he had just encountered,  a vivid memory out of the blue. Entities, sorcery-like amalgamations that are far beyond his comprehension. Powers of miraculous feats he so needs… to fulfill his one Promise. 

    

 

  “ To show mercy upon a child of my former Mentor,” Caesar Skylord began his chant triumphantly. 

  “ To show you that I HAVE ALREADY WON, I shall share my perspective and motive with thee. Listen well, Yuri, child of My Benefactor—Child of Hoshino Sensei

  I need the Herunis Carna, to seek back my Claudia… 

 …My Love.”

  Caesar Skylord, he who now stood in the middle of the stream of Light, in the realm of Memory, cared not to clarify the details but jumped straight to his motives without further elaboration. Details are not meant to be explained to them, Caesar had decided from the start of his crusade. I do, therefore I achieve. They need not know of the technicalities, but only heed my Call!

 

  “ I have only one thing in mind, one thought that is never clouded by hesitation, and that is to save my beloved Claudia, who now drifts helplessly…Waiting for My Arrival! My resolve has led to my victory. My Noble Cause is about to be fulfilled! Yuri, stand not in the way of the Wrong. Lead Me To The Herunis Carna!!!!!”

  Yuri stared back, eyes full of hatred, her sword trapped in the Skylord’s grasp as she silently glared at first before finally, she spoke.

  “ …What… did you just call me…?”

  The Skylord’s sneer broadened.

 

  HohA misstep on my part, Caesar chuckled in snide thought, to have mentioned your Mother’s family name in a fit of triumph. But futile of you to try to remember—for your memories are no longer with you, no longer capable of serving yourself! It is mine for the using, mine for the taking! Swell, swell, your curiosity shall be my clear opening!

 

  With Yuri’s pressing sword rifle in his hardened grip, Caesar slowly motioned it away, further with leisure, toying his assailant like a cat to a mouse, his prize.

 

  “ Do you really want to know?” Caesar Skyman edged his malicious sneer closer, bowing in towards the standstill hovering inches away from Yuri.

  “ Of the dire, woeful, Past? Of the tears and pain of the times? Ignorance is a blessing once lost never would return. You don’t have to dwell in those sorrows, you don’t have to endure the torments I have so experienced...But still, you want to. It is well planted within you, Your Curiosity. Your longing to Seek what was yours that now lay dormant. Fortunately,  I can grant you that knowledge. I can grant Everyone, All of Us, that knowledge! In exchange…of that Memory you so hold. Grant it to me, grant me insight, Yuri!”

 

  Caesar knew his enticing words had affected Yuri somehow by the way she struggled, the strength of Yuri’s endeavor diminishing. He could feel the weapon in the teenager's hand falter, her vice-like grip upon his other hand loosening.

 

  Yuri is giving in. Caesar knows it. Any second now, the moment she lets go, the moment she lets her guard down—Is the Moment he strikes.

  But Yuri didn’t let go.

  “ You could have asked…” Yuri hissed in a threatening whisper, the streams of light reflecting the fiery glow in her now-raising glance of sheer anger.

  “ You could have asked…You could have asked, like anyone would…! But all you did was hurt my friends, my family! Only to lure me out into your grasp…! No matter how right, no matter how noble, how benevolent your reasons are— I am Never Going to Help You! Never!”

  And there, as Caesar thought his stance and pressure were paramount, the young Starbreaker, the determined girl pushed forward with all her starlight strength, sinking her blade down inched across the Skylord’s deflecting palm.

  Blood, rich in a bright emerald hue with tinges of crimson spurted out from the aperture now carved deep between his fingers.

  Gnashing his teeth in response to the pain, Caesar pushed forth his vertically sliced hand, forcefully severing it with Yuri’s blade, freeing half of his body from the standstill as the sword rifle traveled downward behind Caesar’s evading pose.

  But his other hand, his left arm, was still caught in Yuri’s adamant grasp.

 

  Before Caesar Skyman could think of a way to break free from the last portion of thin captivity, Yuri her captor was already in the air, spinning above him still grabbing hard upon that arm of Skyman, which through Yuri’s full spin, rotated counterclockwise in an anti-anatomical fashion, splintering the ulna and breaking the radius within Caesar as Yuri landed back onto the starry lit stream, swinging her blade up towards his neck with a final ending note.

 

  Insolence! Caesar uttered in his maddening thoughts, drowned in the pain of his shattered left arm and the confusion of the impossible agility of this young Starbreaker girl before him. Escape seemed as easy as flipping his palm seconds before, but now, under the drastic change of power within this Starbreaker, all his actions were deemed futile.

  But who am I?!?! Who am I who have strived and toiled for ages, only to fail at the last milestone?! That is not this Caesar Skyman…! That is not my Fate!!!

 

  “ Naaarrrgghhhhh!!!!!”  

 

  The cry of the Skylord reflected his resolve, and empowered that severed right arm to bloom and bulge into a beam of light, a saber of searing flare that he used not to strike nor deflect Yuri his opponent—

 

  — But cut off the left arm that Yuri so clenched tightly to hinder his own flight.

 

  Free from all attachments, Caesar Skyman darted out with a deafening zoom, and vanished, right before Yuri’s eyes.

 

  The sword rifle swung full circle, slicing nothing but the sparkling light specs fluttering in the air. Like snow.

 

  Blue snow.

 

  And there in the flakes, were voices, and faces. 

 

.

……….

.

 

  “ Caesar, I need you to be honest with me.”

 

  Gazing at the school grounds out of his tainted foggy round office window, fixed in a frown of melancholy, Caesar did not reply to Claudia’s apprehensive questioning.

 

  “ What happened the night before? What happened between you and Yuri that frightened her so?!”

 

  “ …It is for her own good…”

 

  The man could but murmur in a whisper aghast.

 

  “ …For all our own good…”

 

  “ Then What Is It?!?!” Claudia demanded, her body arched over the solemn man, arms pressed against his, turning Caesar’s chair to face her and her alone, caging him in her adamant inquisition.

  “ Tell me…Please…Caesar…!”

  “ I can’t drag you into this…”

 

  “ You never dragged me anywhere. I chose my own path. I chose you.”

 

  “ …I might lose you…Claudia…”

 

  “ We are never gone, Caesar…as long as we remember, we believe—”

 

.

………

.

 

  Yuri quickly spun around, panicking, under the dwindling flurry of blue snow, eyes wide like saucers.

 

  What have I just seen…?! What Memory am I feeling right now…?!?!

.

.

.

 

  Dashing to Yuri’s rear, Caesar Skylord could sense the Starbreaker girl’s sudden hesitance. 

 

  Can it be…that she could see it too…?! Caesar gnashed his teeth, mustering strength far behind with grave fervor. 

  She could see it too…!! Her eyes…they are staring into my Memory, like how I stared into hers—Our subconsciouses are connected in this Zone!!! This Realm of the Herunis Carna!!!

 

 Wo…Wonderful—!!!!

 

  Caesar nearly shouted out with utter glee, barely exposing his whereabouts, flying across the stars and the void, charging in to stop whatever Yuri had seen that has been exposed of him.

.

………

.

 

  “ You know my mentor…Hoshino ■■■■ Sensei…?”

 

  “ We all know her very well, Caesar,” Claudia replied to the man’s solemn question with earnest.

  “ Is it…something with the Files of Hoshino Sensei…? You found them in Solar Industries…have you not…?”

  92%

  Caesar gulped, swallowing back the remorseful truth, and whispered.

  “ Do you know…Hoshino Sensei… has a Daughter…?”

  Pale white did Claudia’s expression blenched the instant Caesar finished his say.

  “......No……” Claudia admitted, shaking slightly all over, her intuitions shouting the obvious to her ears, deducting from what she had seen earlier that day—of the terrified Yuri, silent and distant all morning unlike her previous bright self—and what she had not seen the night before.

  “ Is it…Can it be…?!?!”

  “ Her name is Hoshino Yuri. Hoshino Sensei’s heir.” Caesar’s voice echoed with indifference.

   “ I never told you, but the truth is…this whole institute, this school…It is all made for Her. It is…Sensei’s dying wish…”

  “ Then what have you done to her…??” Claudia stammered, trying to set her emotions aside and focus on the truth, the happenings she craveth knowing.

  “ What has she seen—what have you done, that made her terrified so?!?!”

 

    Silence.

 

  “ CAESAR !!!”

  Reluctantly, the man let go of his clenched fist, letting it roll out of his palm, to the reflecting smooth surface of his desk.

 

  There, a glass vial no more than three inches, stopped in the middle of the broad messy platform.

 

  The viscous liquid sparkled with bluish light.

  It was Claudia’s turn to fall ultimately silent. in sheer distraught.

  “ Ten years ago, near the ending years of the War… A spec of an Asteroid was found under the sea.”

 

  “ …Zeorudea…!” Claudia gasped, not believing her own ears. As a researcher in the field of astronomy and the vast universe, the name struck a chord so deep in the depth of her memories that seemed long lost but remerged once more with newfound light.

  Like a myth, scientists have been chasing this astronomical Being since the first telescope was invented, a secret of its existence and the utter power it holds that has lingered through time within journals and obscure texts, being disregarded by common folk, but analyzed unrelentlessly by pioneers.

  And after eons of searching and waiting, the veil of mystery has slightly been unveiled.

 

  “ So you know…The Millenium Comet.” Caesar sighed quietly, nodding delayingly.

“ Years before, at the time when the Comet is closest to Earth, research teams have attempted to reach it, to plant a satellite probe into its shell with atomic drills. Though unsuccessful, somehow, a piece of the Comet fell into the seas near Yokohama region, and they discovered…unexplainable phenomena exhibited by the animal life around that area of sea. Especially the Jellyfishes—the Turritopsis Dohrnii.”

 

  “ Turritopsis…Dohrnii…?” Claudia repeated, a faint bell ringing inside of her.

 

  “ A Jellyfish that can rebirth itself through reverting through life stages, into a polyp, then grow back, and again. We nicknamed it the immortal Jellyfish due to its unique habit, but now…with the Light of the comet’s essence…It’s…Truly Immortal.”

 

  Claudia’s eyes were now on the glowing liquid kept within the reflecting glass. Sparkles surreal bubbling as if with life.

 

  “ And that…is…??”

 

  “ A Replica, according to my Mentor’s research. I extracted the Blood and the genes from the Dorhnii in my lab and engineered it as Sensei did. And I…” 

  Caesar Stopped short immediately before the words slipped out of his mouth.

 

  “ …And ?!”

 

  Caesar turned away quickly but Claudia turned him back to face her fiercely.

 

  “ What Did You Do?!?!” 

  

 

  Reluctantly, Caesar Skyman replied.

  “ I tested it…on Yuri…”

.

………

.

 

  Two seconds after did Yuri’s ears caught track the swirls of a nearly silent breeze, whooshing backward behind her as she swung her whole body, along with her blade as soon as she could, clashing just in time against the bursting light blade protruding out of the Skylord’s severed arm that was aiming right at her nape.

 

  It was as if she was sent back to that night.

 

  The moment in time when this man, this person she once knew, she once called Headmaster…

 

  was holding an injection needle toward her.

  Fear, like tendrils wrapped all around her limbs, pulled Yuri down with beastly force. One she cannot succumb.

 

.

………

.

 

  “ It is for her own good…For All Of Us…!!” Caesar argued despite the tears of anger welling out of Claudia’s eyes.

  “ There is something I haven’t shown you, something Hoshino Sensei hasn’t shown to the world—Something that could save All Of Us!!!”

 

  “ No matter what it is—How could you do this to a child?!” Exasperated, Claudia questioned.

 

  Yet Caesar remained firm in answer.

 

  “ Because she knows…She Has the Memory of it.” 

 

  The Memory…of that one place…!

 

  “ Claudia…I didn’t bring back all that my mentor has kept in Solar Industries…8%...8% is what we still lack. And that 8%, documents where this thing…this Innovation to save the world…Where this Herunis Carna lies!! In this Realm somewhere!! And Only Yuri knows! Yuri must not perish!! She must…be Eternal…For Our Salvation…!!!!”

.

………

.

 

  “ You have seen it…Have you Not…?!?!”

  

  With a frenzied swipe of her blade, Yuri parried the Skylord’s slash, pushing the looming man back as he leapt miles apart, almost ready to charge again with all his might.

 

  “ You have seen my Memories…So You know…how special you are…!” 

 

  “ What have you done to me…?!?!” Yuri shouted, fear writhing like shaded arms from deep within.

  “ What have you done to me in the Past…Before All of This…!?!?!?!”

 

  Caesar Skylord’s lips curled into a senile grin of satisfaction, mangled with scents of insanity as he replied ghastly.

 

  “ I…brought you back, Yuri. I brought everyone back…”

 

  And raising his left arm he so severed himself, showing the glowing stub from which sparkles dazzled from the bright bloody liquid. And with flashes of supernatural fashion, the humming of the unorthodox, a new arm grew out from its roots.

 

  “ Light Blood, Yuri.” Caesar chuckled, flexing his newly grown arm with ease.

“ It is the Light that now flows in your vessels, in the Children’s veins, pumping in Everyone’s Light Hearts!! Light that grants all…a Second Chance. Light Blood…that comes from—YOU.”

 

  Yuri stepped back, her mind at a loss computing all that had just entered her ears.

  Light…Blood…?!

  “ Your Mother left behind Gifts for you that surpass all riches, Blessings invaluable through time. Yet you do not see, you do not Remember…But I do. Light of the Millenium Comet fused with the Blood of the Immortal Jellyfish! It is your Mother’s design…a brand new biological force to defend against Nano Scourge—to Go Against the Laws of Nature!!

  That is what I have done to thee, For Thee…”

 

  “ Lies!!” Yuri uttered, raising her blade once more, pointing its sharp tip at the exuberant Skylord.

  “ You do it for yourself…! You made me…You made me out of the Yuri that once was, the Yuri whose Memories now reside in Me…!! You made me out of this Light Blood, so that you can Harvest My Memories of the Herunis Carna!!”

 

  “ Ha Ha Ha!! Indeed, I need you and your Memories.” Caesar nodded in confirmation.

“ To map out the exact location of your Mother’s Greatest Work, to find the Herunis Carna—to save My Claudia!!!”

 

  “ I Will Not!!!!” Yuri refused, sending out her six energy grappling hooks as she charged with them, against the Skylord, who, with a blast of Light, like a bubble of gold exploding around the Lord’s presence, emitted such immense force and blaze, his whole visage now glowing with superb daze.

 

  “ You Have To!!!!” Caesar shouted back, grabbing one shooting grappling hook towards his face and using it as his own weapon, slashing with wild force, forcing Yuri to the defensive.

  “ You owe us all…Too Much, Yuri!! You Owe Me!!! You Owe Claudia!!!! You Owe Every one of Us—Every Child you cared for and called friend and family—An Apology!! Redemption!!!!!!”

  With a tremendous thrust, Caesar struck the sharp energy grappling hook seized in his muscular grip into Yuri’s left shoulder, shattering the Starbreaker shoulder piece in one fell swoop. 

  Teeth gnashed in perseverance of her splintered shoulder, Yuri let another set of grappling hooks pull her out of range, panting as she staggered, sword rifle pierced to the ground as support. Aside from the pain of her wounds, her belly throbbed, aching more and more in intermittent waves.

 

  Caesar Skyman saw it plain. Yuri would fall in no time. Something inside of her is dragging her down, causing her great handicap.

  He could take her out in seconds, but it is the pain and torment he wished to inflict upon Yuri, for her surrender of the Memory is paramount. He has to break her, and Caesar Skylord knows exactly how, now that she knows a small bit of her past. She had seen of her younger self, her days Before All This—!

 

  With just a small push, Her Memories she shall surrender to Me—

 

.

.

.

  Back in the realm of reality, where Skyworld afloat in the gloomy morn, smog heralding the upheaval and outcomes of conflict wafting across the city skylines, our Starbreaker General ‘Solo’ was still pushing back the overwhelming Astra that threatens to puncture his full presence whole.

  Though his actions were bound and his position trapped by the utter force crushing from above, ‘Solo’ was not at all in a hurry.

 

  Caesar Skyman has succeeded. It is only a matter of time before his ventures move to the next step. 

 

   “ Futile of you to assume you can surpass the Skylord now, Caerlia!” ‘Solo’ hollered from far below near the subspaces of the palace bases, with his two bulging metallic arms pushing up the drilling hurricane of starlight flare up higher than before. It is only a matter before I defeat you, Caerlia!

  “ Your pursuits to seize the Herunis Carna without the Skylord’s bidding shall be considered treason. But your repentance will still be considered. Lay down your weapons and turn back now! His highness is a negotiable man.”

 

  But Caerlia, the Lansara Suprima, gave no reply but responded in tranquil silence, with the Astra she still pressured upon Solo, no sign of turning back. That foolish girl…!

