7. The Reason
220 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When he heard the word Star, Ciel's eyes shook for a moment.

"Interesting right?" Said Anna again.

However, she stopped talking any further because Bella was apparently heading towards them.

It didn't take long before she arrived in front of them.

The first she looked at was Ciel, but only for a moment. She looked at Anna after that.

"Lady Anna, sorry for not greeting you all this time," she said with a gentle tone and polite expression.

The sight made Ciel realize that she really was an educated woman, unlike the one she had shown during her one month at the base.

Maybe Anna was right, she just can't endure suffering

"Oh, I thought you had forgotten me." Anna smiled faintly, she glanced down as she spoke.

Following the direction of her eyes, Ciel found Bella's toes moving constantly though not fast.

"Girl, there's a process in everything, you don't have to push yourself," said Anna suddenly.

"You must be mentally hit hard because your own father betrayed you, if you came here because you want my advice, you better vent your emotions first. Scream and curse this cruel world!"

Bella obviously didn't expect Anna to say all that because her expression immediately froze.

She looked like she wanted to open her mouth but ended up pressing ber lips together.

"Sit down!" Anna patted the chair beside her.

Bella calmed herself down and sat down in the chair.

Anna, on the other hand, poured mango juice into the cup in front of Bella.

The latter drank it as Anna nodded.

She became calmer after that.

Looking at Anna, she said, "My grandfather once said that you were a brilliant woman in understanding humans, now I know that it is true."

"So there is such a compliment, I feel like I'm floating in the sky," replied Anna.

Ciel sneered hearing that, he chimed in, "too brilliant and ended up being tricked by her own husband!"

"Ehmm!" The woman immediately cleared her throat.

"Come on Ciel, who in this world doesn't make a blunder in life? Even though a squirrel is very good at jumping, there will definitely be a day when it falls," she said.

"Where did you get those words?" asked Ciel.

"I just made them because you remind me of my blunder," she replied.

"..."

After saying that, Anna looked at Bella again.

"What do you think of him?" She asked, glancing at Ciel.

"He?" Bella was taken aback by the question, she looked at Ciel as well.

The latter asked, "why am I called?"

Anna didn't answer, she added words for Bella. "Use an objective mind, forget about grudges!"

"Mm, I think he's a reliable guy, but on the other hand, he's the kind that won't do anyone any good unless it benefits him," Bella replied.

However, even though her words sounded like she was belittling Ciel, she didn't show a disdainful expression to Ciel. It was as if she was only pointing out the facts but not hating them.

"You're right," said Anna.

Ciel just kept quiet, not offended at all because he didn't feel there was anything wrong with her words. He was more interested in what Anna would have to say.

"You know exactly what you'll be like in the future," she continued, looking Bella straight in the eye.

"Whether you join this organization or not, if you inherit the Wallace Family's fortune, you will never be the same again. Sooner or later, you too will become a person like Ciel. It's even scarier because you have control over something so huge."

Bella was silent, her hands brushing her hair.

Over time, her eyes seemed to shine.

She replied, "In the past, I used to think about not getting involved in the company, someone else would manage it for me, but now I know that's impossible. A king cannot ask someone else to take care of his government unless he wants to lose his throne. Even without this kidnapping, I can't let it fall into someone else's hands. My grandfather and many ancestors in the past built it with great suffering, it would be too shameless if I just wanted to enjoy the results but not follow their path."

She looked around and then sighed. "Unfortunately it's too late now. I'm no longer doing it for the family, but for the organization."

"That's a pity, indeed," answered Anna.

"But I'm sure this organization is not that small. The glory of each of us will remain ours as long as the organization's mission is successful."

"I hope so," Bella said.

She looked at Ciel again after saying that.

"Why are you asking my opinion of him?" she asked Anna.

"He, yeah?" Anna smiled as she looked at Ciel.

"I just wanted to say that you and him are perfect for each other as a couple. This situation of the two of you is just like being on different sides, but actually you two are very similar to each other. The things you will do after returning will definitely be the same and the things you will do in the future may not differ much. If you're open-minded enough, Bella, make him your partner."

Ciel, "..."

Bella, "..."

The young man and woman froze at the same time.

However, the former calmed down more quickly. He said, "I'm sure this is also a suggestion for me?"

"Yeah," answered Anna.

"What do you think?"

“If she obeys me and helps me with her wealth, we can be together,” Ciel replied.

A cake the size of a mountain in front of him, he would definitely take it.

Before today he didn't know much about Bella, he just thought she was beautiful and maybe from a high class family, but now he knew that she was almost at the top of the pyramid.

If she became his woman, he would have what she had.

That means all his affairs can be solved in a simple way.

Anna who understood hus nature was clearly expecting the answer, she smiled faintly and asked Bella.

"What do you think? — Don't just listen to his words, it seems that he just wants to take advantage of you, but at the same time, you can also take advantage of him. The money you need to spend on him won't be so much. And remember, you are a member of the organization, if your partner is not a member, it will cause you trouble in the future I'm sure if the organization gave young women a chance to choose a partner, they would choose Ciel. He has an above average appearance and his Special Talent is among the strongest, his grades are proof of that."

