13. A Police and a Crow
170 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the car, Ciel sat in the back seat with Kaiya while Lin Yu and Smith sat in the front.

The latter was the driver.

The car crossed the overpass, headed west.

No one spoke, it was silent.

And suddenly, Ciel received a message from a number he didn't know.

However, the number had a name and a photo. It is connected with organization application.

Ciel was a little surprised because the photo of the number was of a female doctor who had dissected his head.

Her name is Horikita.

(Are you already a police officer? If so, what is your rank?)

Ciel answered as it happened.

A reply soon came.

(Later, meet me at the Sun Club, Room 009. Bring your important subordinates here. Just tell them that you are hosting a party for them. The important thing is not to make them suspicious.)

"..."

Ciel held his chin, staring at the buildings along the street in thought.

"Captain, we have arrived." Kaiya spoke after some time.

Ciel glanced at her and kept his phone in his pocket.

Not far ahead, he saw two buildings similar to a football stadium with a smaller size. Each one is about 50 meters away from each other.

They are guarded by quite a number of police and those who try to enter will be checked.

It was the same for those who came out of those buildings. Every thing they get is scrutinized.

Of course, they also had to submit some of the proceeds they earned as tax payments.

"Interesting," said Ciel, smiling strangely, surprising the others.

Smith stopped the car in front of the small police station between the buildings.

Ciel looked at the station.

It is about 25 meters long and wide, has two floors.

Even though the station building was a bit old, Ciel still felt happy because he knew that he would be the ruler.

Smith and the others immediately got out of the car.

However, Ciel didn't got out right away, making them look at each other as they guessed what he was thinking.

Kaiya snorted softly. Jhonny's warning left her with no other choice but to open the door for Ciel.

The last one came out with an iron rod in his hand, he then wore a black police hat with the symbol of a sword in front of it.

His arrival quickly attracted the policemen in the office.

From their expressions, they should have heard the news of their new captain.

Ciel looked at Lin Yu and said, "gather everyone!"

The Asian man looked sullen as he took a step while shouting "everyone, gather at the station!"

Ciel and the others walked into the station.

The first one asked Kaiya. "What happened to the previous captain?"

Jhonny didn't explain anything but from the situation, it was clear that there was a vacancy in the captain's position here.

Perhaps one of the three would soon be promoted but failed because of Ciel, which was why they were displeased with him.

Kaiya replied, "he has been transferred to another place."

"Oh!"

The inside of the station turned out to be quite messy, the facilities were also not much.

In addition to the second floor, it also had a basement, the place where the temporary cell was located.

Ciel didn't like the messy sight, so he said to Kaiya. "I want this place tidied up as soon as possible."

Kaiya pouted a little, she didn't answer, just nodded.

The police finally gathered at the station.

Ciel sat on the sofa, staring at the policemen one by one.

He estimated they numbered around 100. The majority were just ordinary humans, equipped with weapons.

"I'm not a very serious type of person, but I like cleanliness." He started talking.

"As long as I lead here, I will not pressure you as long as you obey my instructions."

Ciel's fingers moved and a very sharp bone appeared between them.

Several people gulped when they saw that.

Ciel then waved his hand. "Back to work!"

The policemen looked confused because he had only spoken a little, they thought he was going to make a speech for a few minutes.

In the end, Ciel waved his hand once more.

He is not a political person, he will only say what needs to be said.

After the policemen left the station, Ciel stood up.

He went to the second floor.

There was only one office space there, it wasn't big either.

A large enough safe was placed beside the table.

Even just by looking at it, Ciel could feel the pure energy within.

'There might be more than 50 First Order Monster Life Cores inside,' Ciel thought.

It's still around 9 in the morning. When it was evening, the Life Cores collected would probably reach over 500.

Ciel couldn't help but wonder if the police took some for themselves.

There was probably quite a bit of surveillance where CCTV would record when Evolvers paid taxes from the proceeds they earned in Dungeons. However, that doesn't mean there aren't any gaps at all.

You can still cooperate by not vetting some people fully so they can pay less taxes. In exchange, they will commission you elsewhere.

'But huh, the income here is too little to corrupt, I can earn more by exploring those two Dungeons. I'd better do my best to get promoted as soon as possible.'

Ciel does not have a certain idealism.

If there was an opportunity and it was really profitable, he could just commit corruption.

He checked the office space for a few more moments before returning to the first floor.

At the same time, Dark Crow came out of his body and flew through the window.

It said that it would meet him outside to make it look as if it was his pet bird that had chased him all the way here.

Smith and the other two were still waiting.

Ciel said to them. "I'll be entering the Dungeon, maybe an hour or two."

After saying that, he took a step towards the exit.

However, after only three steps, he stopped and looked back.

"I want to throw a small party tonight for you guys, gather some pretty important people," he said before continuing on his way.

The three police looked at each other again with strange expressions.

And as soon as Ciel arrived outside the office, Dark Crow came, landing on his shoulder.

'Boss, you look really cool from afar and now it's cooler with me here,' said the bird.

Ciel rolled his eyes, feeling a little strange at its compliment.

As he passed a car, he glanced in the windshield to see his reflection.

Wearing a hat with a sword crest and a brown uniform, holding an iron rod plus a crow standing on his shoulders, he somehow didn't feel like a police, but a specially groomed celebrity.

Many eyes stared at him as he entered one of those stadium-like buildings.

He didn't stop in his tracks as he passed the checkpoint and the policemen standing guard there didn't stop him either.

In no time, he arrived inside the building.

It had a steel roof and there, there were plenty of weapons ready to fire in case a monster came out of the portal in the middle.

Ciel quickened his pace when he saw the portal.

It's about the same size as the portal in the organization, but if you look closely, it's actually a bit thinner and spins a little slower.

Something like that only indicates that the Dungeon inside is smaller.

Of course, it doesn't fall into the small category because what is considered small the portal will look transparent and the rotation is very slow.

Ciel took a deep breath before taking a step into the portal.

Then, he appeared in a forest with trees that were as tall as a skyscraper.

Some people had just returned when he arrived, they were injured and coughing.

"This is the police captain." Ciel heard them whispering as they passed him.

Once they entered the portal behind Ciel, Ciel took a step.

This was not the first time he had entered this Dungeon.

In the past, he wasn't strong, so his movements were quite limited, but now it was definitely different.

His gaze looked around and he finally stepped south.

3