 

  Without sentiment, without warning nor hollering of incantations, Solo set off a dozen long-bladed fangs out of his leg armor units, thrust-type drones of loyal sentience capable of either close or far-range assaults, all out to the air, soaring in secrecy under the transparent alloy tinted upon their smooth ebony film.

 

   She wouldn’t even know how she perished!

.

.

.

.

.

  Falling upon her thigh as she rested on a hovering wide disc pod in the smoke-filled skies above the ashen towers and skyscrapers, Yuno coughed with much strain as to prevent her exposed lungs from erupting.

  The Skylord’s utter blow had cast irreversible damage upon her body, and only through her Starbreaker armor closing in to somehow barge the excessive bleeding can Yuno slightly withstand the fatal wound a while longer.

 

  Had the Skylord gone on with his pursuit, Yuno knew she would no longer be here coughing for life. But the situation was way worse than just her sacrificing her Light. Caesar Skyman had connected to the Herunis Carna networks, and invaded Yuri’s Minds and Memories through the Capital, through Skyworld’s linking power sources. And though the lord of Sky may now seem as if stranded in a vegetative state floating above his royal abode, his soul was afar and battling for control of the Herunis Carna, and his physical body free from all kinds of inflictions.

  Yuno, gnashing her teeth and summoning two disc blades through her diminishing force, tossed one of the weapons forth at the man that stood in the air like a sturdy monument, only to be repelled by an invisible barrier that glistened bright of many colors before vanishing once more into transparency.

  No doubt, the barrier around the Skylord’s presence is of the Herunis Carna’s blessings, and to use them upon his physical form means he had certain control over the whole mystical realm. This could mean only ill will, and the risk of the Herunis Carna falling into the Skylord’s hands rising higher with each second passing.

 

  But wait…!

 

  Yuno’s observing eyes, though blurred by her own tears saw through Caesar Skyman’s T-posing menace and beheld the other form also enveloped in hues of light, glowing in a bluish sphere way back at the highest floor of the Skyworld palace that was exposed excluding of the roof.

  The Sky Princess. Also caught in a trance, operating as her lord Father’s power assistance vessel, granting Caesar Skylord the competence to override the Herunis Carna’s network and access powers of neverending Light Souls he gathered across the lands. Without the Princess…exterminating the Sky Princess would pull Caesar Skyman back to reality…!

  With her visor, Yuno quickly calculated the distance between herself and the floating princess far below.

 

  Her eyes narrowed with deep resolve.

.

.

.

 

  Aside from the dominant immovable pose of the tranced Skylord in the air, and Sora sleeping above the quarters trapped in a blue energy shell, Rio saw another growing blaze of ultramarine and searing white far higher above the Skylord’s position, gathering spark and conjoining energies welling with much force.

 

  “ No way…” Rio’s eyes widened as his knowing caught up with his sight.

“ That Starbreaker…!!” Rio uttered, pointing to the other dumbfounded children focusing their mortified gaze on the Skylord instead of what Rio was seeing.

  “ That Starbreaker…She is about to cast an Astra…!”

 

  “ To defeat the Skylord?!?!” Lucky asked hopefully, to which Rio didn’t instantly reply.

 

  The angle, the trajectory of the weapon…It is after Sora…!!!!

 

  “ Sora…That Starbreaker is aiming at Sora!!!!” Rio blurted out of sheer terror, springing to action right then and there, climbing the jagged ravaged marble walls to get to the upper tier of the palace dome where the Sky Princess now levitated.

 

  “ We have to wake her up…!!!” Lima cried, sheathing her Lightsaber quickly and climbing the rock pillars close behind.

  “ The Skylord is unstoppable if She is in this state!”

 

  Sensing Neliya’s consciousness fleeting right out of reach, Neo too decided he should climb up with his brother Rio and bring the Sky Princess down to save Neliya from her mortal wounds. 

  “ Lucky, take care of Neliya. Oullo, to me!” The child lead spake shortly and went on with firm determination, with his loyal sidekick behind as the two followed Lima and Rio up the crooked slope. 

 

.

.

.

  The target was over 10 meters away, with the wind against her.

 

  And just one disc blade left in her pouch.

 

  “ If the fates so ordain it…!!” Yuno panted, mustering all her remaining Starbreaker essence into her hand and into the circular disc that started to rotate and spin with vigorous velocity.

  “ Caesar Skyman…Your reign is over!!!!”

 

  Three minutes. Three minutes is all she needs, to power this one last blow and send it to sever the ties.

 

  To destroy Sora Sky Princess and Caesar Skyman both in one fell swoop!!!

 

  But to Yuno’s utter shock, four children there were, climbing up to where the Princess resided, approaching her target ignorantly. They are getting within blast radius…!

 

  Yuno bit her lips impatiently and in agitation. 

 

  These children were going to be in the way of her one last blow!

   What are they thinking?! 

   Aiming for a better visual, Yuno somehow realized why she never tried to make contact or communicate with them children.

 

  They are more of a hindrance than the help they can ever provide. 

 

  And besides…They remind her of her Past, Her failures.

 

.

.

.

  “ Right there, Captain Bradson!” Captain Valentine whispered valiantly, pointing down from where he perched on top of the ravaged half-shattered dome roof of the Skyworld palace. His pinkish-red Starbreaker armor glistened under the morning lights like a rose in juvenile bloom.

  “ Her highness the Princess is on the third floor, in the center of the Lord’s throne room! And the Skylord seemed to be morbid as we speak! Let’s charge!”

 

  “ Wait!!” Bradson Captain held the young captain back with an appalled cry, kneeling also on the palace dome with his Starbreaker binoculars pointing down at the corners of the wreaked imploded throne room.

 

  Captain Valentine noticed the slight trembling of this old captain’s fingers that grew more and more apparent as the old man’s body followed suit into a horrified shiver.

  “ Captain Bradson?! Are you having a stroke?!” The young man questioned, feverously fumbling through his weapons set to seek a health kit, in fear that this old gentleman, this Captain that was like a father figure to Reina perishing under his watch would tarnish his good reputation. I still need Bradson Captain’s consent for Reina’s hand—!!! This Valentine Vanodai uttered in thought, frantically producing his weaponized sedative drones.

  

  “ Get that away from me!!” Bradson Captain hollered, stupefying the young man as Bradson stood up, frantic as ever, before leaping down step by step onto the protruding steel frameworks, charging into the throne room at full speed. 

  Dazed by shock and the deafening holler, Valentine wondered what could steer such a wave of emotion within this old reserved Captain’s light heart.

  

  It was, of course, the children that triggered Captain Bradson’s alertness to the highest alarm.

  It was the sight of Neo, Rio, Oullo…and especially Lima, climbing up to the throne room, that terrified the old man so.

 

 They are not supposed to be here!! How have things come to this ?!?! Regretting achingly for averting his glance away from the children he deared, Bradson quickly activated the secret device lodged at the left side of his head, as a faint glow flickered where his temple was.

.

.

.

 

  Jolting up out of her slumber all of a sudden back in the Children’s shelter, scaring the children sitting nearby, Tricia sat straight, panning her wide frantic gaze at the frightened children around her, who were building weapons and armor out of leftover Starbreaker metal.

   “ Tricia…you alright?” the scared children asked perplexed. Eyes wide in confusion, Tricia panned her gaze across their headquarters, filling her eyes with all the children’s faces as much as she could.

  But some were apparently missing.

  

 

.

.

.

 

  Neo, Rio, Neliya, Oullo, Lucky, Feira, Finnir, Kai, Treize…Lima.

 

  Inhaling deeply, Bradson closed his eyes to calm himself. This was on me…I shouldn’t have turned Tricia off at this critical moment…

 

  Praying, Castiel Bradson made a vow to the greater power his faith so resides with as he matched forth, to do what has to be done, to save those that were in peril.

 

  Oh, Lord, help me protect my children…

 

  Help me guide them back from astray…!!!

 

  Whatever price I shall pay, whatever hardship I shall withstand—

 

  Whatever it takes, I Shall Give!!!

 

  With My All————

 

.

.

.

 

  Two minutes.

 

  Yuno raised her arm, the ringed blade spinning light speed above her bloody palm, eyeing the children down below nearing her impact range coldly.

 

  That is their choice. That is not of her concern.

 

  The final step has been set into motion.

 

  “ Whatever it takes…” Yuno whispered to herself.

 

  “ To Fulfill Mother’s Promise—!!!”

.

………

.

 

  “ Yes...Feel it, Yuri.” The Skylord stood his ground abright, slightly levitating above the massive flow of Light.

  “ You are pretty close now. Let me guide thee to the Memory we all Seek!”

  She will see it!! Caesar Skyman planned meticulously. She will see what my Memory sees, and remember…!!

 

  NO!! Yuri refused to listen, refused to be influenced. For so long, from the beginning, from the moment she woke up that morning on the corridors of the Betelgeuse Starship, she had longed to Remember, to Seek her Mother, her Past. But now, doing so shall grant only the Skylord’s wishes. His wishes to save someone…someone that he longed so desperately that he could hurt others to achieve that goal…!

 

  …Claudia…

 

  Yuri gasped, unknowingly, the name of the person the Skylord so sought had inadvertently ushered memories, though vague, were full in sound and color, echoing with voices of a gentle, blissful woman, speaking to her in the Lights of Memory scattered across the void of the Realm Beyond space and time. 

 

  No…Yuri tried all efforts to shake the reminiscence away from her head, only for the voices to reverberate more, as the silhouette of a fair-featured lady formed before her sight, reflecting deeper into her mind, surrounded by children.

 

  Children she knew.

 

  And among them…was herself…

  Claudia…Sensei…

  She knew her…She…She…

  NO!!! With a hardened fist, Yuri slammed her helmet hard at the visor, bringing her focus back onto her surroundings.

   No…Stop it, Yuri…!! Don't Remember now…!!! It’s what the Skylord wants—!!

 

  Stop it…Stop…!!!

  “ You looked up to her back then.” Caesar Skylord’s voice chimed in snidely, chorusing with the Memories flooding into Yuri’s vision.

  “ We all did. She liked you as well. You were always there by her side, dragging Claudia here and there, joining in your games and joy—”

 

  “ STOP!!!!”

 

  Feelings from the past, that can never be fully extinguished, welled up with grief and desperation.

 

  “ She cared for you, for all of the poor children left behind by war. She turned away from safety, from a life of escape, for you…for Me…!” 

  Caesar’s voice lagged as he struggled to take a deep breath to bar his overflowing emotions. Star flakes, floating and flowing across the Light stream, reflecting a thousand Memories untold, ready to unfold.

  “ But see how you shun her away just now. The Thought of even remembering her voice terrifies you? You fear to remember fully, to keep your Memories as far away from me as possible. Yet…

 

  …That is not the only reason, is it? Yuri?”

  Before Yuri realized it, the Skylord was already standing right before her, his blinding frame beaming over her kneeling form.

 

  But Caesar did not strike. But stood, confident and menacing.

  “ Your anger…” The Skylord mused condescendingly.

  “ Your anger is towards the suffering I caused upon the children…upon your so-called…Family. See??

  Somehow you knew. Somehow, without you even seeing, you could sense their jeopardy…! It is part of you…This sentiment…This feeling you have for them. It is from a Memory, one that you so feared; One that you so locked away in the deepest of places… ”

  Before Caesar finished, Yuri twisted back, spinning around and sending one lethal blow of her sword rifle upon where Caesar’s ankles were, only for the Skylord to leap up high before the slash could touch him, landing gracefully at Yuri’s rear. She is slowing down. Caesar sensed with glee, she is weakening, in pain… somehow she wouldn’t make it as far as I—!!

 

  With his words well sought to undermine Yuri’s stability, Caesar went on with his lethal utterance.

  “ But the Children!! They are not who you thought they were! You yourself are not who you thought to be! You know nothing about the family and friends you so call, Yuri...” 

 

  “ I know—They are suffering under your reign!!!!” Not giving up until the last second, Yuri rose up again, swiping the air behind her with her blade, which Caesar evaded with lightning backstep. But Yuri slashed again, and again, and again. With only one hand, whirling her caliber with grave determination to stop this tyrannic lord once and for all, only to realize how far The Skylord’s level of sheer power and abilities were above hers.

  

  Caesar Skylord continued his insidious speech, slapping the sword rifle and grappling hooks aside as he spoke in venomous cadence.

  “ You thought it was love that powers you now to strike me, the anger that my governing upon my folk doesn't suit your likings? You thought you cared, you thought it was the sentiment, the intimacy towards those you know and dear…But what if I tell you, It was not of Love upon them that ails you—

 

  —But the Guilt deep within?!” 

  Guilt…?!

  At that moment, Yuri realized her hand, was inadvertently clenched before her chest. Right above that gripping cold sensation that so chained ruthlessly around her Light Heart.

 

  Is this…this Feeling…

  …Guilt…?!

 

  Far, far away, Yuri’s ears started to hear what she thought she had already gotten rid of long before, her head dizzying and stinging the more the seconds pass.

 

  The high-piercing screeches, the screams, and the incomprehensible cries in her head 

 

  have all started to return.

.

………

.

  “ Don’t try it, Claudia…! I beg of you…I can find it! I can find the Herunis Carna!!”

 

  “ There is no time! If there is a chance another Solar Industries kept the data up there— I have to get it back, Caesar…I have to.”

 

  “ It’s in space!!!!”

 

  “ I know how to navigate a shuttle…”

 

.

………

.

  “ Indeed…” Caesar nodded in answer, feigning a sigh of melancholy.

“ For the folly you have committed, for the things you have done in your youth!!! Woe be the one that forgets their own sins of the Past. But such an atrocity is never easily forgotten, don’t you say?”

 

  “ What are you talking about…?!?!” Stammering, her body trembling and cold, Yuri asked in a wavering demand, sword rifle raised.

 

  Caesar replied with a sheepish scoff.

 

  “ WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!?!” Yuri shouted at the top of her lungs, trying to drown the painful incoherent shouts ringing in her ears.

 

  But they were not just inside of her. 

 

  The screams were all echoing across the vast void of star and Memory.

 

  The Realm was weeping.

  Gazing as he panned his sight, marveling at the outcoming, Caesar Skyman chuckled before laughing with elated triumph.

.

………

.

  “ Lift off in five, four, three—”

 

  “ Castiel, WAIT!!!”

 

  The old janitor spun around, the ringing of the alarm screaming across the hangars.

 

  “ Nano Scourge…Grade A…!! Closing in!!!”

 

  “ We have to go back…Abort Mission!! The School is in danger!!!!” Caesar rushed forth, heading towards the operating board as he shouted to the microphone linked to the personal-sized space shuttle down below the control platform.

  “ Claudia, ABORT—”

 

  “ NO, CAESAR!!!!”

 

  The engines started to roar as steam and fire burst out of the plump engines.

 

  “ I’ll get it back…” the ruffling distortions of the radio hid not Claudia’s uncertainty, and neither her determination.

  “ Go, Caesar…I will Get it Back…We’ll go there…together…

  To The Herunis Carna—”

  “ CLAUDIA——————————!!!!!!!!”

 

.

.

.

 

  When Caesar and Castiel returned to the school grounds, the bleak scene tore their hearts apart.

 

.

………

.

 

  “ Can you not hear?! The Past is Calling!!!” The Skylord howled, arms wide apart as if displaying his wondrous work as Yuri crumbled to her knees, hugging herself out of fear, the cold hollowness freezing her from the inside.

 

  “ They are calling for Retribution, YURI!!!!!”

 

  And the dark skies flashed abright with sparks like fireworks that stayed long, firing out scenes of the most unnerving, terrifying to behold.

 

  All over the realm, residing in sources of Light, 

 

  Yuri could only see Dead Children.

 

  Her friends, perishing before her eyes.

  NOOOOOOOOOOOOO—————————!!!!!!!!!!!

.

………

.

  “ No…No no no no no no no no no no no no…”

 

  racing with his feet that sank limply to the bloody soil, Caesar crawled up to the nearest body he could reach, hugging the stiff listless body tightly in his arms.

 

  Tears of anguish streaming down his contorted face of sheer sorrow and agony.

.

.

.

  Steering the safe house to a dive down the left before swerving back up to the right, Yun pushed their headquarters with prestigious maneuver, all efforts to evade the zigzagging proliferating lightning bolts shooting out of the Starlight Lance Rifle Pt-Retura dancing in the air, hot on their heels. 

  To keep Yuri’s body safe within the safe house, whereas Yuri attempts to stop the Skylord by linking her mind to the Memory realm.

  But even with her midst of concealment and elusion, the lance rifle seemed to be able to track them down wherever Yun went around the floating capital. Fighting back is impossible, Yun quickly deducted as she pushed the headquarters down to a steep dive, narrowly dodging a flurry of blasts unending like rain showers of fire and spark. Running out of options, Yun quickly guided the headquarters behind a towering skyscraper and searched the city skylines in search of her partner and sister Yuka, who was not far away, being dragged around in an unforgiving manner by the ferocious lance rifle Ti-tanaro.