Actually, Ciel felt even more confused because this Anna seemed too helpful to him, which was quite strange since he had never even given her anything.

Of course, if we look at it from Bella's point of view, she also seems like helping her find a better way even though that might seem absurd for a young woman.

However, in an elite environment where people only cared about prosperity, this couldn't be said to be a bad thing either.

The question now is whether Bella is open-minded enough?

Her expression was actually quite calm, nothing but the freeze.

Ciel looked her straight in the eye, waiting for her answer.

Despite what he said, he didn't really expect it to work.

"Actually, even though he's a bad guy from a normal point of view, I don't think of him as anything really bad," Bella said.

It was now quite clear why she didn't show Ciel a disdainful expression when she talked about him.

Maybe in her environment people like Ciel are considered normal.

She looked into Ciel's eyes before continuing, "He's reliable and has merit in some ways, so I can think of him as an impressive man. But huh, directly saying that he just wants to take advantage of me, I'm really offended by that. When looking for a partner, apart from being reliable, I want a man who at least looks at me in a special way. I didn't fall so badly that I had to sell myself just for some profit."

"Hahaha, good answer. Women should have pride too," said Anna, laughing softly, which was quite strange since Bella's answer was clearly not what she suggested.

Ciel thought this woman was indeed unpredictable.

She gives a suggestion but supports something that contradicts her suggestion.

After that, she said to Ciel.

"You see, Ciel, Bella basically accepts you, she just wants you to look at her in a special way. For something big, you should change the way you think."

Right after he said that, Bella suddenly chimed in. "Lady Anna, that's not what I meant. Even after all the conditions are met, it doesn't mean I'll accept a man. I'm just saying my preference."

"Come on, there's no need to be embarrassed," said Anna.

Arguing with a woman like Anna, Bella was clearly losing momentum.

She chose silence and finally looked at Ciel, looking curious as to what he was going to say.

However, the man shook his head.

He replied, "I wouldn't go that far for a woman who might throw herself at me."

"What?" Bella's eyebrows shot up while Anna laughed again.

Ciel drank his juice, not responding to Bella's questioning expression.

A woman in the end is still a woman.

With Ciel's experience, it wasn't hard to guess Bella's thoughts.

Today she may still hold on to her pride, but when certain situations occur, he is sure she will let go of her pride.

Getting no response from Ciel, Bella finally stood up.

She stepped over to Ciel's chair until she arrived right beside him.

"Are you underestimating me?" she asked.

Ciel didn't even look at her as he replied, "if you want to know my opinion, that means you are exactly what I said you are."

"You?" This time Bella was taken aback.

"Tsk! Tsk!" Anna laughed as she stared back and forth between Ciel and Bella.

With a smile, she said, "teenage years are indeed the most fun times, fighting during the day but making love at night."

After saying that, she grabbed Bella's hand, pulling her to sit down again.

"Baby, a great man is always like that because he lives with big goals, we can't expect him to be an obedient man for the sake of love. You just need to remember that when he arrives at the end of his journey, you who accompanies him in his difficult times will be the Queen of all."

Described as such, Ciel couldn't help but feel strange.

His confidence had indeed increased since he had obtained the power of the shadow, but he hadn't even done anything big, so there was still a long way to go.

Praise after compliment from Anna somehow made him a bit uncomfortable, he felt like it would increase his arrogance too much.

He finally replied, "there are many great people who end up falling after a few steps. Even if I'm really great, I might just be one of them, there's no need to overestimate me."

Anna didn't change her expression when she saw him being humble, nor did she say anything else.

Only Bella responded.

"At least you have some self-awareness," she said in a low voice.

She was probably impressed, so she said that. However, Ciel didn't think much of it.

He was silent, drank the juice, and looked at the people around.

Just like him and Anna, some people also started to form alliances.

No one knows the future and what will happen to them in this organization. But as the saying goes, 'having friends when you die is better than dying alone!'

Ciel who was already feeling full started to feel bored.

He stood up. Without saying anything, he stepped towards the stairs.

This time Anna didn't say anything either, just stared at Ciel's back until he disappeared.

Bella looked at the woman after that.

She asked, "You seem very interested in him, is there any reason other than some of his advantages?"

"Yeah, but it's not because of anything absurd," answered Anna. "I always wished I had a son like him. Given that my fate is in the hands of someone else now, so supporting him might be a viable option. It gives me a feeling of being a mother."

Bella obviously didn't expect the answer, she said, "I think you have a certain passion for him."

"Tsk!" Anna laughed softly before replying, "what's wrong with that? Isn't he very charming as a young man? Even though I said I wanted to be his mother, we are still two complete strangers to each other. Having sexual attraction is natural."

Bella, "..."

"And you, Bella, are the kind of daughter-in-law I think is pretty good," Anna suddenly added, making the young woman shiver.

"What if you two were meant to be, would you still refuse?" She asked, nudging Bella's waist.

The latter replied, "that was probably when I was crazy!"

4