4. Fight
273 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(What's with this doctor? Is she a slave too? What a pity!)

(Bella, huh, she really is insane, maybe she will become a barbarian after this!)

(This Anna must be a greedy woman, I'm sure there's a reason her husband cheated on her. Maybe she cheated on him first. A woman like this doesn't need to be polite even though we're allies!)

(Finally, I have the power, I will never be the same again!)

(Those stupid uncles, I'll beat you up when I get back!)

...

Ciel immediately got a lot of stares after that including from the young doctor who dissected his head.

"Tsk! Tsk!" Anna beside Ciel suddenly chuckled while playing with her fingers that were enveloped in the wind.

He had awakened his hidden power.

As Ciel looked at him, he said, "Don't worry Ciel, you are young enough to be my son, so I won't be offended by your words. Our cooperation will be fine!"

He then looked back at Bella before continuing, "but you shouldn't call a woman barbarian because that's too rude."

Ciel also looked at Bella.

The young woman was looking at him with a displeased expression.

Unfortunately Ciel wasn't the type of guy who would apologize even if he was wrong.

He responded to Bella's gaze by shrugging his shoulders without saying anything.

At the same time, Erik turned off his phone so the virtual screen disappeared as well.

He was still staring at Ciel.

“Although your Special Talent is a bit lacking when compared to the two drugs you swallowed, but since your body is fine, you should have some uniqueness,” he said.

He paused and added, "Even so, you still have to be careful because there's always the possibility of bad things happening!"

Ciel nodded as if he was listening to his words.

After that, Erik looked at the people.

He said, "You don't have to worry about your thoughts. As long as there is no particular need, we won't open it.

"Now it's time for us to discuss your life plans.

"As I said before, you will be sent back to your respective places, living as usual but with one difference, which I'm sure you're understand.

"The organization will help you and you will help the organization.

"Over time, you will understand what this organization is and what our goals are. In essence, if you want to rise higher in this organization, show us that you have the ability.

"Basically we are no different from a government agency or a company. Politics and drama are here too, it's fine as long as you don't try to do anything bad to the organization or result in the death of the members.

"However, before sending you back, we will send you to a Dungeon first so you can adapt to your strength."

His last words made people look at each other with various expressions.

For Ciel, this is a good thing. He just wondered if they would be watched.

In Dungeons, there is no network whatsoever. Even if it is made, it is always chaotic so communication between two gadgets is impossible. Each gadget is limited to the gadget itself, so if you want to keep an eye on someone else in a Dungeon, you have to follow that person.

Ciel thought of using his Shadow Power if there was no supervision.

And that was easy, he just needed to separate from the group after entering the Dungeon.

"Follow me!" Erik then turned around, he walked towards the hallway behind him.

Ciel and the others followed suit.

There were several other hallways within the hallway.

Erik led them to a hallway leading underground.

It's quite warm in there, there's heating along the way.

About 10 minutes later, they arrived at a fairly large basement.

At the end of the basement, there was a portal, which was about five meters high and wide.

It was constantly spinning like a whirlpool.

'They can even move a portal underground, their power is hard to predict,' Ciel thought.

Portals exist in various locations.

Although they could be moved, the difficulty was enough to make the Federation prefer to keep them where they appeared. Only a few truly unique ones will be moved.

Erik stopped in front of the portal, he turned back and said, "this is a Level 1 Dungeon portal, The stronger monsters not too far from the portal have been cleared, so it's safe for you all unless you're careless. — However, although your purpose here is only to adapt to your strengths, but to make you more excited, I will also set up a competition.

"The rules are simple, collect as many Monster Life Cores as possible in two hours, the one with the most will be the winner, there will be prizes later for the top three."

What he said made several people who were already experienced enough as Evolvers delighted.

Ciel was also interested, but he wondered if he needed to take the competition seriously.

'Dark Crow, what do you think?' he asked.

'I agree if you want to act more flashy,' replied Dark Crow, obviously guessing what Ciel wanted more.

'I feel like a low profile in this organization will only end up in vain, so I plan to show my best ability so that my status here increases quickly,' Ciel said.

However, here Ciel only showed one kind of power and concealed another.

As long as he continued to conceal his Shadow Power, he also had a chance to act surprisingly.

It could even be said that he was high and low profile at the same time.

Meanwhile, Erik invites the people to enter the portal.

Some people with larger bodies entered first.