 

  That was when an idea flashed through Yun’s mind.

  (YUKA!!!!) Yun managed to speak up through her hushed voice, crying out to the one being toyed by a sentient weapon.

 

  (I have a plan, and I need Your Help!!)

 

  “ I need YOUR help too!!!” Yuka shrieked at the top of her lungs as she rammed into a glass edifice along with the Ti-tanaro dashing with rapid fervor. 

 

  ( Just…keep hanging on, and don’t go too far…) fearing the chance of victory might slip out of their grasp any second, Yun lunged once more, pushing their headquarters full speed towards Yuka’s accelerated position, dodging the shooting stakes of searing flame as she quickly gazed down worriedly, keeping a close eye on Yuri.

 

  The girl in slumber seemed to also be in a toiling battle in the realms beyond.

 

  

 

  ( Hang on there…Yuri…!!)

  

.

……….

.

 

  No…This isn’t…It can’t be…!

 

  Turning away from the horrors around her, Yuri crawled back, fleeing with all she could muster before the Skylord barged in like a blazing catapult, seizing Yuri from behind cruelly around the neck and turned her back to face them all.

 

  To face her fears.

 

  “ Open your eyes!!” Caesar snarled, yanking Yuri’s head upward with brute force, forcing her to see, to witness the baneful Past.

  “ Look! LOOOOOK NOW!!!! Look at their faces! Look at the terror in their eyes!! It is because of you. It is because of you that they had to suffer!!!”

 

  Tears blurring, lights shafting, Yuri, as much as she feared and struggled to unsee, 

 

  bore witness of children, the children of the school lying across the field, scattered, mangled with demise. Blood, dark crimson blood, flowing out of their lifeless orifices.

 

  And among them, 

 

  was Herself.

  Her younger, fragile self, 

  on a pool of her own crimson blood, 

 

  lying motionless, face down on the crude ashen soil.

  

  No……

 

  Yuri could but gasp, terror and regret merged into a single airy moan.

  What have I done……?!

  “ Not just you, Yuri.” Caesar Skyman crooned solemnly to her ear.

 

  “ All of them…Perished. 

 

  Their blood, is in your hands alone!”

 

.

.

.

 

  Rushing as fast as his legs could take him, Rio was by the unconscious levitating Princess’ side in no time.

 

  “ SORA!!” Rio shouted at the top of his lungs, to no avail. No words could reach her now. Instinctively, the rash boy reached out his arm to shake his crush out of the heavy slumber before Lima stopped him just in time.

 

  “ No! Keep a distance from her!” Lima advised cautiously.

“ She now has all the power of the capital stored in her. That aura around her…it could burn through the hardest metal…”

 

  “ How do you know that?!” Rio uttered indignantly. Though Lima’s wisdom has never failed the pack, it was the niche details no one would definitely know but Lima that felt fishy in Rio’s eyes from the start. And the reluctance of elaboration from Lima only added more suspicion from others.

  “ How do you know she has all the power of the city?! She is Sora! She is a Princess!”

 

  “ She is a machine!!” Lima shouted back, yanking Rio by the arm back away from Sora.

“ She is not like us…She is the Skylord’s creation!”

  “ Just Like All of You, really.” 

  Elza, the wolf cub perched on Lima’s shoulder, started barking before Lima, Neo, and Rio all spun around to face the speaker, the intruder of their plight. Neo growled in rage as soon as he lay first sight, 

 

  on the person standing before them, cloaked in ragged cloth, hair long and messy of dull tortoise grey with ears of fur protruding out of the sides above her head.

 

  A gun the newcomer raised at the three, aiming especially at Lima without sentiment.

 

  “ Except you, Lima.” Neruko approached, weapon firmly in hand.

“ You are not like us…You are pristine. Unaltered. Your Memories are of truest form.”

  “ Neruko, for what you have done to Neliya, I will not that it slide easily!!” Neo shouted, stepping forward as Neruko quickly shifted the tip of her gun to the child lead’s chest, stopping the boy at his tracks.

 

  “ For what you are trying to do…to hinder Headmaster Caesar’s goal…You will only doom us all.” Neruko replied, motioning Neo to step back.

 

  “ What are you even talking about?!” Rio uttered in sheer confusion.

“ Neruko! What’s wrong with you?! Aren’t we all on the same side?! Stop your madness! Put the damn gun down!”

 

  “ You forced my hand!!!” Neruko shouted, cutting Rio short.

“ All of you…forgetting it all…forgetting everything we've been through…Forgetting me entirely…And now, you threaten to sabotage the Headmaster's plans to save us all!”

 

  “ Who the Heck is this Headmaster Caesar?!?!” Rio argued furiously.

“ There is only one Sensei I know and that is definitely not this Caesar guy you are talking about! Stop speaking in riddles, all of you! I mean you too, Lima! And let’s all come clean! First off—Who is Caesar Sensei, Neruko?!”

 

  “ Caesar is the man who we call Skylord.” Lima answered solemnly, stepping forth with her hand reaching the handle of her lightsaber.

 

  Neruko fired, and within that split second, Lima had drawn her blade of light fully, just in time to slice the coming bullet toward her head in two.

 

  “ And his goal is never about saving anyone.” Lima continued, stepping forth closer and closer menacingly.

 “ He cared about none of us no more. He only wants to save himself from his failures!”

 

  “ You are wrong!!” Neruko darted back, firing flurries of shots, which forced Neo and Rio to take cover, while Lima swiped her energy blade as fast as a rotor engine, charging against Neruko with all her might.

  Bullets spent in seconds, Neruko seized her dagger, the one that Neo immediately recognized as the one that was found in Kai’s pouch that dreadful night, the dagger that they accused Kai of, for dismembering Sensei’s Book of Teachings!

 

  “ So it was you!!! Neruko!!!!” Neo burst out of cover, drawing out his sword and shield also to join in on the combat with wrath. A debt he must make the cat-eared girl pay!! 

  Outnumbered the cat girl may be, her speed and frightening agility made up for any handicap possible, zigzagging to Lima and Neo’s backs, slicing through their handmade armor with blows that the two could not anticipate.

  With a cry, thrashing his sword about and giving up a decent chance of ambush, Rio joined in, only to be stepped on the head as Neruko leapt about, traversing freely within their grasp while slowly breaking their stances.

  Oullo, the sidekick of Neo burst out with his long saber drawn to assist the battle out of the silence, but Neruko’s moves are far superior to what the boys could ever muster.

 

  Four children, fighting a former ally now defector of the pack.

 

.

.

.

  One minute. 

 

  As soon as this minute passes, Yuno promised herself, she would fire her last blow across the air, and strike down Sora Sky Princess, without hesitation.

 

  No matter how many children were in her way.

 

  No matter if she knew any of them before…

 

  No matter if it is even Lima…!

  She would set it all in motion.

  Sentiment is not needed here, no more—!

 

.

.

.

  Still waiting for Caerlia’s ultimate demise to set himself free from this immovable Astra of doom, our Starbreaker General ‘Solo’ looked up with his scanning visor to check if his silent assassin blade drones have finished the job.

 

  Two rifles sent out to track the child of the Herunis Carna…with the rest merged into this one blow upon me…She had left nothing to defend herself! Let alone fangs of anti-Starbreaker alloy!

  Solo mused to himself indignantly. 

  And there, far above in the skies, ‘Solo’s’ visor sensed the returning signals of his sentient blades, hovering in the air as if lost in confusion.

 

  Nani?! Why are they not tracking down and obliterating Caerlia in an instant?! Why are they hovering idle?! Is their supervision overridden by Caerlia herself?! Impossible!!!

 

  “ Starlight Fangs! Report status!!!” Solo demanded, with the images of the above sent to his visor immediately.

 

  All the images caught were of the sky, gloom, and cloaked in dark grey.

  No Lansara Suprima in sight.

 

.

.

.

  ( Come on…any time now…) making sure the lance rifle was still hot on their heels with acceleration unperturbed, Yun carefully calculated its speed and trajectory, slowing down to a slight halt as she watched the Starfire rifle, Pt-Retura, charging full speed toward her, firing myriads of lasers and lightning that proliferated like monstrous fingers ready to devour Yun and the whole safehouse with Yuri lying within into its merciless grasp.

 

  ( —NOW!)

 

  And before the laser stakes penetrated the force field around Yun and the headquarters, the Starbreaker of fog and mist made an instant dive vertically straight down to the capital fields of cement, while the fiery beams of the cosmos went on, traveling straight, too fast to turn as the second instance, out of the building standing by, 

 

  Ti-Tanaro burst out, as Yuka had purposely lure it to sail out to the exact point Yun so calculated it to be, where the searing stakes of the Pt-Retura all fell upon the later lance rifle’s steel crooked body, melting its metallic hide until the Ti-Tanaro failed to withstand the oppression of its own kind, and broke in two under the rain shower of storm and heat by its weapon partner.

 

  “ YEEAAAHHH!!!! I knew it would work—” Yuka cheered elatedly, forgetting her blade lasso had lost any support to grab upon and the ocean-blue Starbreaker crashed face-first onto the busy Skyworld streets. Unscathed, at least, but painful nonetheless.

 

  ( Yuka!!!) Yun instantly dived down along with the hovering safehouse beside her, waking Yuka up from the wreak of her fall.

  ( Yuka, hurry, there is still one lance rifle left…!)

 

  Her worlds still swirling, Yuka the rashful one sat up, one hand supporting her dizzied head as she slowly looked up at Yun her sister, the round safehouse put together by four circular compartments end to end, and the lance rifle, swinging down so fast.

 

  And so close. Closer as if it was right behind Yun that very instant.

 

  That was when Yuka saw another shadow, towering over right behind Yun’s unknowing silhouette, thrashing the crooked longitudinal weapon with immense force.

 

  “ YUUUN!!!!!” Yuka screamed but was a moment too late.

 

  Pt-Retura swung down full speed, striking Yun at the back with a tremendous crack, sending the quiet Starbreaker flying hundred of feet away, crashing through shops and stores avid the Skyworld city square.

 

  All the Starbreakers around the vacinity suited up their armor instinctively, assuming another Demon assault breaking out as before.

 

.

.

.

 

  If there’s anything Neruko’s quick observation and experience staying in the pack could tell her, it’s that among them three she now fought, Lima is the most possible to defeat her in one-on-one combat. That’s why she must be taken down first! 

  Evading both Neo’s stab and Rio’s crush in two impossible sidesteps, Neruko swiped their ankles with her wide-ranged kick, tripping the two boys to the ground before she charged forth toward Lima, dagger piercing upfront.

 

  Lima tilted her body to a side, racing her arms from below where her lightsaber traced along, sending a circular slice across the air that would definitely rip Neruko’s body in half. But Lima had no choice. She had to stop Neruko.

 

  She had to stop her!!!!

 

.

.

.

  “ Stand. Down.”

  Two words, was all it needed to make them all backen in reverence, for there, rising out of dust, standing atop the safehouse now sank into the cement pavement, 

  was the Starlight queen, the Starbreaker Champion, Caerlia Lansara Suprima herself. With just one lance rifle in hand, already more than capable to bring down all the hundred Starbreakers present in that city square.

 

  “ Leave us, my brothers and sisters.” 

 

  Caerlia walked down slowly from the teetered headquarters, her steps light but resounding with reverberating force, her yellowish armor of purple haze clanking ominously with each overpowering stride.

 

  “ I cannot guarantee your safety if you stay.”

 

  Heeding the champion’s words of warning, the bystanders left in a jiffy, the capital boulevards ghastly empty in but seconds.

 

  Leaving Yuka, kneeling helplessly on the wrecked pavement, staring eye to eye to the Grand Starbreaker emerging in the flesh. The dreadful memories of that night, when Yuri nearly perished under Her Exaltedness’ hands, when she and her sisters all fought side by side and barely making it out alive, swept across Yuka’s mind, flashing through her eyes like she was about to make a last stand.

  “ Yu, ka, is it?” Caerlia asked, devoice of emotion, a deity of mass destruction.

“ I have never heard of your name before. And never have I seen your face in my capital. Where are you from, young sister?”

 

  “ I…uh…I…I am…not sure…either…” Yuka stammered, staggering to her feet, hiding her many trick weapons behind her lest thid monster of a Starbreaker sees them.

 

  But Caerlia already saw all the gadgets and artillery behind Yuka’s back, but still feigned to not notice.  

 

  “ So you are lost.” Caerlia chuckled gently, now but a meter away from where Yuka stood.

“ Poor thing. I forgive you, for shattering my beloved Ti-Tanaro, as Long as You Turn Away and Leave At Once.”

  Her last few words, like bells of the holy chapel, booming thunderously, austere and with valor, murderous and grandeur, moving the world with but her voice and her terrifying stare. 

 

  Cowed to the core, Yuka didn’t even realize that her own feet had stumbled back tens of steps away from this imminent doom, this towering frame that seemed to grow larger and more terrifying, an aura full of pressure and deferance that no living soul could ever resist.

 

  But she cannot just turn away and leave.

 

  Yuri…Yuri’s Memories are in danger…!!! 

 

  Yuri alone can’t defeat this monster…Neither can Yun…Neither can I…But…but…!!

 

  …Courage Yuka…Not now then Never…!!!!

 

  There is no other way!!!!

  Stabbing her lance deep into the safehouse ceiling before thrashing hard to the side, ripping the upper tiles all off with one vehement stroke, Caerlia looked down as a sadistic grin curled up upon her thin lips.

 

  “ There you are…Herunis Carna…!” Caerlia hissed, those yearning gazes riveted to Yuri’s slumbered form, glowing faintly in the dim lit bedroom, lying on the soft bed just a few inches away.

  “ Don’t mind if I do…sister—”

 

  Caught by the edge of her eye, Caerlia spun to her right like lightning, realizing that the lost Starbreaker girl in light blue armor not only refused to leave, but raised her one arm loaded with sharp needles and wrist blades pointing at her Exaltedness’ presence.

 

  Caerlia was more disappointed than angered.

.

.

.

 

  Crawling up from the fallen shops and buildings, Yun crawled up, her Starbreaker armor cracked and dented in various places.

  Despite her visor covered under a thick layer of dust, Yun could see Yuka, standing in the way of the undefeatable Starbreaker Queen, 

 

  alone.

 

  ( Yuka…!!!!) Yun tried to run, dragging her battered body across the ravaged boulevard, with her legs possibly fractured more serious than she imagined, Yun still fought her way forth.

  She tried to call out to her sister, but her serene voice couldn’t reach Yuka’s ears.

  Without her assistance, without her defense support, Yuka would definitely never make it out alive…!

 

  The Champion of Star and flare is too much for her to deal with alone—!!!

 

  Begging desperately, Yun made her way forth as quickly as she could, fighting the pain all over her entire wounded body.

 

  ( Yuka…wait—)

 

.

.

.

  

  

 

  “ …Are you sure, young one?” Caerlia asked, her voice hollow, her grip around her lance tightening.

“ That you don’t want ot leave…when you had the chance to?”

 

  “ I…I can’t let you hurt Yuri…!!” Yuka stammered, standing her ground.

“ I…I have to Protect Yuri’s Memory! Our Memory!!!!”

  “ I see.” 

  Without hesitation, nor sentiment, Caerlia raised her lance rifle, pointing its sharp crooked tip at Yuka’s head, 

 

  and fired, 

 

  a bursting series of wrathful stakes ablaze, scorching the lands and melting the cement as the laser spears protruded through the air, 

 

  all about to rip Yuka to pieces.

.

.

.

  There, before Lima’s eyes, the dagger that Neruko so took a second, was now in the air, let go and frozen in time, in that split second before punctuating her face.

  Time seemed to have stopped in that precise moment, with Neruko being hte only one able to move, faster than any of them combined, twisting at an utterly different direction Lima had predicted, grabbing the floating dagger with the off hand and before Lima could stop her predecided motioin and turn away, Neruko was already right upon her.

 

  The tip of the jagged dagger, touching Lima’s belly.

 

  “ It is over, Lima.”

 

  Lima could hear Neruko’s cold whisper between the seconds passing by like hours.

 

  “ Your Memories shall finally be put to rest—”

.

………

.

  Arms swinging down numbly, Yuri gave up struggle, letting it all flood into her blank eyes, lights and macabre filling her irises. 

 

  

 

  “ See it…? That shuttle to the sky…?” 

  Caesar asked in a faint whisper, motioning Yuri’s head higher as an ebony-winged object soared up high at the edge of all the Memories exposed.

  “ The Nano Scourge razed everything to the ground…including any ways of communication. But she is out there…She is definitely out there…My Claudia…And she has found it. She just needs help…I have to reach out to her…With the Herunis Carna on My side, and all the Light Hearts, all the Light streaming in your veins as my endless power supply—I shall navigate Skyworld out of this doomed Earth, and bring Claudia with me to the everlasting Paradise ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!!!!!”

 

.

………

.

 

  “ Remember, children. No matter what happens, don’t leave the school grounds today until Castiel sensei and I return. Do you all understand?”

 

  The children energetically replied in unison.

 

  Everything will be alright, Caesar promised himself. Everything will be alright. The infrasound arsenals will activate as soon as even a spec of Nano tendril nears the premise.

  Everything will be alright…as long as the children stay in the classroom…

  “ Yuri.” Caesar turned to the girl of blue hair and radiant twinkling eyes before his ultimate leave.

  “ Make sure the children don’t leave the school building. 

 

  I am counting on You.”

  “...Yes…Headmaster.”

 

  

 

.

………

.

  As the stark Memories died out, Caesar finally let go of Yuri’s throat, and the girl tumbled and fell on all fours on the twinkling stream of Light.

 

  Tears flowing uncontrollably and endlessly.

  The silence gave sound to the slowly descending light flakes falling around them two, dissolving into the flow of light with hollow tinkles.

  “ Why…?” Caesar Skyman asked, sorrow as much as rage welling over his trembling voice.

“ Why did you not stay…? Why did you not keep them safe? Why…?!”

  Silence.

  “ Alas…it doesn’t matter anymore.” Caesar sighed, exhaling long as if the weight over his shoulders were finally lifted.

“ Here we are, after all those years of toil…of struggle…Here we are. All that matters now, is the next step.” 

 

  The Skylord stopped short with one heavy defining step, stomping before Yuri’s somber frame.

 

  “ My Next Step.”

 

  Reaching his arm, seeking the one thing that he so pledged his life upon, the one knowledge his goal so depends, reaching to the stars to the secrets of the universe, to the Wisdom that shall save his love, his Claudia.

 

  Caesar Skyman, Lord of the Skies so ordered with reverent pride.

 

  “ Surrender thy Memories to Me, Hoshino Yuri.

 

  For you owe me, you owe All of us—

 

  —The Right to Salvation—!!!!!!”

.

.

  Yes…

  Yuri’s blank gaze stared at the lights flowing underneath her knees, yet nothing she could see, nothing her eyes could behold anymore,

  Yes…

  Tapping with trembling fingers, Yuri deactivated her Starbreaker helm, her blue shimmering hair tied to a side ponytail to her right swayed out dismally down to her shoulder.

  I…I…don’t deserve this power…

  Along with the helmet, the rest of the Starbreaker armor disintegrated particle after particle, like snow gusted out into the wintery breeze.

 

  There she now knelt, defenseless, before the Lord of Light, monarch of Sky.

 

  Her eyes, dimmed without glow, flooded by the tears of grand sorrow, devoid of hope, rejected by grace.

 

  It is over.

   I am sorry…very sorry…Everyone…

 

  I…I…—

  The Skylord now approached one full step at a time, his presence looming, his triumph at arm’s reach.

 

  “ Very well, now that you have discarded your animosity…” Caesar Skyman amusedly lowered his stance before Yuri, whose face was lowered and her gaze still panned down onto the star shines passing below their feet.

 

  “ I shall ask kindly, will you give me now thy Memories, Yuri…?”

  Sobbing, Yuri’s lips quivered, ready to reply.

  — It’s not over yet! —

  

 

   Wha…? Who———

   Yuri paused.

   She blinked, her gaze slowly, slowly moving upwards.

   To where the soft echoey voice came.

  The voice…of a child—

 — It’s not over yet…! —

   Who…Who…… is it…???

 — It’s not over yet…! 

 

.

.

.

Mother—!!!

.

.

.

.

………

.

 

  Caerlia Lansara Suprima could see no possibility for this young Starbreaker before her to make it out in one piece after withstanding her myriads of fiery rainshower and thunderbolts fired out of her lance rifle Pt-Retura.

 

  And indeed it was as she predicted.

 

  Slicing through the limbs and torso, the searing beam stakes of light ripped Yuka’s Starbreaker body apart, cutting her into literal pieces right in front of Yun’s eyes.

 

  Not even a scream could Yun utter out of such crushing desperation and gore.

 

  The Starbreaker queen turned away, slightly in remorse, for she believed there could have been other ways for this naive Starbreaker sister to live. Yet this is the path she chose, and Caerlia let her be. At least, no one is here now to stand in her way between her and the Herunis Carna. 

  “ Need not sadden, young one.” Caerlia delivered with much condolences, her back still facing Yun, who was now kneeling before Yuka’s scattered parts, stunned in silence.

  “ You may or may not cease your anger upon me, but that is not my part to concern. Hate me all you want, for my intentions are clear, unclouded. I Seek to bring all of us to the Realm of Light!! To escort all Light souls to true transcendence! There is a paradise, designs of the most miraculous kind in store within the Herunis Carna! I felt it, I have seen It! Surely you, like all of us, know the fragility of the Light soul, the ultimate fate of demise, of decomposition. 

  No more. That can all be averted.

  I seek what is everlasting. I seek what is true. For all of you! Only with the Blessing of Miracles in my hand can I bring all of us, my beloved brothers and sisters with me, to transform into our ultimate form—

 

  —To become Forevers.”

 

  Caerlia now turned fully to face Yun, and the mauled Starbreaker parts lying around the sizzling cracked pavement. Her eyes stern with a glance so sharp that nothing seemed to escape her. Nothing could.

  “ I know what I did. I know I have hurt a fellow sibling by seeking this power for you all. But you must understand, my actions are necessary. But to be Everlasting, to depart from all sadness and strife of this reality, it is required of me to make the hardest of choices. Come, dear sisters mine, I have been candid with thee both. Is it not fair enough to ask for mutual honesty?! Is this how you wish to respond to my confession?! By feigning your demise?!?!?!”

 

  “ NOW, YUN!!!”

  Instantly, the moment Caerlia finished, all of Yuka’s severed parts flew up with a bang, soaring in all directions like shooting stars circling the Lansara Suprima in unruly orbit, functioning either as blades cutting at the speed of light, or laser drones firing at a distance from all directions.

  Yun had already sprung to action, having conjured her evading mist the moment Caerlia had arrived, vanished into thin air, and joined Yuka’s separate parts in perpetual waves of melee and assault.

  

  Weaponization has always been Yuka’s expertise. Have it be a simple rod, Yuka can insightfully saw it in two and put a laser chain between to form a laser whip mace, or load rifles onto a rotating wheel as radiuses and cross three of them gun-slinging wheels vertically to each other, forming a metal ball lined with arsenals. Let that be some kind of talent. One day, an idea occurred to Yuka: What if I turn myself into a weapon? A weapon that none would expect?

  Thus the queer outcome, saving her life as of now.

  By activating two portal drones faced together and latching them onto separate flying ring-shaped drones wide enough to load on the wrist, thighs, elbows, and any joints of preference, like intersecting joints with portals interconnecting, thus nullifying the need to sever any body parts and just separate the portal drones attached to the flying rings, thus performing the illusion of falling apart. Carrying all sorts of blades, small laser pistols, and missile launchers onto each separate body part was a major part of Yuka’s troubles, but I digress. Back to the actual tale.

 

  Even now, facing Yuka’s many oppositions from all sides, left with but one lance by her side, Caerlia the Exalted one still was able to parry each and every move against her, swinging and spinning her loyal weapon like a twisted hurricane dancing freely along the breeze, a whirlpool sending each wave in before pivoting them out with power and grace.

 

  “ I know what went wrong!” Yuka’s voice echoed from between the energy field connecting all her separate parts flying about, controlling her many body parts at the same time.

  “ I should have prepared some fake light blood! That won’t give it away too easily!”

  This multi-segment technique was supposed to be Yuka’s most secret maneuver, only to be used in times of grave distress to trick the enemy and ambush while the opponent had lowered their guard.

  But apparently, The Starbreaker Queen was not so easily fooled by most kinds of chicanery and forms of deceit.

 

  ( Focus, Yuka!) Yun whispered in haste, dodging a blow from above by bending her upper torso back down in a nimble fashion.

  ( Keep her occupied...I must get Yuri out…!)

 

  “ Roger that!!” And from each separate part of her body, Yuka separated them again, doubling in number but diminishing in size, yet tripling in speed and offense, now becoming a swarm of blades and scatter-shooting remote artillery.

  

  And still, not a single attack could penetrate Her Exaltedness’ self-defense.

 

  Stealthy, Yun made her way to the corner of the crashed safehouse behind the flurry, stopping at Yuri’s chamber when she saw something unusual brewing at work.

 

  (...Yuri…??) 

 

  Yun looked closer, her eyes catching a glimpse of faint starry glow radiating out of Yuri’s unconscious form, no longer in sorrow, nor confusion.

 

  But drifting, floating slightly, with her mind somewhere else, somewhere yonder.

 

  Somewhere Brighter.

 

.

………

.

 

    Caesar waited, sensing a queer hesitance in this hapless girl’s silence, who, rather than staring at the stream seconds before, now was gazing yonder, at the void afar that filled the spaces of the realm around them.

 

  Making sure nothing else could be in his way of victory, Caesar cautiously glanced back at his rear.

 

  Nothing.

 

  Only the line of gold and blue, traveling out to the infinite dark.

 

  What is she looking at? Why is she not responding?!

  “ Yuri! Surrender your Memories, before I pry them out of your skull myself!!” The Skylord demanded powerfully, scanning the zone behind him with rising discretion, sensing an unnerving hollowness within the sudden silence.

  “ Yuri!! Answer Me!!! Surrender Thy Memories or Not?!?!?!”

 

  Caesar Skylord shouted, hurtling his wide exceptional physique back in rage.

 

  Still, Yuri responded with but silence.

 

  A silence that the Skylord can no longer take.

 

  “ Yuri…You Leave Me No Choice!!!!!!! BRING ME THY MEMORIES!!!!!!!!!”

 

  Rising with light and blaze, his hand in the shape of a grand chop, bursting like a sword meters long, ready to sever all the ties, past, present, and Future.

 

  The Light—! The Memories lie within the Light!!! The Light of the soul is where The Memories reside! Where the secrets of the Herunis Carna shall forever be unfolded!

 

  Claudia—Wait for me!

 

  I shall be there—

 

.

.

 

  Yuri blinked again, her eyes wide like saucers now, letting in all the light that beamed out to her, as the blinding sword protruding out of the Skylord’s hand filled her sight.

 

  Dawning her last few seconds of Memory—

.

.

.

 

 — It’s not over yet—

 

.

.

.

— Mother!!!!!—

 

.

.

.

 

  A new glow flashed through Yuri’s eyes.

  as Caesar struck the deed.

 

  Diving his hand across, piercing through Yuri’s chest, penetrating the harbor of Light, the root of the soul.

 

  His motion stayed, his sinews tingling with unspeakable excitement.

  Caesar looked down.

 

  

  Only to see nothing,

 

   no one.

 

  Not a shadow was there where his hand chop so pierced.

 

  Not even a single sign of existence there was in front of his wide disbelieving gaze.

  No one.

  Yuri had disappeared.

  But…I have done it…

 

  I have thrusted my hand…

 

  Her chest…her beating Light Heart…I felt it, breaking in my touch…!!!!!

 

  The Skylord stumbled back, jaws agape, eyes wide like saucers, staring at his empty hand, without a trace of light blood or flesh.

 

  What is happening…?!

 

  What is going on…?!?!

 

.

.

.

 

  The time is nigh!!

 

  With a tremendous swing of her unscathed arm,  Yuno tossed her ringed weapon all out, the spinning blade like a comet shooting through the heavens, ready to pulverize all that once stood of the Skyworld palace. 

  Yuno’s eyes followed its trail, certain that it would strike her target, Sora Sky Princess through the Light Heart without error.

  Along with the children battling in the premise. 

 

  That is the path they took, their fates have been sealed by their own actions. 

 

  I have but to finish my part, My Promise!

.

.

.

  Lima could almost feel the cold steel torn through her skin, burning through her abdomen. She tried to flee, to lunge back as far as she could.

  But Neruko was upon her, pressing close with beastly fervor, always one step faster than Lima. Her jagged dagger tightly clenched she pushed, deeper and deeper---

  But Neruko couldn't. 

 

  The more she pierced forth, the more he body began to sway backwards, leaving Lima’s defenseless frame like two magnets of the polar edges repelling each other. 

  And before Neruko could realize what was going on behind her,  

 

  A Large muscular arm, yanking the back of her nape, swung the cat girl up high, and tossed Neruko with tremendous force to the opposite side of the hall.

 

  Lima’s wide eyes beheld who she never would believe to have come to save the day. 

 

  But the big shadow looming over Lima was not done yet. 

 

  With a swift turn of his body, the long trench coat swaying with his momentum, the large burly man faced his right, arms open and fingers outstretched, summoning a humongous Starbreaker Bazooka that materialized out of thin nano swirls, fitting its handles into his palm and its thick cylindrical body upon his shoulder,  as if the longitudinal weapon was born to stay where it was now perched on this robust Captain's frame. 

  And with a powerful click of the trigger, a star shot out of the metallic tube, blazing with searing flare, flying through the skies before colliding with a silent comet Lima never would have noticed coming their way without sound. 

 

  The star and the Comet merged into a smog of fire and blaze, a violent fireball that erupted meters afar, sending tremendous shockwaves across the Skyworld palace halls, pushing all upon their feet tumbling down to the wrecked floor. 

 

  Except Captain Castiel Bradson, who stood like an immovable rock, his eyes at the skies, making sure nothing else was there to hurt the children.

 

.

.

.

  Yuno's body was sitting straight up now, her eyes blank, caught in a dumbstruck gaze.

 

  Impossible...Yuno breathed, lips quivering. 

 

  She knew those stern gray eyes that now stared back at her deep blue ones. She knew that man. 

 

  The Old Man.

  “ ...Se…Sensei...Cas…tiel?!” Yuno stammered under her trembling breath.

  With just a bazooka…?! He stopped my last blow…?! Exasperated and frantic, Yuno reached her only good arm instinctively to the hovering disc pod she now sat upon underneath her resting thigh. She knew she would fall to her demise if she sacrificed this last platform for one last strike, but it is a price she had to pay. There are no other chances left. She must destroy the Sky Princess…She must put an end to the Skylord, for the Herunis Carna—For her Promise—!!!

 

  Swinging her full body frame down to finish the deed, Yuno writhed her hand down, only to be jolted back abruptly, as if she was paralyzed at the last second. Like chains coiled around her wrist, Yuno felt an unknown force pulling her hand back, straining her from committing any further action. 

  There, a hand was, glowing under broad daylight, grabbing her arm in a firm, gentle, yet unrelenting grasp.

  Can it be…that I have already been hindered…before tossing my previous blow?!

  Yuno’s glaring stare, slightly widening those thin slit eyes, traced up the glowing hand that refused to compromise, panning up to the shoulder, up to behold who it was that would stand in the way of the Herunis Carna.

 

  The face that Yuno saw forced a drastic gasp of air to plummet into Yuno’s lungs. jaws agape without words, eyes widening still trying to comprehend, all Yuno could do, was stare. 

 

  “ How… how could you.…?!” after a momentary silence Yuno stammered.

 

.

.

.

 

  And then it happened. A wave of blue, of stars and petals, swept out from the city square mile away in a circular blooming fashion, spreading across the capital, across the whole of Skyworld, spreading even further across the horizons, gracing all into spectacular ultramarine hue through its aerial embrace, passing, and touching each and everyone’s light hearts, that started to glow in unison, humming in harmonious reverberation.

 

  All of Skyworld, enveloped in the blaze, felt that warmth.

 

.

.

.

 

  Bradson Captain looked down, his stern glare scouring across the daunted gazes of the bewildered children, staring at their own chests that now sparkled abright.

 

  Their light hearts, tuning in harmony to a deep lull on their hearts could hear, could feel.

 

  Lima, amazed, shocked, and in awe, looked down at her own, to see that even her heart was blazing with light, dazzling with many colors. But…how could this be…?!  Lima perplexedly looked at the others, then to old Bradson, who also was caught in perplexion. Her heart was unlike the others, not wrought nor fused out of light. But still, beating with the gentle waves that washed through the atmosphere in a soothing melody, whispered deep down. 

 

  Lima recognized that voice immediately.

 

  It was like she was whispering next to her ear.

 

  filling it with faraway song,

 

  and her eyes, seeing through the light shining within her, glimpsing into her past. 

 

  Her vague Memory.

.

.

.

“ Lucky…”

  Shocked by the call to her ears, the redhead with the jewelry crown looked down at the poor girl in her arms, to see that Neliya was now wide awake, but that was not what shook the girl most.

 

  For around Neliya, surrounding the wounded girl like a gentle force field of ultramarine hue, was an aura none of the girls had ever seen before.

 

  And as the two girls watched, in awe, in marveling gaze, the bullet wound upon Neliya’s arm slowly healed itself, the skins sewing back as if nothing had ever happened before.