Ciel just walked behind, side by side with Anna and the other weak-looking people.

Anna looked relaxed, before entering the portal she said "I'm not planning on fighting, so there's no need to worry about me."

Ciel glanced at her and didn't say anything.

He also didn't plan on helping her in a trivial matter like this.

Whoosh!

As soon as he stepped into the portal, Ciel felt like he was being carried away by the wind.

His gaze spun around, making him feel a little dizzy.

About three seconds later, the scene in front of him turned into a vast desert landscape, seemingly devoid of any boundaries.

The sun was huge in the distance and various kinds of birds were flying in the air. They were chirping in a voice that sounded terrible, giving off a gloomy feel.

"Ah, so this is what it feels like to be in a Dungeon," said Anna, looking around curiously.

"You've never entered a Dungeon?" Ciel looked at her strangely.

Although most people were just ordinary people, that didn't mean they couldn't enter Dungeons, there were many Travel Companies that offered tours of the Dungeon.

"What's wrong with that?" Replied Anna.

"You must be too scared," Ciel sneered.

Not waiting for an answer from her, he took a step in a certain direction.

Bella apparently took steps at the same time as him so that their steps became parallel.

Ciel saw that the woman looked more and more determined.

As she walked, she did not look around, only continued forward.

However, she still looked at Ciel in the end. It seemed that she realized too late that the person walking beside her was Ciel.

The latter responded to his gaze with an expression as if asking, 'what's wrong?'

"I hope you get that stupid thought out of your head, I'm not what you think," she said.

She didn't wait for him to answer, her pace became faster.

Ciel wasn't sure what she meant by saying that and he didn't think much of it.

Every now and then, he would look back, to see if the organization would send supervisors.

But as it turned out, there were only a few soldiers who came and they didn't leave from front of the portal.

'Well, I can be freer then,' thought Ciel.

After about 100 meters from the portal, he took a path full of boulders.

The others might think it was a difficult path, so they avoided it, only Ciel chose that path.

Whoosh!

Suddenly Dark Crow jumped out.

"It's safe, right?" Ask Ciel

Dark Crow looked around, its red eyes shining brightly, seeming to pierce through a different space.

"Yeah, there's no one following you within a 100 meter radius," it replied after a moment.

"It seems your eyes are very unique," Ciel said, looking straight into its eyes.

Dark Crow looked proud as it replied, "My eyes are better than any eagle's."

"Eagle?" Ciel glanced at the sky and shook his head.

A crow is still a crow.

After about 20 minutes, Ciel arrived at an area full of dunes.

The atmosphere seemed calm, but there were some big footprints around. Ciel thought they were desert lizard footprints.

"I will lure some Monsters to come here," said Dark Crow.

"Okay!" Ciel agrees.

Whoosh!

The crow flapped its wings, hurtling into the air.

It was quite fast, easily over a dune.

Ciel didn't know what it was doing even though he could feel its presence, but suddenly there were several hoarse roars from behind the hill.

He immediately got ready.

From his hand, emerged a bone, as long as his hand, had the shape of a spear.

It had a very heavy weight, but in Ciel's hands, it felt very light.

'With my Life Core now, it should be fine creating 10 simultaneously,' Ciel thought.

At the same time, a transparent light radiated from his body. It was only for a moment, but it instantly swept away all the surrounding sand.

His Life Core was already much stronger, so he could release more energy.

Right after that, the crow finally returned and it was chased by four lizards with yellow skin. They are as big as crocodiles and quite fast.

"Boss, stab the chest of their shadow to kill them directly," the crow said quite loudly.

Ever since they appeared, Ciel had always been staring at their shadow.

Under such bright sunlight, their shadows were much bigger.

Whoosh!

One lizard lunged at Ciel. It jumped up to five meters in the air.

At the same time, Ciel's feet began to sink into his own shadow.

When the lizard landed on the spot where Ciel was standing earlier, Ciel raised his hand shadow. His bone appeared in that hand. Quickly, he stabbed the bone into the heart area of ​​the lizard's shadow.

Xiu!

The movement was extremely fast, in a split second, the bone pierced through the lizard's shadow.

At the same time, the lizard screamed, it raised its head very high while its eyes grew dim before closing.

Ciel studied the lizard's body. There were no scars at all, but its mouth was suddenly bleeding.

The other lizards had no choice but to stop.

They became wary the moment they saw Ciel's shadow.