 

  Neo, hearing her voice from above, turned around to peer down just in time to witness a miracle before his eyes. Neliya has recovered.

  The boy’s emotions welled, flowing out his hardened straining, and the boy wept, tears of rejoice. 

.

.

.

 

  Clashing endlessly against Yuka’s many devices, Caerlia turned around. 

 

  The shimmering glow beaming out of Yuri’s full presence can no longer be ignored, yet unable to withdraw, Caerlia could but stand in the range of the flowing waves of light and soul. She felt her light blood ripple all over her veins, her dazzling light heart decelerating to deep firm beats, thumping her body with jolts rocking her all over.

  “ I am too late…is it?!?!” Caerlia sensed a creeping urge, an intuition to flee, to dash out of the conflict and snatch her prize.

 

  But a voice, a cry from the depth of her heart echoed in persuasion that very instant—

  “ Stop……”

  Caerlia felt her light heart skip a beat.

  “ Sister……don’t……leave…me…!”

 

.

.

.

 

  In that split second, Yuka thought she saw the lance rifle fall out of the Starbreaker queen’s hand.

.

.

.

 

  ‘Solo’ looked up in surprise and relief as the crushing weight of the beams of the Astra Azornir Incarna dissipated into fiery stardust, vanishing to oblivion while the four lance rifles combined to unleash the heavenly strike all fell as if their sentience had left their metallic shell, clanking heavily or piercing deep into the ravaged marble aftermath.

 

  The Starbreaker General turned around, letting the warm blue waves of the Herunis Carna sweep across his battered visage.

 

  The tides are against Caesar Skyman…

 

  His lordship needs his intrusion…fast.

 

  Patiently, ‘Solo’, or perhaps someone, 

 

  something,   

 

  inside of the man, guided himself out of the wreck, on his way to finishing his Master’s mission.

.

………

.

 

  The realm is altered.

 

  The Stream of Light is shaking, the void ushered away by blooming lights erupting all around him in the skies, soft voices throughout all the memories from Yuri’s past flashing across the once black heavens.

 

  Searching frantically for the Memory to the secrets he so covets, Caesar Skyman stared, scouring wide eyes, to no avail. It was but chaos to him. All he could feel is his blood-tingling cold.

 

  “ Yu…Yuri…?!?!?!?! YUUUURRIIIIIIIII!!!!” Flying into a fit of rage, with both arms thrashing out of his once composed feature, extending his poise far and wide to conjure a massive boom of flare and light that swept the field a holocaust of thundering wrath, hoping it would somehow strike Yuri down in her futile attempts to escape from him.

 

  But all that he thought, all that he visioned of the massive explosion of light he could muster did not happen.

 

  “ NANI?!” Caesar looked around him.

 

 Surely, in his mind, in his MEMORY, he totally envisioned himself blowing up the stream and the void. 

 

  But now…he was alone, arms raised accomplishing nothing at all. Not even a spark did he set abright.

 

  Something is happening—Something has changed—!!!! Yuri—YURI, What Have You Been Hiding?!?!?!

 

  Quickly, Caesar conjured another light ball and tossed it across the dark space, flashing in a huge blooming force like a firework of destruction. 

 

  Only for it to never happen in the first place.

 

  WHAT THE—?!?!

 

  The Skylord was sure something is terribly wrong, either within himself or of the zone around him. Something is not operating as it should be!! 

 

  “ I have struck a blow, I surely did!” Caesar analyzed aloud, trying to talk sense into his own ears.

  “ A blow that suddenly refused to happen, yet I have the full memory of exuding the action! Think…Caesar…Think!!!!”

 

  Ruffling his hair, scratching his chin in frustration, Caesar was not a stranger to being stumped by unbreakable walls of thinking, but it has been a long long time since he had met such a prestigious encounter. As a habit of using his hands to massage his facial features to calm his senses, Caesar scratched the front of his scalp as he usually did, pushing his messy ebony curls back as in a fashion to clear his mind—

 

  —Only to realize that his hair was untouched by any fingers or the cushion of his palm whatsoever.

  His right hand was gone.

  Gapping, Caesar forced his eyes at the atrocity that has escaped all his senses of warning.

 

  Cleanly severed, leaving just the stub around his wrist, his hand had vanished, leaving up a bloody orifice pumping out light blood of gold, emerald, and tinges of red.

  “ I have been attacked…Without Me even noticing?!?! —WAIT!!!!”

 

  Caesar Skyman stopped short with an utter of insight.

 

  He remembered, all of a sudden—His wrist was cut off five seconds ago!! By Yuri’s Sword rifle blade!!!!

 

  But How?!?!?!

 

  “ I remember…I can see it clear and plain…In My Memory…!!! But I cannot see it while it is happening!!!! Can it be…CAN IT BE…It Is An Attack From The PAST?!?!?!”

  Howling like a madman, Caesar Skyman reached a simple yet unbelievable conclusion of his encounter.

  I am being attacked from the Past!

 

  

  One second, no, half a second, or even shorter, a millisecond before, is already in the past! I may see the things of now, but a moment after, it is not the same moment as the one I see a split passing after! She is stopping me…Cutting me…Hindering me before My Present can acknowledge!!!!

 

  It Just Works—!!!!!!

.

.

.

 

  “ To Me!! MOMO!!!!” 

 

  “ YES, Commander!!!”

 

  A sudden roar ripped the silence and hauled Caerlia back to her senses before she discerned her surroundings darkening under a looming presence, descending from above. She thrusted her lance rifle upward, piercing what monstrosity was lowering down upon her, only to realize her loyal star weapon was no longer in her grip, but lying on the wrecked cement floor next to her feet.

  “ Pt-Retura!!” Caerlia shouted but was too late.

 

  The huge arsenal, dyed red with a shimmering alloy like flame, three gigantic claws of sheer metallic might, thick as starships, clad with blades and mounted with projectiles and missile launchers, crushed down from the sky, gnashing its protruding grip deep down like a gnawing beast on a morsel of prey, with wings of gold at the very top of its back, swooping in acceleration to seize the one it so aimed it grasp in its threading clutches.

 

  “ Damn!!” Yuka retreated with haste, reconnecting her separated parts to her previous Starbreaker form, staring at the mammoth instrument that had just begun to spew fire from the center of its jaw-like contraption.

  “ Where were you this whole time?!?!”

 

  Both Firren and Momo, navigating this huge artillery didn’t respond, for their brave eyes riveted, determination focused, all onto the one target their mission so required to intercept.

  Built out of scrap metal and leftover parts of Starships and Starbreaker armor, The Allenia armor, so it was named, according to its early designs documented in Captain Bradson’s journals, was a crab-like apparatus with arched protruding claws on both sides whereas the cockpit at the center rear, with an additional claw sprouting out at the top. Initially used to fend off Demons larger in scale, its main purpose now was to stop the formidable Starbreaker Lancer queen at all cost, thus the various additions of rifles, laser blades, and other long-range artillery probed all over its prominent clawed appendages. Dyed red because of Firren’s preference, which also explains the long flame-throwing cannons that amplify his expertise.

  The wings at the back, however, were to increase its mobility to combat the Exalted one’s unrivaled speed, provided by Momo’s Starbreaker thruster wings of Light, upgraded twofold with twin turbine Star-burst engines attached to her back.

 

  The plan was simple. Stop Caerlia before she gets hold of Yuri. The timing had to be optimal so as to perform the successful ambush, lower the chances of combat, and trap the Lansar Suprima in one fell swoop. The mission was not about engaging, but to impede and buy Yuri time to escape—Out of Skyworld.

 

  “ You! Yes, you over there!! You are allied with Yuri, are you not?!” Firren shouted in haste at Yuka, putting his all into keeping the Exalted one at bay.

  “ Bring her out of this…Get Yuri out of Skyworld as fast as you can!!”

 

  “ Got…got it..!” Yuka rushed forth towards their safehouse teetered to a side, but the moment she neared, the moment the waves of blue light surging out of where Yuri’s body now slept touched Yuka’s light heart, time slowed. Voices ringing and echoing within her helm reverberated through her eardrums.

  “ What the…?!” Yuka slowed to a stop, blinking hard to stay focused, yet her visored blurred with distortion like those disrupted by an electric wave storm. Her vision slightly impaired, yet the voices she heard loud and clear, through her light heart.

.

………

.

  —“ …Why can’t you understand…?!” —

.

  —“ …You call yourself Protector of the Herunis Carna…?!?!” —

.

 — “ …You are but an idiotic embarrassment—” —

.

.

  “ Not good…not good…!!” Yuka quickly slapped herself out of the trance, shaking her body back to control as she rushed on forward.

 

  A dew of hot tear rolled down her reddened cheek.

 

  Finally, in seconds, Yuka reached Yuri’s side of the quarters, jumping in from the torn ceiling, to see Yun, standing in the room, alone.

 

  The bed in the center of the chamber, was empty.

 

  “ O…Oy…! Yun, where did Yuri go…?!?!” Yuka uttered, searching under the bed, but no sign of Yuri in sight. Where did she go?! And where did this wave of light come from?!

  “ Yun, did you see where Yuri went?! You were here moments ago, were you not?!”

 

  Without any response, Yun just stood, petrified on the spot. Staring blankly, eyes wide like saucers, her expression dark as if traumatized at the last second before her mind shut down.

 

  And to Yuka’s shock, Yun too, was in tears. Twinkling stars flowing without end down her pale countenance, carrying sorrow across its shimmering trail.

  

 Yun was not where she was, but in a world far beyond, thrown back to a place she thought she had long forgotten, cast away from her until they now resurfaced once more, to haunt her.

 

.

.

.

 

  Yuno took a double take before finally finding the words to express her confusion, her exasperation.

 

“ How could you…?!How could you choose them…Over The World…Over the Herunis Carna—————

 

  ———Yuri?!?!”

 

  

  The Yuri standing behind the stupefied Starbreaker didn’t respond, half transparent like an apparition, calm and indifferent, with a facade enveloped in glistening sparkles and miraculous aura, and eyes shimmering with colors existing and none existing altogether. The universe reflected around her presence said it all.

 

  And at the second, the Yuri vaporized, and vanished into stradusts.

 

  Startled, not only by Yuri’s unexpected hindrance, but Yuno was also amazed, in awe, by the glow surrounding Yuri’s illusive form.

 

  Those are the lights of the Herunis Carna…!

 

.

………

.

    Staggering back in steps of anticipation, Caesar scoured across the vast surroundings, ready to check out his assumptions.

 

  Hoshino Sensei…is this also part of your blessing?!?! Emerging right before my victory is at reach!

  “ I am in the right, Yuri!” Caesar exclaimed, loud and clear to the expanding void.

“ I am the one to restore Humanity!!! For I Am The One Remaining Humanity of this World!!! Those with Light Hearts are but homunculus…Lesser Creations, Bisque Dolls that animate!! They are not Living, But I—!! And My Love Claudia!!!!

 

  We are the last of Humanity, thus the Right to Salvation is Mine!!!! 

 

  You have given up that chance…You have lost the Right of the Herunis Carna…!

 

  Repent now, Yuri!

 

  And hand over Your Memories To Me, this True Man!!!!

  The Herunis Carna is not meant for none living organisms and walking mannequins—”

  “ YOU ARE WRONG, HEADMASTER!!!!”

  Caesar froze, his face in doubt, his eyes wide in distraught.

  She was behind him, hovering. He could see her silhouette, affront the blazing blue fires like a star bursting with neutron fusion.

 

  He turned around slowly.

 

  Meeting with the eyes full of blaze, full of Life, staring angrily into his soul.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4a6f4e39655069536978473466773d3d2d313331383830353638312e313734366332353164343264396235313237393431333731333031392e6a7067

  Yuri’s Starbreaker armor was no longer just blue, but lined with sharp silver additions at the edges, runes bursting with illuminating glow circled the curved surface, writing more and more by itself like an invisible pen carving nonstop.

 

  And her blade, her sword rifle, no longer one, but split into two parts, one attached to each arm like razors steaming with searing heat. And last but not least, the six energy grappling hooks, now bulging twice their original size, hovered around their master with advanced sentience.

.

.

.

  “ Mommy, are your stories real?” 

 

  The mother chuckled.

  “ Of course, they are, silly.”

 

  “ But I have never seen the Mother of All Stars…the Ze…Zeorr…”

 

  “ ZeOrudea.”

 

  “ Is it real, Mommy?”

 

  “ Yes.”

 

  But the young girl wasn’t satisfied.

 

  “ If the mother of all Stars is real, mommy, 

 

  Then why is the night sky dark? 

 

  Shouldn’t the night be as bright as the day, if the Mother of the Stars is real?”

 

  The mother was impressed, ruffling her daughter’s hair proudly.

 

  “ That is because…ZeOrudea gave her Light to her child. And her child to the next. 

 

  Each Light, 

 

  Each twinkle, 

 

  Each Memory, 

 

  Passing down to a new star. Every shine you see in the sky, every glow you can find, 

 

  Is a Part of their Mother.”

 

.

.

.

 

  “ The Herunis Carna…This Memory…It is not meant for you…!!!!” Yuri breathed, regaining full power, sweeping desperation away, hesitation no more. An aura of Hope and infinite possibilities reflecting behind her with everlasting hues.

 

  “ It is for my friends…

 

  It is for my Family…!!!!

 

  It is for those I cared for The Most!!!!!!

 

  I don’t care who you are…what we are…But I am living…We are Living…Because We Love, We Hate—

 

  —WE REMEMBER!!

 

  We Are Living————Because We Are!!”

.

……….

.

 

“ One day, Mommy will no longer be close by, 

 

  but you don’t need to be afraid, or sad.

 

  Because you have Mommy’s Light in you. My Memories are kept safely with yours. 

 

  And one day, in the far far away future…

  You will also pass down that Light, share that Memory,

 

  to your friends, 

 

  to your new family, 

 

  to the ones you love, 

  to the ones you cared for the most.

  So that they can pass it down for you when you are no longer close by.

  See, Yuri?

  ZeOrudea is real, is it not?

  It is right in front of our eyes——————”

.

………

.

  And with a zap and a flash, the upgraded Yuri was no longer there before Caesar’s eyes.

 

  But the Skylord could clearly remember, as his Memory slowly reconstructed to mold to the new reality Yuri so forged, of the Past of her slicing his back one second ago.

 

  Coughing and spuing out light blood out of his mouth, Caesar felt two massive crossed scars ripping his back apart as he tumbled to a kneel, staggering to rise when his memories again started to reconstruct another past—a  Past where Yuri was above him, spinning a backflip kick over toward his face.

 

  Through instinct, Caesar blocked the blow with his hands, yet at the next moment, he was already in the air, his chin burning from a blow that he could not discern.

 

  The kick was already done, and all Caesar Skyman could do was let it happen, without even the power to stop it from happening, for the deed, was already in the past the moment it finished.

 

  There is literally no way to counter…an Attack from the past…An assault that is forcefully predetermined beforehand!!

 

  This…This is the power—Of the Herunis Carna…?!?!?!

  Angered the Skylord was, as he was overjoyed, to witness a fraction of the Miracles he so covets. 

  

  This shall be mine…Caesar snarled, as his body soared and descended to the soft flowing light petals.

  This Power…This Transcendence…Yuri is my guide…My Mentor after all!!!!!

 

  Crashing to the stream, light scattered about freely, Caesar scrambled frantically to regain his stance. 

 

  “ If there is a Will…There is a Way…!!!!” Skyman shouted at the skies, at Yuri he could not see.

  “ I should thank thee…Yuri! For showing me powers of the Miracle engine! Powers that shall surely be mine…! As soon as I break it!!!!”

  With his last remaining strength mustered to his presence, Caesar Skyman prepared himself, bursting into a pillar of light protruding out of existence, shooting out to the starlit heavens as if to achieve apotheosis.

 

  “ You can now change the Past, The Memories of the Before…But I Can Change Light, Change Memories of NOW!!!!! Come Ye Faithful Emissary of Herunis Carna!!!! Show me—Is it your Blessings more wondrous, Or my genius that shall Prevail?!?!?!?! 

 

  COME!!!YURIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!”

  “ As You Wish—!!!!” Like a meteor of high-speed, dashing here and there across the cosmos of Memory, Yuri was also ready.

  In grave desperation, she had nearly given her Memories away, handing them to this wily man.

 

  To forget of the sorrow, the terrors. The heartwrenching Trauma.

 

  But by giving them away, relieving herself of the Guilt…

 

  She would also be abandoning all the others, All the Memories that she has yet to see, to reminisce…!

 

  Her past…Her origin…gone forever…!

 

  Yuri doesn’t want that. 

 

  Yuri wants to know.

 

  to know the truth.

 

  to see it for herself—

 

.

………

.

 

   “ Memory is what gives us meaning, Yuri.

 

  To remember, to learn from our past…To wish that we could have changed something, to become better, so that it would never happen again…

 

  That is the power of the Past—”

 

.

………

.

 

  To face her Fears, 

 

  And be able to apologize, to those of her past.

 

  

 

  Mommy…Grant me strenght…!

  Bitter or sweet, 

 

  of Joy or sorrow…

 

  of pain…

 

  of bliss

  It is all part of her Memory…

 

  Her ability to remember, bestowed to her from her Mother—

  She is not giving it up to anyone, anymore.

 

.

………

.

 

    “ Return to the headquarters. Now. ” 

 

  Was all that Bradson demanded of the children, walking past them towards the Sora, summoning a virtual screen next to the slumbering Princess’ presence when the cat-eared girl, struggling back to her feet apprehensively, like a wounded beast meeting its nemesis, charged forth firing her laser pistol before Bradson backed away just in time, dodging with remarkable agility and producing his bazooka as a shield.

  The wild girl was not done yet, and Bradson prepared to face the worst.

 

  Lima and Neo rushed forth to help.

 

  “ Go Back to your quarters!!!!” Bradson boomed this time, sending a thunderous wave that seemed to push the dumbfounded children back five steps.

 

  But Lima stayed her ground. She can’t leave the old man behind like this. And also the voices, the chiming, the song vaguely gaining form. She wants to hear it clear.

  She wants to understand it…the message from Yuri—!!!

 

  “ Stand down, Neruko.” The old captain bade calmly in an effort to avoid further strife, yet the girl with the feline features reloaded her laser pistol in no time, determined to pull the trigger before suddenly! The weapon was seized away in a whoosh by a vehement twist of a whip blade shooting out from the side.

 

  “ My word, captain Bradson. You are a man of caliber! ” Captain Valentine praised, reaching for the pistol his lasso blade took, his mind dazed by the sudden rippling of the light heart.

  “ Anyways, what’s with this sassy lost child??” Valentine Vanodai approached, ready to strike Neruko down with a whip of his blade.

 

  But his palm Bradson raised, motioning for the young captain to stand aside as he approached Neruko with no intentions of conflict.

 

  “ Caesar has tricked you,” Bradson explained solemnly, beseechingly.

“ He used you. But you don’t have to be his knife. You don’t have to hurt anyone.”

 

  “ I chose…to believe in Him…!” Without regret, without remorse, Neruko responded with rage.

  “ To believe that he can bring us all…out of this…Hell. I…I can’t stand any second more to look at their faces, knowing that they will never remember anything we’ve went through…nya…”

  Tears, now flowing like streams down the defeated girl’s cheeks.

  “ I miss the days… when they would touch my ears…stroke my chin and belly…I miss the days when I would follow them around…watching them play…while I bask under the afternoon sun…I miss them…I miss them…so much…that I could give up on my old self…just for Caesar to test on his experiments…Castiel Sensei…you may see them as your students…your cherished children…But to me, they are but strangers that bear the scent that I longed and deared…and it confuses me so…!!!!”

 

  Wiping her tears away, putting her reminiscing of the days as a cat aside, Neruko stood back up on her two thin but sturdy feet, her jagged sharp dagger in hand, its tip glistened, pointing at the old Captain’s heart.

 

  “ I have chose to believe in Caesar…so I must stay accountable…to the end…Castiel Sensei, if you seek to stop him, you shall pass through me first…!” 

.

.

.

 

  Dashing 2 Meters away, Yuri swirved in a wide circle to The Skylord’s rear.

 

  It is time for her to strike!

 

  

 

—Take a deep breath—

  “ …What…?!” Yuri spun her head around, searching for who that might be. A child, sounding like a small boy speaking to her ear, encouraging her, pulling her out of despair.

 

  “ Who are you?!” Yuri asked as she dashed a few steps further, circling wider to look for the owner of the airy voice.

  “ Where are you??”

—Not now—

  Another child’s voice echoed back, this time, a small girl’s, silky and timid, sounding worried.

—He will be attacking constantly, prolonging his time to stop you—

  The boy’s voice replied with solid advice.

—But it is futile—

 

  The girl shortly remarked.

  “ Who am I speaking to??!?!?!” Yuri questioned, darting off course, rushing further away from Caesar.

 

.

.

  The Skylord sensed a disturbance in Yuri’s stalling. What is she waiting for?? Why is she not landing her attack?!?!

  Caesar was perplexed but stuck with his plan nonetheless.

  Yuri seemed to only be able to alter changes not too long ago…1 minute tops. Now that I have planted a full aerial blast attack from 3 minutes before…Yuri will be caught in my flurry the moment she engages, and even if she can turn back time, return one minute before— My Attack is already activated!!! Yuri you naive little rascal…! You thought you could outsmart a scientific prodigy?! I AM Your Mother’s greatest Creation aside from the Herunis Carna!

 

  Come, Yuri!!! Your Fate is sealed in this one moment!!!!

 

.

.

—You have to take a deep breath—

The Boy reminded with care.

—You can’t breath while traversing the past—

 

  

 

The girl reminded stoically.

— the longer you endure, the longer you can go back —

  Yuri listened, speechless in thought.

 

  “ What if…” Yuri asked the two voices in the realm timidly.

 

.

.

  Here She comes!!

 

  Caesar turned to face the coming force, poising his stance in combat position. His pose was a ruse, for his attack had already been set. His stun trap shall pin Yuri on the spot, for him to finish the deed!!!!

 

  Flying straight forward, Caesar saw her close, her twin blades latched onto her arms with one side protruding forth, aiming for his heart.

 

  Yes…yes, yes!!! Come to me!! Come to your demise!!!!

  And Lo, the Moment Yuri entered range, a dome of sheer energy and lightning blazed up in a sheer frenzy, shocking the arena with tremendous force as Caesar so anticipated.

  The Skylord laughed, for his predictions have synergized with reality.

 

  Yuri, stunned by the light storm wave, paralyzed in an arm’s reach!!!!

  “ I Have Won…!!!!” Caesar Skyman guffawed triumphantly, his prominent finger glowing into a massive light ball, ready to fire off his iconic excruciation jet stream.

“ You are an interesting one, Yuri, I always knew! But I also am aware of your weakness, your folly!! Your naivety is your demise!! Curiosity your killer!!! We were very much alike…you and I. Fighting for those we love, but it is determination and vision that differs us apart!!! Light Hearted Kind shall always be lesser under man, even under Demon Kind! Earth is fatally incurable, but my love…My Claudia is above!!!!

 

  My Claudia is real!!!!! And a New Earth I shall Seek!!!!!!!”

 

  Caesar grabbed his arm, pointing that finger, that tip of his defining ultimatum at the stunned Yuri as he chanted his endgame incantation, his marvelous Astra, epically.

 

  “Hesitation aside, remorse no more.

 

  The fates I shall seal, under my one climactic act!!!!!

 

  Lo! Here I say—

  Terminares - Celestio Hympha—————————!!!!!!!!

 

  

The space between his finger and Yuri caved in, like swallowed by an invisible black hole. Then as the spaces folded, lights of the reality plane, stars of the Herunis realm, and the darkness of the antimatter void, three sides separated in that one instant right where Caesar Skylord pointed, and there, in the space between the trinity realms, the blank nothingness, burst out Light, Star, and Void. Three in one jet stream, searing all and leaving none, blasting the starlight stream below into smithereens, shooting faster than the speed of thought— right through Yuri’s chest!!!!!!!!

 

  Before the unexplainable beam touched Yuri’s upgraded armor, 

 

  Yuri took one last long, deep breath, after many she had taken from the very start the moment she approached Caesar.

 

.

.

.

 

  

  “ What if…” Yuri had asked the two voices in the realm timidly just seconds before impact.

  “ I were to go back to the past, take a short breath, and repeat the process—?”

  The two voices fell silent, as if in contemplation.

.

.

.

  1 minute. 

 

  Yuri told herself.

 

  I need to go back one minute.

 

  Then breath again, and go back another minute.

 

  And go back, 

 

  breath, 

 

  and go back again, 

 

  breath.

 

  Until—

 

.

.

.

 

  Caesar Skyman blinked.

  The Stream of Light was calm as before. The void was intact. And the star flakes falling slowly.

 

  The Memory of his grand phantasm has been erased.

 

  “ Ho ho…” Caesar laughed snidely, already predicting this outcome.

  “ You may have erased my Ending Strike, but you can never escape my Light trapping storm activated 3 minutes prior!!!! I will seize you again, and fire as many Beams at you as I please!!!! Turn back time all you want!!!! I am not locked here with you, Yuri— You are Locked here with ME!!! TO ETERNITY—!!!!”

 

  “ Eternity is a long time…”

 

  Caesar Skyman froze, shutting himself up from insane laughter, as he could clearly hear Yuri panting right behind him, less than inches away from his back.

 

  “ But five minutes…Five Minutes is enough to stop you…!!!!!”

 

  “ YOU…!!!!!” Caesar, now screaming, could but ask.

“ You Went to the Past, Five Minutes?!?!?!?! Before My Trap has activated?!?!?!”

 

  “ I can go back…Any time I want—As Long As it Needs, I Will DO IT!!!!!!” Yuri shouted back in answer, as she pulled herself back.

 

  “ YOU DARE—!!!!!”

  That was when Caesar felt an odd unspeakable sensation, as if part of his body was drawn out like a drawer carved out at his back.

 

  But it was not.

 

  It was the two arm blades Yuri had pierced through the back of his neck without him remembering, planted into his nape to decapitate him at the next second.

 

  “ I am Not Done Yet!!!!” Caesar frantically conjured his Light storm trap to stun Yuri as fast as he can, setting the runes below his feet as lightning started to dance.

  “ Yuri—You think you can outsmart me?!?!?! See How I Outsmart your Outsmarting—”

 

  “ I Don’t need to Outsmart You!!!!” Yuri stopped the frenzied man mid-sentence.

“ For this is my Memory…of pain, of sorrow…of longing, of guilt…of Joy and Warmth—This Is My Memory!!!! Therefore My Dominion!!!!! Caesar Sensei…I Demand You LEAVE!!!!!”

 

  And with just her mind, Yuri summoned her six grappling hooks that shot down from above, planting on all sides of Caesar’s Light storm rune, nullifying all conformations whatsoever.

 

  Then not of speech, not of words, Yuri so chanted her Incantation, her Herunis Astra— In Song.

 

.

.

.

  Lima gasped, looking up at the blooming waves of blue. The voices now clear, and reaching to her heart.

 

  And Lima finally realized what the voices were.

 

.

.

.

  An ouros nepar rien,

Once in a forgotten time, 

  mos paruser at solaris,

among Stardusts and Galaxies, 

  Tha vas ZeOrudea‘rn,

  There was ZeOrudea. 

le Mirra vem Paruseais,

Mother of All Stars,

 

  at Parusea vem moy keiros’ir

  And All stars have their color.

.

.

.

 

  It was us…! Lima gasped. Her voice…and Yuri’s…! Singing to the story of which she had declined to listen before…! 

  But how…?! How is it that my Memory…the Memory I remember…has changed…?!

 

  I agreed to listen…I was singing with Yuri…Once again…!!!!!

  Visions of the past, brought tears of the present, to cleanse all regret.

 

.

.

.

  “ This…!!!!” Caesar wasn’t sure if he should be overjoyed or enraged. Yuri is chanting the incantations of the Herunis Carna…He knew it…!!!!

  But to his ears…all that Yuri sang, 

 

  were of a language of which Caesar had never heard of before.

 

  The secret was there, so close, 

 

  Yet so far—!!!!

.

.

.

 

  ZeOrudea’rn merr ruse,

  “ ZeOrudea loved her children, 

ruse merr zi mor,

   and they loved her also, 

at merr den Mirra fener’d keiros’e,

and the Colors from each part of their Mother.

Lo moyos arznoveda noy,

  So Once, every alignment night, 

 

Raizar at soll le Paruse vil,

the Stars will blaze and shine, 

 

hilt’a poisr t’a sager’cion  

  with pride and divine, 

 

di bloomer dem lo Paruse’ on—————

and they shall give birth to their own Stars—————

 

.

………

.

  “ What do you think of that story, Lima?” The young Yuri smiled, swinging her legs on the thin balcony railing.

  “  Did I sing well?”

 

  Wiping a drop of tear, young Lima beamed.

  “ I love it.”

  Thank you, Yuri—

 

  for everything—————

 

.

………

.

 

 Thus finishing, Yuri retrieved with a swift, powerful flourish, ripping the flesh and tearing the ligaments with one pulling slash, ending with her two arms and blades widely drawn to each side.

 

  Caesar Skyman uttered a scream, but no voice came out of his decapitated throat.

 

  

 

  NOOOOO——————————

  It had happened. The Past is altered. 

  And Caesar Skyman’s head plopped out of his body, shooting out like a tin can kicked out to the horizons on a cool leisure afternoon.

 

  The viscous blood traveled behind, leaving a trail of glow and sparkle, as his body vaporized, diminished into dust by the powers of the Herunis Carna—

 

.

………

.

  A violent jolt brought Caesar Skyman back from the Memory realm and returned he was to the skies of his capital, his body descending through gravity as his venture so blundered. Crashing on his back, leaving a deep crater on the marble floor of his exposed throne room, Caesar experienced a long-lost sensation, of loss and defeat.

  Coughing out the blood of red and light, Caesar quickly flipped his battered body upright, rising in fear Yuri is upon him still.

 

  But now, in the world of reality, those after him are Captain Bradson, and Captain Valentine, surrounding him with their weapons raised.

 

  Caesar heard a gasp and panned his gaze, to see his little spy, Neruko the cat, wounded and defeated, kneeling on one side, her dagger broken in two before her knees.

  Behind the cat girl were the children who he remembered were Neo, Rio, Oullo, and of course…

 

  “ …Lima…” Caesar Skyman chuckled tauntingly at the girl who stared back at him disdainfully like facing an uncouth animal as the Skylord supported himself up to his staggering feet, to meet those confronting him in his wrecked hall.

  “ My little accomplice…my unscrupulous defectors…honorable disrupters…is this how you all repay me…? For all I have done for thee?”

 

  “ Return Lady Reina’s memories to her, you gnarly tyrant!” Brave Starbreaker Captain Valentine accused, his whip blade highly raised.

  “ Or we shall taketh by force!”

 

  Caesar blinked, turning to Bradson in disbelief before howling with laughter.

 

  “ A coup?! Is it?!” Caesar couldn’t stand the untimely idiocy that his old friend had brought to his pulverized doorstep.

  “ Cas…oh, my dear Castiel…I expected highly of you—”

 

  And before Caesar could blast all those before him with a point of his finger of light, 

 

  a harpoon, 

 

  a full-length, jagged clawed, 30 meters long iron pole, shot out from The Delfalak starship hovering miles above, 

 

  Crashed into the throne and crushed its center arrowhead right through the Skylord’s ribcage, shattering where the heart and lungs should have been, pinning Caesar to the marble floor from where his tyranny once rose.

  Instead of a baneful cry, all that came out of the Skylord’s mouth were viscous blood, pouring like a malfunctioned hose.

 

  “ Ha! Gatcha!!” Captain Delprim Jargo barked from above, having the last laugh on his ship.

“ I am King now!”

 

  Wincing back in terror and disgust, Neo and the children backend, verily relieved by the close passing of the evil lord, croaking with a starship arrow protruding out of his shattered body. Even Elza the wolf cub whined at such a gruesome way to go.

  Neruko however was silent, facing the floor, casting her expression under shadow.

 

  Lima, however, stared with her all, wishing to witness the exact moment of Caesar’s passing, then can her mind be at peace.

 

.

.

.

  Lying face down, Yuri touched her surroundings, feeling the smooth marble flooring did she somehow realize she had landed back onto Skyworld, somewhere close to the palace. Where exactly she wasn’t sure, but reality she now resides. 

  Those wacky powers of time manipulation and Memory traveling had all but ceased, and like waking from a dream, her body felt heavy, and her sensations solidly at work. 

  And so came the pain.

 

  Not of battle, not of the wounds of strife, but the same pain as she had suffered ever since she arrived in the capital of Sky. The aching of her lower belly, now but amplified tenfold, as if her insides were constricted in a rough knot, pulled constantly by merciless hands yanking and twisting none stop.

 

  A pain that forced Yuri to the ground, unable to rise, unable to cry for help.

 

  “ …help…” Yuri managed to whimper, crawling slowly forward, to no avail.

— take a deep breath—

  “ I Can’t!!” Yuri shouted at the boy’s voice, immediately regretting what she did.

 

  “ I am sorry…I didn’t mean it…I…I need…to lie down…” But Yuri couldn’t even turn herself around and prostrated, face down.

  “ …Yuri?!?!” 

 

  “ Oh my…sister Yuri, is it you?!?!”

 

    Yuri jolted, recognizing those two voices immediately in rejoice, granting her strength to slightly raise her hand to climb nearer.