Ciel naturally didn't stay still, his shadow moving swiftly towards them.

One of the lizards then stepped forward, it opened its mouth, which then spit out sand, forming a wall.

It was naturally a pointless act, Ciel's shadow easily climbed the wall to get past it.

The moment Ciel arrived in front of the lizard, it suddenly jumped into the air, reaching a height of more than ten meters, apparently it sensed danger.

However, even though it jumped, its shadow was still on the ground.

Ciel almost laughed when he saw that.

Once again, he stabbed his bone into the heart area of ​​the lizard shadow.

The lizard that was in the air screamed as if its life was taken.

It fell after that.

The remaining two lizards looked confused by the sight.

They even took a step back.

In the end, every monster in the Dungeon was intelligent enough to understand the dangers around them.

Ciel then came out of his shadow.

He wanted to lure the two lizards so they wouldn't run away.

"Come," he said, pointing his bone at them.

Usually such provocations could still provoke the wrath of Monsters at their level.

"Roa!"

They suddenly opened their mouths and spat out sand like the dead lizard.

But this time, the sands were shaped like ocean waves.

This time, Ciel did not enter his shadow.

He jumped back to dodge.

However, his shadow did not follow him, it moved in another direction, carrying his bone.

The two lizards were not aware of the existence of the shadow.

When it arrived behind them, it directly pierced the hearts of their shadows in turn.

"Boss, your fighting experience is very good, you finished them faster than I thought." Dark Crow landed on Ciel's shoulder again.

The latter just smiled.

Previously he only lacked strength, but speaking of fighting skills, he was above average for his age.

Ciel then knelt on top of one of the shadows.

He placed his hand on the shadow.

With that position, he began to understand how to use Shadow Slave better.

"Would you like me to find some more Monsters, boss?" asked Dark Crow.

"Yes!" Ciel replied.

Immediately after that the crow flew again to another dune.

It returned with the same six Lizards as the other four.

Ciel immediately moved as they started running towards him.

With the same methods and tricks as before, he had no trouble killing them all even if there were more of them.

"Now that I have ten First Order Monster Life Cores, let's give it a try," he said.

He was more interested in creating one Shadow Slave for now.

After the business was done, only then would he collect the Cores to hand over to Erik.

He began to cut the body of one of the lizards with his bone which he transformed into a sword-like shape.

Between the lizard's chest and belly, there was a small, transparent green sphere, only the size of a fingernail.

It gave off steam as it was expelled from the lizard's body, but the vapor emitted a sweet aroma, making one want to swallow it.

The source of all energy for creatures that have successfully evolved to a higher level.  Such is the so-called Life Core.

Ciel grasped it before cutting the bodies of other lizards to collect their Life Essence.

It doesn't take long.

After that, he returned to the top of the previous shadow and placed all the cores in front of him.

His shadow moved, covering the cores.

Then, his shadow sank into the lizard's shadow along with all the cores.

Right after that, the lizard's shadow shook.

An aura of life radiated from within it while its form seemed to become denser.

Little by little, it started to emerge from the ground, becoming like a real lizard with a shadow skin.

'It worked!' Ciel's eyes shone brightly.

He could feel a mysterious connection to the Shadow Lizard, as if it were a creature in his imagination.

The Shadow Lizard quickly faced him. It lowered its head so that its mouth touched the ground.

"Show your strength," Ciel said commandingly.

The lizard immediately turned around, it opened its mouth and shot sand.

In contrast to its shadow-like body, the sand was completely real.

"What do you think, Boss?" Dark Crow asked.

"This is a little too beyond imagination," Ciel replied.

Calling the lizard a shadow might really be unsuitable since there's no shadow that can physically attack.

Its strength will also increase as his strength increases.

It would reach the Second Order if he achieved it.

Ciel signaled the Shadow Lizard to approach.

He touched its forehead with his finger. It was like touching the flesh itself, but if he wanted to, he could also turn its body into a completely shadow, something that couldn't be touched physically.

Overall, the Shadow Slave he created was no different from living beings with the power of shadows.

Then, the Shadow Lizard melted and entered Ciel's finger.

One of the advantages of this is that it can stay inside his body.

"However, it really is very helpful."

Ciel pointed his hand forward, it turned into a shadow and then a wave of sand gushed out from it.

Of course, it wasn't because Ciel had the power of sand, it was coming from the Shadow Lizard's mouth. He just released it through his hand.

5