 

  “ Ne…liya…Lu…cky…!!” Yuri croaked as the two young girls quickly rushed to the poor Starbreaker’s side, hoisting her up to lie on her back.

  The grey lights of the morning dazzled through her visor once more, assuring her she had returned to the world she knew, the land she called home.

 

  “ Oh my…oh my! Yuri, what happened to you?!?!” Lucky uttered in disbelief, feeling hurt just by seeing Yuri’s frail and painful expression.

  “ Who did this to you…?!”

 

  “ Yuri, let’s take you somewhere to heal…” Neliya suggested, but Yuri shook her head weakly.

 

  “ I… need…some rest…” Yuri panted, her hands placed upon her lower belly instinctively, where her palm suddenly felt an apparent knock, from within her insides.

 

  Yuri stared down at herself. 

 

  That was when she finally saw, flowing out from the armor shielding the inner sides of her groin, 

 

  a trail of thick, viscous light blood.

 

  She had been bleeding from underneath, nonstop.

 

.

.

.

 

  After a short period of silence, Bradson Captain stepped forward, knowing pretty well that the job wasn’t done yet.

  “ Captain Valentine, watch the Skylord closely. He will try to escape even in this state.”

 

  “ Roger that.” Valentine Vanodai prepared his lasso sword readily, cautiously standing guard next to the pierced figure of the Skylord, grasping the large metallic arrow in pain, pulling in vain.

 

  Bradson approached the floating unconscious Sky Princess once more, activating the virtual screen of her inner control panel, searching for the crucial switches.

 

  “ Wait!!” Bradson turned, looking up to see that it was Rio that had just called.

“ What are you going to do to her?”

  Rio’s eyes, anxious and full of apprehension.

 

  Bradson tried to find an acceptable answer as fast as he could to explain.

  “ I…I am… freeing her from her corporal state.”

 

.

.

.

 

  “ I…I need…I need….Grand…papa…” Yuri’s voice trembled, her skin as pale as snow as she struggled to climb up to her feet, her eyes staring widely at the blood coming out of her in terror.

  “ I need Grandpapa Bradson…I need help…!!!” 

 

  Of all her ventures and missions as a Starbreaker, 

 

  Yuri had never felt so terrified before.

 

  “ Yuri, you…you need to calm down…” Neliya was also terrified, shivering as she tried to make a full sentence.

  “ Everything will be alright…Okay…???”

 

  “ Captain Bradson is up there!!” Lucky hollered frantically, constantly moving around in short lengths to calm herself.

  “ We…we can carry Yuri…up…” Lucky stopped short, realizing how stupid she sounds.

 

  “ Ooooy!!” 

 

  Yuri, Neliya, and Lucky looked up in unison, to their grateful surprise, 

 

  Feira, Finnir, Kai, and Treize arrived with weapons and gear, providing instant support when help is most needed.

 

  “ Yuri needs Captain Bradson’s help! Immediately!” Lucky explained quickly to the others that had just arrived.

  “ The Captian is up there, on the third floor. We need to help Yuri get up there!”

 

  Finnir the all-seeing pondered for a few seconds.

  “ Sister Yuri, I believe you have six energy grappling hooks on your side?”

 

  Yuri shook her head remorsefully.

  “ I…I can’t…now…”

 

  “ Hey, where’s Neo and the others?” Treize the chubby boy asked, out of the blue.

“ If they are up there, then we can toss our rope to them and they’ll pull Yuri up.”

 

  Everyone gazed at the chubby kid in silence, in newfound admiration.

 

  “ Treize, you’ll have a seat with me whenever I converse.” Finnir promised.

  

.

.

.

  

 

  “ What does that mean?!” Rio questioned further, seeing the old captain’s screen-swiping fingers tremble slightly.

  “ Captain! What are going to do to her?! Please! Tell me what you are about to do..!!”

 

  “ I am shutting her down!” The old Captain’s voice boomed, like punches pivoted to Rio’s gut.

  “ It’s the only way…to stop Caesar…Skylord.”

 

  Tears welled over Rio’s eyes in no time.

 

  “ You can’t do this…!” Rio uttered, crestfallen and in pain.

“ You can’t just take her away…She’s done nothing wrong!!!”

 

  “ Rio!!” Neo cried, stepping forth in haste.

 “ Rio, Stop! What must be done, Has to be done!!” the child lead tried to pull his younger brother back, but Rio swiped his brother’s hand off his shoulder, fighting his way forth toward the captain.

.

.

.

 

  “ Hello?! Neo?! Guys?! You there?? Yuri’s here, and she needs our help!” Lucky and the folks at the lower level called out, and instantly,

 

   Lima appeared.

 

  “ YURI!!!!!” Lima cried, nearly jumping down had the children below stopped her.

 

  “ Yuri needs to get to Captain Bradson!” Neliya explained quickly.

 

  “ And we have rope!” Feira tossed a thick bundle and Lima caught it.

 

  Tying one end of the rope around her arm, Yuri nodded to Lima, who nodded back assuringly.

  With Oullo’s help, Lima pulled with all her might. Elza lunged down from Lima’s shoulder and the wolf cub too helped pulled the rope. To Both Lima and Oullo’s surprise, the tiny critter’s strength weighed more than the two children combined. And soon Yuri was halfway up to the throne room when she could hear the voices quarreling from above.

.

.

.

 

  “ Sora is innocent!! It’s the Skylord that used her! Punish him, not Sora…! Please…Please, Captain Bradson, PLEASE!!!!”

 

  “ Neo, take him away!!” Bradson, now shacking, hastily commanded. For not only was Rio’s desperate begging wrenching his heart, but also the codings on the virtual screen of Sora.

 

  Whatever way Bradson tried to shut her down, the Sky Princess, the whole of Skyworld seemed to reboot itself, surging Light Power source faster and faster into it’s primary host— Caesar Skyman.

 

  The Skylord managed to chuckle out of his misery.

 

  “ Cas…tiel…” Caesar could but hiss in an eerie inhumane sound.

“ You…failed…”

 

  “ I can fail…” Bradson tried another equation to counter the rebooting hurriedly.

“ But I can’t give up…I can’t stand down. For the children…For Them…! I must give my all—”

 

  

  “ Then You shall give out Your All. 

 

  Castiel Bradson.”

  Valentine Vanodai heard a meaty squash before he could react, turning around to see that all had already taken place.

 

  Lima turned around, her rope-pulling hand nearly loosened by the sight she so beheld,

 

    Neo and Rio, standing just a few steps away from the captain, blood splattered upon their mortified faces.

 

  Even Oullo the quiet reserved one was shocked by what he had witnessed, a feat none could achieve, an act so devilish, so heinous yet so unbelievably done by someone…or ‘something’.

 

  Neruko’s face arose slightly, eyes so wide, her pupils thinning into straight lines in horror.

  Yuno looked down from her perching spot in the air, knowing that it was already too late.

“ Oh no…” Yuno gasped in fear, seeing Yuri just a few steps away from the one, this entity that had just appeared and finished the deed.

 

  A very dangerous Being.

.

.

.

 

  With her remaining strength, Yuri pulled herself up the last hurdle, with the help of all the children present, climbing with her up the wall, finally able to rest on the smooth chilling tiles of the throne room.

  There were more people present than she expected.

 

  On her left was Lima, whose back was facing her, standing like a stone statue, her eyes transfixed in yonder direction at the center.

  Oullo too, was acting the same as Lima.

 

  Neo and Rio, whose voices she had heard quarreling were standing near the center, right in front of where Bradson Captain stood.

 

  “ Grandpapa—”

 

  Yuri cried, calling out with her one last breath as she staggered closer, her eyes gaining focus on the tall frame of her Captain, standing idly at the center of all attention.

 

  “ Grandpapa Bradson…I…Something’s wrong with………………

……me……”

  There, Yuri’s eyes beheld, 

 

  a bloody protruding hand, jutting out of Captain Bradson’s chest. Piercing through his heart.

 

  Panning her mortified gaze, along the thick, bulging arm covered in crimson red, 

 

  Yuri stopped, gazing at the very one that had done the deed.

 

  He, who has punctured his arm right through the back and out of the old Captain’s chest.

  “ Took you long enough…Yuri.”

  Spake Starbreaker General ‘Solo’, looking tired as if he had just returned from a raging war.

 

.

.

.

 

  The first thing Yuri did, was take a deep breath. 

 

  I can save grandpapa…

 

  I can still save him…!!!!

 

  But no matter how she tried, how she struggled to go back, 

 

  Time wouldn’t budge.

.

.

.

 

  “ Signals of the Herunis Carna…None.” ‘Solo’ scanned the whole area with his visor, runes of data flashing through his eyes.

  “ You are powerless here, Yuri. You have done enough to handicap My Master to a certain degree none have ever achieved. I congratulate you.

 

  But…as a Protector of Man

 

  As the Defender of Humanity!

 

  I am bound with a coded oath, to secure Caesar Skyman’s life. 

 

  And exterminate any threat that opposes his wellbeing.

 

  Hoshino Yuri, are you Caesar Skyman’s enemy?

 

  Or Are you his ally?”

  Yuri need not think to give an answer right away.

 

  “ Get your hands…Off My Grandpapa!!!!!!”

 

  With sheer rage, powers out of nowhere, Yuri stood up, stomping the marble floor sending a thundering shockwave across the whole teetering palace tower. Her Starbreaker armor glowed once more, runes of power illuminating upon its surface.

 

  “ If it is so that you’ve chosen.” ‘Solo’ acknowledged without sentiment, drawing his hand out of Bradson’s ribcage as the old Captain fell with a loud thud.

“ Then I need not show you courtesy. 

 

  Caesar Skyman, I beseech thee—”

 

  The Starbreaker General’s voice echoed throughout the heavens in his one say.

 

  “ —Permission to unlock my Seals of Restriction.”

  Chuckling, still pinned to the floor as blood spewed out of his mouth, Caesar’s lips curled to a genuine sneer.

  “ …Permission…Granted…”

  The winds, shifted. The morning, darkened.

 

  Chimes from the breaking of chains rattled across the city, echoing across the heavens as each chime went, ‘Solo’ glowed with a different color, and with each color, a new Rune carved itself upon his Starbreaker hide.

 

  Seven Chimes, as ‘Solo’ stepped forth, seven steps, shimmering seven colors before he stopped, face to face with Yuri, one meter apart.

 

  The winds howled as if begging, and rain started to fall.

 

  “ Let me ask this one last time.” ‘Solo’ spake, his voice now deep, distorted, and petrifying to hear.

  “ Are you ally of Caesar Skyman, or enemy? Hoshino Yuri?

  I will be his killer. 

  Yuri opened her lips to cry out in hatred, only for someone else to shout out before she could answer.

 

  “ RUN!!!!!!”

 

  Like a knife to her heart, Bradson’s shout boomed to her ears.

 

  “ RUN….!!!! YURI….!!!!!!”

 

  “ What are you talking about, Grandpapa…!!!!!” Yuri snarled, summoning her twin blades out of her arms.

  “ I AM GOING TO AVENGE YOU—”

— Run—

 

— Run—

  Before Yuri could comprehend, her arm, her arm tied to the thick rope, was pulled back by a vehement force, yanking her back. Poise tilted, Yuri slammed to the floor hard, yet she still tried to crawl back up.

  But couldn’t.

 

  The pain in her belly, had suddenly erupted.

 

  Screaming in pain, Yuri fell back, unable to stand as she could but succumb to the force that pulled her arm by the rope, dragging her further and further away from the center of the hall.

 

  “ Wait…!!!” Yuri panted, her voice drowned by tears and swept.

“ Wait…Grandpapa…Grandpapa—!!!!!”

 

.

.

.

  “ Commander!! The enemy is breaking out!!” Momo shouted from behind the Starbreaker Commander of the Betelgeuse ship, who had just jolted himself out of a grave trance.

  Firren felt cold, despite his fiery arsenals blasting right beside him.

  It was as if his Light Heart was plowed hollow, and all the Light in his veins sucked dry.

 

  “ Commander! The Enemy!!!” Momo shouted again when Firren saw the claws of his Allenia armor start to crack, and between the thin sealed apertures of the clasped gigantic claws, 

 

  Were the hands of the Exalted one, breaking out from her prison with sheer force.

 

.

.

.

  Lying soaked in the pool of his own blood, Bradson’s mind swayed. He could hear cheerful laughter not far away.

  Drifting further, further downward, Castiel Bradson sank into a far away Memory

.

……….

.

 - Eons ago -

  “ Demons have evolved, Cas.” The Skylord had said in his research chambers, scanning the many surveilling eyes of his drones scattered across the lands, observing the Nano Beasts in their habitat.

  “ They once feared the Light Blood I so forged. Now…they are consuming it. Somehow they know, Light bears the Memories of the Past. They crave its solace.”

  Caesar turned around gravely to face the old man standing at the other end of the chamber, silent and in shadow.

  His only remaining Human friend and ally at that time, Castiel Bradson, the once school janitor, now Captain of a Starship, bestowed upon him for his loyal service.

  “ It is, in the end, an epic fail. All of this…Cas. None of this could outlive the Demons…The offspring of the Nano Scourge!!!..... This Earth is ruined already.”

 

  “ I’ll do what I can…” Castiel Bradson vowed sincerely, begging Caesar to reconsider.

“ I…I’ll find a way to help Yuri remember! We have built Memory resetting devices, Caesar! We can Find the—”

 

  “ That you will do.” Caesar nodded, stopping Bradson mid-sentence.

“ But not here. Not in this…hellish dearth. You will continue with your side of the research, Cas, while I prepare the evacuation.”

 

  “ Evac…WHAT???” The old man blurted in shock.

 

  “ You heard me.” Caesar rephrased patiently, his eyes wide with a maddening aura beaming out of his thin insane pupils.

  “ I am Giving up on this Earth. I will be leaving this planet at the end of this year.”

 

  That’s two months—!!! Bradson choked, thinking fast.

  “ But…how about the people we have reanimated?! The population is huge, are you leaving them behind?! To feed the Demons?!?!”

 

  “ No, no, no. That would be a waste, will it not?” Caesar laughed jovially, a heavy weight lifting upon his frail shoulders.

  “ I have already sent my Elite Starbreakers and drones to collect their Light Souls back to me—to be processed into fuel to provide this city with the horsepowers required to outreach Gravity. To Reach…Claudia.”

 

  “ Caesar…you can’t be serious—”

 

  “ I Am. And it has already begun. With your help, with Yuri’s…eventual help, if she someday remembers, of course, We would bring the Herunis Carna to Claudia, and start somewhere out there, among the stars. A new planet…a New Home…”

  The Skylord’s gaze was full of hope, of joy.

 

  Unlike Bradson’s, which were filled with fear and anxiety.

 

  “ You…you are turning those you revived…into what, Caesar?” Bradson stammered. wishing that his elderly hearing had played a cruel prank on him.

 

  “ First off, Cas, I didn’t revive anyone. They are just reanimated. Come on! They are not living! They are but walking models that look just like our friends! And They F-king Don’t Remember Anything!!!! They are objects!!! They Are Not Human Beings!!!!! They can be anything I want, Anything I Need Them To be!!!!

 

  …And right now…I need them as fuel to power my Starship City—!!!!!”

 

  Breathing wrathfully, Caesar waited for Bradson to reply, wishing his old janitor would make the sensible choice.

 

  “ …And the children…?” Castiel Bradson asked after a dreadful silence.

“ Are you…?”

 

  “ Oh, yes. The Children, definitely.” Caesar nodded, clapping as if the old man had reminded him of something crucial he had accidentally forgotten.

  “ I don’t know why, but juveniles hold more Light Power than grownups do. They definitely are our main source of horsepower. I’ll exhaust them slowly, not all of them at once, one at a time, their Light could provide one full day of space travel nonstop…Hmm. 

  But don’t worry, 

 

  Yuri will stay. She has the Memories of the Miracle Wishing Machine inside of her little head, remember? And Lima too! How can I forget Lima…She is like us after all. Probably she’ll agree with me. You should see the look on her face when none of her friends remembered what was going on…How pitiful.

   So…who shall we start burning…draw the lot? Or by alphabetic order…Do we have any children starting with A in their names, Cas?”

 

  The old man didn’t reply.

 

  “ Cas?” The Skylord loomed over his shaking, trembling old friend, staring deep into his mortified soul.

  “ Do we have any children starting with A in their name?”

.

.

 

  Later that night, Castiel Bradson took all the children with him, reset their Memories, and hid them far away in an abandoned outpost, where Caesar Skyman cannot reach.

  Lima followed, protecting the children secretly while staying by their side.

 

  Castiel had also constructed secretly, under Caesar’s nose, a surveillance droid to aid his watching over the pack, an automaton copy of the Sky Princess, a sister pair to Sora—Tricia.

 

  After the children were secured, Bradson went back to Skyworld, and fought some Starbreakers with the help of Reina, his reanimated daughter who he had narrowly successfully restored her Memories, and Firren, one of the children he trusted whom he had upgraded to become a Starbreaker and luckily, successfully restored his memories also, 

 

  And brought Yuri out of Caesar’s grasp.

 

  Many times, on his way back to the children he saved, Bradson had tried to restore Yuri’s Memories, but to no avail. Even upgrading Yuri to become a Starbreaker didn’t help, but at least Yuri had the power to protect herself, per Bradson's plan.

  Hence the beginning of this whole venture, from where this epic starts, and plays out through Yuri’s perspective.

 

  Alas, Yuri, the most precious piece of the puzzle, had been hurt, contaminated by Demon kind during Bradson’s voyage, which forced him to return to Caesar in seek of help to cure Yuri.

 

  But the Skylord never forgets, and never forgives those who betrayed him.

  And eventually, things have gone down to this.

  

.

.

.

 

  Coughing out the blood stuck in his trachea, Bradson wheezed, crawling slightly up one more time, to catch a glimpse 

 

  of Yuri, 

 

  Lima,

 

  Neo,

 

  Neliya, 

 

  Lucky,

 

  Kai,

 

  Feira, 

 

  Finnir, 

 

  Treize,

 

  Oullo,

 

  Neruko…the kitten that the children loved and loved them back…

 

  and Elza…somehow you lived…your fur shimmers just like your mother’s…

 

  

 

  “ Thank..you…My dear children…” The old Captain saluted, one last time, knowing his time is running out.

   And Yuri…I…am Sorry…

 

  …for all that I have done wrong…I wish to do one thing right…

  …Live…Yuri…Live, and Protect Your Memories—!!!!!!!

  His world slowly dimmed, and the last thing he could hear, were the children calling out his name.

 

  His true name.

.

.

.

 

  Helping Lima as they hurriedly pulled Yuri out of the hall together, Neo turned around one last time.

  “ Wait!!!!” 

  Neo shouted, stopping his folk in their tracks, terrified to the core as the children watched as a transparent film-like coating vaporized off the fallen visage of the honorable captain.

 

  It was clear as day now. How foolish Neo and the children felt the moment they knew who Captain Bradson was.

 

  “ Captain Bradson…He…He’s Sensei—!?!?!?!?!”

 

  “ Sensei…!!!”

  “ Sensei Castiel!!!!!”

 

  The blending shroud had been lifted, and the Children now saw the old man as the one form they were set to remember.

 

  Their Sensei.

 

  The Sensei that had gathered them, children, at the beginning of their First Memory in this world, their benefactor. Their savior.

 

  “ No…!!” Neliya and the others teared up, edging forth to save the man, but were stopped by a vehement shout.

  “ Have you not Heard Him?!?!” 

 

  Lima, tears streaming rapidly without end, shouted to her friends, her family, achingly.

 

  “ We must Run…He Told Us To RUN!!!!!”

 

  “ No…don’t make me leave him…!!!” Yuri wailed, crawling back despite Lima’s pull.

 

  “ Lima, Let us save him…Let ME save My Grandpap Bradson—PLEASE!!!”

 

  But Lima dragged on, pulling the reluctant Yuri with all her might.

 

  Desperately, the children followed suit, helping Lima pull Yuri out of the scene.

  While ‘Solo’ just stood, without pursuit, as if he was still waiting for Yuri’s answer.

  “ For Bradson Captain!!!!!!” All of a sudden, Starbreaker Captain Valentine Vanodai leapt out in assault from behind, his twirling lasso blade forming a hurricane surrounding his lunging form, as he dived down, ready to slice ‘Solo’ into bits.

  ‘Solo’ didn’t move. 

 

  And with just one rune, one bloodshot rune that flickered upon his chest armor, 

  Valentine Vanodai was instantly crushed into a flat meaty pulp, by nothing at all.

 

  Nothing touched the young handsome man, who was now but a pool of blood and gore.

  Yuri saw it all, of the instant demise of the affable gentleman, but she still fought to turn back. She can’t leave her Captain behind…She can’t leave Grandpapa Bradson Behind—!!!!!

  The children saw the gruesome end of Captain Valentine and some wet their pants.

“ Hurry…!” Lima stammered, trying to stay strong.

  “ We…We must hoist Yuri down…!!!!”

 

  “ Bu..but but but but…HOW?!?!?!” Treize could but stammer.

 

  The children on the upper floor, mind blank and in utter chaos.

 

  “ Slowly…put Yuri down…!” Neo managed to speak out a plan.

“ Come one, guys!!” The child lead pumped their courage with his raised voice.

  “ We get hold of the rope and send Yuri down—”

  “ Stay, Where You Are.”

  With that spoken by the Starbreaker General, the children could but freeze, in sheer terror.

 

  “ Yuri hasn’t answered my question.”

  While not moving at all, ‘Solo’ still managed to control the flow of the whole room.

  “ It’s alright…” Staggering up with her last breath, shielding the frightened children behind her, Yuri knelt, one hand supporting her body straight up to face her new arch-nemesis.

  “ I’ll deal with him…!!”

 

  “ ‘Deal with me…’ Is it?” ‘Solo’ questioned with much interest.

“ Does that mean…You are planning to stand against Caesar Skyman…?”

 

  Yuri didn’t know why this Starbreaker General was so obsessed with this one question, and how his demeanor had completely changed overnight, but all that she couldn’t care less.

 

  Yuri took a deep breath slowly one more time. 

 

.

.

.

  “ No…” Yuno fought the pain of her shattered lung to stand upright now, looking down from her hovering pedestal apprehensively.

 

  “ Don’t answer him…Yuri..!!!

 

  Don’t Answer His Damn Question!!!!!!”

.

.

.

  

 

  “ Yes.” Yuri spoke, loud and clear.

 

  “ Caesar Skyman will forever be my Enemy, And I shall hunt him down—Whatever it takes!!!!!”

  Silence.

 

  None of them spoke, save the howling winds.

  Then ‘Solo’ chuckled.

 

  His chuckle grew, into a laugh, and then he howled, his laughter reaching the murky heavens, his candid joy palpable.

 

  “ Then You are also My Enemy now, Hoshino Yuri…!” ‘Solo’ breathed with much elation.

 

  “ You now face One of the Seven Saving Graces of Mankind, 

 

  One of the Seven Pillars of Humanity, 

 

  Sovereign of All that resides in the Physical Realm,

 

  I, was code-named Solo, 

 

  But You shall know me… as Solorum Igmus Bradaperegna.

 

  Bradinn of Physics And Power.

  Hoshino Yuri, for the livelihood  of my Master Caesar Skyman, 

 

  I shall Destroy you now.” 

  And without further warning, The Bradinn activated his first Rune.

 

  “ GRAVITAS!!!”

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f564f7344334c7a4158576a6f70413d3d2d313331383830353638312e313734366332356239353838643931373634303331393530323833322e6a7067

  And before Yuri and the children’s eyes, the floor before them caved in with such intensity, crushed by an invisible force that drove closer and closer towards them.

  

  Yuri stepped forth, shielding the children behind her as she summoned her all, everything, anything—

 

  But nothing came to her aid. Her powers were all spent.

  ( STAY BACK!!!!!!)

   Out of the shadows, wafting out of the corners of the hall, a sea of thick fog shrouded all around Yuri and the children, repelling whatever undiscernable power threatens them all. The sea of mist, cut at the edge where the Gravitas field started, pushing closer and closer while a shadowy lean silhouette pushed against it, with all her might.

 

  “ Yu…Yun…!!” Yuri recognized as Yun’s Starbreaker form emerged before them, holding her repelling fog barriers as long as she could.

  

  ( Go…As far as you can…!) Yun shouted, her voice still serene compared to others, but the urgence was apparent.

  ( You cannot defeat him now, Yuri…You must Go…!)

 

  Yuri watched in desperation as the Gravitational field of doom edged closer and closer, sweeping the fog and ripping the mist apart.

 

  At that exact moment, out from all sides, blades and lasers showered down from behind the children, aiming each powerful blow on the immovable Entity, still standing, waiting for Yuri to perish.

  “ What are you waiting for?!?!” Yuka’s voice rang from all sides, as different parts of Yuka’s Starbreaker form fired myriads of arrows, missiles and whatnot at the Bradinn, trying all she could but to no avail.

  “ Get the hell out of here!!! Can’t you see???

  He has the whole Earth Physiology on his side!!!! You don’t stand a chance! WE don’t stand a chance!!!”

 

  “ Just like…what Yuka said…”

 

  Yuri spun around, gasping in shock as she saw the exposed rib cage of Yuno’s chest.

  But Yuno seemed not to mind anymore.

 

  “ Yuri…Listen very carefully…” Yuno advised after she had sent all the children down to safety with rocks and debris she harnessed with her control of the aerial flow.

  “ I have here one last pod that could carry you out of here…As soon as you get out safely…Find the Herunis Carna! It is the only things that matters now. Do you understand?!?!”

 

  Reluctantly, Yuri nodded.

 

  “ Good. Now step inside.” The elliptical portal that Yuno had been sitting on all this time opened and unfolded into an egg-shaped escape pod, gold of color, sealed shut.

  Yuno helped Yuri lay down inside the narrow space and was about to close seal the glass when someone stopped her.

 

  “ Wait!!” Thankfully, it was Lima, accompanied by Elza the canine.

  “ Let me follow Yuri. I can guarantee her safety, and help her traverse the outer worlds.”

 

  “ No. Just leave.” Yuno snapped but Yuri shot out her arm just before the glass windows closed in on the escape pod, grabbing Lima tightly by the arm.

 

  “ Please…” Yuri begged with all her Light Heart and soul.

 

  “ I need…Lima…”

 

  Reluctantly, Yuno gave way, letting both Lima and Elza abroad.

 

  And soon, it was all set.

  “ Yun, Yuka, stand down.” Yuno whispered, despite her two sisters’ looks of disbelief.

 

  “ I need his Force Field, or I can’t send Yuri away,” Yuno whispered, only audible to her sisters’ ears.

  ‘Solo’, or Solorum Igmus Bradaperegna, hereby to be called Bradinn for short, could see everything that The Starbreaker sisters were doing.

  Yuri is now inside a pod, flight speed of 800km/hr tops. It is in my grasp, as long as I stay, unmoved.

    Bradinn decided to exert some speech interference on the enemy.

 

  “ Yuno, you too haven’t clearly answered my question, as I remember.” The Humanity Restoring Pillar hollered from his side of the vast throne room.

  “ Are you sure you have no intentions of siding with Caesar Skyman? Or…are you trying to be his Enemy?”

 

  “ My intentions are clear.” Yuno stepped forward, as Yun slowly retreated, the Gravitas field slowly prevailing over the repelling mist.

  “ I serve only to Save This Earth. No more, no less. There’s nothing between us.”

 

  “ Sad to hear.” ‘Solo’s iconic passive chuckle emerged for a split second, before he resumed his Bradinn form in the next instance.

  “ I always thought our ideals are similar. Your way of thinking matches the way I compute my understanding.”

 

  “ You think too highly of yourself.” Yuno sighed, signaling Yun to fully deactivate her mist in five seconds.

  “ I am not like you, I live. I breathe. I feel pain. Do you dream of sheep in your sleep, Solo?”

 

  “ Ahh…a misconception many has made. I do dream. I breathe as well, and I feel pain like you and many others. But I have the power to obstruct my nerve transmissions, and the ability to force oxygen to exchange through my veins without me moving a muscle to commit the action. I am living…Just, more superiorly.”

 

  “ Well then, can you guess what I am about to do now?” Yuno asked, three seconds left before the repelling mist recede fully.

 

  “ You will help Yuri escape in some way. But I assure you, it will not work.” Bradinn surmised as he had calculated.

 

  “ I beg to differ.” 

 

  “ You don’t know what I am capable of.”

 

  “ Ahh ha…Well, Solo. That is a misconception on your part.” Yuno chuckled lightly to alleviate her bleeding lungs.

 

  One second.

  “ I have already fought you before, and won.”

  ‘Solo’ jolted slightly with sheer surprise.

 

  “ You—”

  The repelling mist wanned off. The Gravitas field burst out, charging like the invisible jaws of a beast, crushing and crunching matter and existence, pressuring all that stood in her way, that is now Yuno alone.

 

  With a swing wave, before the Gravitas field could even touch her armor, Yuno summoned a circular rune right in front of her, dazzling light blue with symbols unique in shape and design.

 

  “ That…That is—!”

 

  Before Bradinn could fully grasp what that familiar rune could be, he watched as Yuno’s rune started sucking the gravitational field in, as if an unseen drain warping his transparent pressure field into a pocket dimension hiding within that rune.

 

  “ Gravitas, Deactivate—” ‘Solo’ sensed an impending error, shutting his rune of Gravity down, but was just one moment too late than Yuno, who had already begun her chant, her Astra summoning—

  “ Flow of Light, Flow of Sky, Flow of the Stars that reflect through Time, 

 

  Grant me reflection, on this Flow against thee— 

  — Yunosolo - Caelodius Enma!!!!!”

   As soon as Yuno finished, all that her rune had devoured, all the Gravitas force that threatened the children and the world, shot out from Yuno’s hands that pointed onto two sides.

 

  One at the escape pod Yuri lay.

 

  And the other onto ‘Solo’ Bradinn.

  Not good…!!!

  ‘Solo’ deactivated all the runes upon his Bradinn armor, leaping up to seize the escape pod as soon as he could, only to be swallowed by the Gravitational field he himself had exerted upon the lands, crushing him deep onto the throne room floor, crushing him through and onto the floor beneath, then crushed through again onto the lower floors, one after another, sinking down to the basins of Skyworld, into the dark deep depth.

 

  While Yuri, Lima, and Elza, were pushed far, far, far away, the reverted Gravitational force, now as a helping hand, tossing them out to the vast wide world, 

  now covered in Demon pus. Darkness consuming the lands under sky.

 

.

.

.

 

  With one last heave, Caerlia ripped the Allenia claws apart, rage pulsing through the veins of her strengthened arms as the morning shafts lit her world once more.

  Rising from flame and spark, The Exalted one saw, drawing a thin pale line across the morose heavens, 

 

  An escape pod, shooting to the far beyond.

 

  Both Firren and Momo shot up to their feet, ready to engage in a ferocious second round.

 

  But the Lansar Suprima didn’t respond, but stood, watching the small pod vanish into the gray.

 

  “ You can stop me all you want, but I will never stop without the Herunis Carna in my grasp,” 

  Caerlia confessed with a queenly aura.

  “ So, is it to stay behind staring me with those helpless eyes, or follow me on my trail to save all Light-Hearted kind?”

 

  Firren took a double take.

 

  “ What are you—”

 

  “ Your choice.” Caerlia snapped without waiting any second more, shooting to the heavens with one deafening leap, pivoting herself up high, vanishing also to the infinite gray with a twinkling flash.

 

  “ Commander…She is after Yuri!!” Momo cried out after a daunted pause of silence.

 

  “ Ahh…” Firren took a deep breath, grinning slightly to himself.

“ At least Yuri made it…You ready for one more ride, Momo??”

 

  “ Yes, Commander!” The young Starbreaker cried with unextinguishable fervor.

“ Always!!”

 

  And the duo sped up to the skies, the Allenia armor pushing them as their thrusters, chasing their mission far behind but never giving up.

 

  Need not worry, Captain…Sensei Castiel Bradson…

 

  Firren vowed in heart to his Captain, his mentor.

  I’ll let nothing harm Yuri—Under my watch!

 

 

 

  His oath, did the brightening heavens hear and approve. 

 

.

………

.

  The grandness of the lands, now shrouded in vast Dark, a sea of black, shrunk into a small looking glass, scanning the corrupted earth within its golden glass orb.

 

  It has been long since the last signal was detected by the orb radar, seated in the center of a control hub, a rectangular chamber walled with transparent gold. But the orb went on searching, sensing, detecting until a golden spark lit up on one particular corner of its surface.

 

  The golden orb boomed like an orchestral horn, its low moan echoing throughout the glass empty corridors.

 

  One armored figure, dazzling in the color of the sun, runes of sun rays proliferating upon her visage, neared the orb, bending close to discern what the radar had caught. 

  Another error? False alarm?

 

  Neither.

  It was a dashing pod, oval in shape, speeding across the air above the ruined lands, traveling nonstop.

 

  But it was not the pod the orb so detected.

  It was the golden sphere, 

 

  harbored within a chained golden necklace, 

 

  ringed around the girl’s neck.

  The tiny sphere shone abright like a tiny sun in its own galaxy, as if in answer.

  The armored figure stumbled back a few steps, gasping gently as she bent closer than before, fearing her eyes had deceived her.

 

  Fearing that all this was a dream.

 

  

  Her fears slowly shifted to a joyous whisper.

  “ ……Lima…..?! 

  Is it…you…?!”

  

[...to be continued……]

0